PDA

View Full Version : Torts the line juggler must go !!!!

freddy686
11-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Please if i have to watch one more f in game with richards on the boyle prust line .. Or richards on every other line im going to buy seats right behind torts and let him have it .. You sign a number one center to play on the first line and not with scrubs .. I been a ranger fan back further than the kelly kiso era .. and not one coach has done this crap since tom renney ... And this defense mentality first ..stand around and make sure you cover your zone has to stop too .. Skate and play hockey .. what happened to the ranger team that works real hard and never stops skateing ..

My conclusion its not the team its the coach and dubinsky reminds me of gomez lets skate the puck all over the place and then bobble it last minute or make a crummy pass into someones skates ... Bring some kids up with speed and passion .. heres what i would do without a trade as far as defense they are fine for now ..

stephan- richards-gaborik <<< DONT TOUCH THIS LINE TORTS YOU F ****

avery-dubinsky-callahan<<<<< duby plays better with avery

zuccarello-anismov- bourque <<<<< energy line

fedetenko-boyle-prust <<<< replace feds as soon rupp comes back

at this point you might as well call up redden and ask him to play forward .. we need a trade we have 4 good players that can score on a consistent basis cally ,richards, gabs and stephan that does not cut it in this league .. so let me be torts and juggle the only few good players i got instead of keeping them together so they can play and mesh .. what a f-**** FIRE HIM!!

averymustgo
11-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Avery sucks. Get it through your head. He, Christensen or Deveaux wouldn't even be playing if not for injuries. However, I would still try to pry Nash or Iginla from their teams.

At this point if the Flames would throw in a first round pick, I'd give up Dubinsky in an Iginla deal. Iginla is older but the first round pick you would get from the Flames would potentially make up for the age difference if you draft the right player.

Let's face it. I expect both Kreider and Miller to make this team next season.

averymustgo
11-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Torts juggles lines because most of tools who got raises(Dubinsky, Anisimov, Boyle) decided they don't have to play hockey any longer. They could trade all three and I wouldn't care. The younger players that are keepers on this team are Callahan, Stepan, Staal, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh and Del Zotto. Del Zotto who was a whipping boy last year is playing a lot harder than Dubinsky, Anisimov or Boyle. He might be traded in a big deal but I'm proud of the way Del Zotto is playing.

freddy686
11-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah your right boyle,anismov arent trying as hard anymore since their raise .. and avery sucks because you only get to see 1 minute of him .. 50 sec shifts.. nash would be a miracle , hell id take carter and nash and dump duby and anismov and whatever else .. love how delzotto is playing his heart out and even showing grit .. man i miss brian leetchs passes out of the zone .. We played some crappy teams during our 7 game winning streak .. im afraid we might be heading down with the islanders if our coach doesnt fix this fast .. with washignton and philly coming in hopefully they can spark us out of this walking around and standing stilll crap we are doing .. watching the other team skate and pass until we get smacked with a goal..

NYR_NYJ
11-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Dubinsky has been a disappointment this year but i would not give up on him yet unless it was a good deal. Torts isn't going anywhere either so I would save your breath.

No one has been that consistent this year up front except for Gabby and Callahan adn even Callahan. Our D-men and hank have kept this team going. The + is that they are still winning some games with a bunch of FWDs that aren't scoring.

gabby10
11-24-2011, 01:19 PM
averymustgo is obviously someone who just hopped on the bandwagon along with the rangers 7 game win streak and is now upset because they are losing now... torts must not go and neither should avery. avery is one of the rangers better players as of late. he is better than anisimov, boyle, prust, fedotenko, christensen, and deveaux no questions asked.. hes actually looking better than dubi at the moment. so all of you should stop complaining because of a 2 game losing streak. wait it out. unfortunately, this is how the rangers operate

bsi
11-24-2011, 01:48 PM
All the players should know by now that you earn your ice time with Tortorella, play hard and you'll get ice time, if you don't then you get pushed down the lineup. Richards of all people knows this, he went through it before in Tampa and he chose to come here because of Torts. If anyone is questioning the line juggling you need only look at the play of the players. You can't blame Chemistry on this, all those players have played with each other multiple times, they are NHL players and if they can't bring it every night then they should be getting lower minutes. It's time for these guys to get the message, mediocre play each night isn't good enough. Avery started out with a bang but he's trailed off the last few games, something that is all too common with his play, he has to infuse the team with some spark. Dubinsky, Boyle, Richards, and Anisimov have to get it going and our PP has to produce or we aren't going anywhere. That's my take, our problems have very little to do with line changes, if anything our successes can be attributed to it as the GAS line carried us through a few games after switching Gaborik off of Richards wing when that line became stagnant.

fingerbang
11-24-2011, 02:12 PM
He needs to fix the ****ing power play. It's a joke. Last year he had an excuse because we didn't have a power play qb but now we have Richards. The scheme is pretty pathetic.

averymustgo
11-24-2011, 03:54 PM
No, I'm obviously somebody who doesn't sit up in the blueseats cheering Avery like some kind of drunk moron who is too blind to see that Avery has been a complete scrub for well over a year.

Avery is off-sides more than any player in the league. He's lazy with effort. He cares more about partying off the ice than on. He was also a terrible influence on Del Zotto last season. Reported by several sources. I'm frustrated by Anisimov. However, if you think Avery is better than Anisimov and Prust, you know NOTHING about hockey. Every GM would be laughing at that statement.

gabby10
11-24-2011, 04:10 PM
i misspoke.. he is playing better than all of those players.. there is no debating that.. and even though i have never sat in the blue seats in my life, why discriminate against those less fortunate? and im sure as hell i know a lot more about hockey than you do

fingerbang
11-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Avery sucks. Get it through your head. He, Christensen or Deveaux wouldn't even be playing if not for injuries. However, I would still try to pry Nash or Iginla from their teams.

At this point if the Flames would throw in a first round pick, I'd give up Dubinsky in an Iginla deal. Iginla is older but the first round pick you would get from the Flames would potentially make up for the age difference if you draft the right player.

Let's face it. I expect both Kreider and Miller to make this team next season.

You're right!!!!

Instead we'd have Rupp playing, a guy that scores fewer goals, creates fewer opportunities, skates slower, takes more stupid penalties, and draws fewer penalties.

Dernelle
11-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Amen brother, I've been calling for the Rat's head for years. He needs to be fired immediately, screw the 7-game win streak, it was against crappy teams. He is the problem with this team, they are not a super talented, and the team lacks a system, the dump and chase just doesn't cut it. They have no powerplay and no chemistry, and this is mainly John "The Rat" Tortorella's fault. His juggling doesn't let chemistry form, and he has no patience and trust with many of his players. His ego is too big, and he should have been fired after he sprayed the fan with the water bottle, the game after benching Avery, effectively screwing the series. He really needs to go, he is not the right coach for this team. He lets personal things get in the way of coaching. On a personal note, I am also disgusted by his rat face, it makes me sick to my stomach. Also, yes, Avery is not Messier, but he tries hard for the team and he adds something to the team, do not understand all the Avery hate.

NYR_NYJ
11-24-2011, 05:42 PM
:speechless:

bsi
11-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I honestly thought we should have traded Boyle this past offseason as I felt that Boyles season wouldn't be duplicated, and I found he got tired towards the end of the season. But that aside, our problem isn't coaching, it's that we have three players in our top 6 that give a consistantly good effort each night, Gaborik, Callahan and Stepan. Others like Dubinsky haven't done much, Richards has been ok, but we never got him to be ok, we got him to be an 80-90 point guy, and Anisimov has been hit or miss each night and I wonder will he ever learn to use his body to his advantage and more importantly to keep his head up so he doesn't get run over every game. The old saying "Your best players have to be your best players" has never applied more than here. While Avery put together a couple good games and provided an energy burst it's not his job to carry the team. Our best players have to be better plain and simple, we need a scoring threat from both lines every night, and we need to make teams pay on our powerplays, and we're not getting that. BTW Girardi and McDonagh have been solid all year, as well as I don't think it has to be said but our Goalies have played really well.

freddy686
11-24-2011, 11:33 PM
they just recalled mitchell and haglin .. glen sather is pissed and answered my prayers now lets see who gets dumped in the minors .. probably avery cuz torts has mental problems

bsi
11-25-2011, 12:33 AM
they just recalled mitchell and haglin .. glen sather is pissed and answered my prayers now lets see who gets dumped in the minors .. probably avery cuz torts has mental problems

I doubt it's Avery, I'd say either Christensen is gonna sit or Prust is finally gonna heal what's been bothering him, though who knows maybe this is where Dubi gets a benching for his play or even Boyle.

averymustgo
11-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Avery stopped being effective for this team a long time ago. Christensen never was.

averymustgo
11-25-2011, 07:52 AM
For people comparing Rupp to Avery, do some research and think harder. Last year Avery had 3 goals in 76 games. Rupp had 9 in 81. Two years ago Avery had 11 goals in 69 games. Rupp had 13 in 81 games. So despite a few less games for Avery, Rupp has actually scored more goals than Avery the past 2 years. You DO REALIZE that Rupp is actually an ENFORCER. Right? He doesn't run away vs. every tough player like Avery does and only fights with the Mottau's of the world. Then enforcer of this team has scored more goals the past 2 years than Sean Avery. That being said, if you think Avery deserves a spot on this team, you are beyond lost.

It will be a great day next year when his contract runs out and Avery never plays another game in a Rangers uniform. This team has outgrown him. The buffoons who bash a coach for having his team 10-5-3 without their best defenseman and Dubinsky, Anisimov and Boyle being clueless, are the same clowns who support Avery and think Torts brought his game down. Laughable to say the least.

fingerbang
11-25-2011, 10:47 AM
For people comparing Rupp to Avery, do some research and think harder. Last year Avery had 3 goals in 76 games. Rupp had 9 in 81. Two years ago Avery had 11 goals in 69 games. Rupp had 13 in 81 games. So despite a few less games for Avery, Rupp has actually scored more goals than Avery the past 2 years. You DO REALIZE that Rupp is actually an ENFORCER. Right? He doesn't run away vs. every tough player like Avery does and only fights with the Mottau's of the world. Then enforcer of this team has scored more goals the past 2 years than Sean Avery. That being said, if you think Avery deserves a spot on this team, you are beyond lost.

It will be a great day next year when his contract runs out and Avery never plays another game in a Rangers uniform. This team has outgrown him. The buffoons who bash a coach for having his team 10-5-3 without their best defenseman and Dubinsky, Anisimov and Boyle being clueless, are the same clowns who support Avery and think Torts brought his game down. Laughable to say the least.

Offensively speaking, Sean Avery skates circles around Mike Rupp. Being an 'enforcer' is a nice but it's just a bs title. It's a myth that you need one of those guys in your lineup to begin with. Our teams were probably better off when Brashear and Boogard went down with injuries. It turned out that we didn't actually need anyone ENFORCING to win.

averymustgo
11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
The fans in the blues have always had a hard time letting go of players who act like morons and entertain them. They loved Domi. They loved Orr. They loved Fotiu. They love Avery. They even liked Hollweg.

nyr1980
11-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Avery has played well enough to be in the line-up since he's been recalled- especially with Wolski and Rupp unavailable and EC being perhaps the most inconsitent player in the entire NHL. EC has a very high skill level, yet he disappears completely for huge blocks of games.

But if we are talking about those guys, all of whom are 3rd liners at absolute best, we are all missing the point.

Over the course of an 82 game, six month season, your best players need to be your best players. Your top 6 through 9 forwards need to produce.

5 of those guys (Dubinsky, AA, Boyle, Prust, and Feds) have a grand total of 6 goals (1 on the PP) between them in a combined 90 man games.

Torts has juggled line in part I think to try and get those guys started.

Gabs and Richards are no good together for this team if no other line is scoring. Then they're just easier to stop.

When it comes to forward play in the NHL, you win with your top guys (those playing a minimum of 12-13 mins anight, every night) producing.

bsi
11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Christensen is the scratch for today.

nyanks79
11-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Avery has played well enough to be in the line-up since he's been recalled- especially with Wolski and Rupp unavailable and EC being perhaps the most inconsitent player in the entire NHL. EC has a very high skill level, yet he disappears completely for huge blocks of games.

But if we are talking about those guys, all of whom are 3rd liners at absolute best, we are all missing the point.

Over the course of an 82 game, six month season, your best players need to be your best players. Your top 6 through 9 forwards need to produce.

5 of those guys (Dubinsky, AA, Boyle, Prust, and Feds) have a grand total of 6 goals (1 on the PP) between them in a combined 90 man games.

Torts has juggled line in part I think to try and get those guys started.

Gabs and Richards are no good together for this team if no other line is scoring. Then they're just easier to stop.

When it comes to forward play in the NHL, you win with your top guys (those playing a minimum of 12-13 mins anight, every night) producing.

Pretty much agree with everything here. Its why I havent really got into all the Avery stuff.

Christensen is the scratch for today.

Fun face EC is dead last in the league in shot differential per 60 minutes.

averymustgo
11-25-2011, 04:30 PM
If Wolski and Rupp weren't hurt, Christensen and Avery would be in the minors. Only one more year of these kids of scrubs on our team. Next year Kreider and Miller should make the team. Hopefully, Hagelin sticks this year. Fasth might have a chance of making the team as well.

QUBobcats550
11-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I agree that Torts juggles the lines way too much. He switches up lines at least every other game. How does he expect any cohesion or chemistry amongst line mates if he continues to switch them? Leave the lines alone for 4-5 games (or more) and see how they gel. If there is still no scoring then I can see the need to juggle them a bit, but not as frequently as he currently does.

As for Sean Avery; he is only playing right now due to the multiple injuries. His effectiveness has dropped off drastically, he doesn't draw as many penalties as he used to, and his antics can be a cancer to a locker room. As it was mentioned before, NYR fans love this guy because he entertains them and this sentiment blinds them from the fact that he is not the overall hockey player he used to be and certainly not the type of player that this team currently needs.

bsi
11-25-2011, 06:49 PM
I agree that Torts juggles the lines way too much. He switches up lines at least every other game. How does he expect any cohesion or chemistry amongst line mates if he continues to switch them? Leave the lines alone for 4-5 games (or more) and see how they gel. If there is still no scoring then I can see the need to juggle them a bit, but not as frequently as he currently does.

As for Sean Avery; he is only playing right now due to the multiple injuries. His effectiveness has dropped off drastically, he doesn't draw as many penalties as he used to, and his antics can be a cancer to a locker room. As it was mentioned before, NYR fans love this guy because he entertains them and this sentiment blinds them from the fact that he is not the overall hockey player he used to be and certainly not the type of player that this team currently needs.

All the players have played with each other,whether it be in a game or in practice, they are NHL players they shouldn't have to play with each other every night to get something going, from my own experience watching players while you're waiting for a shift is sometimes as good as playing with someone as you can see where the player likes to go in certain situations. I don't buy the whole "players gotta play together no matter what" mentality. If the players that were together on game one played well together from game one there wouldn't be any need to switch the lines, you can't force chemistry, sometimes it's there or it's not. If we never changed lines we wouldn't have found the GAS line, and they've turned out to be our best line. There's only one way to get more consistant lines, and that's with more consistant play, so don't blame this on the coach, if it was working he wouldn't change it. As Albert Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

S.S-77
11-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone, its been awile since I've blogged....but have been following all the fourms. But had to say something on this topic. Let me start by saying this, I don't think torts is the best coach out there but he isn't a bad coach in my opinon. Yes he has made mistakes as the rangers coach. I will not argue that. The rangers struggles have nothing to do with his coaching ablitys but the players on the ice. He changes line combos cause the lines have been playing flat.... yes the rangers haven't played to there potental yet. But come on how can we bash a team that is now 11-6-3. They are 5 games above 500. Let's ripp on them when they are losing. Not winning

fingerbang
11-25-2011, 08:06 PM
The power play sucks and a lot of that falls on the coaching staff including Sullivan.

Torts can juggle the lines a little bit but I think it's pretty pathetic that the Gabo/Richards experiment only lasted about 6 games. Those guys were excited to play with each other and they were barely given a shot. How could that line combo not work? That's one of my problems with Torts. He'll promote a player to the top line after a good game but if that player doesn't score another goal in the very next game he'll get booted right back down to where he was.

Torts admitted that he needed to cool it with the line juggling a few weeks ago and then he went ahead and changed the lines for the upcoming game.

nyr1980
11-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Torts is a line juggler. He always has been and we all knew that when he was hired. As for Gabs and Richards, it's a long season so don't think you've seen the last of them together. Torts has always been the type to put his best offensive players with those in a slump to try and get them going, and that's really all that he's been doing. Also, he is by his own admission a gut guy and just because a line looks great on paper doesnt mean it will pan out game to game. It's his style and it has worked for him.

If you measure coaches by winning titles, then Torts is an elite coach. He's among a small fraternity of active coaches with cup wins.

fingerbang
11-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Torts is a line juggler. He always has been and we all knew that when he was hired. As for Gabs and Richards, it's a long season so don't think you've seen the last of them together. Torts has always been the type to put his best offensive players with those in a slump to try and get them going, and that's really all that he's been doing. Also, he is by his own admission a gut guy and just because a line looks great on paper doesnt mean it will pan out game to game. It's his style and it has worked for him.

If you measure coaches by winning titles, then Torts is an elite coach. He's among a small fraternity of active coaches with cup wins.

I judge Torts based off of his results in NY. I don't care what he did in Tampa. The team has to make that next step this season and become one of the better teams in the NHL. The talent is here. If we continue to be fringe playoff team he'll lose his job.

nyr1980
11-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Torts has had success here. 2 playoff births and one near miss in 2 plus seasons with a young and under talented teams is as much success as any of us could have hoped for this far in all reality.

They do need to take the next step though, and Torts has said all along that this is a process, the organization has been doing it the right way and the time for that next step is now.

I agree also that he'll get the axe if they don't perform, but I don't see any reason now as to why he won't.

nyr1980
11-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Please if i have to watch one more f in game with richards on the boyle prust line .. Or richards on every other line im going to buy seats right behind torts and let him have it .. You sign a number one center to play on the first line and not with scrubs .. I been a ranger fan back further than the kelly kiso era .. and not one coach has done this crap since tom renney ... And this defense mentality first ..stand around and make sure you cover your zone has to stop too .. Skate and play hockey .. what happened to the ranger team that works real hard and never stops skateing ..

My conclusion its not the team its the coach and dubinsky reminds me of gomez lets skate the puck all over the place and then bobble it last minute or make a crummy pass into someones skates ... Bring some kids up with speed and passion .. heres what i would do without a trade as far as defense they are fine for now ..

stephan- richards-gaborik <<< DONT TOUCH THIS LINE TORTS YOU F ****

avery-dubinsky-callahan<<<<< duby plays better with avery

zuccarello-anismov- bourque <<<<< energy line

fedetenko-boyle-prust <<<< replace feds as soon rupp comes back

at this point you might as well call up redden and ask him to play forward .. we need a trade we have 4 good players that can score on a consistent basis cally ,richards, gabs and stephan that does not cut it in this league .. so let me be torts and juggle the only few good players i got instead of keeping them together so they can play and mesh .. what a f-**** FIRE HIM!!

It's absurd to say that Torts needs to go. Whether or not they're playing great hockey, they are winning hockey games. And there are 3 quarters of the season left and an all-star defenseman on the shelf. Relax.

fingerbang
11-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Torts has had success here. 2 playoff births and one near miss in 2 plus seasons with a young and under talented teams is as much success as any of us could have hoped for this far in all reality.

They do need to take the next step though, and Torts has said all along that this is a process, the organization has been doing it the right way and the time for that next step is now.

I agree also that he'll get the axe if they don't perform, but I don't see any reason now as to why he won't.

I wouldn't really call his tenure to this point a sucess. 16 teams make the playoffs. We've been pretty mediocre under Torts. We're like an 8-8 nfl team.

kmo429
11-26-2011, 12:11 AM
The Islanders will take him lol

nyr1980
11-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Still a work in progress for sure. But like I mentioned, getting this team to the playoffs with the youth and lack of talent two out of three years is something.

And even while the format is different, 8-8 teams don't typically make the postseason in the NFL. 9-7 like is probably a better description. Though they've been pretty middle of the road either way, so I see your point.

I've always been a fan of Torts. I like the fact that he's demanding, that his teams are among the best conditioned in the league, and they are willing to pay the price to win. In what is IMO a good system, you give him enough talent and depth, and he'll win.

nyr1980
11-26-2011, 12:18 AM

The Islanders are still kicking themselves for letting Laviolette go.

fingerbang
11-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Still a work in progress for sure. But like I mentioned, getting this team to the playoffs with the youth and lack of talent two out of three years is something.

And even while the format is different, 8-8 teams don't typically make the postseason in the NFL. 9-7 like is probably a better description. Though they've been pretty middle of the road either way, so I see your point.

I've always been a fan of Torts. I like the fact that he's demanding, that his teams are among the best conditioned in the league, and they are willing to pay the price to win. In what is IMO a good system, you give him enough talent and depth, and he'll win.

That's my point. You don't actually have to be good to make the playoffs in the nhl. Mediocre gets you in.

fingerbang
11-26-2011, 12:47 AM

You should have bylsma coaching chara and luongo right now.

thegame248
11-26-2011, 03:33 AM
The fans in the blues have always had a hard time letting go of players who act like morons and entertain them. They loved Domi. They loved Orr. They loved Fotiu. They love Avery. They even liked Hollweg.

All of your posts make me disgusted to have to call you a fellow Rangers fan. You talk **** about people who cant afford to sit in the lower sections for no reason. Add to that the fact that your talking **** about Fotiu, one of the most beloved Rangers of all times shows how little you know about hockey and how much of a dipshit you are. Also the fact that you signed up on this site with the specific name of averymustgo shows what your agenda is and that none of your posts should be taken seriously by anyone because all you're going to talk about is your hatred for Avery.

averymustgo
11-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Fans in the blues should drink less and watch more. It was obvious this team outgrew Avery over a year ago. They can't accept that. There probably isn't a team in the league that would take Avery on it. Mostly now, because he's not productive. When you add Lundqvist, Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto, McDonagh, Sauer, Erixon, Stepan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Cally, Gaborik, Richards, Prust, ect..... You don't need to play the Sean Avery's of the world any longer.

Unless you're completely stupid on the sport, you saw last night that a player like Hagelin is so much more talented and smarter than a Sean Avery. Hagelin is what the team should be playing.

Isca92
11-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I love how people say Avery is a cancer in the locker room and have no clue what its like in there at all. Even though all the guys said it just feels right with Sean in there. Hes that much of a cancer that he is business partners with Hank. Obviously Richards likes him or he wouldnt have gone on summer vaction together before he signed with the team. But yeah hes a cancer to the locker room. Anyone who brings up that other guys actually fight need to realize there are fighters/enforcers and there are agitators and if you think Avery is a fighter then you need to learn the game.

averymustgo
11-26-2011, 06:08 PM
You need to go back to school and learn to read. What people said was that this team has outgrown Avery. The Rangers don't need role players like Avery. What they need are a couple more guys like Prust and Hagelin.

Isca92
11-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Obviously you havent been on this board for awhile otherwise youd know that these are the things that are said by the people who want guys Avery off the team. Avery serves moer of a purpose then EC or Wolski. If Hagelin looked ready at camp he would have made the team. Obviously he didn't and while hes played well for 20 minutes of ice time, lets see if that sticks or if that is the game he brings for the next 62.

nyr1980
11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Avery is a nice piece to have around as an 8-12 minute a night guy, which is all he is on any team. He's not going to dress for all 82 no matter whose sweater he's wearing and his ice time is going to depend on how he's going. If he's going well and scoring a bit, he'll have nights where he plays 15-16 mins, maybe more. When he's ok, not going great but contributing something, he'll get 10-13. And when he's taking stupid penalties and crossing the line, he'll get 2-3 shifts a period or watch from the press box. Torts has shown that Avery is definitely a guy who is bottom third to quarter on the depth chart as far as the forwards and he won't run him out there if he's not contributing or he's a detriment.

Either way, he's gone in July.

BranWingss
11-27-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm not going to read every post in here, but I have read a few. Avery is a quality NHL fourth liner. I love watching him play. In Detroit, nearly 10 years ago, he was crap. He actually hurt the team, and was very immature. I've had a chance to see tons of games with him for the Rangers, and he's certainly has matured.

The Avery haters are amongst the dumbest NHL fans. They say this guy hurts the sport, and is overall dirty. The majority of the players wouldn't have been suspended for that comment a few years back in Dallas. He isn't dirty.

He's capable of 12/16 for about 25-30 points a year. He can play on line 2, 3, or 4. I like him a lot on the 3rd. He can skate, hit, and actually put the puck in the back of the net. His shot is not bad at all. Quality guy. Should be in the line-up every single night.

averymustgo
11-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks for your opinion but you're lost. Avery 3 years ago was needed on the Rangers. Now, he's not. The Rangers have drafted incredibly well the past 7-8 years. They don't need the Avery's of the world. Hagelin is a perfect example why. Also, Avery is not nearly as valuable to this team as Wolski is. The Rangers need Wolski to come back in the worst way and score 20 goals. People seem to forget that Wolskli was one of the few Rangers who played well in the playoffs last year.

Another classic example of the drunk fans sitting in the blues took place vs. the Flyers. Avery who basically did nothing the entire game gets in a shoving match and the drunks in the blues chant his name.

Ughhhhhh....... Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Hagelin played 10 times better than Avery and no fans in the blues chanted his name. I give you Rangers fans.

nyr1980
11-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I can't believe we are all wasting this much ink on a guy who is averaging less than 8 mins a night (while two other forwards who projected in front of him on the depth chart are hurt in Wolski and Rupp), started the season in Hartford, and who has yet to play 12 mins in a single game.

Avery is not someone who should be focused on this much.

He's a spare part.

thegame248
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks for your opinion but you're lost. Avery 3 years ago was needed on the Rangers. Now, he's not. The Rangers have drafted incredibly well the past 7-8 years. They don't need the Avery's of the world. Hagelin is a perfect example why. Also, Avery is not nearly as valuable to this team as Wolski is. The Rangers need Wolski to come back in the worst way and score 20 goals. People seem to forget that Wolskli was one of the few Rangers who played well in the playoffs last year.

Another classic example of the drunk fans sitting in the blues took place vs. the Flyers. Avery who basically did nothing the entire game gets in a shoving match and the drunks in the blues chant his name.

Ughhhhhh....... Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Hagelin played 10 times better than Avery and no fans in the blues chanted his name. I give you Rangers fans.

Averymustgo let me introduce you to liltedspop. Liltedspop, this is averymustgo. I think you two will like eachother because you both have nothing better to talk about except your hatred for 2 of our popular players. Have fun!!!

averymustgo
11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I can't believe we are all wasting this much ink on a guy who is averaging less than 8 mins a night (while two other forwards who projected in front of him on the depth chart are hurt in Wolski and Rupp), started the season in Hartford, and who has yet to play 12 mins in a single game.

Avery is not someone who should be focused on this much.

He's a spare part.

You're 100% correct. Sadly, thousands and thousands of Rangers fans can't grasp exactly that. He's a spare part that isn't needed.

fingerbang
11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
You're 100% correct. Sadly, thousands and thousands of Rangers fans can't grasp exactly that. He's a spare part that isn't needed.

Ironically, you must think he's important enough to talk about considering your name is averymustgo. I can appreciate a good troll.

averymustgo
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM
It's not trolling. It's called educating the morons in our fan base who STILL don't get it.

nyr1980
11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Ironically, you must think he's important enough to talk about considering your name is averymustgo. I can appreciate a good troll.

Thank you. I can't understand why anyone puts emphasis or attention on Avery beyond the most slight of degrees. He's basically the 13th or 14th forward on the roster- so low on the depth chart and of low repute to Torts that, as a 10-year veteran, he started the season playing in the American league. And despite that, the fact that anyone sees him as such an obstacle or is calling for him to get a bus ticket out of town is absurd.

I'm not the hugest fan of Avery, but I will certainly acknowledge the fact that when his game is going well, he is a nice player to have on your roster. Even with that though, he's gonna see very little minutes in 90% of his games, so who cares. Winning and losing is seldom going to be heavily influenced by Sean Avery, or for that matter, any 8 min. a night forward.

Let it go on Avery.

You want to talk about something wrong with this team right now?

Talk about Brandon Dubinsky and the fact that he has just 1 goal and leads the team (and is top-10 in the league right now) in penalty minutes. That is a point of concern at the quarter-pole.

thegame248
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
It's not trolling. It's called educating the morons in our fan base who STILL don't get it.

You're the one who doesn't get. Constantly yelling about players you don't like or saying Fire Torts gets old real quick. What, exactly, have you contributed to this board except saying you hate Avery and Torts must go?? I'm pretty sure the people in this forum come here because they like the way it is. For you to come in here, tells us we're all idiots, say this forum is boring and pretty much be rude is highly obnoxious on your part. The people who have been here for a few years all get along with each other and have respect for each others opinions, even if they disagree with it.

averymustgo
11-29-2011, 04:31 AM
The anti Torts posters are the same who still support that clueless buffoon Tom Renney. The guy who knows only one way to win a hockey game. Try to win 1-0 or 2-1 and hope your goalie stands on his head.

With the Oilers having so many high draft picks, he has a few players who are overcoming his stupidity as a head coach. However, he's already well on his way to ruining Paajarvi and Gagne.