PDA

View Full Version : B.S report

Sactown
11-16-2011, 11:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7238744
I don't know how many of you have seen this, but it's interesting to get another perspective

The main points seemed to be
Players have absolutely no leverage

Players should of decertified earlier

Players should of made a counter offer on the last CBA offer

Players should find new leadership if season is lost

Players shouldn't be fighting the "check and balances" the owners are trying to put in place

Players seem to be defending the poor deals the owners make and blame it on them while trying to make sure the owners continue to make those same mistakes in the future

Owners overplayed their hand

Stern shouldn't have made the ultimatum

Owners should of made a few concessions after getting the 50/50 split

What do you guys think?

Chacarron
11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Yes, both sides should have done a lot of things, but it's too late for that.

Hellcrooner
11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
The main points seemed to be :

Players have absolutely no leverage False

Players should of decertified earlier True

Players should of made a counter offer on the last CBA offer True

Players should find new leadership if season is lost False

Players shouldn't be fighting the "check and balances" the owners are trying to put in place False

Players seem to be defending the poor deals the owners make and blame it on them while trying to make sure the owners continue to make those same mistakes in the future True to an exent but its not their fault owners are utterly stupid

Owners overplayed their hand True

Stern shouldn't have made the ultimatum true

Owners should of made a few concessions after getting the 50/50 split Yep, completely true in fact if they had removed the MLE limitations and the No sign and trade for luxury tax teams Lockout would be over already.

sep11ie
11-16-2011, 11:36 PM
What's the point of a salary cap if there is all these loopholes to get around it. This league has been in trouble for a while with all the terrible owners, teams moving, losing money, biased reffing, and the league its self favoriting certain teams/players.

Sactown
11-17-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm on the owners side, but the most sense for the players would be to submit a revised offer to the CBA and leak it through ESPN to get the public to put pressure on the owners.. The owners have done a good job to paint the players as the villain

GodsSon
11-17-2011, 01:04 AM
The players can NOT (I repeat, can NOT) conceivably win this battle. In a battle between millionaires and billionaires and employees vs. employers, who do you think will come out on top??

This should be common sense.

da ThRONe
11-17-2011, 01:21 AM
The players can NOT (I repeat, can NOT) conceivably win this battle. In a battle between millionaires and billionaires and employees vs. employers, who do you think will come out on top??

This is why court rooms were invented. To bring balance in situations like these. Not that I think the players win just correcting the notion that simply because one party has more money they are incapable of losing.

da ThRONe
11-17-2011, 01:24 AM
What's the point of a salary cap if there is all these loopholes to get around it. This league has been in trouble for a while with all the terrible owners, teams moving, losing money, biased reffing, and the league its self favoriting certain teams/players.

I agree soft caps are pointless.

The common sense thing to do is have a cap limit. I hate all these exception and clauses over thinking a concept that could be easily fixed by having a set cap limit. Even if you want to have a luxury tax for teams who can afford or don't mind going over that's fine, but a set limit needs to be in place.

Sactown
11-17-2011, 01:27 AM

I think the players have to get the media on their side to try and pressure the owners

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 01:43 AM

if things were like that we would still be like this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m3B2J3tdzVQ/TSjOxE6WvGI/AAAAAAAAAv8/U56ctFtU9Qk/s1600/fabrica_blanco-y-negro.jpg

and no we wouldnt have enough money to be posting in here....nor time , workign 18 hours a day.

RevisIsland
11-17-2011, 02:35 AM

This. The owners can wait the players out as long as they want. Who do you think has a bigger nest egg for this sort of thing, Paul Allen, or Jamario Moon? Exactly. The owners have billions of dollars and tons of other enterprises. As we saw in '99, a lot of players live paycheck to paycheck. Maybe Kobe and LeBron can wait this out, but Taj Gibson and Landry Fields can't. This is going to be brutal for the players. The owners are gonna go for the jugular and end up demanding something like a 57/43 split in their favor, and if the players refuse, well then the owners won't mind sending them back to the hood to get a taste of life without an NBA paycheck.

Belmonts
11-17-2011, 02:45 AM
This is why courts rooms were invented. To bring balance in situations like these. Not that I think the players win just correcting the notion that simply because one party has more money they are incapable of losing.

Lol

ewmania
11-17-2011, 05:55 AM

you know how much court cases came out to where the employees defeated the employer