PDA

View Full Version : Udoh Signs With Bnei Hasharon (Israel), Lin Close Signing In Italy

killaT
11-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Warriors guard and Bay Area native Jeremy Lin appeared on Chronicle Live Monday and told Comcast SportsNet's Dave Benz that his deal to play basketball in Italy is not finalized.

Earlier Monday, Lin's agent Roger Montgomery said that his client was in the "final stages" of signing with an Italian team that he would not reveal.

“Jeremy is a young player who needs to play,” Montgomery said. “He’s not a veteran guy who can afford to sit around during the lockout. He needs game competition.”

On Chronicle Live, Lin told Benz that the deal "is not set in stone yet."

"I'll be making a decision soon," Lin said. "We're just going to evaluate the situation and go from there."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball-golden-state-warriors/news/Ws-Lin-Italy-deal-not-set-in-stone?blockID=598608&feedID=2799

Ok, I know this is not finalized or official, but good choice by Jeremy. Glad to see that atleast has his options open. I hope he goes, he needs the work and his agent made a very great point that hes young and most importantly.. he needs to stay in shape. Why would Lin wait out this lockout with a bunch of greedy *** players and owners? The players just want their money, they dont care about their fans. If im Lin, theres no doubt im signing overseas. Reggie, Acie, and now Jeremy will be the next Warrior to go! We may be starting a trend here, which Warrior will bolt for overseas next??? #ENDTHELOCKOUT

Link has Jeremy Lin interview

MackShock
11-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Always quote the article, and provide a link. The Udoh story should be a separate thread, or you should add both articles and name the title accordingly.

MackShock
11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
It appears as if Warriors’ forward Ekpe Udoh and guard Jeremy Lin will be heading overseas.

According to a report out of Tel Aviv, Udoh has signed with Bnei Hasharon in Israel for the duration of the lockout. As for Lin, his agent said Monday that his client is poised to sign in Italy later this week.

The 24-year-old Udoh is the third NBA veteran to sign with the team during the lockout. Udoh averaged 4.1 points and 3.1 rebounds per game last season for the Warriors as a rookie.

The news about Udoh first emerged on Twitter from writer David Pick with Eurobasket.com. That report indicated Udoh is expected to land in Israel Tuesday and will take part in Bnei’s Sunday night game.

Udoh’s former Baylor teammates LaceDarius Dunn and Tweety Carter are also members of the team. Bnie Hasharon is 1-4 in the Israeli Basketball Super League.

Previously Bnei Hasharon agreed to terms with Trevor Booker and J.J. Hickson, but each has since left and returned to the United States.

Roger Montgomery, Lin’s agent, said his client was in the “final stages” of signing with a team in Italy but didn’t want to divulge the team at this time in case things fall through.

“Jeremy is a young player who needs to play,” Montgomery said. “He’s not a veteran guy who can afford to sit around during the lockout. He needs game competition.”

Both Udoh and Lin have opt-out clauses and will return to the United States if the NBA lockout is settled.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Udoh-to-Israel-Lin-to-Italy?blockID=598194&feedID=2799

I've added both because the first one has a video

MackShock
11-23-2011, 08:00 AM
That being said, good for him. He has to play and he realizes that. Italy will be a good experience..they may hate on him because he's Asian.

Until this is finalized, it's pure speculation. Whatever happened to Kobe playing in Italy?

My point exactly.

Udoh is a young player too who will learn alot playing overseas...good :)

likemystylez
11-25-2011, 11:50 AM
That being said, good for him. He has to play and he realizes that. Italy will be a good experience..they may hate on him because he's Asian.

Until this is finalized, it's pure speculation. Whatever happened to Kobe playing in Italy?

My point exactly.

Udoh is a young player too who will learn alot playing overseas...good :)

I heard Kobe Bryant hired Billy Hunter to negotiate his contract in Italy. :D

Lloyd Christmas
11-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Stay safe Udoh