PDA

View Full Version : How do/did waivers work?

LakersKB24
11-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey guys,

don't know if this is the right forum for that, since it's both NBA & video game related.

I'm playing in an Online Association with the Knicks and I'm cleaning up my payroll to make a run for CP3 in the offseason.

I only have expiring contracts (2 RFA after the season) left on my roster, except for Stat & Melo.

I also waived 3 guys whose contracts were expiring (Shelden Williams, Jerred Jeffries, Terrico White, got him in a trade), all 3 have signed new contracts.
White & Williams got minimum wage.

So if i do the math I have Melo & Stat each getting about 19,5 mio next season, salary cap is at 58,8 -> should be about 18 or 19 million left.
When I look in the menu it says I only have 15,8 left, which probably won't be enough for CP3.

Do the waivers count against my cap, although their contracts were expiring anyway? Can I do something to free up the space?

kingsdelez24
11-25-2011, 09:08 AM
They do unless they get signed, but since the guys you released are that bad, nobody's gonna sign them

When you go to sign him, add in a player option and maybe a NTC because that apparently makes them want to sign with you even more

mttwlsn16
11-25-2011, 09:35 AM
just trade ur worst contract for cp3, hornets will do it

Lucky.
11-25-2011, 10:49 AM
You got rid of Terrico White!? lol.. I played an online league and some guy dunked on me like 30 times with Terrico, I was like really? Then when I stopped that, he jacked up threes with Ben Gordon.