PDA

View Full Version : Rookies

alexander_37
11-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Saw a graphic during the game that said Richard Sherman had the 6th best completion rate against him the rookie is playing great. Baldwin is a super polished route runner and creates great seperation which is what Tate lacks despite having less straight line speed. K.J booted Curry out of the city as well as Carpenter and Moffit really gelling before they got injured.

Best Seattle draft ever?

shen
11-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Way better than I anticipated but you can't count Baldwin because he was no drafted.

alexander_37
11-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Which makes him even more impressive

shen
11-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I am always dumbfounded as to why so many 6th and 7th rounders never sniff the field but undrafted players can end up being very important.

NateyB24
11-24-2011, 01:17 AM
I am always dumbfounded as to why so many 6th and 7th rounders never sniff the field but undrafted players can end up being very important.

Well maybe they get on the field and the undrafted guy looks alot better.

FWBrodie
11-24-2011, 01:18 AM
5 rookie starters. 6 if you count Browner.

shen
11-24-2011, 02:05 AM
I heard somewhere that soon as teams could invite UDFA that something like a dozen or half dozen teams were "aggressively" bidding for Baldwin. I am just curious how teams can be so quick to go after a guy for more money then if they drafted him.

Seattle4Ever
11-24-2011, 02:25 AM
KJ "booted Curry out of the city." LOL. No. Curry played himself out, and KJ played well enough to start. He's most likely a stopgap starter.

NateyB24
11-24-2011, 02:47 AM
KJ "booted Curry out of the city." LOL. No. Curry played himself out, and KJ played well enough to start. He's most likely a stopgap starter.

Maybe they did see something in KJ Wright at practice and in games but maybe your right and they said "This guy can't be much worse then Curry lets try him out" lol.

Whatever the case may be you can definitely see a difference he has instincts.

House
11-24-2011, 03:04 AM
I know this year produced 5 starters and last year produced 4 (Okung, Thomas, Chancellor and you could count Thurmond).

BEST 2 years I have seen this team turn EVER!!!

T-Rich23
11-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Saw a graphic during the game that said Richard Sherman had the 6th best completion rate against him the rookie is playing great. Baldwin is a super polished route runner and creates great seperation which is what Tate lacks despite having less straight line speed. K.J booted Curry out of the city as well as Carpenter and Moffit really gelling before they got injured.

Best Seattle draft ever?

During last weeks game it actually said Sherman had the 3rd best completion % agaisnt him in the league...
:)

NateyB24
11-24-2011, 01:26 PM
I heard somewhere that soon as teams could invite UDFA that something like a dozen or half dozen teams were "aggressively" bidding for Baldwin. I am just curious how teams can be so quick to go after a guy for more money then if they drafted him.

When you pick a guy with a pick you own him and no other team can bid on him thats probably why.

alexander_37
11-24-2011, 01:30 PM

Best Seattle draft ever?

During last weeks game it actually said Sherman had the 3rd best completion % agaisnt him in the league...
:)

True thanks for the correction my bad.

ElFuturoDeESPN
11-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Can't forget Durham and his awesome hands.

It'll be the best draft until '12 when we inevitably miss out on Luck and Barkley and snag Vontaze Burfict just outside the top ten (MAD character issues). But as ya'all know Pete loves him some Pac-12 young'ns.

Seattle4Ever
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
I like Burfict a lot.

NateyB24
11-30-2011, 01:49 AM
I hope we stay away from Burfict he reminds me so much of Curry.

Seattle4Ever
11-30-2011, 02:24 AM
He is sort of a one year wonder like Curry, to a lesser extent. Worse attitude. He'll be better, but we should probably stay away.

Then again, with the new rookie salary CBA, we could go for him.

alexander_37
11-30-2011, 10:50 AM
I hope we stay away from Burfict he reminds me so much of Curry.

Apparently Curry is doing well in Oakland. :shrug:

shen
11-30-2011, 09:29 PM
No he's not. He been **** for them but has 1 decent play a game and for some reason that is all there fans seem to notice. Not the dozen or so plays he lets go from no gain to least 5 yards.

NateyB24
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
No he's not. He been **** for them but has 1 decent play a game and for some reason that is all there fans seem to notice. Not the dozen or so plays he lets go from no gain to least 5 yards.

That and also not facing Jay Cutler really helped in the last game.

Seattle4Ever
11-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah Curry still sucks, lol.

SEAbeliever
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Curry doesn't suck. Curry will get better. He just didn't play up to his draft ranking. He is still a monster at times. I believe that he didn't fit our defense's style, so in the end, he had to go because he just wouldn't fit. That isn't to say he wasn't a good LB. He is a good LB, and a solid football player. He just needs to work on his consistency, and Oakland will benefit from it. I still hope he does well. That said, GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Burleson81
12-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Apparently Curry is doing well in Oakland. :shrug:

Apparently so.