PDA

View Full Version : Redraft Playoffs (NYK forum) 3) Richmond vs 6) Manhattan

NYKalltheway
11-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the playoff voting for the PSD Knicks Forum NBA Redraft. You will notice that all teams are representing the state of New York and that they are fictional.
Please take the time to review both teams, look at the depth chart and read the write ups to formalize your own opinion on which team would win a 7 game series.
Thank you for voting and enjoy the match ups.

Clubhouses link (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662405)

Richmond has home court advantage

Richmond

Starting lineup:
Tony Parker
Dwayne Wade
Nicolas Batum
David West
Andrew Bynum

Bench:
Dorell Wright
Greg Monroe
Tyler Hansbrough
Darren Collison
Vince Carter
Rodney Stuckey
Brian Scalabrine

Richmond did not send in a write up

Manhattan

Depth Chart:
C: Marc Gasol
PF: Zach Randolph
SF: Luol Deng
SG: Wesley Matthews
PG: Kyle Lowry

Bench:
C: Ben Wallace
F/C: Matt Bonner
PF: Elton Brand
SF: Jared Dudley
SG: Tony Allen
G: Louis Williams
PG: Luke Ridnour

The Manhattan Fireballers Write Up

Starting PG: Tony Parker vs Kyle Lowry

In this matchup we'll see one of the best PGs in the NBA at attacking the basket against The Best Defensive PG in the NBA (http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/1f541bc7bf2a43f8b7ed8b23f83e20f4/assets/fb7607ea2e4a468188dbac16857d6e70/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1319653507000). Lowry's all round play adds a lot to his team and his defensive ability along with the help he'll have on that end of the floor will do a solid job of limiting Parker's effectiveness.

Starting SG: Dwyane Wade vs Wesley Matthews

We all know that Wade is the better player here, but lets not forget that Matthews two way player in his own right and his 3PT shooting ability (40.7% from the strike last season) gives us fantastic spacing on offense and on the defensive end of the floor he can certainly do an solid job on Wade when asked to.

Starting SF: Nicolas Batum vs Luol Deng

Firstly I'd like to say that Nicolas Batum is The Most Overrated Perimeter Defender (http://http://www.depressedfan.com/img/ai9vsall022211.gif) in the NBA as is evident by the fact that he was among the worst perimeter players in term of PPP Allowed last season. Luol Deng however was the anchor of the defensive team in the league last season.

Starting PF: David West vs Zach Randolph

Plain and simple West would get obliterated inside by Randolph especially given the fact that he doesn't have the benefit of playing alongside a top tier passing PG feeding him on the PnR. One can expect a huge hit in his offensive production playing alongside a PG in Tony Parker who is no where near the facilitator that CP3 is. Randolph however is a worker inside and has shown great chemistry alongside Marc Gasol in the paint. He also rebounds almost twice as much as West so we all clearly know that there is an absolute no contest there.

Starting C: Andrew Bynum vs Marc Gasol

Biggest question here is can Andrew Bynum remain healthy for an entire 7 game series against one of the most physical bangers at the C position in the league, I'd bet against it. Gasol is also a top tier defensive C so while he would have his hands full with Bynum he'd do a damn good job on him.

Reserves

Darren Collison, Rodney Stuckey and Vince Carter vs Luke Ridnour, Louis Williams and Tony Allen.

Collison and Parker don't complement each other well by any means since they are basically the same player add to that two negative intangible players in Vince Carter and Rodney Stuckey and you have the makings of a reserve back court that's destined to implode.

On the Fireballers side however you have The Best Defensive Shooting Guard (http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/1f541bc7bf2a43f8b7ed8b23f83e20f4/assets/3056b4bf900146409c017f0e2dc0744f/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1319671834000) in the NBA. Allen being a player who could defend the 1 just as good as the 2 and the 3 just as good as the 1 and the 2. His defensive versatility just about solidifies the fact that the Fireballers have the best perimeter defense in the entire re-draft just making any attack by Wade and Parker less effective. Outside of Allen we have one of the best shooters at the PG in the NBA in Luke Ridnour who also brings solid veteran leadership and Louis Williams who is basically the epitome of instant offense for this team in games in which we'd need his burst of scoring off the bench.

Dorrel Wright, Tyler Hansbrough and Brian Scalabrine vs Jared Dudley, Elton Brand and Matt Bonner.

Dorell Wright is a chucker who thrives in a run and gun opened system. If the game is played at a slowed pace his effectiveness is going to be extremely limited. Matched up against an all round better player in Dudley on both ends of the floor there's no way he'd come out on top. Dudley's intangible worth is also way greater than that of Wright's.

Hansbrough and Scalabrine are no match for Brand and Bonner. Brand way better than Hansbrough but it's also arguable that he's better than Richmond's starting PF David West. His D off the bench also makes up for where Randolph may be lacking. Another great bench complement to their the starter. Matt Bonner was the best 3PT shooter in the entire league one season ago and he is the exact kind of player Scalabrine wishes he could be. The spacing added by Ridnour, Dudley and especially Bonner is a major + for the Fireballers.

Greg Monroe vs Ben Wallace

Monroe while having youth on his side also benefitted from logging more minutes that Ben Wallace which is why some of his #s may reflect such. In spurts off the bench Wallace is more valuable to his team especially on the defensive end of the floor. His experience also adds another key aspect to the Fireballers bench.

NYKalltheway
11-17-2011, 08:08 AM
edit, nvm

PatsSoxKnicks
11-17-2011, 08:25 PM
I think Richmond is probably better because of the Wade factor however they didn't send in a write-up and I really liked Manhattan's write-up, not to mention my vote probably won't make a difference so I went with Manhattan.

Avenged
11-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Damn, Richmond is stacked.

Swashcuff
11-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Let's go Manhattan! You can do this!

NYKalltheway
11-18-2011, 07:57 PM
just 12 votes? :/

Eagles4Lyfe
11-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I actually love Manhatten

Rivera
11-18-2011, 08:25 PM
richwhaaaaa richmond

NYKalltheway
11-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Manhattan's GM is unlucky because he took over a team with no picks till mid 3rd round and was put in a tough situation because of that.

Richmond has immense quality and I actually think that the TP and Wade backcourt is actually pretty effective. It's much better having two guys that can call plays rather than just one, makes situations tougher for opponent. Plus there's also Batum who can be a good ballhandler.

Eagles4Lyfe
11-18-2011, 09:35 PM
I seriously think people are overlooking that Manhatten team they really aren't that bad and match up well..
Its a nice balanced team all around with plenty of defense to go out. Ya Wade is the best player easily out of both teams but that doesn't mean he can't be contained..