PDA

View Full Version : Obama Classic

KB24Mamba
11-19-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/msn/obama_classic_basketball_game_pulls_in_major_nba_t alent/8190274/

but no Bulls playing, thats unheard of from Obama!

Cal827
11-19-2011, 07:54 PM
No Lebron James? lol He still mad from the last ECF :D

Sounds pretty cool... surprised no Lebron, Kobe, Rose though or Jordan for that matter... but he probably would have to deal with each player trying to dunk on and hard foul him.

ManningToTyree
11-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I wonder if Ewing and Reggie Miller will be on the same team :D

Hawkeye15
11-19-2011, 08:47 PM
lol, he is using for his campaign, are you ****ing kidding me?

Pathetic, sorry.

pistonsfanomg
11-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm not voting for this guy in 2012.

PhillyLuver
11-19-2011, 08:55 PM
cheryl vs reggie miller!

NBA_Starter
11-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Terrible

pistonsfanomg
11-19-2011, 09:06 PM
On the contrary I may actually buy tickets

I wonder where they will play lol

DChibes
11-19-2011, 09:10 PM

lol i dont think anyone is...hes done nothing but shoot one hundred free throws each morning...and he settles foreign affairs with a game of H.O.R.S.E.:facepalm:

Mudvayne91
11-19-2011, 09:13 PM
:cry:

jrice9
11-19-2011, 09:20 PM

Pathetic, sorry.
I dont really see whats the problem.

If the players are supporters why not support him by helping to raise money through a game.

Tyler Hansbourugh was the weirdest supporter imo btw

5ass
11-19-2011, 09:22 PM

Pathetic, sorry.

exactly my reaction when i read about it.. you would think all profit goes to charity, but this guy wants people to pay ****ing $100-5000 for tickets that will later go to advertising himself. "YES WE CAN", take advantage of dumb people like every other president.. ***** never gonna "CHANGE", u can believe in that..

Hustlenomics
11-19-2011, 09:48 PM
you guys are really crying over this? lmao

More-Than-Most
11-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Good stuff...Further put more Americans in Debt.

jrice9
11-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Good stuff...Further put more Americans in Debt.
This is an economic thing but consumption spending is exactly what we need right now

5ass
11-19-2011, 10:06 PM
you guys are really crying over this? lmao

ur right, that idiot has done much worse things

Hustlenomics
11-19-2011, 10:12 PM
an idiot that graduated from Harvard. you learn something new every day i guess

Netslunatic76
11-19-2011, 10:16 PM

Pathetic, sorry.

I kinda agree. Lol. I thought it would go to charity, but it's pretty smart.

5ass
11-19-2011, 10:28 PM

when it comes to handling being essentially the world's most powerful person he doesnt do a good job, i could care less if he graduated from harvard or some crap university.. he might not be an idiot, but you dont go around making promises u cant keep, it makes him look like some1 who brags about **** he's never done.. it makes him look like an idiot
btw george bush went to harvard, but..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKkQx_dTC4

obama fooled the US citizens, but this time they won't get fooled again LMAO

AndyfromNeptune
11-19-2011, 10:28 PM
This is an economic thing but consumption spending is exactly what we need right now

Consumer spending that is directed towards a campaign does not facilitate as much economic growth as regular consumer spending towards businesses.

AndyfromNeptune
11-19-2011, 10:29 PM
And I think this is a great idea for Obama supporters. Rather than directly donate money, at least they getting a great opportunity to see NBA players as some type of product for their money.

A pretty unique idea if you ask me.

AndyfromNeptune
11-19-2011, 10:33 PM

For me, as a moderate Republican, it really depends on the candidate they put out. A conservative Republican will make a lot of cuts to education and Medicare/Social Security while a more moderate Republican will make some cuts but also remove a lot of regulations and taxes to promote economic growth for all economic classes.

Obama will definitely spur the economy with his Keynesian Economics Model, but I am afriad that our deficit will hinder our growth unless he urges Democrats to make the neccessary cuts to military spending and Medicare.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2011, 10:43 PM

from entitlement loans and grants. Good job dude.

rickshaw
11-19-2011, 10:43 PM

Have you seen the republican field?

Hawkeye15
11-19-2011, 10:44 PM

Sure it is. How is this consumption spending though? Its funding Obama's campaign, which does absolutely zip for our economy.

jrice9
11-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Sure it is. How is this consumption spending though? Its funding Obama's campaign, which does absolutely zip for our economy.
Actually the people working at the event (arena managers etc) will be hired, food at the game will be purchased etc. Money raised for the campaign will be used to purcahse things/hire people/create wealth.

Consumption spending definitely applies to events/political campaign donations and the multiplier effect will occur.

Is it the best form of consumption spending for the economy? I doubt it, but its better than many alternatives.

jrice9
11-19-2011, 10:55 PM
from entitlement loans and grants. Good job dude.
Getting government loans and grants for poor as well as well deserving people to attend elite universities is a bad thing now?

There is plenty to criticize but the fact that Obama was less wealthy growing up is not one of them.

He paid back all government loans and the grants are just that grants and accomplished their task creating powerful public citizens out of people who wouldnt have an opportunity otherwise.
Obama still had to work to get into Harvard, Harvard Law School and to be the editior of the Harvard Law Review.

Rgardless of the politics, this seems like an insane criticism

Hustlenomics
11-19-2011, 11:04 PM
when it comes to handling being essentially the world's most powerful person he doesnt do a good job, i could care less if he graduated from harvard or some crap university.. he might not be an idiot, but you dont go around making promises u cant keep, it makes him look like some1 who brags about **** he's never done.. it makes him look like an idiot

Obama has done a lot to help, i believe the idiot you are thinking about is the guy before him.. George Bush the guy who ruined the country

Sota4Ever
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Haha Obama has done a lot to help? What kind of help has he done?

Hawkeye15
11-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Actually the people working at the event (arena managers etc) will be hired, food at the game will be purchased etc. Money raised for the campaign will be used to purcahse things/hire people/create wealth.

Consumption spending definitely applies to events/political campaign donations and the multiplier effect will occur.

Is it the best form of consumption spending for the economy? I doubt it, but its better than many alternatives.

all benefits will go to his campaign, so no, there is no actual benefit to our economy. There is only benefit to Obama's campaign.

Very, very simple to understand dude.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Getting government loans and grants for poor as well as well deserving people to attend elite universities is a bad thing now?

There is plenty to criticize but the fact that Obama was less wealthy growing up is not one of them.

He paid back all government loans and the grants are just that grants and accomplished their task creating powerful public citizens out of people who wouldnt have an opportunity otherwise.
Obama still had to work to get into Harvard, Harvard Law School and to be the editior of the Harvard Law Review.

Rgardless of the politics, this seems like an insane criticism

My bad that I pointed out that he wasn't a young man who worked 3 jobs to get through college, and has lived off entitlement his entire life.

Look, not trying to turn this into a political issue. I am about as big of a non-fan of him as there is. But the obvious is, ALL PRESIDENTS ARE INTELLIGENT, you don't get that far by being stupid.

I am dropping politics. I was responding to a poster, on why Obama even had the opportunity to attend an Ivy League school, nothing more.

5ass
11-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Obama has done a lot to help, i believe the idiot you are thinking about is the guy before him.. George Bush the guy who ruined the country

in what way is the US better off than when it was during bush's reign? i know the diff. btwn the 2, the only reason i mentioned bush was because ur argument was about how obama was a harvard grad. im just saying that it means very little.

jrice9
11-19-2011, 11:30 PM
all benefits will go to his campaign, so no, there is no actual benefit to our economy. There is only benefit to Obama's campaign.

Very, very simple to understand dude.
What does the campaign do with the money pray-tell? They spend it right? That spending benefits our economy. You might disagree with their spending (TV ads, campaign literature, employees etc) since you disagree with the political message but the spending is good for the economy and it technically is consumption spending. Political campaigns are consumption spending and are good for the economy especially when demand is low.

And again are there employees running this event? What do the salaries they recieve allow them to do?

Hawkeye15
11-19-2011, 11:31 PM

from 2000-2006, the economy, stock market, unemployment rate, gas prices, and anything else that someone would consider is a strong economy, was absolutely amazing. And then the democrats won the Senate, and it went downhill.

Now, I am not attempting to pin it on the Dems, it was simply a matter of timing when you factor in Bush's spending us bankrupt, through wars, but please don't act like our current Pres has done a thing to reverse one portion of the downturn. He was given a drip, called the plumber, and its turned into the faucet pouring out money.

I don't care about this event, I won't watch it, let the players support who they like, its their choice. I simply find it pathetic that Obama is basically having a charity event for himself, using NBA players, when he could use it for anything, like maybe infusing the private sector with a couple of bucks, and donating it to the event workers, or a public institute.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2011, 11:33 PM
What does the campaign do with the money pray-tell? They spend it right? That spending benefits our economy. You might disagree with their spending (TV ads, campaign literature, employees etc) since you disagree with the political message but the spending is good for the economy and it technically is consumption spending. Political campaigns are consumption spending and are good for the economy especially when demand is low.

And again are there employees running this event? What do the salaries they recieve allow them to do?

hopefully that 10 grand turns the economy around...

Hustlenomics
11-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Haha Obama has done a lot to help? What kind of help has he done?

in what way is the US better off than when it was during bush's reign? i know the diff. btwn the 2, the only reason i mentioned bush was because ur argument was about how obama was a harvard grad. im just saying that it means very little.

he invested the most into american education, far more than any other president,protected social security and medicare from being cut in the debt ceiling debates, he got dont ask dont tell removed,doubled our exports, passed equal pay for equal work..let me know if yall are one of those people that sit on the couch and hate on this man for whatever reason so i can stop talking with yall

5ass
11-19-2011, 11:48 PM
he invested the most into american education, far more than any other president,protected social security and medicare from being cut in the debt ceiling debates, he got dont ask dont tell removed,doubled our exports, passed equal pay for equal work..let me know if yall are one of those people that sit on the couch and hate on this man for whatever reason so i can stop talking with yall

-the few good does not outweigh the bad though..
-some of ur facts are not true
-in the end a man who cant keep his word, is not a real man.
-u dont have to stop talking to me, im not gonna respond about this topic anymore, but dont label me as some1 who "sits on the couch and hates this man for whatever reason" cz i actually have reasons to hate on him + im sitting on a chair not a couch :P

Obama is Overrated

truther
11-19-2011, 11:50 PM

lol bush got accepted to harvard because he was a lagacy hes an idiot and an c average student.

jrice9
11-20-2011, 12:26 AM
hopefully that 10 grand turns the economy around...
I was merely replying to you and others who criticized this as putting people further in debt.

This consumption spending on campaign (the money in the facility as well as all the money in the campaign which is spent nearly or at 100%) helps aggregate demand.

Its definately a godo thing for the economy during this time to spend rather than save on the macrao level

lakers4sho
11-20-2011, 12:28 AM
lol maybe Obama tucks in the revenue underneath his mattress, you never know ;)

ugafan
11-20-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't care about politics but I'll be in DC so you bet I'll be there.

iggypop123
11-20-2011, 12:39 AM
this thread will be locked in 3,2,1....

Hawkeye15
11-20-2011, 12:48 AM
I was merely replying to you and others who criticized this as putting people further in debt.

This consumption spending on campaign (the money in the facility as well as all the money in the campaign which is spent nearly or at 100%) helps aggregate demand.

Its definately a godo thing for the economy during this time to spend rather than save on the macrao level

on the smallest level possible, sure, its good four our economy. But its FAR better for his campaign.

This is where I think its pathetic.

lakers4sho
11-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Any type of spending is good for the economy.

Cal827
11-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Ooh a poltiical thread, well I'm just going to say that All current Canadian Governments suck.. Each and Every one lol

Anyways, I can see why many of your are angry with this... He could have donated it to charities,but instead he's using it on himself.... sounds like a typical politician :D

kalel
11-20-2011, 01:54 AM
this just goes to help show that his first term was won mostly on race.

gwrighter
11-20-2011, 03:23 AM
from 2000-2006, the economy, stock market, unemployment rate, gas prices, and anything else that someone would consider is a strong economy, was absolutely amazing. And then the democrats won the Senate, and it went downhill.

Now, I am not attempting to pin it on the Dems, it was simply a matter of timing when you factor in Bush's spending us bankrupt, through wars, but please don't act like our current Pres has done a thing to reverse one portion of the downturn. He was given a drip, called the plumber, and its turned into the faucet pouring out money.

I don't care about this event, I won't watch it, let the players support who they like, its their choice. I simply find it pathetic that Obama is basically having a charity event for himself, using NBA players, when he could use it for anything, like maybe infusing the private sector with a couple of bucks, and donating it to the event workers, or a public institute.

Those signs were all nominal variables. No real variables were actually increasing or strong. Trade deficit, unbalanced budget, decrease in production, increase in foreign oil dependency were some of the many signs of a weak economy. These changes started decades ago so it's impossible to pin it on anybody in particular.

It's No secret in Canada that the President is a figurehead. The Prez is pretty much the liason between the consolidated power structures & the people. The Prez doesn't actually do anything. He walks around, shakes hands, signs bills & hosts bball games...public relations.

iliketurtles24
11-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Any type of spending is good for the economy.

any type of spending? huh

lakers4sho
11-20-2011, 01:57 PM
any type of spending? huh

GDP = C + I + G + Net exports

ManRam
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
This isn't the politics forum...

This thread has gone completely off-topic. If you want to talk the politics and whether or not he should be campaigning like this or whatever it is here that he's doing wrong, bring it up in the politics forum.

Sucks a thread like this can't stay open because people just can't politicize and attack everything.