PDA

View Full Version : Contraction: No Relocation: Yes

Bornknick73
11-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Contraction is not the answer to the NBAs problems. Teams are in markets that cant sustain the franchise financially.

Seattle had a wonderful franchise but the owner wanted the city to pay for his stadium, they said no and he moved the team.

Solution: Milwaukee Bucks move to Seattle and become the Seattle Starbucks.

Sacramento is losing money, the city cant sustain the franchise. Its time to give Vegas a franchise.

Solution: Sacramento Kings move to Vegas and become the Las Vegas Kings.

Phoenix owner Robert Sarver is always crying broke and hes one of the hardline owners not making money. San Diego is one of the wealthiest and beautiful cities in the US. They can sustain a NBA franchise

Solution: Phoenix Suns move to San Diego and become the San Diego Suns

When you say Indiana you think Jones, not money. While the Pacers have a wonderful history and basketball tradition they arent making the money they should be making. St. Louis on the other is a avid sports town with the financial capital to support a NBA team. While it is considered a small market the fanbase makes up for it.

Solution: Indiana Pacers move to St.Louis, become the St.Louis Storm.

Those are a few locations that can make the NBA and its owners more profitable. The problem with the NBA in the past was they took the money from awarding franchises without considering the longterm health of the franchise.

Contraction is not the answer, relocation is. If you have a city you feel deserves a franchise and can sustain it financially, post your ideas.

I think Puerto Rico might also be a viable location.

This is a relocation thread meant to discuss differnt cities, franchise names, financial feasibility. Lets keep it on topic please.

KnicksR4Real
11-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Starbucks? LOL

Bornknick73
11-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Starbucks? LOL

Yeah I thought it was pretty funny. Seattle is the home of starbucks and they are the milwaukee bucks...it made sense.

After all there was a team called the Mighty Ducks if i remember, it dont get no worse than that.

Bornknick73
11-24-2011, 11:09 AM
The team names are subject to opinion. I just threw out a few nonsensical names. Choose your own, name the city and team you want to relocate. Thats what this thread is about.

J_M_B
11-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Indiana, Phoenix, and Milwaukee aren't going anywhere ...

mdm692
11-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Phoenix is the of the fastest growing metropolitan area in the U.S. It woukd be retarted not to have a team. Now the reason sarver is whining about moneybis because he is a banker which is a totally different business so when you try to manage a franchise by overloading one single position with horrible contracts without filling your biggest needs(in this case the pf position) then your team will probably start losing therefore the profitloss.

Gators123
11-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Phoenix is the of the fastest growing metropolitan area in the U.S. It woukd be retarted not to have a team. Now the reason sarver is whining about moneybis because he is a banker which is a totally different business so when you try to manage a franchise by overloading one single position with horrible contracts without filling your biggest needs(in this case the pf position) then your team will probably start losing therefore the profitloss.

:eyebrow:

mdm692
11-24-2011, 11:35 AM
^^^hey im posting from my phone so i dont really spellcheck what i post lol

Tom Stone
11-24-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't want to see teams relocate......but if it's that or lose them I understand.....My Raptors are safe.........It's a widely known fact that Raptors fans are the greatest fans of all sports.

trini_knickfan
11-24-2011, 11:39 AM
:eyebrow:

He had a few to drink when writing this. Give him a break :D LOL

iliketurtles24
11-24-2011, 11:48 AM
move a team to seattle, not to be the starbucks though, maybe name them the sonics again, unless that name is still owned by the thunder or something, or name them the sound or idk the fish market

Badluck33
11-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Hornets are gonna move to NJ.

That might be a reality.