PDA

View Full Version : Former union chief speaks

Shmontaine
11-21-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/nov/21/nba-players-urged-to-negotiate/

Perhaps no one was more stunned than Charles Grantham by the players union's decision to disband. Grantham was the union chief for seven years until 1995 and questions the players' strategy.

"Quite frankly, I've always taken a position that I thought the job of the union was to keep the players working, and that the amount of loss that would be represented here would be astronomical for those that play and the people who work in the system," Grantham told the Washington Post. "I think at a certain point, it became emotional and it kind of got off the track, while they were close to a deal. They should've made one."

Grantham ultimately issued this warning: "Don't confuse resolve with good judgment."

ink
11-21-2011, 03:00 PM
"Charles Grantham, former NBPA chief: Don't confuse resolve with good judgment."

I want to use that as a sig quote. :clap:

Shmontaine
11-21-2011, 03:23 PM
the job of the union was to keep the players working, and that the amount of loss that would be represented here would be astronomical for those that play and the people who work in the system

this is exactly why the union has failed the players IMO...