PDA

View Full Version : Will This Be One Of The Most Unpredictable Seasons?

BALLER R
11-26-2011, 09:29 AM
With the lockout over and having a 66 Game schedule like reports are saying will this be one of the most unpredictable season. Think about teams can not afford to start the season cold. We might see a team in the playoff that no one expected because they get off to a hot start to start the season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-26-2011, 09:33 AM
With the lockout over and having a 66 Game schedule like reports are saying will this be one of the most unpredictable season. Think about teams can not afford to start the season cold. We might see a team in the playoff that no one expected because they get off to a hot start to start the season.

lol 66 games is pretty close to 82

PhillyFaninLA
11-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Its basically 2/3 of the season and ESPN said they will extent the regular season one week and end the finals a week later and there may or may not be an all star weekend so assuming all players are healthy for all 66 games I don't think there will be that many surprises due to length of the season.

Surprises will come from not knowing what drafted players will be good, great, or need time that no one expected to need it. Also we don't know what moves will be made, like will Iggy be on the Warriors, the Clippers, or someone else. Those are the type of things that will create surprises.

albertc86
11-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Doesn't matter. Same teams will be there in the end. An injury to a crucial player could derail a team altogether, though.

Hangtime
11-26-2011, 11:19 AM
A lot lot of factors has to come into play here. Free agency has yet to be determined but the schedule will play a huge role here as well as the shape of many players. The season is condensed and therefore we will see more back to backs. That takes a toll. Could benefit some young teams who were on the bubble last year.

3mikee_
11-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Yea I think the same teams will be there in the end, and maybe some unexpected teams make it into the playoffs. Let's go Raptors lol (wishful thinking)

Dade County
11-26-2011, 11:54 AM

NO! Theirs Nothing Unpredictable about the HEAT winning it all...

I'm so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VillaMaravilla
11-26-2011, 12:05 PM

dont get ahead of yourself buddy, pray we dont meet in the playoffs !:clap:

Cosmic_Canon
11-26-2011, 12:22 PM

Dade County
11-26-2011, 12:30 PM
dont get ahead of yourself buddy, pray we dont meet in the playoffs !:clap:

If you don't think, I wouldn't love to see the HEAT play the knicks in the playoffs (And Tap that ***) you have another thing coming!!!

Only thing is, is that these players are all friends... smh

nickdymez
11-26-2011, 03:08 PM

Did you predict that last year?

Cal827
11-26-2011, 03:12 PM
lol come on guys, if their team is a contender, then most people can think they can win it all.... I'm pretty sure Laker/Knicks/Celtics/Mavericks fans are doing the same so there's no point to harp on one guy.

My Raptors on the other hand :facepalm: lol

Should be interesting though, cause teams like LA look to be tailing off, OKC/Memphis look to emerge, and Miami has played a year with each other now... so they won't have that bad start again. :D

JWO35
11-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I can see a few "good" veteran teams start off slow, while young teams start off hot...but other than that, I think it won't be any Cinderella runs in the playoffs.

ichitownclowni
11-26-2011, 03:19 PM

:bs:

GoPacers33
11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
It could be like the NFL where u c some crap teams start off good but then do bad. I wonder if any team will get 60 wins this year.
If the Heat win the ship then everyone will say that They only cuz of the shortened season

PacersForLife
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
A lot lot of factors has to come into play here. Free agency has yet to be determined but the schedule will play a huge role here as well as the shape of many players. The season is condensed and therefore we will see more back to backs. That takes a toll. Could benefit some young teams who were on the bubble last year.

Look for my Pacers to make a splash, waiting for Dec. 9 to get here so we can get us a Power Forward.

theheatles
11-26-2011, 04:05 PM
i think this will allow a better chance that there is a 1st rd upset in the playoffs but the heat are winning the championship