PDA

View Full Version : Who will be off the team come Christmas Day?

mzgrizz
11-26-2011, 12:41 PM
IF they can keep it together this time, we'll have us some great times in the Grindhouse again soon !!! But the realist in me knows we aren't likely to have all of our successful team back.
Which players will be gone???
My guess is Shane and OJ.

I Am Awesome-O
11-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Marc isn't a Grizz on Christmas day, even if he gets a max contract.

Can't say the same about Shane/OJ. I think there's a 50/50 chance that Shane is still sportin' three shades of blue when Santa makes his rounds.

I think/hope OJ is dealt this year. He'll probably still be around when the season starts, but I think he's gone at the trade deadline. Y'all know I love OJ and think letting him go would be a mistake, but I just don't think Grizz brass is interested in keeping him here long term. Better to get value for him and trade him now than let someone sign him as a free agent and not match the offer.

So Marc is a slam dunk to be back. Shane and OJ? Eh, not so much.

MrfadeawayJB
11-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I agree Shane and OJ.

mzgrizz
11-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I DID hear Heisley say on local tv yesterday that he expects to keep ALL of the team............guess so ???

MrfadeawayJB
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
^^^
wishful thinking from heisley. We need another big who can play C though

Snakeyestx
11-28-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm baaaack! :D

Send Shane back my way.... him along with a free agent in DeAndre Jordan are all my Rockets need this year! Hope you guys raise hell and give us a run for the ages!

Deezy3
11-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Keep OJ! I think his potential is too high to trade him. Sure, maybe he dosen't fit quite well as a starter w/ us, but his game will expand and improve. We shouldn't give him up.

MrfadeawayJB
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Keep OJ! I think his potential is too high to trade him. Sure, maybe he dosen't fit quite well as a starter w/ us, but his game will expand and improve. We shouldn't give him up.

If we keep OJ its a 1 yr rental. He will be a FA next season. I think if we are playing really well and feel he is essential for a Championship run (yes i said championship) then you keep him. If not, trade him at the deadline and get some peices or picks moving forward.

*The play of Henry and Selby are huge in whether we keep OJ or trade him

Deezy3
11-29-2011, 12:24 AM
If we keep OJ its a 1 yr rental. He will be a FA next season. I think if we are playing really well and feel he is essential for a Championship run (yes i said championship) then you keep him. If not, trade him at the deadline and get some peices or picks moving forward.

*The play of Henry and Selby are huge in whether we keep OJ or trade him

Yeah i'll agree with that. Whats the word on Selby, is it lookin like he might get some real good playing time this year?

MrfadeawayJB
11-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Yeah i'll agree with that. Whats the word on Selby, is it lookin like he might get some real good playing time this year?

Too hard to tell right now. The kids potential is off the charts!!! I have seen many highlight tapes in the so called "lockout leagues" across the country, and the ability is there. The problem is he is a combo guard at 6'3. I do think he can adjust to pg duties better than Mayo did, so he may be getting 3rd string pg minutes behind vasquez. Depending on how people play, it will be interesting where his minutes come from. Right now we got:

Conley/Vasquez/Selby/Smith
Mayo/Allen/Henry/Selby
Gay/Young/Battier?
Randolph/Arthur/Powe
Gasol?/Hadaddi

mzgrizz
11-29-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm baaaack! :D

Send Shane back my way.... him along with a free agent in DeAndre Jordan are all my Rockets need this year! Hope you guys raise hell and give us a run for the ages!

Hey snakeyes !! Let the good times roll !!!!!! I kinda figured Shane would be back with you guys eventually..........