PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Bargnani: Future 6th man?

Febuary21st2011
11-18-2011, 12:02 PM
sup guys,

personally, i dont ever see him as a #1 option or a #2 option on a playoff team, or even a 3rd, i see him as a 6th man, a Toni Kucoc type player that could come off the bench and be that next guy, thet jason terry, that robert horry, etc.

i see him as that guy off the bench who you can rely on as that bench guy who will always give you production

he doesnt have nay of the qualities of a starting NBA powerforward, he cant rebound,defend, and doesnt have much of a post game. but a talent like him, off the bench for the knicks,bulls,lakers,and other chamiponship calibur teams, in which he can come in, put in 25-30 mins off the bench, he can have a great career

obviously, with him making over 10 million a year until 2015, he isnt exactly worth going after if you want him as a sixth man, but i believe, that he wont live up to his hype, and if the league desertification thing goes through, i wld love to see him on a roster like:

CP3,nash(mle)
shumpert,fields
melooooooooooooooooo,jefferies
stoudemire,bargiani(mle)
howard,chandler(mle)

or some other team in which he can contribute off the bench

thoughts?

29$JerZ
11-18-2011, 12:06 PM
sup guys,

personally, i dont ever see him as a #1 option or a #2 option on a playoff team, or even a 3rd, i see him as a 6th man, a Toni Kucoc type player that could come off the bench and be that next guy, thet jason terry, that robert horry, etc.

i see him as that guy off the bench who you can rely on as that bench guy who will always give you production

he doesnt have nay of the qualities of a starting NBA powerforward, he cant rebound,defend, and doesnt have much of a post game. but a talent like him, off the bench for the knicks,bulls,lakers,and other chamiponship calibur teams, in which he can come in, put in 25-30 mins off the bench, he can have a great career

obviously, with him making over 10 million a year until 2015, he isnt exactly worth going after if you want him as a sixth man, but i believe, that he wont live up to his hype, and if the league desertification thing goes through, i wld love to see him on a roster like:

CP3,nash(mle)
shumpert,fields
stoudemire,bargiani(mle)
howard,chandler(mle)

thoughts?

Your blatant attempts at including the Knicks in every unrealistic idea in your head is beyond annoying. You need to learn how the business of the NBA works and that there are 29 teams in the NBA that have say in what the Knicks can do as well...

With that being said Andrea can be a good 2nd option.
Amar'e can't rebound or Defend but makes up for it. He just needs a better cast around him. Derozan and Ed Davis is a good start but they need to add more of a physical gameplan on that team; not a huge fan of perimeter only teams with no post or slashing game outside a handful of players

Febuary21st2011
11-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Your blatant attempts at including the Knicks in every unrealistic idea in your head is beyond annoying. You need to learn how the business of the NBA works and that there are 29 teams in the NBA that have say in what the Knicks can do as well...

Amar'e can't rebound or Defend but makes up for it. He just needs a better cast around him. Derozan and Ed Davis is a good start but they need to add more of a physical gameplan on that team; not a huge fan of perimeter only teams with no post or slashing game outside a handful of players

how is this unrealistic?

if the league decertifys, there will be over 450 free agents! who the hell says we cant build a roster of: cp3,howard,kobe,stoudemire,annd melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo ?

give everyone 10 million dollar deals intitally, that have huge raises, the lakers have over 91 million in commited salary in 2012-2013, if we give cp3,stoudemire, and melo 16 million per year deals, we still have wat? over 40+ million more in space to spend on bargiani,howard, kobe, etc

get ur facts straight! dont hate because the knicks have the most cap space!

still a fan
11-18-2011, 12:12 PM
sup guys,

CP3,nash(mle)
shumpert,fields
stoudemire,bargiani(mle)
howard,chandler(mle)

thoughts?

Wow??? your not getting this owners vs players thing are you?

So the Knicks now have 4 Max guys and 3 guys taking MLE?

I'll stop here:)

Febuary21st2011
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM

he cant even be a proper 1st option, didnt he just start averaging 20 points,lol?:laugh:

20 points and what? 4.5 rebs per game or somthing? is he a shooting guard or soemthing?

still a fan
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
how is this unrealistic?

if the league decertifys, there will be over 450 free agents! who the hell says we cant build a roster of: cp3,howard,kobe,stoudemire,annd melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo ?

give everyone 10 million dollar deals intitally, that have huge raises, the lakers have over 91 million in commited salary in 2012-2013, if we give cp3,stoudemire, and melo 16 million per year deals, we still have wat? over 40+ million more in space to spend on bargiani,howard, kobe, etc

80 MIL cap without filling out the ghost roster spot, cool:facepalm:

Febuary21st2011
11-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow??? your not getting this owners vs players thing are you?

So the Knicks now have 4 Max guys and 3 guys taking MLE?

I'll stop here:)

is there some kind of problem??

and we can trade douglas + cash for a backup for melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

29$JerZ
11-18-2011, 12:15 PM
how is this unrealistic?

I'm not going to buy your bait because I know better

Knicks do not have the most CAP space.
Even if we did you have Melo/Amar'e/Balkman alone making 42 million. You expect a team with about 12 million in CAP (counting ghost roster spots and previous CAP holds or options in extending Fields to a LLE or Douglas Team option) to sign a 3rd star? Do you realize Paul, Dwight would have to take a massive pay cut over a period of time? Do you realize the Lux tax is being implemented to make sures guys like Buss or Dolan do not benefit from their market by having to pay something like 3 for every dollar over the tax?

You are an obvious troll and its pretty sad this is how you waste your time. You don't even know the situation of facts of the own team you root for.....

truther
11-18-2011, 12:16 PM
more like 12 man, too much of a liability on defense and the boards.

still a fan
11-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Okay I'm done, this thread should be closed?

Just my opinion though!

Jays Claw
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Only a matter of time before Ed Davis and Valanciunas surpass Bargs on the depth-chart.

Febuary21st2011
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm not going to buy your bait because I know better

Knicks do not have the most CAP space.
Even if we did you have Melo/Amar'e/Balkman alone making 42 million. You expect a team with about 12 million in CAP (counting ghost roster spots and previous CAP holds or options in extending Fields to a LLE or Douglas Team option) to sign a 3rd star? Do you realize Paul, Dwight would have to take a massive pay cut over a period of time? Do you realize the Lux tax is being implemented to make sures guys like Buss or Dolan do not benefit from their market by having to pay something like 3 for every dollar over the tax?

You are an obvious troll and its pretty sad this is how you waste your time. You don't even know the situation of facts of the own team you root for.....

the lakers have 91 committed

http://www.hoopsworld.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

every year, their players have raises, the knicks will have over 40+ million in cap under the current structure, and if htey change it for the tax, NY is the biggest market, we will pay the tax, and get howard,paul,stoudemire, and melo

and on top of that we have the MLE to pick up chandler,bargiani, and can sign kobe for about 10 million initally

stop bashing the knicks, THE KNICKS ARE BACK!

ramz.n
11-18-2011, 12:22 PM
bargnani can be a sixth man..but looking at the knicks roster..it be an insult if hes a sith man..a.k.a...the knicks just plain out stink.

29$JerZ
11-18-2011, 12:23 PM

every year, their players have raises, the knicks will have over 40+ million in cap under the current structure, and if htey change it for the tax, NY is the biggest market, we will pay the tax, and get howard,paul,stoudemire, and melo

and on top of that we have the MLE to pick up chandler,bargiani, and can sign kobe for about 10 million initally

Which is why under the proposed deal that got rejected by the players all teams would have 2 years to get under the Lux Tax and in year 3 the penalty would be enforced.

Dolan is not going to pay for 3-4 Max players and have to pay tripple by the dollar. Not realistic

Your knowledge of how the CAP works is below average.
And its not bashing if the Knicks if I'm a Knicks fan and I'm stating the facts. Their is a reason why im the TM......

phoenix_bladen
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
can u stop posting knick related posts on the NBA forum ?

u make us knick fans look bad

bargnani is a starter but he won't likely be a 1st option or 2nd option on any good team

Febuary21st2011
Which is why under the proposed deal that got rejected by the players all teams would have 2 years to get under the Lux Tax and in year 3 the penalty would be enforced.

Dolan is not going to pay for 3-4 Max players and have to pay tripple by the dollar. Not realistic

Your knowledge of how the CAP works is below average.
And its not bashing if the Knicks if I'm a Knicks fan and I'm stating the facts. Their is a reason why im the TM......

its all about winning, u think after all these years, that he will give up now just because of money? he can make all the money back through merchandise and etc

stop bashing the knicks

wth is a TM? Transman? :confused:

yankeesown69
I am embarrassed at this thread as a knicks fan and am hoping this thread will be closed....now.

truther
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM
nice one rekehavoc.

BranWingss
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Nash is taking the MLE?

still a fan
11-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Advice:

Go research the present cap rules by Coon and then read up on the latest CBA proposals.

It will help you oh so much.

As 29 pointed out you really need to understand the cap better because your posts are lacking knowlege in this area.

29$ understands the cap really well, he had a great teacher for awhile lol

29$JerZ
11-18-2011, 12:31 PM
its all about winning, u think after all these years, that he will give up now just because of money? he can make all the money back through merchandise and etc

stop bashing the knicks

wth is a TM? Transman? :confused:

I'm the Team Manager for the Knick forum. I got it by being an active member of the Knick forum ( a forum you seem to avoid...)

I don't bash my team for no reason. I'm not even bashing them here. I'm telling you your misconception Dolan will sign Dwight and Paul regardless of the Lux Tax penalty is wrong and laughable.

29$JerZ
11-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Advice:

Go research the present cap rules by Coon and then read up on the latest CBA proposals.

It will help you oh so much.

As 29 pointed out you really need to understand the cap better because your posts are lacking knowlege in this area.

29$ understands the cap really well, he had a great teacher for awhile lol

My teacher isn't retired yet ;)

Febuary21st2011
11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm the Team Manager for the Knick forum. I got it by being an active member of the Knick forum ( a forum you seem to avoid...)

I don't bash my team for no reason. I'm not even bashing them here. I'm telling you your misconception Dolan will sign Dwight and Paul regardless of the Lux Tax penalty is wrong and laughable.

oh ok, so you clean the equipment for the players at msg? :drool: if so, you lucky bastard!

why wouldnt he sign howard nd paul, he has the cap, and he owns the cable company, with all the knicks viewers nd merchansise, he can afford it!

stop bashing me, u dont even have ur facts straight, show me some proof, i showed u my proof of the lakers having 91$ million

u have no arguement

Silent
11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
in before close

assisi805
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JohnBoy326
11-18-2011, 12:52 PM
how old is the OP?? Grammar, spelling, and grasp of the NBA as a business is horrific.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
This has provided absolutely no positive basketball discussion.