PDA

View Full Version : Owners & Players Reach Tentative Agreement To End Lockout

likemystylez
11-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Mark jackson promised the playoffs..... He is going to be held accountable for that.... Im thinking he was counting on the season being lost.

No excuses either- all the other teams are in the same boat this off season. I hope the warriors have a game plan on how they are going to attack free agency (it will only be about a week).... and lets hope they get some quality big men.

Monta is beast
11-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Im so glad it might be over, not trying to get ahead of myself, but it's hard not to. I agree with you, there is absolutely no reason to back out from his "promises".

MackShock
11-26-2011, 05:03 AM
so much for jlin going to italy :)

MackShock
11-26-2011, 05:04 AM
im curious, do they have to release a new schedule?

ESaady
11-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Finally.

Hopefully them Warriors are ready and not up to silly antics.

Hopper15
11-26-2011, 05:13 AM
we're going suck this season. I just hope we keep our pick away from Utah.

MackShock
11-26-2011, 05:17 AM
Well see how Mark Jackson does..I mean he has his work cut out for him..but look at it this way, a 66 game season means we only need 33 games to get to .500. I don't think we can be any worse than our 36 wins last year, given that we have virtually the same team coming back.

Hopper15
11-26-2011, 05:30 AM
A shorten season puts jackson at a huge disadvantage considering he has zero coaching experience.

MackShock
11-26-2011, 05:54 AM
A shorten season puts jackson at a huge disadvantage considering he has zero coaching experience.

Well, he's not really going to coach, but he's going to preach. Mike Malone will coach..

ODdFUTUrE49
11-26-2011, 06:28 AM
It's about that time for the Mark Jackson era to begin! Warriors baby!

likemystylez
11-26-2011, 11:26 AM

yeah, but jackson had to KNOW that there was a chance of a shortened season this year when he made that gaurentee that he would get us into the play offs. Also- its not like the warriors are the only team that missed the off season.

Also- jackson didnt even know what his entire roster would look like when he made that statement.

Lets hope jerry west and bob myers are ready for this shortened off season. If this team is serious about going to the play offs, there will have to be some serious moves made in the next month.

likemystylez
11-26-2011, 11:27 AM
lets see how much of an upgrade klay thompson will be over monta ellis. I mean after all hes 6 6 so everyone all expects him to clearly be a better player LOL.

lmeas11
11-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Well, he's not really going to coach, but he's going to preach. Mike Malone will coach..

Haha. I kinda agree.

Plus I got this feeling coach is going to clash with one of the players.

I'm ready to see Monta and Steph lead the dubs into the playoffs this season.

GO WARRIORS!!!

Hopper15
11-26-2011, 02:27 PM
yeah, but jackson had to KNOW that there was a chance of a shortened season this year when he made that gaurentee that he would get us into the play offs. Also- its not like the warriors are the only team that missed the off season.

Also- jackson didnt even know what his entire roster would look like when he made that statement.

Lets hope jerry west and bob myers are ready for this shortened off season. If this team is serious about going to the play offs, there will have to be some serious moves made in the next month.

Jackson was taking the job regardless of the lockout wiping out some of the season. But it doesn't change the fact he's put at a major disadvantage when he has zero coaching experience on any level.

iFYouSeekAmy
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Free Agency and training camp starts Dec 9th (I believe). It gives Riley, Lacob & the rest of the management to do the acquisitions. There are no excuses if they come up with nothing considering that they had all the time during and before the lockout to prepare. There goes JLin going to Italy, and all the others who plan to go or are already overseas. Also- as Stylez pointed out, no excuses for Jackson whatsoever.

New thread regarding free agency, guys? A list of all the restricted/unrestricted free agents would be helpful... and our salary cap status as well. Of course- after the new CBA is released.

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
11-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Well I was too excited for the season, then I thought about our team, then I read details on the new CBA(there is no more competitive balance this CBA as there was last CBA) and realized were not getting Nene or one of the big's in FA we need to be competitive so I'm going to say it will be a typical warriors season, bright side at least Utah won't have our pick.

MackShock
11-26-2011, 07:04 PM
^ Well, hopefully your username brings us a championship

robbnen#31
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Well I was too excited for the season, then I thought about our team, then I read details on the new CBA(there is no more competitive balance this CBA as there was last CBA) and realized were not getting Nene or one of the big's in FA we need to be competitive so I'm going to say it will be a typical warriors season, bright side at least Utah won't have our pick.

I'm not too familiar with how the former CBA worked in comparison to what this one will likely be. Mind elaborating on the difference with the competitive balance part?

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
11-26-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm not too familiar with how the former CBA worked in comparison to what this one will likely be. Mind elaborating on the difference with the competitive balance part?

Well there is no difference at the moment at least in 2 years there luxury tax teams will have a stiffer penalty for being in the luxury tax but for now there is no difference as far as competitive balance.. The point I was referring too is that the owners' proposals all were designed to make more of a competitive balance by not allowing luxury tax teams to offer the same amount for an MLE and by having them be taxed harsher which would probably prevent teams from being so willing to go into the luxury tax but it seems like none of that is in this new CBA.

likemystylez
11-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Free Agency and training camp starts Dec 9th (I believe). It gives Riley, Lacob & the rest of the management to do the acquisitions. There are no excuses if they come up with nothing considering that they had all the time during and before the lockout to prepare. There goes JLin going to Italy, and all the others who plan to go or are already overseas. Also- as Stylez pointed out, no excuses for Jackson whatsoever.

New thread regarding free agency, guys? A list of all the restricted/unrestricted free agents would be helpful... and our salary cap status as well. Of course- after the new CBA is released.

the problem is... riley is the type of GM that likes to sit back and watch things unfold... which frequently leaves him out of any significant moves (ie see last trade deadline). This is a huge problem in this free agency period. THis free agency is going to move extrememly fast. If you sit back and watch how things unfold....its not gonna cut it. Lets hope Bob myers and Jerry west go into this thing making some blockbuster moves. All the cap space in the world isnt going to help a team if it is managed the same way larry riley has been managing it.

likemystylez
11-26-2011, 10:52 PM

wow, you are even more pessimistic than me. I am highly skeptical based on the history of larry riley. But Im not ready to sell jerry west and bob myers off right away..... They have time to make some things happen, but they are going to have to know what they want to accomplish from the get go.

first order of business that would indicate this team is trying to make some big differences (no pun intended)... if Andris beidrins was cut in the wee hours of the morning on december 9th. That would show that this front office is ready to make some noise.... if they sit and do nothing for the first couple days of this... it will likely be too late to make any impact moves.

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
11-27-2011, 03:20 AM
wow, you are even more pessimistic than me. I am highly skeptical based on the history of larry riley. But Im not ready to sell jerry west and bob myers off right away..... They have time to make some things happen, but they are going to have to know what they want to accomplish from the get go.

first order of business that would indicate this team is trying to make some big differences (no pun intended)... if Andris beidrins was cut in the wee hours of the morning on december 9th. That would show that this front office is ready to make some noise.... if they sit and do nothing for the first couple days of this... it will likely be too late to make any impact moves.

I am not saying I don't believe Jerry West and Bob Myers will do a good job but I don't see Nene coming here.. If this team becomes a contender it will be through trades and the draft.

Leandres_sf
11-27-2011, 04:50 PM

Agreed. I think the addition of Jerry West changes the culture in the Front Office. I'd like to see what happens in the next few weeks before making any assumptions.

likemystylez
11-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Agreed. I think the addition of Jerry West changes the culture in the Front Office. I'd like to see what happens in the next few weeks before making any assumptions.

the next few weeks, a lot of nothing will likely happen (much like what the front office has done the last 15 months)... because the new cba will be in the process of being drawn up. december 9th is the start of craziness around the league... lets hope the warriors show up to that dance though.

Leandres_sf
11-27-2011, 05:34 PM
the next few weeks, a lot of nothing will likely happen (much like what the front office has done the last 15 months)... because the new cba will be in the process of being drawn up. december 9th is the start of craziness around the league... lets hope the warriors show up to that dance though.

Right, that's really what I meant. Wrong choice of words with 'next few weeks'

iFYouSeekAmy
11-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, if they cannot make a move, there's always a second option with the amnesty bidding. It can actually help us fill the needs:

3rd guard: Arenas, Davis, Dahntay Jones (Jones is a good defender)

Small Forward: Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, Ryan Gomes, Mike Miller

Big body: Charlie V, Diop (I realize both do not fill our needs as the starting center)

likemystylez
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Well, if they cannot make a move, there's always a second option with the amnesty bidding. It can actually help us fill the needs:

3rd guard: Arenas, Davis, Dahntay Jones (Jones is a good defender)

Small Forward: Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, Ryan Gomes, Mike Miller

Big body: Charlie V, Diop (I realize both do not fill our needs as the starting center)

it will flood the free agent market, which is good for teams looking to make impact moves via free agency. The teams are going to have to know what they want to accomplish though and be very proactive towards those goals. It cant be a situation like summer of 08 where the warriors had no clue what they wanted to do after baron walked.... Im hoping that lacob and west are far more prepared, because this free agency is going to go by so fast... you have to make things happen for yourself.