PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith: McGrady will be a Chicago Bull when lockout is over

JordansBulls
11-18-2011, 12:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=7246395

Starts talking about the Bulls after 7 minute mark:

Waddle: Is there a fit for the Bulls at 2-guard?

SAS: "I don't see it. I'll tell you this, though, Ill give you some news right here - the minute this lockout ends Tracy McGrady is coming to Chicago. He will be a Chicago Bull. The minute this deal is done he will be a Chicago Bull, you can bet the house on that."

Waddle: Are you sure because they had the opportunity to sign him last year and passed?

SAS: "I'm telling you he's coming to Chicago. I'm telling you he's coming to Chicago. I mean Reinsdorf, Paxson and those boys can change their plan, can change their mind, but McGrady is planning on being in Chicago the minute this lockout is over. Is that good? It depends on how healthy he is. I'm hearing he's very healthy....Derrick Rose is not good. He's not great. He's sensational. He's the future of this league."

AndyfromNeptune
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
i like t mac. i dont like the bulls. but i like t mac. i wish him the best. he's gone through a lot.

29$JerZ
11-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Even if healthy it won't get the Bulls over the hump

They have a great enough defense to get to the ECF but their offense is horrid imo outside of Rose. McGrady is not enough.

Chicago needs to get an upgrade at SG, not a stop gap Mcgrady experiment.

Jays Claw
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Stephen A. Smith is probably the worst guy to cite as your sources. I don't buy it.

Rosh
11-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Stephen A. Smith is probably the worst guy to cite as your sources. I don't buy it.

The only reason this is getting any credence is because SAS broke the Miami 3 story.

dnewguy
11-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Cool story dude.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-18-2011, 01:37 PM
I cant stand the Derrick Rose and the Bulls, but Tmac is like my favorite player ever. If the Knicks dont win a championship, I hope the Bulls do.

jimbobjarree
11-18-2011, 02:04 PM
...in the wet dream JB had last night

GodsSon
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM

lol

smith&wesson
11-18-2011, 03:07 PM
tmac might be a good fit. you guys forget he can play positins 1-3. he can distribute the ball. he can play off the ball. he has a high ball iq. yes he is older and yes he is a shell of his former self. but at the right price he could be be a good addition.

D1JM
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
****! I hope it's never over then if thats our solution to the guard position

D1JM
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM

JB had a hard on while making the thread

justinnum1
11-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Advantage heat.

DamnGoat
11-18-2011, 03:25 PM
I'd be willing to bet he won't be a Chicago Bull...but what do I know.

TMac just doesn't make much sense for a Bulls team that needs a SG that can actually shoot.

PhillyFaninLA
11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
If he is 3/4 of what he was that would be great for the Bulls.

Muttman73
11-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Bleh, next rumor please...

Chi StateOfMind
11-18-2011, 03:42 PM
If we can get him cheap im down for him. Can play 3 different positions and has size. Something the Bulls have lacked for years at the SG spot.

Now can he be that old TMAC probably not but maybe being on a hungry team will drive him and bring out the best in him.

Evolution23
11-18-2011, 07:43 PM
T-Mac is not the answer

justinnum1
11-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Cant wait to see tmac try and guard lebron or wade

northsider
11-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Cant wait to see tmac try and guard lebron or wade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJNKHPl19M

Sort of like this right?

JordansBulls
11-18-2011, 10:36 PM
T-Mac is not the answer

Of course not, that is Iverson's nickname.

jericho
11-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Of course not, that is Iverson's nickname.

lmao

DaBear
11-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah and MJ will come out of retirement...

MTar786
11-19-2011, 09:27 AM
tmac would be a great fit for chicago imo

justinnum1
11-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Sort of like this right?

:facepalm: So you pick one play? If you believe tmac can guard lebron lmfao:laugh:

strahan92osi72
11-19-2011, 11:08 AM
This one clearly shows how TMac can't guard Lechoke too, lmao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHziZqOFTqk

effen5
11-19-2011, 11:12 AM
:facepalm: So you pick one play? If you believe tmac can guard lebron lmfao:laugh:

Well at least TMac doesn't have to guard Lebron in the 4th quarter. BTW, its interesting how lethal TMac was in the 4th quarter when he was healthy compared to Lebron is right now.

strahan92osi72
11-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Well at least TMac doesn't have to guard Lebron in the 4th quarter. BTW, its interesting how lethal TMac was in the 4th quarter when he was healthy compared to Lebron is right now.

To be fair I think that TMac is long gone, but almost everybody is better in the 4th quarter and in the clutch than LeChoke is. I wonder how many more failures it's gonna take before they realize Lebron and championship is an oxymoron.

effen5
11-19-2011, 11:21 AM
To be fair I think that TMac is long gone, but almost everybody is better in the 4th quarter and in the clutch than LeChoke is. I wonder how many more failures it's gonna take before they realize Lebron and championship is an oxymoron.

No I mean Tmac in his prime and Lebron in his prime.....

Tmac was ridiculous at the end of games.....especially that San Antonio game.

But Tmac now....no want.

strahan92osi72
11-19-2011, 11:25 AM
No I mean Tmac in his prime and Lebron in his prime.....

Tmac was ridiculous at the end of games.....especially that San Antonio game.

But Tmac now....no want.

Gotcha, and yeah TMac was a beast in his prime at the end of games. I remember one time he had like 13 points in 33 seconds, literally, it was something crazy like that. He was unstoppable when he made up his mind to toast you. I think TMac now can still help a team when he's somewhat healthy, but he's certainly not a star anymore.

effen5
11-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Gotcha, and yeah TMac was a beast in his prime at the end of games. I remember one time he had like 13 points in 33 seconds, literally, it was something crazy like that. He was unstoppable when he made up his mind to toast you. I think TMac now can still help a team when he's somewhat healthy, but he's certainly not a star anymore.

Disagree. Hes done now.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-19-2011, 11:36 AM

You people are idiots, i bet next year dirk will choke and not lebron. It wasn't lebrons fault that he failed, bosh kept hogging the ball and wade kept passing it to the trash SG's that missed every shot. if lebron would have just been giving the ball during the correct moments, he would have scored more. every time he missed it's because of a terrible possession. It's all Chalmers/wade fault for not disturbing the ball enough and passing it around enough. Lebron was just locked out, they were all focusing on him. There was nothing he could have done. Next year will be different when dirk is taken seriously and he will suck as well.

effen5
11-19-2011, 11:40 AM
:laugh:
You people are idiots, i bet next year dirk will choke and not lebron. It wasn't lebrons fault that he failed, bosh kept hogging the ball and wade kept passing it to the trash SG's that missed every shot. if lebron would have just been giving the ball during the correct moments, he would have scored more. every time he missed it's because of a terrible possession. It's all Chalmers/wade fault for not disturbing the ball enough and passing it around enough. Lebron was just locked out, they were all focusing on him. There was nothing he could have done. Next year will be different when dirk is taken seriously and he will suck as well.

:laugh:

pd1dish
11-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Even if healthy it won't get the Bulls over the hump

They have a great enough defense to get to the ECF but their offense is horrid imo outside of Rose. McGrady is not enough.

Chicago needs to get an upgrade at SG, not a stop gap Mcgrady experiment.

i still think its an upgrade but, yeah, youre right, its by no means getting my Bulls over the hump to be champs.

pd1dish
11-19-2011, 11:58 AM

well, then, if you think T mac would even guard Lebron then lmfao. you obviously hate on the Bulls all the time, and you obviously dont watch Bulls games at all because the majority of your posts are just nonsense and assumptions.

first of all, i dont think T mac would even be a starter. i think that if T mac is our only FA signing for SG, then he will come off the bench to play SG/SF. which means we probably still start Bogans who takes responsibility in guarding Wade which would be fine by me because Bogans is a good defender and can fit into Thibs' system. Lebron gets guarded by Deng the majority of the time and since Deng is lengthy, he can usually do a pretty damn good job (at least better than the majority of guys that try to guard Lebron). not to mention Deng started every game last year and led the team in minutes played. our defense would take zero steps backwards as a result of T mac being on the team.

Sadds The Gr8
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM

LMAOWUT?

The NBA forum has gotten from terrible to almost unbearable during this lockout.

Corey
11-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Maybe this will make JB stop making all the T-Mac fantasy Bull rosters.

Corey
11-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Lebron gets guarded by Deng the majority of the time and since Deng is lengthy, he can usually do a pretty damn good job (at least better than the majority of guys that try to guard Lebron).

Orly?

In regular season matchups against Deng, Lebron averages 31ppg on 48% shooting.

In playoff matchups against Deng, Lebron averages 29ppg on 50% shooting (48% from 3pt).

#justsaying

TopsyTurvy
11-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm less than thrilled with a TMac signing considering what the Bulls could get for the position going forward. The only good thing coming from adding TMac is additional Asian exposure for Rose and the Bulls.

M.Bibby2.0
11-19-2011, 06:30 PM
To be fair I think a lot of people have forgotten about the reputation dirk and the mavericks had before they won their championship. They had a history of under performing in playoffs and letting a title slip away in 06 when they had the series lead.
But the heat and lebron are scrutinized for under performing in one finals series and instantly gain this reputation for choking? I think it's been blown out of proportion and people just enjoy seeing them fail. In all honesty they'll probably redeem themselves in the future, I wonder if they'll get the respect the mavs did for redeeming themselves?

But about the McGrady thing, I have read/heard around that he's getting into good form/ improved since last season and is feeling very healthy, could be a product of the extended break? It'd be interesting what he could do on the bulls, and Rose could even learn a thing or two from tmac... But I still don't think this makes the bulls good enough, maybe if boozer starts playing more like he is supposed too.

Peso
11-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Wont help them at all, not a good shooter and can't stay healthy. At this point he's just a bench guy who i'd give the minimum to.

Bulls_fan90
11-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Advantage heat.

Unless you sign Eddy Curry.

KB24Mamba
11-19-2011, 07:05 PM

lol id say in a comparison of signings TMac>eddy Curry.....but u never know they could both surprise every1 and have solid seasons

SA5195
11-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Cool

JordansBulls
11-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Wont help them at all, not a good shooter and can't stay healthy. At this point he's just a bench guy who i'd give the minimum to.

Just need a playmaker to help Rose out.

gwrighter
11-20-2011, 11:06 AM
The title should read: McGrady will be a ring chaser when the lockout is over

Peso
11-20-2011, 02:25 PM

I think at this point that's basically what he's gonna do. He knows he's almost done so I don't think he wants to be on a losing team like Detroit the rest of his career. I could see him taking the Minimum to go to L.A., Boston, Miami or Dallas.

JordansBulls
11-20-2011, 08:49 PM

I doubt it, he just wants to get out of the first round and have pretty good playing time in doing it.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-20-2011, 08:50 PM
I like T-Mac. He's legit.

justinnum1
11-20-2011, 09:09 PM
LMAOWUT?

The NBA forum has gotten from terrible to almost unbearable during this lockout.

Even if they do, so what? Its the bulls that need a star SG to have a chance agasint the heat.

Rndy
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Smith, Afflalo, Richardson, Mayo, Allen, and Courtney Lee are all guys I'd much rather have then T mac. With his defense he will never be allowed to be on the same floor as Boozer and Korver no point in even trying him. Bulls need a shooter to spread the floor and make teams pay for collapsing on Rose and Boozer.

gwrighter
11-20-2011, 09:38 PM
I think at this point that's basically what he's gonna do. He knows he's almost done so I don't think he wants to be on a losing team like Detroit the rest of his career. I could see him taking the Minimum to go to L.A., Boston, Miami or Dallas.

This.

I doubt it, he just wants to get out of the first round and have pretty good playing time in doing it.

I think he's a hired gun now.

JohnBoy326
11-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Gosh, if that's the Bulls answer for 2-guard I will be thoroughly disappointed.

McPeak92
11-20-2011, 11:49 PM
"He's not good, he's not great, HE'S SENSATIONAL"

classic SAS.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-20-2011, 11:54 PM
He's going to a contender.

Miami has starter position which he'd probably want to be. Boston has no starter position either. LAL might play him at SF but not sure since Artest is there.

So seems like Bulls is the logical choice.

naps
11-21-2011, 12:02 AM
JB must have had an orgasm when he read it.

JayHunter
11-21-2011, 12:16 AM
I would do it for the veteran minimum and hopefully sign J Rich

Peso
11-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Gosh, if that's the Bulls answer for 2-guard I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Chicago will end up with Afflalo, if Richardson takes the MLE (depending on what it is) I think he'd be a good fit, too.

Corey
11-21-2011, 01:45 AM
He's going to a contender.

Miami has starter position which he'd probably want to be. Boston has no starter position either. LAL might play him at SF but not sure since Artest is there.

So seems like Bulls is the logical choice.

There's more potential suitors than that imo. Dallas has Butler coming off the books right? Orlando has Richardson departing. The Knicks could be a fit. The Nets could throw money at him because that owner is crazy.

I dont think McGrady will have an issue finding a job after being productive for Detroit.

Chronz
11-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't think he cares about playing for a contender any more, I could see him returning to Detroit.

avon_barksdale
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
who cares mcgrady been done

Sox72
11-21-2011, 01:17 PM
This isn't really big news. Take away the "name value" of Tracy McGrady and no one cares. They'll probably use him for about 10 minutes a game and hope he can provide some quick bursts of scoring.

blahblahyoutoo
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM

Sort of like this right?

you mean like how he fouled him by hitting his hand?

Shmontaine
11-21-2011, 02:08 PM
you mean like how he fouled him by hitting his hand?

sorry man.. that's about as good of block as you can make...

mightybosstone
11-21-2011, 02:13 PM
As a Rockets' fan and a former T-Mac fan, I really would like to see McGrady succeed. I still don't think he's the answer to the Bulls struggles, but I think he would be an ideal 6th man to provide some offense off the bench. Who creates for themselves on the Bulls bench right now? Nobody. Brewer is a nice defensive wing and Korver is still an elite shooter, but neither guy can run your offense or create for himself. T-Mac could fill that role as a backup who can play multiple positions and occasionally go off for 20 on a good night. Also, he was much better last season and his shooting percentages were the highest they've been in three or four years.

However, that being said, I still think the Bulls need a legit No. 2 and Boozer has clearly proven he isn't that guy. McGrady could be a valuable piece to a winning team, but he's not a No. 2 option offensively at this point in his career. As crazy as it sounds, if I'm the Bulls I'd take serious consideration to using the amnesty clause on Boozer or trading him for 10 cents on the dollar just to get rid of his contract. Personally, I think someone like David West would be MUCH more valuable to the Bulls than Boozer and if they could clear space for him, they should do it in a heartbeat...

mightybosstone
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
What about Brandon Roy on the Bulls? The Blazers will undoubtedly use the amnesty clause on him and he'd probably take a serious discount to play on a winning franchise who could use his scoring abilities. If he can stay healthy for one or two more seasons, I really believe that team could win a championship.

Chronz
11-21-2011, 03:11 PM
I really hope both Roy and Tmac have one last good year (by their standards)

JordansBulls
11-21-2011, 03:41 PM
IMO the team that can use him the most is the Bulls because they have only one guy to make plays and who can create. Teams like the Lakers, Heat or Knicks have no need for him.

Team*Chicago
11-21-2011, 08:01 PM

Sort of like this right?

;) You told his silly a-- the truth.

JordansBulls
11-23-2011, 01:56 PM
What about Brandon Roy on the Bulls? The Blazers will undoubtedly use the amnesty clause on him and he'd probably take a serious discount to play on a winning franchise who could use his scoring abilities. If he can stay healthy for one or two more seasons, I really believe that team could win a championship.

I'd take him but depends on how much we would have to pay for his contract.

mightybosstone
11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd take him but depends on how much we would have to pay for his contract.

I can't see Roy getting anything more than the MLE for two or three seasons. No way someone is paying him a max contract with all the knee issues he's had. But I would love to see him end up with the Bulls and make a title run. His career will likely be painfully short and to see him get one decent shot at a championship would be nice.

Holydiver
11-23-2011, 02:10 PM
:yawn:

JordansBulls
11-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Chicago will end up with Afflalo, if Richardson takes the MLE (depending on what it is) I think he'd be a good fit, too.

How do the Bulls get Affalo?

John Walls Era
11-24-2011, 10:47 AM
I bet JB and Chronz are extremely happy.

KnicksR4Real
11-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Wonder how he fits in with the Bulls. He could limit the growth of Rose

LA_Raiders
11-25-2011, 01:16 AM
2 months ago TMac was tweeting a picture of him with a lakers jersey...

JordansBulls
11-25-2011, 02:45 PM
I bet JB and Chronz are extremely happy.

:clap:

JB0B0
11-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Please be false

Y2JOrdan
11-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Lol he is probably heading to Chicago right now lol

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Two words : Who cares!

God, Tracy McGrady. Fundamentally he's a poor mans starter and a sixth forward at best. He's clubhouse cancer and has never been more than a me first prima donna. Washed up baller ALERT!

DR_1
11-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Please no

JordansBulls
11-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Two words : Who cares!

God, Tracy McGrady. Fundamentally he's a poor mans starter and a sixth forward at best. He's clubhouse cancer and has never been more than a me first prima donna. Washed up baller ALERT!

He isn't a star anymore, but he can be a good piece for a contending team.

ichitownclowni
11-26-2011, 01:36 PM
I would rather have AI lmao

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 01:54 PM
:laugh2:

northsider
11-26-2011, 01:58 PM
:laugh2:

Figures you would have something solid to say as always.:eyebrow:

ichitownclowni
11-26-2011, 01:59 PM
it was intellegent

But besides that T Mac has nothing left to offer than lockeroom cancer

theheatles
11-26-2011, 02:04 PM
who cares? there is no way t-mac holds up for a whole yr, especially in an expedited season

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Figures you would have something solid to say as always.:eyebrow:

What more is there to say? I think Tmac would be the worst player in the bulls rotation. Bulls win based on defense...what would your lineup look like?

rose
Tmac
deng
booz(or gibson who i think is a better fit on the team)
Noah

that might work, but i think you would have better success sticking with brewer(who played pretty well in the heat series). Tmac needs the ball in his hands to be succesful, but maybe he could lead your second unit.

rose
tmac
deng

would have a hard time vs, miami. I dont think Tmac helps you guys at all. You would be better off staying the same, and making sure you have 100% health.

JordansBulls
12-01-2011, 01:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah_bEOI2s_kuMIOdDLNUPyK8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_free_agency_113011

Tracy McGrady wants to play for the Bulls, sources said, and coach Tom Thibodeau has a relationship with him going back to their Houston Rockets days together. T-Mac is still a consideration to return to the Pistons, too.

tbomlad
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
McGrady to the Bulls? Great news for non-bulls fans. This means the Bulls will definitely not be better this year.

Tom Stone
12-01-2011, 01:53 PM
This would be good to see.....T-Mac has worked hard to return......Bulls could use a vet and a shooting gaurd.....he might help them get over the hump...

JordansBulls
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
McGrady to the Bulls? Great news for non-bulls fans. This means the Bulls will definitely not be better this year.

:confused:

Scarified
12-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Dear God.....please no.