PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Time Redraft Voting #7 Grizzlies @ #2 KC Kings

Ebbs
11-25-2011, 02:24 AM
NBA All Time Redraft Voting!

The following teams have been assembled and are now playing each other in a fantasy first round match up. For this game please assume that all players are in their primes and playing at the top of their game. Injuries are not a factor for this game as every single player is playing at his best.

Please take the time to read the write ups and put some thought into your vote as many of the GMís in this spent a lot of time on this game.

No this obviously isnít real.

If you think itís stupid go to another thread.

Other than that have fun and argue for whom you believe has the better team.

#2 Kansas City Kings

C-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar/Rik Smits/Sam Bowie
F-Chris Bosh/Brian Grant
F-Alex English/Luol Deng/Mike Miller
G-Sidney Moncrief/Dell Curry
G-Mark Price/Fat Lever

vs.

#7 Vancouver Grizzlies

PG: Isiah Thomas/Gilbert Arenas/Lindsey Hunter
SG: Dale Ellis/Xavier McDaniel
SF: Bruce Bowen/Tayshaun Princel
PF: Rasheed Wallace/P.J. Brown
C: Alonzo Mourning/Mel Daniels/Tom Owens

Kansas City Write up:

PhillyLuver and I would first like to congratulate ebbs and his Vancouver Grizzlies on making the playoffs. His team is very well constructed and we wish him the best of luck in this series.

The Grizzlies frontcourt features two of the most fearless and physical big men the league has seen in the last twenty years. Unfortunately the offense of Rasheed Wallace and Alonzo Mourning, something Vancouver would have to lean on in this series, left much to be desired in each playerís respective postseason career. Mourning averaged over 4 fouls and nearly 4 turnovers per game in his four postseason runs during his prime. Rest assured, he was not up against one of the best rim-protectors of all time as he will be in this series. Wallace shot a measly 48 eFG% to Mourningís 50 eFG% in each playerís four best postseason campaigns.

The Grizzlies are up against a team absolutely loaded with offensive firepower. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is far and away the most complete offensive big man to ever play the game of basketball. Alex English is the leagueís sixteenth all-time leading scorer. Chris Boshís range and mobility is a perfect complement to Kareem in our frontcourt. Mark Price and Sidney Moncrief are both 18-22 PPG scorers. Price, Dell Curry, and Mike Miller are all career 40% 3-point shooters. Every single player on our roster is ideal for an uptempo system predicated on driving the ball down the defenseís throat for 48 minutes.

In a seven game series against our offense, the Grizzlies will need points from somewhere other than the jumpshots of Isiah Thomas, Gilbert Arenas, and Dale Ellis. Their frontcourt is littered with solid defenders like Bruce Bowen, Mel Daniels, Tayshaun Prince, and P.J. Brown. All four players are offensively challenged and as Iíve just established, Wallace and Mourning are hardly the most reliable source of points in the postseason.

With Wallace drawn away from the paint by Boshís range and Mourning completely occupied by trying to hinder the dominant offensive game of Kareem, Alex English and Sidney Moncrief will wreak havoc with their ability to penetrate. Vancouver can't stop both of them.

On the perimeter, we can lean on Sidney Moncrief (two-time DPOY, five-time All-Defensive team) and Fat Lever (two-time All-Defensive team) to try to clamp down on Vancouverís primary offensive cog in Isiah Thomas. Merely slowing Thomas down will be sufficient as the Grizzlies will have a difficult time producing buckets on a consistent basis in the frontcourt. If Thomas is slowed then the entire Grizzlies offense, which is devoid of consistent interior scoring threats, will suffer.

In short, the Grizzlies lack the firepower in the frontcourt to keep up with our explosive offense. Defensively their team is one of few weakpoints, but our personnel at the defensive end of the floor are certainly comparable. A vastly superior offense, a comparable defense, and homecourt advantage will be too much for the Vancouver Grizzlies over the course of a seven game series.

Ebbs
11-25-2011, 02:50 AM
I think this would quite honestly go to 7 games. We match up very well here and are one of the best defensive teams in this. However I believe full heartedly that KC with honecourt and a stronger offensive team like catty said would best us.

Good luck catfish and pl.

Catfish1314
11-25-2011, 03:14 AM
I think this would quite honestly go to 7 games. We match up very well here and are one of the best defensive teams in this. However I believe full heartedly that KC with honecourt and a stronger offensive team like catty said would best us.

Good luck catfish and pl.

You're like one of the best GMs on this site. You're not supposed to say things like that.

DR_1
11-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Kings, lack of write-up really hurt the Grizz.

KnicksorBust
11-25-2011, 10:11 AM
I like the fact that the Grizzlies two best defensive players matchup well with the Kings two best offensive players. However, if their own GM thinks they are going to lose, far be it from me to argue against him. :cool:

theheatles
11-25-2011, 10:31 AM
i can see a kings vs kings final

mightybosstone
11-25-2011, 01:10 PM
The Kings easily due to lack of a write-up. And it's kind of sad, because Ebbs could have had a very good argument here. Few teams will be able to match up so well with the KC Kings as his does, and he's got a solid defensive player for every major offensive weapon on their team. I still think the Kings are a much better team, and a write-up might not have made much of a difference, but to not even try...

Ebbs
11-25-2011, 03:28 PM
It wasn't about not trying or anything like that. It just fell behind a long list of other things in my life.

DR_1
11-25-2011, 05:46 PM
It wasn't about not trying or anything like that. It just fell behind a long list of other things in my life.

This I most definitely understand.

LA_Raiders
11-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Kings

xbrackattackx
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Kings here, congrats catty!

Hawkeye15
11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
That Kings team may be the strongest I have seen. They would win in 6, or quicker. Your depth at C is amazing, and 4 of your starters are complete bad *****.

Not at shot at the other squad, very solid, but the Kings team is very, very well rounded. Defenders, low post scorers, depth, shooters, creators, everything. There is no weakness.

Catfish1314
11-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Kings here, congrats catty!

And PL :)

That Kings team may be the strongest I have seen. They would win in 6, or quicker. Your depth at C is amazing, and 4 of your starters are complete bad *****.

Not at shot at the other squad, very solid, but the Kings team is very, very well rounded. Defenders, low post scorers, depth, shooters, creators, everything. There is no weakness.

I have a hard time disagreeing with this :D

RevisIsland
11-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Kings.