PDA

View Full Version : Why Yao Should Be In The HOF

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm sure we here have all read The Onion before, but this one is classic.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/nation-to-always-remember-yao-mings-22point-8rebou,20934/

sep11ie
11-22-2011, 06:06 PM
That was actually one of the worst Onion articals I've ever seen done.

Hellcrooner
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM
i wonder if they would be making fun of him if his name was robert stevenson from sioux falls.

John Walls Era
11-22-2011, 06:10 PM
It wasn't even funny. That was a terrible article.

Chronz
11-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Mildly amusing, a low blow portait of mediocrity when in reality he was the games most dominant center on both ends.

sep11ie
11-22-2011, 06:41 PM
IMO it shows he put up good numbers even in "off games".

sep11ie
11-22-2011, 06:42 PM
i wonder if they would be making fun of him if his name was robert stevenson from sioux falls.

Must be another one of the 100,000 Croonspiracies.

Da Knicks
11-22-2011, 07:06 PM
not funny

KnicksorBust
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
I actually thought it was funny. I like that kind of humor though.

“The way he awkwardly dunked with one hand so that it almost looked like he couldn’t jump high enough to dunk a basketball gave me chills,” Houston resident Gary Udall said of the 7-foot-6 Yao. “And, you have to think of the context, too. A regular season game in March with nothing on the line against the fifth-place Bucks? That’s when Yao really came into his own.”

smith&wesson
11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
i feel bad for the guy.

Hellcrooner
11-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Must be another one of the 100,000 Croonspiracies.

no, to be a conspirancy it has to be something hidden.

there is nothing hidden about Usa writers being biased against foreigners.
Just check Dirks place in the top 500 list of espn THE YEAR HE LED HIS TEAM TO A RING

lavilevi23
11-23-2011, 12:58 PM
no, to be a conspirancy it has to be something hidden.

there is nothing hidden about Usa writers being biased against foreigners.
Just check Dirks place in the top 500 list of espn THE YEAR HE LED HIS TEAM TO A RING

He's like 5th place... Whats wrong with that? U think he should be higher than Howard,Wade,LeBron or Paul? Personally I'd take Durant Kobe and Rose over him too...

spreadeagle
11-23-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm sure we here have all read The Onion before, but this one is classic.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/nation-to-always-remember-yao-mings-22point-8rebou,20934/

cmon bro everyone knows my city Hamilton is the armpit of Ontario..while you trying to steal our shine

JasonJohnHorn
11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
cmon bro everyone knows my city Hamilton is the armpit of Ontario..while you trying to steal our shine

lol

Windsor has the highest cancer rate in the country, and you guys are at least a short drive away from a real city (Toronto) so you have a distinct advantage over Windsor. And our unemployment rate? Forget about! And if we want to go to a decent art gallery we either have to enter a different country, or drive four hours to Toronto. We don't even have a venue large enough to get half-way decent bands to play in our city. I think Hamilton is head-and-shoulders above Windsor ;-)

mightybosstone
11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/cleveland-pathetically-celebrates-greatest-sports,20819/

This one was linked at the bottom of the article and is much funnier...

Sly Guy
11-23-2011, 02:35 PM
I'll say this:

he's no yi jianlian!

spreadeagle
11-23-2011, 02:43 PM
lol

Windsor has the highest cancer rate in the country, and you guys are at least a short drive away from a real city (Toronto) so you have a distinct advantage over Windsor. And our unemployment rate? Forget about! And if we want to go to a decent art gallery we either have to enter a different country, or drive four hours to Toronto. We don't even have a venue large enough to get half-way decent bands to play in our city. I think Hamilton is head-and-shoulders above Windsor ;-)

its true being 45 mins away from Toronto and the Falls makes this city tolerable....you should come here for Art and Super crawls on James North huge art festivals once a month and a "supercrawl" once a year with tons of bands and art shows for free