Swashcuff
11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I miss A.I. :cry:

Tom Stone
11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I think Celtics Might give him one last shot....bring the warrior back

NetsPaint
11-24-2011, 12:44 PM
No surprise here. You can't doubt the man.

GodsSon
11-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Never was an AI fan, but that was a sweet move.

Sadds The Gr8
11-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Jeff Teague got shammed

KnicksR4Real
11-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Not a fan of AI

tr3ymill3r
11-24-2011, 01:12 PM
How can anyone not be a fan of AI? He was the best little guy to play the game, and he played it harder than anyone. Had he been 6'5" he would have been even filthier.

smith&wesson
11-24-2011, 01:14 PM
How can anyone not be a fan of AI? He was the best little guy to play the game, and he played it harder than anyone. .

this

Corey
11-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Nice move.

Too bad he isn't half the player he used to be.

Sadds The Gr8
11-24-2011, 01:26 PM
How can anyone not be a fan of AI? He was the best little guy to play the game, and he played it harder than anyone. Had he been 6'5" he would have been even filthier.

I don't know about that. he'd lose alot of his quickness and that's what made him so dangerous

unleashthebeast
11-24-2011, 01:27 PM
So sexy, I ****ing loved this guy. One of my all-time favorite non-HEAT players.

still a fan
11-24-2011, 01:31 PM
I would love to give him a shot with the Knicks!

The guy would compliment Billups and give him the rest he needs as well, and when Melo goes to the bench we need a spark plug.

Lets face it, this guy is going to land somewhere and to a team like the Celtics it makes all the sense:

If there is a season, it will be cramped into 72 games and no rest for the weary, so AI will be perfect if he truly meant he'd do whatever any team wants of him.

Again he is such a low risk, high reward player, for Vet min and no cap space what more can you want?

ghettosean
11-24-2011, 01:31 PM
I hope he goes to Boston if we have a season still.

Rivera
11-24-2011, 01:34 PM
AI :drool: he still got some game! I hope some team gives him a chance

Corey
11-24-2011, 01:39 PM
He crossed over in a no-defense exhibition game, chillllllll

Gators123
11-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Zeke says Hi.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2011, 01:51 PM
lol who plays defense in an exhibition game, and it looked like he may have traveled

gwrighter
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
lol its a charity game, Jeff Teague would probably eat his lunch if this were a real game.

Hustlenomics
11-24-2011, 01:55 PM

Nice move.

Too bad he isn't half the player he used to be.

lol its a charity game, Jeff Teague would probably eat his lunch if this were a real game.

lmao

mttwlsn16
11-24-2011, 01:58 PM
I miss A.I. :cry:

me too bro, me too.
hope SOMEONE will give him another shot

ink
11-24-2011, 01:59 PM

Exactly.

That's the sad thing about the NBA. A ton of fans would prefer no defense exhibition game basketball to take over the real thing.

Wow, imagine a whole league of bad defenders so AI could break their ankles. :rolleyes:

This is barely thread worthy and probably should be moved to one of the other AI threads.

Hustlenomics
11-24-2011, 02:01 PM
really so Iverson hasn't broke many people's ankles in the NBA ? or is there no defense there too

ink
11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
really so Iverson hasn't broke many people's ankles in the NBA ? or is there no defense there too

Who cares? Seriously.

This clip is so not impressive it's not funny.

BallIsAll
11-24-2011, 02:07 PM
its obvious most of you people are haters.

who cares if he crossed someone over in the nba? probably everyone watching the game and the replays.

GodsSon
11-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Zeke says Hi.

This.

People want to talk about small guys with heart? Zeke embodied just that. The guy scored 45 points in game 6 of the 88 NBA finals while hobbling around on a severely sprained ankle. Warrior status.

He also did something AI couldn't, and that was fit in to the idea of a "team concept" and lead his team to consecutive titles.

Ezio
11-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Oh but a Rondo alley oop throw is better :rolleyes:

ink
11-24-2011, 02:12 PM
who cares if he crossed someone over in the nba? probably everyone watching the game and the replays.

This.

A lot of fans know the game from sports highlights and youtube clips like this one.

ink
11-24-2011, 02:14 PM
This.

People want to talk about small guys with heart? Zeke embodied just that. The guy scored 45 points in game 6 of the 88 NBA finals while hobbling around on a severely sprained ankle. Warrior status.

He also did something AI couldn't, and that was fit in to the idea of a "team concept" and lead his team to consecutive titles.

Exactly. Say what you like about Isiah as an exec, but that dude was a fierce champion as a player.

Flashy moves mean nothing. And this clip doesn't even show much flash. It's basically a pickup game.

Hustlenomics
11-24-2011, 02:17 PM
This.

how many times has Iverson scored while being hobbled by injuries??
lmao one video of an Iverson crossover and you guys are bringing great players to compare him too. what's the point of that

Jint.
11-24-2011, 02:42 PM
its nice..

NetsPaint
11-24-2011, 03:42 PM
It's not about "OMG WOW THAT WAS SICK", it's to prove to you guys he's not some old player who lost all his athleticism and moves. He still moves very well, but so many if you don't want to admit it.

ink
11-24-2011, 03:44 PM
It's not about "OMG WOW THAT WAS SICK", it's to prove to you guys he's not some old player who lost all his athleticism and moves. He still moves very well, but so many if you don't want to admit it.

We get that. But this was a "lob the ball around with your buddies" game so it didn't really even show what you're saying. Kind of the opposite in fact. It showed me that he can goof around like everyone else in a pickup game.

Why do people get so distracted by highlight clips and single moves (good, bad or mediocre) at the expense of the game itself?

Corey
11-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Ink, don't cross hustlenomics, he's been riding the Iverson bandwagon all offseason.

I've used stats and validated observations to prove why Iverson isn't a productive player any longer...but none of that matters :)

Take a peek at the Iverson thread in the Cs forum.

NetsPaint
11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
We get that. But this was a "lob the ball around with your buddies" game so it didn't really even show what you're saying. Kind of the opposite in fact. It showed me that he can goof around like everyone else in a pickup game.

Why do people get so distracted by highlight clips and single moves (good, bad or mediocre) at the expense of the game itself?
That's true, but I've said many times that I've SEEN games in his last season in Philadelphia AND a bunch of clips in Turkey. I'm not just saying this as a fan, I've actually watched what he could do recently in games that count.

Hustlenomics
11-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I never said he was still great i said he can still be USEFUL, which he is and considering i watched every game his last season instead of looking up random stats i know what i'm talking about

Great_Cornholio
11-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Nice

Corey
11-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I never said he was still great i said he can still be USEFUL, which he is and considering i watched every game his last season instead of looking up random stats i know what i'm talking about

If you watched him in Philly, you would know that he shot 41% from the field and 33% from 3pt range. You would also know that he averaged 1 turnover for every 1.7 assists. You would also know that he had the lowest WS/48 of his entire career. You would know he had the lowest PER of his career. You would know it was his worst defensive season. You would know that he accounted for more turnovers than rebounds.

But sure, I wont tell you any "BS".

You can make a case for Iverson all you want, I really dont care, but citing his stint with Philly in 2010 is an absolutely terrible way to go about doing it.

(Per my post in the Celtics forum)

NetsPaint
11-24-2011, 05:33 PM
If you watched him in Philly, you would know that he shot 41% from the field and 33% from 3pt range. You would also know that he averaged 1 turnover for every 1.7 assists. You would also know that he had the lowest WS/48 of his entire career. You would know he had the lowest PER of his career. You would know it was his worst defensive season. You would know that he accounted for more turnovers than rebounds.

You can make a case for Iverson all you want, I really dont care, but citing his stint with Philly in 2010 is an absolutely terrible way to go about doing it.

statz

MJ-BULLS
11-24-2011, 05:35 PM
that was nasty. if only he was still good.

Gators123
11-24-2011, 05:37 PM

And hes also 2 years older now then he was in Philly.

Do his fans really want to see him comeback and score 5ppg on 35% shooting?

Hes done. Move on.

Corey
11-24-2011, 05:39 PM
And hes also 2 years older now then he was in Philly.

Do his fans really want to see him comeback and score 5ppg on 35% shooting?

Hes done. Move on.

Apparently.

But c'mon...they WATCHED him play..that makes the stats irrelevant!

ink
11-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Apparently.

But c'mon...they WATCHED him play..that makes the stats irrelevant!

They witnessed the miracle of AIs second coming. PTL!! He has risen.

C-Dub
11-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Who cares? Seriously.

This clip is so not impressive it's not funny.

dude, youre such a hater it aint even funny. ppl are in here tryin to show love n you crap on it. Have you EVER played basketball before? RESPECT. What did he ever do to you? oh.. he musta schooled your favorite player his whole career... i get it now

ink
11-24-2011, 07:10 PM
dude, youre such a hater it aint even funny. ppl are in here tryin to show love n you crap on it. Have you EVER played basketball before? RESPECT. What did he ever do to you? oh.. he musta schooled your favorite player his whole career... i get it now

Nope. It's just an unimpressive clip. :shrug: It's weak to use the "hater" line whenever someone points out the weakness in a post. In this case, it's pointing out the desperation of some fans to keep AIs career alive long after it was gone ... let the guy go already.

The amount of time we waste on a washed up player in here is amazing.

C-Dub
11-24-2011, 07:18 PM
arite man, we get it. showing he can still do what hes known for is completely irrelevant. he sucks. he never accomplished anything in his career and couldnt still school 75% of the players in the league. your prolly right. AI was never a great player and still isnt a good player at all. smh..
and if he traveled whoever said that, then lbj must travel on like 98% of his drives, jus sayin

11-24-2011, 07:36 PM
i saw this video and thought, how that was pretty cool, becauase it was. I don't care if it was a pick up game, if there your an NBA fan you would have been watching all these pick up games/highlights. Just admit it was sick and stop saying 'uuhh it was a pick up game doesn't count'. I agree with what some one said before, it just shows the people who keep saying he can't play anymore that he can play and do some of the stuff he used to do. An people like this guy below

I've used stats and validated observations to prove why Iverson isn't a productive player any longer...but none of that matters :)

:facepalm: ........ stfu you loser

Swashcuff
11-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Nope. It's just an unimpressive clip. :shrug: It's weak to use the "hater" line whenever someone points out the weakness in a post. In this case, it's pointing out the desperation of some fans to keep AIs career alive long after it was gone ... let the guy go already.

The amount of time we waste on a washed up player in here is amazing.

But it's really strong when no matter what the topic on Allen Iverson you're in almost every thread with something negative to say. I don't go around calling those who dislike A.I. haters but I see definite hater qualities in your posts.

Allen Iverson could have scored 50 points on 16/20 shooting from the field and you'd find something wrong with it. Its evident that you have an issue with anything Allen Iverson does or doesn't do.

Gators123
11-24-2011, 07:53 PM
arite man, we get it. showing he can still do what hes known for is completely irrelevant. he sucks. he never accomplished anything in his career and couldnt still school 75% of the players in the league. your prolly right. AI was never a great player and still isnt a good player at all. smh..
and if he traveled whoever said that, then lbj must travel on like 98% of his drives, jus sayin

He wasn't "schooling" anybody 2 years ago, what makes you think he could "school" 75% of the league now?

ink
11-24-2011, 08:39 PM
But it's really strong when no matter what the topic on Allen Iverson you're in almost every thread with something negative to say. I don't go around calling those who dislike A.I. haters but I see definite hater qualities in your posts.

Allen Iverson could have scored 50 points on 16/20 shooting from the field and you'd find something wrong with it. Its evident that you have an issue with anything Allen Iverson does or doesn't do.

AI is no different than VC or any other over-marketed superstar that turned the league in the wrong direction 10 years ago. I can see the appeal of circus performers too but there's a hell of a lot more to the game of basketball than highlight moves. It's like a cult of the circus act with the ISO player fans.

ink
11-24-2011, 08:40 PM

Agree with that.

still a fan
11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Here is the only point about AI returning, he won't count against the cap and he is worth a shot for Vet min.

If he can help a team for even 15-20 min a game why not take the risk? Oh wait there is no risk, you just say good bye.

Thats basically the point. Give him a tryout and see what he does in camp, if there is one?

Evolution23
11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Sham God

Evolution23
11-24-2011, 10:21 PM
AI is no different than VC or any other over-marketed superstar that turned the league in the wrong direction 10 years ago. I can see the appeal of circus performers too but there's a hell of a lot more to the game of basketball than highlight moves. It's like a cult of the circus act with the ISO player fans.

Ai is a warrior. show some respect

NBA_Starter
11-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Sick

uprightciti
11-24-2011, 10:29 PM
jeff was being a bum and game was for fun

Hustlenomics
11-24-2011, 10:42 PM

here's the thing.. YOU DID NOT WATCH HIM PLAY and you're trying to tell me about his season lmao. he hit a good number of his open shots and had some off games and passed it 90% of the time. Philly was just a young team and couldn't finish. what rebounds is he getting from the perimeter? hater

Hustlenomics
11-24-2011, 10:45 PM
a game where he dropped 26 points, 5 asts, 3 stls, 3 boards while healthy last season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP-3qh1ZG80

Corey
11-24-2011, 11:28 PM
here's the thing.. YOU DID NOT WATCH HIM PLAY and you're trying to tell me about his season lmao. he hit a good number of his open shots and had some off games and passed it 90% of the time. Philly was just a young team and couldn't finish. what rebounds is he getting from the perimeter? hater

You're right, I'm such a hater because I have a substantiated opinion that's backed up by statistics. Booooo logic.

Hustlenomics
11-24-2011, 11:40 PM
funny how the others that have seen him play last says he can still play except the stat junkie who didn't see anything

ink
11-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Ai is a warrior. show some respect

I want to see more respect for the game from him and others like him first. ;) The game comes first, the superstar is irrelevant.

SeoulBeatz
11-25-2011, 12:23 AM
A.I's the reason I really got into the Sixers. If you lived in Philly, you loved A.I, simple as that. Every kid I knew tried to imitate that crossover.

Makes me happy to see he can still do THAT if anything.... :)

I still think he could contribute spot minutes as a scorer off the bench for a contender (AKA the heat or lakers).

Corey
11-25-2011, 01:18 AM
funny how the others that have seen him play last says he can still play except the stat junkie who didn't see anything

If stats backed up your side of the debate, you'd be all about it.

But resort to insults because you dont like what I have to say, that's cool.

3ballbomber
11-25-2011, 05:32 AM
AI was a beast, can't say nothing bad about the dude. he lit it up every night he played.

Evolution23
11-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I want to see more respect for the game from him and others like him first. ;) The game comes first, the superstar is irrelevant.

He made the 76ers and into who they were. He stood for every underdog in the game. He was misunderstood by a lot, not to say he was perfect but who is? A lot off court drama he went through led to all the turmoil on the court. It's pretty easy to call the guy selfish but people need to read his whole story before criticizing him.

SeoulBeatz
11-25-2011, 08:59 AM
He made the 76ers and into who they were. He stood for every underdog in the game. He was misunderstood by a lot, not to say he was perfect but who is? A lot off court drama he went through led to all the turmoil on the court. It's pretty easy to call the guy selfish but people need to read his whole story before criticizing him.

Thanks for being rational.

I get why people dislike Iverson. Statistically, he was a low-efficiency scorer who was a shoot-first point guard with a "me" attitude, and of course "practice...?"

but he also redifined the game with his killer crossover, won MVP, led his team to the finals, had the 3rd highest ppg avg when he retired behind only MJ and Wilt, played with unmatched passion/intensity for 48 minutes EVERYGAME regardless of injury, all at 6'0 165.

In a city like Philadelphia that appreciates the underdog, it should be obvious why he was embraced here. If he were truly as bad as advertised by the media, don't you think Philly fans would want him out of town the minute we got him? But no, you really had to see him live to appreciate how special of a player he was. And all Philly fans know that. It's no coincidence that when A.I left the 76ers went from 5th in the NBA in attendance to DEAD LAST.

He is one of the most polarizing character's in sports. But i'll always have love for the guy because he gave his all for the Sixers. Ask any sixer fan on this board, all of us got love for A.I.

Of course people will always hate on him, and I don't blame them. If I didn't live in Philly and I didn't get to watch A.I play so many times, I'd probably think poorly of him too just by the way the media berates him and most fans trash the guy.

He'll always be dumb as bricks but he's matured as a person, if you want to see the real A.I this is who he is... (and all A.I haters should watch this, just so you know that he's human after all)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPk5l4Lefeo , he's a simple minded guy who would die for the sport, not the ******* the media makes him out to be.

ink
11-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for being rational.

I get why people dislike Iverson. Statistically, he was a low-efficiency scorer who was a shoot-first point guard with a "me" attitude, and of course "practice...?"

but he also redifined the game with his killer crossover, won MVP, led his team to the finals, had the 3rd highest ppg avg when he retired behind only MJ and Wilt, played with unmatched passion/intensity for 48 minutes EVERYGAME regardless of injury, all at 6'0 165.

In a city like Philadelphia that appreciates the underdog, it should be obvious why he was embraced here. If he were truly as bad as advertised by the media, don't you think Philly fans would want him out of town the minute we got him? But no, you really had to see him live to appreciate how special of a player he was. And all Philly fans know that. It's no coincidence that when A.I left the 76ers went from 5th in the NBA in attendance to DEAD LAST.

He is one of the most polarizing character's in sports. But i'll always have love for the guy because he gave his all for the Sixers. Ask any sixer fan on this board, all of us got love for A.I.

Of course people will always hate on him, and I don't blame them. If I didn't live in Philly and I didn't get to watch A.I play so many times, I'd probably think poorly of him too just by the way the media berates him and most fans trash the guy.

He'll always be dumb as bricks but he's matured as a person, if you want to see the real A.I this is who he is... (and all A.I haters should watch this, just so you know that he's human after all)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPk5l4Lefeo , he's a simple minded guy who would die for the sport, not the ******* the media makes him out to be.

Good post. But I don't get how a crossover "redefined the game" and never will. It's a move, nothing more. btw, I know he's very human and very likeable as a person. I just don't like what he and other "me" players of the last decade did to the game I am passionate about. It's not entirely his fault because the league created the monsters with their superstar approach to the game. It's like the NBA sold its soul for popularity. They got it, but they are also now plagued by fanboys and haters. It's sort of an entry level sport now where little kids idolize the guy with the best moves. Some of them grow out of that and realize that racking up points and getting on Sportscenter every night with a circus move is not what it's all about, but just as soon as a few grow up, they're replaced by a thousand more who want to fight about Lebron or Kobe or [fill in the blank]. The sport has become the dumbest and attracts easily the dumbest fan base. It's sad and it's true. Just look at this forum during the playoffs and compare it to other sports on our site. I know that is a major factor of the age demographic that we get with basketball (i.e. pre-teens) but a lot of it has to do with the adulation of the superficial, the moves, the high scoring, the high flying. Not AI's fault, he's just one of the players that were there when they were so desperate to create and manufacture the star power they thought they needed to fill the void left by MJ. The NBA blew this by not having enough confidence in the game.

ink
11-25-2011, 12:45 PM

I have nothing against him personally.