PDA

View Full Version : The Official Kentucky Basketball Thread

Patriotsfan97
11-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Submit any thoughts, news, questions, and concerns here about the greatest basketball tradition in basketball, the university of Kentucky.

BradyIsTheMan12
11-20-2011, 08:38 PM
How's Kyle Wiltjer doing? Damn Calipari snaking our Oregonian studs....helps to have Kenny Payne on the staff I suppose...

Corey
11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Strong first post.

the greatest basketball tradition in basketball, the university of Kentucky.

CityofTreez
11-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Calipari's newest recruits just get better and better. Teague looks young, and raw right now, but by the end of the season, he'll be one of the best guards in the nation. Not to mention, it doesn't hurt having Lamb and Jones on the court as well.

My favorites to win it all.

Patriotsfan97
11-21-2011, 05:12 PM
How's Kyle Wiltjer doing? Damn Calipari snaking our Oregonian studs....helps to have Kenny Payne on the staff I suppose...

Hahaha wiltjer's actually doing pretty great. 19 points on saturday against penn state. Didn't read what his star line was against old dominion. We stole terrence jones from Oregon too hahaha

Patriotsfan97
11-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Calipari's newest recruits just get better and better. Teague looks young, and raw right now, but by the end of the season, he'll be one of the best guards in the nation. Not to mention, it doesn't hurt having Lamb and Jones on the court as well.

My favorites to win it all.
That's what I was thinking. I think jones will be 1st team all American, davis being 2nd team. The rest of our team could potentially be all Americans haha. I'm very impressed with Kidd-gilchrist and his work ethic, defense, and freight train ability to get to the basket. Once we get towards the mid-end season, I think the chemistry, maturity, and ability swill be at a max and I don't know who could come close to stopping us. December 3 is going to be where it really counts against talent, and I think whoever pulls out the win with UNC vs. uk may very well be your NCAA champions.

Patriotsfan97
11-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Strong first post.

the greatest basketball tradition in basketball, the university of Kentucky.
Haha thanks. Id like to think so myself... It's pretty nice with the celtics not being on, having uk basketball to fall back on with the stupid lockout.

BradyIsTheMan12
11-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Hahaha wiltjer's actually doing pretty great. 19 points on saturday against penn state. Didn't read what his star line was against old dominion. We stole terrence jones from Oregon too hahaha

Yeah, I think those days of stealing Oregon studs won't be as easy moving forward. Ernie Kent was mediocre as hell, and Altman is turning us around. And yeah, T-Jones is a stud obviously. Not getting either him or Ross really burned us, but that was due to Ernie...

Happy to hear that Wiltjer is doing well, even if it is for Kentucky.

Patriotsfan97
11-24-2011, 01:36 PM

Yeah, I think those days of stealing Oregon studs won't be as easy moving forward. Ernie Kent was mediocre as hell, and Altman is turning us around. And yeah, T-Jones is a stud obviously. Not getting either him or Ross really burned us, but that was due to Ernie...

Happy to hear that Wiltjer is doing well, even if it is for Kentucky.

Yeah we were so lucky to get jones away from Ross. They were best friends and were almost set on being a package deal and were until jones decommitted that night and came to ky. I didn't realize how high wiltjer was on Oregon until he came here. I guess you and wAshington have to be mad at us... We took enes kanter from washington, and even though he was ruled ineligible , it still stung Washington. But yeah wiltjers one of my favorite players, very old school type player. Fun to watch

BradyIsTheMan12
11-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Yeah we were so lucky to get jones away from Ross. They were best friends and were almost set on being a package deal and were until jones decommitted that night and came to ky. I didn't realize how high wiltjer was on Oregon until he came here. I guess you and wAshington have to be mad at us... We took enes kanter from washington, and even though he was ruled ineligible , it still stung Washington. But yeah wiltjers one of my favorite players, very old school type player. Fun to watch

Nah, I'm not mad. With our program in a major transition period it was unlikely that we would get those guys, so at least they all didn't go to Washington(Ross went to UW and is a very good player) or another Pac-10/12 school.

jacquewho?
12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Hoo hoo hoo HOOSIERS!

Corey
12-10-2011, 09:40 PM
That loss goes on Terrence Jones. He looked like an absolute scrub today.

iu92grad
12-11-2011, 12:48 AM
GO BIG RED! I'll take 4-year student athletes over one and doners any day!

carolinaraider
12-16-2011, 01:22 AM
^ I just wish other players felt the same way.

WildcatsPride
12-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Can't wait till the 31st, we're going to run Louisville out of Rupp Arena.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Anthony Davis played like a monster today for you guys.

WildcatsPride
01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I give Arkansas Little Rock props, they hung in there with us for awhile. Ultimately though, we were just too much for them.

WildcatsPride
01-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that Duke lost to Temple? Living in Kentucky, I know people who hate the Wildcats, they don't like any team in KY. I know alot of Duke fans here in KY, and they gave me a lot of crap about UK losing to Indiana b/c IU at the time was unranked. Fast foward and Duke loses to unranked Temple. Oh the irony lol.

WildcatsPride
02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I knew Kentucky could beat Florida, but I wasn't expecting a 20 point victory. Florida shouldn't have relied so heavily on the 3 since they weren't hitting them. Anyways, go Wildcats!!! Keep on winning.

Catfish1314
02-10-2012, 07:26 PM
I knew Kentucky could beat Florida, but I wasn't expecting a 20 point victory. Florida shouldn't have relied so heavily on the 3 since they weren't hitting them. Anyways, go Wildcats!!! Keep on winning.

:laugh2: sadly it's all we have

I think we could have survived a horrible shooting night or at least made it worth watching if we had decided to play defense. Kentucky always kills us from outside. I read a stat the other day they're like 29-55 shooting threes against Florida dating back to 2009 or 2010. We can't defend the three against them for some reason.

The game will be more competitive at the O'Connell Center but you guys should still win. With the talent UK has this year, it's a choke job if they don't get to the Final Four.

Corey
02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Kentucky is having an open practice televised on ESPNU at 3 if you guys are interested

metsfaninSTL
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
i hope they lose tonight also

Buckwheat
02-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Unreal comeback.

This team can't be stopped. I usually don't say that, but this is really impressive.