PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith's knee injury is NOT serious

zizo
11-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Good to hear.. Was hoping it wasn't serious

Finally, we can all stop holding our breath! An actual doctor–not Smith’s dad–has looked at JR’s knee and come forward with some results; postive results! The nasty-looking knee injury Smith suffered in his CBA debut will not keep him on the shelf for long. My online translator didn’t do a perfect job, but I’ve gathered from this Sina Sports article that JR will be just fine. From the translated version…

After knowing this result, JR Smith also indicated during the interview: “I felt that now was much better, doctor told me, my injury is not very serious, I felt that I…can restore very quickly… Then I will return to Zhejiang immediately with the team…, I hope that will continue to [play] this season for Zhejiang.”

Like I said, hardly a clean translation. It’s good enough to get the key points across, though! JR’s fine and he’ll be heading back to Zhejiang to join his team immediately. According to the same article, it is not yet known whether or not JR will play in Zhejiang’s next game, which tips off in approximately six hours. I’ll be watching the game live, so I’ll let you know ASAP.

http://nba247365.com/?p=3176

king4day
11-22-2011, 10:32 AM
He's very lucky. I wonder if he takes it easy the rest of the way.

zizo
11-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Video of JR Smith returning from injury to drop 15 points (CBA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIV7WvjgIC8

He looked pretty good considering most people thought his season was over less than 24 hours ago. He still has issues with his team due to his decision to see a doctor in Beijing rather than their own doctors, but for now he's back shootin' threes in China.

Game recap
http://nba247365.com/?p=3183

Oefarmy2005
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
It's funny that the players are looking for a settlement. The owners should say: "Sure. Players get 47% BRI and a hard cap." LOL! What a bunch of idiots. This is going to the courts, because the owners have nothing to loose and everything to gain at this point. The players have 0.00001% chance. "So you are saying there is chance?"

beasted86
11-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Good to see him back on the court. Who was that other guy playing for the team in black?

It kinda looked like Mike Taylor who used to play for the Clippers from the short video.

smith&wesson
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
so how much is he getting paid in china ? is it more then what he would have got paid had the players took the deal ??

what i dont get is why the players are willing to go else where to play for less money ??

gwrighter
11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
so how much is he getting paid in china ? is it more then what he would have got paid had the players took the deal ??

what i dont get is why the players are willing to go else where to play for less money ??

They are sacrificing present money for future money. But I don't think they are going to get more future money than they are sacrificing present money. This is why I think the NBAPA is dumb for what they are doing as a collective.

JordansBulls
11-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Good news

lakers4sho
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Good news, indeed.

Hellcrooner
11-23-2011, 04:45 PM

He is making 3 million in china.

The proposed by owners Mle is 3,5 ( non lt team) or 2,5 Million ( lt team).

So, he is getting more or less the SAME he would be getting .