PDA

View Full Version : What saddens you most about losing a season.?

mdm692
11-17-2011, 08:42 PM
The fact that steve nash and grant hill will lean more towards retirement without having a chance to win a ring.

Kobe deteriorating without reaching that 6th ring to match MJ.

Lebron not winning that 1st elusive championship.

Not seeing the Mavs repeat.

NOH and ORL losing CP3 and D12 for nothing.

Bostong falling out of the elite in the east.

Not seeing KD and Derrick Rose rise to superstardom.

Other. . .

Kashmir13579
11-17-2011, 08:44 PM
1. It happened right when my team got some good pieces.
2. My boy Andy Rautins won't have a chance to fight for a contract.

PatsSoxKnicks
11-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I lose a lot of potential days of work and make less money for myself...

Lakers + Giants
11-17-2011, 08:48 PM
1 less year of Black Mamba. :(

heyman321
11-17-2011, 08:50 PM
1 less year of White Mamba. :(

McPeak92
11-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Kobe and others aging stars losing a year of their prime.

Cal827
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
1 less year of White Mamba. :(

This.

Also I think I can talk for most rebuilding teams when I say missing a year of development. I want to see Derozan take the next step. As I'm sure that Cavs/Wolves/Kings/Wiz fans want to see guys like Irving/Williams/Cousins/Wall & Mcgee develop.

Chi StateOfMind
11-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Not seeing D-Rose and the Bulls. Just not being able to watch basketball. Last year rejuvenated my feelings towards the NBA. Miami, New York, Chicago, OKC many more teams that have a huge upside that lost a year. One thing I won't miss is those punk a-- refs.

Gators123
11-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Not seeing Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe play.

Ben Wallace retiring.

chicago lulz
11-17-2011, 09:06 PM
It's the only sport I follow closely. Not being able to watch some NBA is what saddens me most.

BALLER71
11-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Dwyane Wade is gonna get fat.

spreadeagle
11-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Its the best free thing to do in winter..im from Canada its super cold and snowy and its rad every second night to kick back with a six pack and watch my team "mostly lose" lol...now I have to go the movies with my gf all the time:eyebrow: Boston fans must be pissed their chances of getting another ring are prob pretty low now

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2011, 09:10 PM
The Sixers have a lot of young talent that needs to improve upon that nice playoff series against the heat last season.

Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Jodie Meeks, Lou Williams, Thaddues Young, Mo Speights, Spencer Hawes, Nikola Vucevic.

These are all players 20-23 who were going to need this season to build chemistry, now it's gone.

It's infuriating to say the least. This is probably the season I was most looking forward to and because of greed and egos its going down the drain.

Lakers + Giants
11-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Also 1 less year of KD. I want to see him break the record for all time highest scorer. 1 less year could definitely change that. . . :(

Tmath
11-17-2011, 09:11 PM
These stupid threads being made because no basketball.

spreadeagle
11-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I lose a lot of potential days of work and make less money for myself...

Do you work in the sports field....I think a lot of ppl forget about the ppl who work in stadiums and write for magazine's sports sites ect.. who are really getting screwed

Lucky.
11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Having no season in itself is sad. But I would have to say all older players missing A season. Not to worried about younger stars. We will still see them, But players that won't be around in the next few years or players with A year or so of there prime will be sad to miss.

spreadeagle
11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
It's the only sport I follow closely. Not being able to watch some NBA is what saddens me most.

Dude I hear ya, im from Southern Ontario where its Hockey madness and I cant stand Hockey.Basketball was the only thing keeping me sane,now I have to hear about the Leafs 24 7:facepalm:

Jonathan2323
11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Knowing the HEAT would have won the championship this year.

Chi StateOfMind
11-17-2011, 09:27 PM

How is this a stupid thread? It's a simple question. If you don't like the thread then don't bother wasting your time by posting.

Cubs Win
11-17-2011, 09:43 PM

Must've been a bummer when they had to cancel this year's pre-season championship celebration. :rolleyes:

PatsSoxKnicks
11-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Do you work in the sports field....I think a lot of ppl forget about the ppl who work in stadiums and write for magazine's sports sites ect.. who are really getting screwed

Yup, I do. My manager flat out told me that with no NBA, I'm getting less days because there's not as much work to go around.

Tmath
11-17-2011, 09:48 PM
How is this a stupid thread? It's a simple question. If you don't like the thread then don't bother wasting your time by posting.

Is it a good thread? Its a ****** question. If you don't like my opinion then **** off and don't bother wasting your time by responding to my post.

itsripcity32
11-17-2011, 09:49 PM

this

KnicksorBust
11-17-2011, 09:58 PM
You watch sports teams and become a diehard fan for a reason. You suffer through miserable seasons. Embarassing stories. You watch every minute of blowout losses just to catch glimpes of young players and potential for the future. In a way you are banking these emotions. Adding them up. Each painful moment gets added and added until it's overflowing. But like I said you do it for a reason. Because you realize that at some point, it will end. You'll get that franchise changing player. And maybe another player will come too. And then it will all change. You'll start winning. People will talk about you. You'll be on ESPN. You'll be back in the playoffs. Your fans will come out of the woodwork and cheer again. Your arena will be loud. And it will all have been worth it because you deserved it. You get to enjoy it just a little more than everyone else because you didn't abandon them when it was the hardest to be a fun. And it will feel great.

But then the season will end and there will be a lockout. And it won't matter again because you have no team. That's what saddens me most.

Anilyzer
11-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Dwyane Wade is gonna get fat.

I was thinkin this too... that D-Wade might be fat and grow a big beard, and start looking exactly like Baron Davis.

Lebron might start looking older and shaggier, like Greg Oden or something. Dirk Nowitzki will look like a drugged-out hippie or something by the time they find him in Amsterdam or something. Carmelo will look like Duke Ellington or something.

Owners suck. Why did they do this lockout in the first place?

They're gonna lose way, way more $$ than they would've.

NYtilIdie
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
No basketball on Christmas :(

WVNowitzki
11-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Not seeing my Mavs repeat...I feel like I'm being robbed. Dirk Nowitzki is my favorite athlete of all time and I'm having a year of seeing him play with my own eyes, not in replays, taken away from me.

But MOST importantly, overall we are not getting to see the most beautiful sport on the planet be played and that's a shame.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
delaying the spanish empire strike back.

Pau make stupid fans eat their words after the playoffs.

Rudy making stupid fans eat their words in his new team.

RUBIO Makign stupid haters shut the **** up for good.

GAsol II being much mroe relevant somwhere else ( hopefully).

Jose on a contender where some guys play defense instead of NO ONE PLAYING Defense and being accused of it all on his shoulders.

MJ-BULLS
11-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Im not even sad. Im ****ing pissed, thats whats up.

No nba = boring winter and like i said, it makes me mad.

CrasH-X
11-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Nash ..

DodgerBulls
11-17-2011, 10:31 PM

It's actually the other way around. When there's a season, we see more ridiculous threads.

spreadeagle
11-17-2011, 10:53 PM

Jose on a contender where some guys play defense instead of NO ONE PLAYING Defense and being accused of it all on his shoulders.

LOL ya dude Jose and Rudy are gunna dominate...Jose is a scrub making 10 mil a yr and Rudy is barely able to make an NBA roster

truther
11-17-2011, 11:27 PM

lol pretty sure bargnani takes on all the blame on his shoulders not jose, i like jose but damn you're a homer.

ChiSoxJuan
11-18-2011, 12:10 AM
My Bulls. While some of you claim they overachieved, they were at full strength for about 1/3rd of the year. Noah & Boozer didn't have enough time to gel on the court. It's very possible the Bulls could be at full strength for an entire 62 or 50 gm season. Add the possibility of a RELIABLE SG into that mix & the Bulls spell doom for the rest of the EC, especially the HEAT.

Not being able to see that unfold is what saddens me the most.

BSplaya2121
11-18-2011, 12:25 AM

I know right? i saw that and thought "way to kick us when were down". No ill miss being able to see young stars rise to the occasion. Being able to showcase their talents. I feel bad for those players who had a lot to prove this year. Guys who dont normally get that opportunity might get even less of an opportunity this year

iggypop123
11-18-2011, 12:49 AM
bye bye nash, KG, hill, Duncan, Kidd legends wont get their going away tour.

topdog
11-18-2011, 12:55 AM
1. I won't be able to watch my favorite sport.

2. How ridiculous this whole "bargaining process" has been and how little they're bickering about (at this point)

3. Just when my team gets a good coach and some truly exciting young players...

Rubio
Johnson
Williams
Love
Randolph :drool:

Tmath
11-18-2011, 01:29 AM
1. I won't be able to watch my favorite sport.

2. How ridiculous this whole "bargaining process" has been and how little they're bickering about (at this point)

3. Just when my team gets a good coach and some truly exciting young players...

Rubio
Johnson
Williams
Love
Randolph :drool:

Don't know if id be drooling with Randolph at C.

iam brett favre
11-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Not being able to see Gordon Buckets Hayward :(

GunFactor187
11-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Not seeing the potential of Greg Monroe/Rodney Stuckey/Brandon Knight as a cohesive unit.

Not seeing the comeback of a healthy Jonas Jerebko.

Not seeing what Terrico White can do.

Beltrans Mole
11-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Can't watch Amare and Melo play for a full season yet...so gay

LA_Raiders
11-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Bosh & LeBroom Crying... :-(

LA_Raiders
11-18-2011, 01:56 AM
Must've been a bummer when they had to cancel this year's pre-season championship celebration. :rolleyes:

lol

naps
11-18-2011, 02:10 AM
T
Kobe deteriorating without reaching that 6th ring to match MJ.

Robert Horry matched MJ long time ago.
But Michael Jordan was the absolute CEO of his 6 championship runs. So no one can really match MJ without winning 6 as the CEO.

ManningToTyree
11-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Everything. It makes me sick

Zefflin
11-18-2011, 02:13 AM
What's the odds now the season will start?

spreadeagle
11-18-2011, 02:18 AM
What's the odds now the season will start?

6 week deadline with 3 major holidays in there..id say slim to none

Zefflin
11-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Jesus..

naps
11-18-2011, 02:22 AM
The fact that I won't see Dwyane Wade play makes me sad. I ****ing miss the game as a whole. Every evening I feel like something is missing and after a few seconds I figure out it's the ****en NBA! My girlfriend was never a fan of the game by herself, she was kinda forced to watch it because of me, so she was happy at the beginning of this lockout but now she's like yea we need basketball back in our life!

JLynn943
11-18-2011, 02:24 AM
All the trouble spent keeping the Kings in Sacramento could be for naught.

Losing one of the final years of so many older great players (especially Nash as he loses another shot at a championship)

Mostly though, after football I will now have no sport to watch until football again. I'll probably get desperate and watch a few more baseball games than usual, maybe even a hockey game or two, but it won't be the same.

Giraffes Rule
11-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Losing a year of Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili's careers, for me.

spreadeagle
11-18-2011, 02:41 AM
booing vince carter jk

mdm692
11-18-2011, 02:41 AM

how is this a stupid thread i just asked a simple question. I was just trying to compare what people will miss the most while the nba is gone. Now if you want me to start a thread saying "derrick rose is GOAT" or "Lebron is garbage" or "carmelo is the best sf in the league" then ur in the wrong thread. So please get off my nuts and stop trolling and baiting.

mdm692
11-18-2011, 03:00 AM
I actually forgot 1
The debut of jimmer fredette who could be a bust or one of the best scorers in the league.

C-Style
11-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Kobe missing his chance to surpass players scoring records and All-star nod for a 2nd time

Zefflin
11-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Damn it Cstyle for reminding me!!! This sucks!!!

ink
11-18-2011, 03:48 AM
I almost had something but nope, nothing saddens me about losing a season.

Hey wait, that saddens me. I love basketball ... and I don't mind missing the NBA for a season. Now that's actually sad.

mdm692
11-18-2011, 04:07 AM
I almost had something but nope, nothing saddens me about losing a season.

Hey wait, that saddens me. I love basketball ... and I don't mind missing the NBA for a season. Now that's actually sad.
even though the owners will get their way regardless of what the players do. The longer they hold out the crappier the deal will get and nothing is going to change that.

Zefflin
11-18-2011, 04:37 AM
****ing billionares vs millionares

SportsAndrew25
11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
I won't be able to see my Knicks in HD on my new Panasonic Viera 3D HDTV. :(

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
If the season is over. Does this year of all players under contract get scratched? Or they still have to play a season longer to full fill there contract? For example a player is on a two year deal. But this season is done. Is he still under contract two more years or this season of the contract get's scratched? Also what about the draft? Draft order stays the same? Or does the lottery kick in yet for the same 14 teams yet?

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

PrettyBoyJ
11-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Kobe losing a year to reach 30,000 career points
Knicks losing a year to gel and play together
A year lost that the Knicks could have gotten rid of Mike Dantoni
Steve Nash approaching the end of his career
Spurs and celtics falling out of the elite class
Younger players developing
Heat losing a year to win
Dwight Howard and CP3 not playing a game before they leave their respective teams
Watching the up and coming teams like clippers and grizzlies

Hellcrooner
11-18-2011, 12:38 PM
even though the owners will get their way regardless of what the players do. The longer they hold out the crappier the deal will get and nothing is going to change that.

if players have the luck to find a non corrupt Judge......:rolleyes: yeah i now, its easier to find ice cubes in hell than to find judges that dont budge to billionaires.

then that would force a better deal for players.

rkelly7
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Maybe I'm the minority here, but I'm freaking stoked about the lockout :dance:

I don't have to hear about Kobe/Lebron on Sportscenter and this is the beginning of the decline of the NBA in America. 10 years down the line, the NHL will surpass it in ratings, and it can slowly die off along with their cry baby players and greedy owners.

The saddest part about it, is that they are going to be playing a lot more re-runs of The Closer on TNT.

The players and owners had this coming to them.

Oldmantrash
11-18-2011, 01:05 PM
I just love the NBA.

Basketball is my favorite sport, I played it, and love it.
Only sport I can watch any 2 teams play, no matter how bad they are.

I'll still will watch college ball, but a winter without the NBA will suck.

Plus I might not get to see Deron Williams play as a Net anymore.
I'm anxious to see how that plays out.

Just get a deal done already, all these ego maniacs(Owners, and Players)
are making me sick.

Jint.
11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Not being able to watch the Knicks, just as they got relevent again. :mad:

dhopisthename
11-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe I'm the minority here, but I'm freaking stoked about the lockout :dance:

I don't have to hear about Kobe/Lebron on Sportscenter and this is the beginning of the decline of the NBA in America. 10 years down the line, the NHL will surpass it in ratings, and it can slowly die off along with their cry baby players and greedy owners.

The saddest part about it, is that they are going to be playing a lot more re-runs of The Closer on TNT.

The players and owners had this coming to them.

not likely

mdm692
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Man if any espn analyst says the nba is going downhill in the next decade i will go slap em all the way to california. Future is brighter than ever in nba.

Rondo, rose, dwight, durant, westbrook, ellis, derozan, gordon, blake, wall, harden even some of these rookies such as derrick williams and kyrie irving,

Sadds The Gr8
11-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't get to see Lechoke and Rupaul fail in the finals again

ink
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM

I completely agree.

I do miss basketball though, no doubt. Last night I watched Hoop Dreams and the night before I watched my DVD set of championship series over the last few decades. Best team sport in existence, bar none.

But I still don't miss THIS NBA. My general feeling about the league right now is that they're really a bunch of *******s. And I'm not just talking about the lockout. I mean the stars of the league are such *******s it's hard to get past their obnoxious personalities to enjoy the sport.

Seriously if I never had to see Kobe or Lebron or Melo or half a dozen others ever again I would be very happy. That relief in not having to see them is part of the reason why this is not upsetting me as much as it should.

I'm sick of watching those idiots and hearing endless, pointless debates over which of them is the GOAT.

mdm692
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Dont worry kd and rose will save the league :P. Les hope they stay humble

ink
11-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Dont worry kd and rose will save the league :P. Les hope they stay humble

I am really putting a lot of hope on those guys. And I know there are a lot of new players who are humble and still great competitors.

If Kobe and Lebron retired tomorrow I would be relieved. I don't need to ever see either of those two over-hyped, over-exposed, over-indulged players again. They represent what I don't miss about the NBA. I'd love to see them step aside even though I know it's not going to happen. That's why I find the lockout to be a relief ...

LongIslandIcedZ
11-18-2011, 01:53 PM

hahaha that was funny. :laugh:

truther
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM

hahha good one.

Ill21
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM
The Knicks are good and i cant watch

Sly Guy
11-18-2011, 02:18 PM
what saddens me most is the potential that my god awful team might get screwed out of a top 5 pick.

truther
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
for me its lebron wont win his first ring
derozan wont get his breakout season
durant wont show off his improved game, hes been working on many aspects of his game and even saw him trying to get down dirk esque one legged jumpshot, and apparently he has a post game atleast thats what he says on his twitter.

SportsAndrew25
11-18-2011, 02:25 PM
You watch sports teams and become a diehard fan for a reason. You suffer through miserable seasons. Embarassing stories. You watch every minute of blowout losses just to catch glimpes of young players and potential for the future. In a way you are banking these emotions. Adding them up. Each painful moment gets added and added until it's overflowing. But like I said you do it for a reason. Because you realize that at some point, it will end. You'll get that franchise changing player. And maybe another player will come too. And then it will all change. You'll start winning. People will talk about you. You'll be on ESPN. You'll be back in the playoffs. Your fans will come out of the woodwork and cheer again. Your arena will be loud. And it will all have been worth it because you deserved it. You get to enjoy it just a little more than everyone else because you didn't abandon them when it was the hardest to be a fun. And it will feel great.

But then the season will end and there will be a lockout. And it won't matter again because you have no team. That's what saddens me most.It is like you read my mind bro.

LAKERMANIA
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm going to miss people laughing at the Lakers chances (again) and say they wont even make the finals as they win the championship this year

Vincent33
11-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Pretty ****** that last season could be the last we've seen of future HoFers like Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. Kobe missing a year that hurts his chances on catching up to Kareem's all time points scored mark. Not seeing the old teams like Boston or San Antonio gear up for one last run. Dallas defending their title. Seeing if the Clippers can take the next step forward. New York playing a full season w/ Amare and Carmelo. Miami's quest for a ring.

Celticsfan2007
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Not seeing my Celtics!!!

Miss u guys...

knicks=love
11-18-2011, 04:23 PM

just like last year? :burn:

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-18-2011, 04:31 PM
just like last year? :burn:

just like last year AND the next 6 years :clap:

JordansBulls
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I still pay for cable without having basketball on it.

PacersForLife
11-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Gonna homer this...

I'll miss a full season where my Pacers could've shown what they can really do with a full season under Vogel and as a unit.

I'll miss Paul George becoming the next T-Mac. (bring on the hating)

I'll miss the Pacers being able to spend their $20+ Million in free agency to make us a top 5 seed in the east.

I'll be bored all winter, considering the NBA is the only sport I really follow, college basketball just doesn't do it for me.

I'll miss the Heat fans getting disappointed again.

And most of all I'm just hoping I don't lose interest to where I don't care about the NBA anymore. (highly unlikely)

PacersForLife
11-18-2011, 06:00 PM
It is like you read my mind bro.

Same story for the Pacers basically, I feel the same way.:clap:

itsripcity32
11-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Gonna homer this...

I'll miss a full season where my Pacers could've shown what they can really do with a full season under Vogel and as a unit.

I'll miss Paul George becoming the next T-Mac. (bring on the hating)

I'll miss the Pacers being able to spend their $20+ Million in free agency to make us a top 5 seed in the east.

I'll be bored all winter, considering the NBA is the only sport I really follow, college basketball just doesn't do it for me.

I'll miss the Heat fans getting disappointed again.

And most of all I'm just hoping I don't lose interest to where I don't care about the NBA anymore. (highly unlikely)

can't tell if you're joking or not. but lmfao

mdm692
11-18-2011, 06:12 PM

i am not a pacers fan in any way but you spend 20mill in nene(or another all star caliber big) and jamal crawford that team jumps up to #5 seed at least specially with celtics going down hill, magic no supporting cast, and the gawks probably blowing sh1t up to get under the cap.

itsripcity32
11-18-2011, 06:20 PM
i am not a pacers fan in any way but you spend 20mill in nene(or another all star caliber big) and jamal crawford that team jumps up to #5 seed at least specially with celtics going down hill, magic no supporting cast, and the gawks probably blowing sh1t up to get under the cap.

k... but you gottta admit the paul george one was funny. 6th seed at best if they do well in free agency, which i doubt

truther
11-18-2011, 06:27 PM

yep nene should get a team that only won 37 games in a weak east to the fifth seed. and LOL @ tmac commment. you really did homer it there buddy.

TheNumber37
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
missing the aging stars and all the ones trying to cone back. Iverson, tmac. No Blake Griffin highlights, no heat collapse. mostly, there's just not the same buzz In the air.

RCarlson85
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm a Heat fan so I'm sad that a year of Wade, Lebron, and Bosh together in their primes is being wasted. The window with this team is only so big and I hate to see a wasted year.

nycsports2
11-18-2011, 06:46 PM
not seeing the knicks ball since im ****ing 12

PacersForLife
11-18-2011, 08:11 PM
yep nene should get a team that only won 37 games in a weak east to the fifth seed. and LOL @ tmac commment. you really did homer it there buddy.

I knew it would bring a few haters. I'm not the only one who thinks this about Paul George either. I'm also not saying bringing in Nene alone will get us to a 5th seed, I'm smarter than that. Us Pacer fans know this team is gonna turn into something special and no one else believes, but you'll see.... My other reasons for believing we could get a 5th seed are as follows:
The Bulls series last year gave the team playoff experience and gave them confidence that they could hang with anybody.
The regular season was a mess due to the fact that O'Brien got fired as coach because he is not a good coach at all and didn't use the team's strengths.
Frank Vogel along with Brian Shaw is a hell of a good Coach/Assistant coach combo and will be great for the players.
You can tell Paul George is gonna be something special, don't tell me you don't think so. He has star potential.
We added George Hill so now our long time hole of a position at PG is now one of our strong positions, signing a legit power forward will only help out tremendously in making our whole lineup solid at every position.
If we don't have a season, it only gives us a better chance to get a pretty good Free Agent.
So becoming a 5th seed in the east for the Pacers is looking more likely than not eh?

mdm692
11-19-2011, 12:30 AM

No but it coukd get em 10 more wins and add jamal crawfors like i mentioned as well and that win total goes up to 15-20.

king4day
11-19-2011, 12:47 AM
What hurts the most is that a fanbase will lose out on a chance at a championship.

TheNumber37
11-19-2011, 01:31 AM
missing the aging stars and all the ones trying to cone back. Iverson, tmac. No Blake Griffin highlights, no heat collapse. mostly, there's just not the same buzz In the air.

zizo
11-19-2011, 02:26 AM
this poster Tmath is such an ***-hole

COOLbeans
11-19-2011, 02:28 AM
NBA TV sucks right about now

Kashmir13579
11-19-2011, 02:34 AM

But then the season will end and there will be a lockout. And it won't matter again because you have no team. That's what saddens me most.

:cry:

raidersrock99
11-19-2011, 03:22 AM
the kings being fairl relevant, i mean we have a solid team this year

pg-evans
sg-thorton
sf-salmons
pf-jj. hickson
c-cousins

bench

jimmer fredette
jason thompson
donte greene
francisco garcia
hasson whiteside
samuel dalembert

just a solid team and withe the additions of fredette,hickson,salmons and a healthy evans playing with cousins in his second year could be nice. =(

PacersForLife
11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
No but it coukd get em 10 more wins and add jamal crawfors like i mentioned as well and that win total goes up to 15-20.

I honestly don't think we'll go after Jamal Crawford, maybe if we lose the whole season because then we most likely won't have Dahntay Jones or maybe not even Brandon Rush. I'm glad someone other than a Pacers fan agrees though.

City
11-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Not being able to see Brandon Knight play... :(

Muttman73
11-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I'll miss the playoffs, besides that the NBA really doesn't do much for me.

Supreme LA
11-19-2011, 04:50 PM
I am really putting a lot of hope on those guys. And I know there are a lot of new players who are humble and still great competitors.

If Kobe and Lebron retired tomorrow I would be relieved. I don't need to ever see either of those two over-hyped, over-exposed, over-indulged players again. They represent what I don't miss about the NBA. I'd love to see them step aside even though I know it's not going to happen. That's why I find the lockout to be a relief ...

That's ignorant and hateful comment. The only one who is "over-hyped, over-exposed, and over-indulged" is Lebron. Kobe has earned everything he has and despite how big of a household name he is, he actually is a very quiet guy in the media and a very private family man at heart.

I'm going to miss the game and most of all I will miss not being able to see Kobe play another season in what has been already a storied hall of fame career. I don't think fans like you know how to appreciate a master at his craft. Name one other player in this league that displays the oldschool fundamentals of shooting, footwork, and post-moves that Kobe does? There isn't another player that has the mid-range game like him. We're moving to a whole new era with young players and it may be the last we see of a dying breed. Once Kobe, Nash, and Tim Duncan are gone...this new NBA is gonna be played like how we see in videogames.

I won't miss haters like you who portray Kobe in a bad light when you nothing about the man himself. I'm a true fan of the game and I take notice of the skills that has been with this game throughout it's history. Kobe is a student of the game and theres not many players in the league today that you can say that about. Lebron definitely isn't.

Toxeryll
11-19-2011, 04:51 PM
I miss watching basketball, plain and simple.

Underrated Wade
11-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Dude I hear ya, im from Southern Ontario where its Hockey madness and I cant stand Hockey.Basketball was the only thing keeping me sane,now I have to hear about the Leafs 24 7:facepalm:

same. i live in richmond hill and basketball is my fav sport. hockey is soo boring. u dont know if they scored or not until they celebrate. What saddens me most is wade not winning regular season MVP and winning his second championship

truther
11-19-2011, 05:53 PM
That's ignorant and hateful comment. The only one who is "over-hyped, over-exposed, and over-indulged" is Lebron. Kobe has earned everything he has and despite how big of a household name he is, he actually is a very quiet guy in the media and a very private family man at heart.

I'm going to miss the game and most of all I will miss not being able to see Kobe play another season in what has been already a storied hall of fame career. I don't think fans like you know how to appreciate a master at his craft. Name one other player in this league that displays the oldschool fundamentals of shooting, footwork, and post-moves that Kobe does? There isn't another player that has the mid-range game like him. We're moving to a whole new era with young players and it may be the last we see of a dying breed. Once Kobe, Nash, and Tim Duncan are gone...this new NBA is gonna be played like how we see in videogames.

I won't miss haters like you who portray Kobe in a bad light when you nothing about the man himself. I'm a true fan of the game and I take notice of the skills that has been with this game throughout it's history. Kobe is a student of the game and theres not many players in the league today that you can say that about. Lebron definitely isn't.

complain about someone hating on a player, than proceeds to hate on another player. maybe you should follow your own advice.

rapsjaysfan88
11-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I was so excited to see dwayne casey yell at bargnani about rebounding and bargnani responding with his classic it's basketball not reboundball. Im really curious how that conversation will go.

Wade>You
11-19-2011, 06:11 PM
complain about someone hating on a player, than proceeds to hate on another player. maybe you should follow your own advice.lmao that's what I thought, too.

DetroitBadBoy
11-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Brandon Knight. He is going to be great.

Brad IBCB
11-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Losing a season of Derrick Rose :pity:

NYKNYGNYY
11-19-2011, 07:31 PM
my knicks actually being good and not able to proove it

MrfadeawayJB
11-19-2011, 08:06 PM
the grizz losing all the momentum they built

Millsy
11-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Some fans might just walk away all together and not bother about the NBA after this BS.

I know thats how I feel right now, I'm over it, if we don't have NBA by Xmas I'm done.

todu82
11-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Not being able to see the new draft picks on Detroit. Really thought they'd make a difference to the team this year.

Y2JOrdan
11-20-2011, 12:01 AM
complain about someone hating on a player, than proceeds to hate on another player. maybe you should follow your own advice.

:laugh::laugh:

Fool
11-20-2011, 12:23 AM
NO BASKETBALL IS WHAT SADDENS ME THE MOST

x

ink
11-20-2011, 02:11 AM

I'll make it short. Relax, what I can't stand is the marketing and focus on so-called "superstars". And no, I don't think Kobe's career is untainted. It's weak to call anyone critical of your heroes a hater, especially when they have a legitimate reason. Let's review: critical does not equal hate. It equals criticism. I would repeat that the moment Kobe and Lebron retire will be a good moment for basketball. And that goes for a few others from the class of 2003. It's a brutal era of supreme entitlement and arrogance and it will be great to see it in the rear view mirror.

ClippersE.G
11-20-2011, 02:16 AM
The reasons you mentioned.

And:

No Blake Griffin 2 out of 3 years.
No Clippers when we have one of the most exciting teams in recent memory.
No Blake Griffin highlight dunks/plays
No Eric Gordon as he was on the verge of probably having his best year yet...
The Playoffs...The Finals....
The Lakers
The Rookies
Going to games.
Not buying NBA2k12 for the first time since NBA2k.

DR_1
11-20-2011, 09:33 AM
It's my favorite of the 4 major sports, and all the storylines are very entertaining. Oh, and I want to see the Bulls win their next title.

ldawg
11-20-2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Lp5aQq4zI missing a year of one of the NBA greatest player.

ldawg
11-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Seeing Howard in a Lakers jersey.

Hellcrooner
11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Seeing Howard in a Lakers jersey.
wont happen if the hard line suckers mother****ers sons aof ******** envious crybaby bastard arrogant impotent wimpy *******s hard line owners get their way.

mkdo
11-20-2011, 01:34 PM
you watch sports teams and become a diehard fan for a reason. You suffer through miserable seasons. Embarassing stories. You watch every minute of blowout losses just to catch glimpes of young players and potential for the future. In a way you are banking these emotions. Adding them up. Each painful moment gets added and added until it's overflowing. But like i said you do it for a reason. Because you realize that at some point, it will end. You'll get that franchise changing player. And maybe another player will come too. And then it will all change. You'll start winning. People will talk about you. You'll be on espn. You'll be back in the playoffs. Your fans will come out of the woodwork and cheer again. Your arena will be loud. And it will all have been worth it because you deserved it. You get to enjoy it just a little more than everyone else because you didn't abandon them when it was the hardest to be a fan. And it will feel great.

this!!!

assisi805
11-20-2011, 01:54 PM
a KD vs Rose Final :up:

MJ-BULLS
11-20-2011, 01:56 PM
a KD vs Rose Final :up:

I like your thinking sir. that would be great for the nba. :up: