PDA

View Full Version : Tyrus Thomas - Jealous fans: "work harder"

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
:mad:

TyrusThomas Tyrus Thomas
@bmwright89: @TyrusThomas a players are going to make more in one year than most people will in their life.. #whosfault #workharder

TyrusThomas Tyrus Thomas
"take a bad deal for you and your family so me and my family can be entertained now!" - Fans to Players

Hellcrooner
11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
he is right. thats the attitude of the prowoners fans, jealousy adn disgust because they cant have their toy on tv.

Delrayhc
11-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Hes right about working hard but lets not forget that even though you might work hard you were blessed or born with athletic talent.

Delrayhc
11-16-2011, 04:28 PM
What are fans jealous about. I think he fails to realize that fans are the ones that help provide him with all of his $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Chi StateOfMind
11-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Must be nice to be in the NBA and blessed with talent. But my advice for him is take your own advice. Work harder cuz your no all-star by no means.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-16-2011, 04:29 PM
I like the logic behind what he's saying, the fans are being selfish. Having said that, no matter what the deal is, Thomas will not have trouble supporting his entire extended family

ewmania
11-16-2011, 04:34 PM
he's right but he's not even all that great so I'd rather hear this from a guy who's actually an all-star atleast

ClippersE.G
11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
he is right. thats the attitude of the prowoners fans, jealousy adn disgust because they cant have their toy on tv.

Grow up.

Dade County
11-16-2011, 04:41 PM
This is why causal fans should just walk away from the game ... I hope this is printed up on every major news paper.

Owners don't care about players, players don't worry about fans, and fans are to stupid to realize that they are the ones that make these *** holes .... their money!

Sadds The Gr8
11-16-2011, 04:43 PM
what a ****in **********....**** this guy

Twinsfan24
11-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Grow up.

Thank you for saying it first!

ClippersE.G
11-16-2011, 04:46 PM
No matter how hard the average "fan" works ...the likelihood of him reaching his yearly salary on anything other than sports entertainment, or hollywood is very very very slim. He is ignorant and judging by his other tweets he thinks he is some kind of prophetic genius or something its pretty comical stuff.

The reality is 90% of players are like him. And while they sit back, playing Xbox 360 all day, chillin...the only people affected are fans, and the non-millionaire workers that rely in some way shape or form on the NBA for income. They could careless about fans, meanwhile fans all over internet message boards are fighting against each other over whose side your on this or that, having NBA/Slave propaganda as Sigs...once again, they dont care yet people care a little too much. I give up too, **** the NBA Players, Owners and like Bill Simmons said, they deserve each other.

nate2usmc
11-16-2011, 04:46 PM
:laugh:

The guy is fortunate he is born with NBA talent. He needs to work harder so he can be an All-Star. How can him and his family not survive of ATLEAST $500,000 A YEAR Oh and he's damn right that they sign a deal so my family and I can be entertained in tough times like these! How are we working harder? Finding ways to save money so we can spend it on SPORTS in a declining economy.

Oh yeah, I'm not jealous of these guys. I love em all or else I wouldn't be here typin away while laughing at his idiocy. The thing is these guys get their money from who? Owners. Owners get their NBA money selling their product to who? The fanbase.

blahblahyoutoo
11-16-2011, 04:48 PM

i'm pro-owner and nope, i'm concerned with only myself and not envious of what others have.
and he's absolutely right (although probably not wise to publicize his thoughts like this). if you want to make more money, work harder to improve yourself.

nate2usmc
11-16-2011, 04:50 PM
i'm pro-owner and nope, i'm concerned with only myself and not envious of what others have.
and he's absolutely right (although probably not wise to publicize his thoughts like this). if you want to make more money, work harder to improve yourself.

This.

Punk
11-16-2011, 04:51 PM
They are people who are jobless cause of the lockout and he has the nerve to say something that moronic.

When the league imposes non-guaranteed contracts, I hope he takes his own advice because he is the biggest overpaid and useless player in the NBA.

beliges
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM

#1 NBA players earn more than any other professional athletes in America.

#2 NBA players have the most player friendly contracts out of all the American professional sports.

#3 NBA players' insistence of wanting more and more money is putting thousands of regular people out of a job right now so its not ONLY about the players.

#4 NBA players have refused to accept a reasonable and more than fair deal

#5 NBA players are not owners. They are employees. If they dont like how their bosses are running the business, they have the right to stop playing and go do something else or go play elsewhere in a different league.

#6 NBA players are a bunch of *****es. They disbanded as a union to sue the NBA but have no issue of material fact to allege against the league. Meaning, these lawsuits have no merit and will not be successful. The players are too foolish to understand this and will never again get a deal as favorable as the last one the owners were offering.

rapjuicer06
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I wish the fans nation wide would say **** the players and when the lockout is lifted, boycott their ***** *****. **** the players. You have people working 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet. They are working their ***** off to actually do something that makes the world go round you piece of ****, go walk out in front of a semi you *****

nate2usmc
11-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah and all these guys saying jealous...

When I see someone in a Maserati, I'm not like "Damn that dude, I hate that spoiled, rich SOB, who probably got it from his daddy's money" No, I'm like "Man, I wanna be doin that someday...so what am I gonna do about it?"

Idk that's just me :shrug:

Chi StateOfMind
11-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I wish the fans nation wide would say **** the players and when the lockout is lifted, boycott their ***** *****. **** the players. You have people working 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet. They are working their ***** off to actually do something that makes the world go round you piece of ****, go walk out in front of a semi you *****

Lol. Cigarette break.

VillaMaravilla
11-16-2011, 05:01 PM
funny that some on here say he is right, are you people for real you do know we pay those salaries right and no one really said anything to him fir him to come out with that b.s. im so done with the NBA and these idiots I dont care if they play another game again that way these idiots who are telling the guy who works 40 hrs plus a week to work harder can go get a real job instead of playing a childs game and getting millions to do it and it still not enough......lets see how you guys would do as a Long shoreman in the winter bunch of spoiled little brats

keymax
11-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I love it when multimillionaire athletes bring up their family they have to feed.
I mean if you're smart with that money, your grandchildren don't have to work a single minute in their lives and yet these guys pretend their families are starving.
But judging by his intelligence displayed on the court, he will be broke 5 years after he is out of the league ;)

Shmontaine
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM

you've never heard TT talk, i take it... the same guy who said he was only participating in the slam dunk contest 'for the money'... he has one of the worst attitudes out there, and has consistently been called out for his lack of effort... only a fool would endorse what TT said...

blahblahyoutoo
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah and all these guys saying jealous...

When I see someone in a Maserati, I'm not like "Damn that dude, I hate that spoiled, rich SOB, who probably got it from his daddy's money" No, I'm like "Man, I wanna be doin that someday...so what am I gonna do about it?"

Idk that's just me :shrug:

yup, as a matter of fact, i'm willing to bet that most "pro-owners" share this sentiment.
most that side with the owners do it on principal alone.

i actually find it funny that anyone would side with the players. if the owners make less money, guess what what they'll do to make up for the losses.
ticket prices go up. concession prices go up.
do you guys enjoy paying $8 for a beer? or being completely priced out of attending the games?
do you want your team to go bankrupt paying players' salaries?
the owners are going to either get theirs, or close up shop.

mavwar53
11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
this is the same player that is going to lose what 4, 5 maybe 6 mil this year cause there isn't going to be a season right? Try to get that year back.

VillaMaravilla
11-16-2011, 05:09 PM
work and playing ball are 2 diff things you cant even compare the 2, this guy doesnt even know what work is

Lloyd Christmas
11-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I agree with the second thing he said. The first part just made him look like a jack***.

EDIT: Wait. Did he say the first quote or did a fan and the second quote was his response? Sorry dudes. I don't follow twitter.

nate2usmc
11-16-2011, 05:18 PM
yup, as a matter of fact, i'm willing to bet that most "pro-owners" share this sentiment.

i actually find it funny that anyone would side with the players. if the owners make less money, guess what what they'll do to make up for the losses.
do you guys enjoy paying $8 for a beer? or being completely priced out of attending the games?

EXACTLY :facepalm:

work and playing ball are 2 diff things you cant even compare the 2, this guy doesnt even know what work is

Agreed. I'm sure he earned his spot at the CRAFT he's in. He's fortunate to be born with the physique to play in the nba and fortunate that his GM slipped and overpaid his ***.

nstojic
11-16-2011, 05:25 PM
gettin' more pro-owner, by the minute...

tcav701
11-16-2011, 05:27 PM
What a piece of ****.

How dare he make the statement that he needs to feed his family when there are familes out there that literally cant afford to eat. These players are so out of touch with the real world I wish the league would never come back. Maybe if you didnt spend your millions on bling and 15 cars you would have enough money to feed your great, great grandchildren.

These players come from nothing and this talent allows them to make millions. They dont give **** back to their communtiy. They just go bankrupt when they retire because they are irresponsible, spoiled morons. Maybe someone would feel sorry for them if they werent boasting on the court or in the clubs throwing $100 bills at fat chicks. The worst part is young males look up to these glorified thugs when there are true role models out there struggling to make ends meet.

And working hard???? How about Eddy Curry making $15M to eat cheeseburgers all day or Micheal Redd making $17M a year to play 10 games a year. I'm offended that these player compare what I do for fun and for free on the weekends to work.

nstojic
11-16-2011, 05:34 PM
nah, I'm loving this.. there will be the small minority who can make money on shoes, ads, promo work, etc but the vast majority, are really going to feel the vulnerability of no income, no tangible education, growing pressure to play in foreign destinations that they don't want to be in :laugh2:

Grifftiggs
11-16-2011, 05:34 PM
I make more than Thomas makes. Ill pay him to come clean my car if he needs a job.

BowDown
11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Personally, I don't care about money....

Sports is a form of entertainment like watching the movies. I'd like to thank players like Thomas for making that possible.

I'd rather have good health for my family and I than money.

BSplaya2121
11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
No matter how hard the average "fan" works ...the likelihood of him reaching his yearly salary on anything other than sports entertainment, or hollywood is very very very slim. He is ignorant and judging by his other tweets he thinks he is some kind of prophetic genius or something its pretty comical stuff.

The reality is 90% of players are like him. And while they sit back, playing Xbox 360 all day, chillin...the only people affected are fans, and the non-millionaire workers that rely in some way shape or form on the NBA for income. They could careless about fans, meanwhile fans all over internet message boards are fighting against each other over whose side your on this or that, having NBA/Slave propaganda as Sigs...once again, they dont care yet people care a little too much. I give up too, **** the NBA Players, Owners and like Bill Simmons said, they deserve each other.

I couldnt agree more!!!! how many vendors and merchandise sales people and so on rely on this as a full time job to support their families. While i understand the players are trying to get a good deal, both the selfish owners and players need to realize this affects more than just them. I think that the little people, such as the hard working people who keep the franchises running should file a lawsuit if they can, and try to get the money they deserve so that they can continue to support their families.

Screw Thomas for being selfish, its more than just entertainment u a*s hole

magichatnumber9
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Thank god for college basketball. **** the players and owners. I hope there product goes to ****.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao disagree.

jkiddvc20
11-16-2011, 05:47 PM
What a piece of ****.

How dare he make the statement that he needs to feed his family when there are familes out there that literally cant afford to eat. These players are so out of touch with the real world I wish the league would never come back. Maybe if you didnt spend your millions on bling and 15 cars you would have enough money to feed your great, great grandchildren.

These players come from nothing and this talent allows them to make millions. They dont give **** back to their communtiy. They just go bankrupt when they retire because they are irresponsible, spoiled morons. Maybe someone would feel sorry for them if they werent boasting on the court or in the clubs throwing $100 bills at fat chicks. The worst part is young males look up to these glorified thugs when there are true role models out there struggling to make ends meet.

And working hard???? How about Eddy Curry making $15M to eat cheeseburgers all day or Micheal Redd making $17M a year to play 10 games a year. I'm offended that these player compare what I do for fun and for free on the weekends to work.

Could not of said it any better myself! Bravo :clap:

Rego247
11-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Tyrus Thomas can go **** himself.

Shmontaine
11-16-2011, 05:53 PM
http://yfrog.com/j2ms1nj

courtesy of KH12

Wade>You
11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
he is right. thats the attitude of the prowoners fans, jealousy adn disgust because they cant have their toy on tv.:clap:

Da Knicks
11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
What a douche seems like Jordan is rubbing off on him.

Muttman73
11-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Always has been, always will be an idiot. I don't miss the NBA at all, F You Thomas get a real job.

blahblahyoutoo
11-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao disagree.

hahaha, you really want to bring professional boxing into this?

Rego247
11-16-2011, 06:07 PM
http://yfrog.com/j2ms1nj

courtesy of KH12

That says it all.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-16-2011, 06:12 PM
hahaha, you really want to bring professional boxing into this?

Someone said... "NBA players earn more than any other professional athletes in America." Wich is false.

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are Pro Ahtletes right?

He made an incorrect statement, and I called him out for being wrong...

LongIslandIcedZ
11-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Playing basketball is his job. Its what he does when he goes to work. Just because he loves what he doesnt and isnt stuck behind a computer like most Americans, it doesnt mean its not work. And for the record I disagree with the point that he is alluding to when he said he can't support his family. Thats obviously not true. But the logic behind it is that all the fans care more about being entertained than the players being treated fairly.

I'm in favor of the owners, but I would like both parties to get a relatively fair deal.

ewmania
11-16-2011, 06:21 PM

#2 NBA players have the most player friendly contracts out of all the American professional sports.

#3 NBA players' insistence of wanting more and more money is putting thousands of regular people out of a job right now so its not ONLY about the players.

#5 NBA players are not owners. They are employees. If they dont like how their bosses are running the business, they have the right to stop playing and go do something else or go play elsewhere in a different league.

#6 NBA players are a bunch of *****es. They disbanded as a union to sue the NBA but have no issue of material fact to allege against the league. Meaning, these lawsuits have no merit and will not be successful. The players are too foolish to understand this and will never again get a deal as favorable as the last one the owners were offering.

and owners are employees of the NBA, so what are you saying?

it's just like if a guy buys 6 mcdonalds in a county... he runs the cashiers and the cooks, etc... but yet his boss is still presidents and owners of mcdonalds so he's an employee as well

Owners is still under a system just like the players. they have rules and regulations just like the players do

owners put in the work and players make it work... both of these guys are they own profit

sure if a owner leaves his team he can still make money elsewhere... and same goes for Lebron james and other big players so why do guys continue to make it seem like players actually need these owners

blahblahyoutoo
11-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Someone said... "NBA players earn more than any other professional athletes in America." Wich is false.

surely you know that we're talking about averages right?

LongIslandIcedZ
11-16-2011, 06:27 PM
and owners are employees of the NBA, so what are you saying?

it's just like if a guy buys 6 mcdonalds in a county... he runs the cashiers and the cooks, etc... but yet his boss is still presidents and owners of mcdonalds so he's an employee as wellOwners is still under a system just like the players. they have rules and regulations just like the players do

owners put in the work and players make it work... both of these guys are they own profit

sure if a owner leaves his team he can still make money elsewhere... and same goes for Lebron james and other big players so why do guys continue to make it seem like players actually need these owners

Thats a real stretch of a comparison. It's extremely difficult to liken NBA owners and players to a guy who bought 6 McDonalds. And are owners really employees of the NBA, that doesnt sound right.

dwadefan03
11-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Is this really news? He is absolutely right. Say what you want but it is extremly hard to become an nba player and requires alot of hard work. And no he was not BORN with NBA talent...thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. Yes he may have been blessed with above average athleticism but it takes alot more than that to become even one of the worst nba players in the league

Captain Moroni
11-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Typical player. There is no fan loyalty at all. No sense of reality whatsoever. This is why they dont sign the deal. Selfish and ignorant.

effen5
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Well TT is an idiot. Wouldn't suprise me if he goes broke.

kblo247
11-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Not mad at him for being honest that fans have no right to ***** aout. How they much are make and that some are jealous, it is the truth. Don't like the work harder though

OC Knights #11
11-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Thomas has talent? Must have missed it? He is a great example of why NBA is the worst frontier professional sport in America.

beliges
11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Thomas has talent? Must have missed it? He is a great example of why NBA is the worst frontier professional sport in America.

He has tons and tons of athleticism. The problem with the majority of NBA players these days is they are all athleticism and less and less skill.

still a fan
11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
I'll bet real quick his agent has him apologizing?

No matter what he believes he is an entertainer, and just happens to be a gifted athlete and make very good money. But as an entertainer he has to realize he markets himself, and he just failed in that area.

I do not believe this to be the typical response of most players, they do understand that we the fans not only pay tickets, but cable, sneakers, tee-shirts, jersey's everything that helps the NBA and their precious BRI.........isn't that what this is all about?

Sorry TT no matter what you failed here.

Captain Moroni
11-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Is this really news? He is absolutely right. Say what you want but it is extremly hard to become an nba player and requires alot of hard work. And no he was not BORN with NBA talent...thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. Yes he may have been blessed with above average athleticism but it takes alot more than that to become even one of the worst nba players in the league

Ok so normal people without nba talent dont work hard? His comments were stupid. Why would anyone defend him?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-16-2011, 06:52 PM
surely you know that we're talking about averages right?

"NBA players earn more than any other professional athletes in America."

He didn't say average.

GodsSon
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
nah, I'm loving this.. there will be the small minority who can make money on shoes, ads, promo work, etc but the vast majority, are really going to feel the vulnerability of no income, no tangible education, growing pressure to play in foreign destinations that they don't want to be in :laugh2:

This. It's going to be quite entertaining lol.

As for Thomas, he's just a complete ****ing idiot that will probably be crying about money in the near future.

Captain Moroni
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I'll bet real quick his agent has him apologizing?

No matter what he believes he is an entertainer, and just happens to be a gifted athlete and make very good money. But as an entertainer he has to realize he markets himself, and he just failed in that area.

I do not believe this to be the typical response of most players, they do understand that we the fans not only pay tickets, but cable, sneakers, tee-shirts, jersey's everything that helps the NBA and their precious BRI.........isn't that what this is all about?

Sorry TT no matter what you failed here.

I disagree, I think it is what most nba players think. They just don't say it.

beliges
11-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao are not the majority of professional boxers. No other athletes in American professional sports make more money than NBA players do. That much is a fact. The average salary in the NBA is higher than any other professional sport we have. So its not like the players are not being compensated better than any other athlete in this country. But you want to tell me they deserve more than their owners? Ha! I dont think so, they dont deserve it and they will never again get it.

WhiskeyBear
11-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Now if Lebron had said this...

CB29
11-16-2011, 07:00 PM
yeah like he's worked so hard to get where he's at ... what a ****ing *******...

Delrayhc
11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Playing basketball is his job. Its what he does when he goes to work. Just because he loves what he doesnt and isnt stuck behind a computer like most Americans, it doesnt mean its not work. And for the record I disagree with the point that he is alluding to when he said he can't support his family. Thats obviously not true. But the logic behind it is that all the fans care more about being entertained than the players being treated fairly.

I'm in favor of the owners, but I would like both parties to get a relatively fair deal.

Ok...... When he steps on the court does he WORK basketball or does he PLAY basketball.....

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao are not the majority of professional boxers. No other athletes in American professional sports make more money than NBA players do. That much is a fact. The average salary in the NBA is higher than any other professional sport we have. So its not like the players are not being compensated better than any other athlete in this country. But you want to tell me they deserve more than their owners? Ha! I dont think so, they dont deserve it and they will never again get it.

Well Dan Gilbert disagrees with you because he knew that his cash cow Lebron was directly tied with the success of his franchise. His franchise is considerably worth less and now is a NBA wasteland for now and the foreseeable future. The owners need the players more than they need them. If they could replace them and make the same money they would. If a owner leaves 3 are ready to take his place if Lebron was still on that team.

mdm692
11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
This is the most retarted post by a player since the lockout began. It has never been about jelousy its about the fact that players and owners and apparently now agents are fighting for the money the fans pay to see these basketball players, teams, and organizations. To have a player as ungrateful and disrespectful to the same fans that allow him to have his hefty paychecks, is just embarrassing for the league and players. He complains about taking a "bad deal" poor tyrus he wont be able to make 7million dollars instead he will have to settle for 5million(random numbers being used) how will he ever pay his bills and survive in the united states. GET THE FU#K OUTTA HERE this is why the players are villains i dont care if stern and the owners manipulate the media and what not at least they arent insulting the fans. And if any TRUE FAN of the sport can sympathize with this ******* then you are retarted.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Oh ok.. I get what your sayin now.

ewmania
11-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Thats a real stretch of a comparison. It's extremely difficult to liken NBA owners and players to a guy who bought 6 McDonalds. And are owners really employees of the NBA, that doesnt sound right.

- Team Owners are giving a player salary cap
- Team Owners are giving a staff salary cap
- Team Owners are only allowed 15 players on a team
- Team Owners are giving team schedules
- Team Owners can't trade players unless its a matching of player salaries
- Team Owners aren't allowed to speak disrespectful about other owners without getting fined

hmmm sounds like an employee if u ask me

look at it this way... Paul Allen can't tell ESPN he's taking his team the Portland Trail Blazers and they talents to Europe Lol... why because its legally a "NBA" team... Paul allen could leave and the Trail Blazers will still be under the NBA

EDIT: I wouldn't call them owners, i'd call them renters

Hawkeye15
11-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Am I reading support for a guy not only telling us that he makes more in a year than we do in a lifetime here from a few of you? Are you serious?

**** you Tyrus. These fans that support you, and pay for your salary to be a possibility, are the only reason you can make millions to play a child's game.

rapjuicer06
11-16-2011, 07:20 PM
There was a thread in the General Discussions if you'd kill someone for 10 million dollars...I think I could kill this piece of **** for free

SteBO
11-16-2011, 07:24 PM
If I recall correctly, it's people like me, along with other NBA fans, who work my *** off to buy season tickets to watch you play(no, not Tyrus "the clown" Thomas :laugh2:). He is arguably the last person I really want to hear this from. He doesn't even take his own damn job seriously. You can ask Bulls fans about that. They'll tell ya.....Don't see how people can really defend him here.....

tcav701
11-16-2011, 07:25 PM
The people defending TT have never had to work for anything and should be ashamed of themselves.

beliges
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Well Dan Gilbert disagrees with you because he knew that his cash cow Lebron was directly tied with the success of his franchise. His franchise is considerably worth less and now is a NBA wasteland for now and the foreseeable future. The owners need the players more than they need them. If they could replace them and make the same money they would. If a owner leaves 3 are ready to take his place if Lebron was still on that team.

Dude where the hell are the players gonna go and make millions of dollars playing basketball if it wasnt for the NBA? If the Cavs didnt exist and the NBA was not in place Lebron would either be in some rec league or playing professional sports overseas and making only a fraction of the contract and endorsement dollars he makes as an NBA superstar. So no, the owners dont need the players more than the players need the owners. Even if every single superstar was to leave the game today, in 5 years there will be a new flux of superstars coming in and playing for the NBA. No other basketball league in the world can provide the money or the notoriety for these players that the NBA does. Theres a reason why nobody is scared to lose these players to Europe. Nothing else comes close. WIthout the NBA, you would not have ever heard about 97% of the NBA players out there. Majority of them would be on the streets or in jail or struggling to make any kind of living. NBA provides these players with millions of millions of dollars and an opportunity to showcase their talent to the entire world. Its not the other way around. Your outlook is way too simplistic.

GodsSon
11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Dude where the hell are the players gonna go and make millions of dollars playing basketball if it wasnt for the NBA? If the Cavs didnt exist and the NBA was not in place Lebron would either be in some rec league or playing professional sports overseas and making only a fraction of the contract and endorsement dollars he makes as an NBA superstar. So no, the owners dont need the players more than the players need the owners. Even if every single superstar was to leave the game today, in 5 years there will be a new flux of superstars coming in and playing for the NBA. No other basketball league in the world can provide the money or the notoriety for these players that the NBA does. Theres a reason why nobody is scared to lose these players to Europe. Nothing else comes close. WIthout the NBA, you would not have ever heard about 97% of the NBA players out there. Majority of them would be on the streets or in jail or struggling to make any kind of living. NBA provides these players with millions of millions of dollars and an opportunity to showcase their talent to the entire world. Its not the other way around. Your outlook is way too simplistic.

That just flew over the collective heads of those that are pro-player.

Haven't you heard? Owners are like plantation slave masters...

tcav701
11-16-2011, 07:35 PM

Great post.

Most people defending the players are fanboys that just want to see basketball. Hopefully they are just kids with big dreams that havent had a sense of the real world yet.

For those adults that idolize and sympathize with these players, grow up. They dont give a **** about you and they prove it every day.

Captain Moroni
11-16-2011, 07:36 PM

Doesn't get much fairer than 50 50

tcav701
11-16-2011, 07:37 PM
That just flew over the collective heads of those that are pro-player.

Haven't you heard? Owners are like plantation slave masters...

If the NBA is slavery, then normal jobs are the holocaust.

tcav701
11-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Doesn't get much fairer than 50 50

Yeah it does when only one side takes all the buisness related expenses and risk.

beliges
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Great post.

Most people defending the players are fanboys that just want to see basketball. Hopefully they are just kids with big dreams that havent had a sense of the real world yet.

For those adults that idolize and sympathize with these players, grow up. They dont give a **** about you and they prove it every day.

Most people defending the players have no concept of business and are blindly taking the players' side since they are fans of these guys. Some people have no concept of the real world and how business works. I understand why some people think that way, but its unfortunate they hold such heavy opinions on something they cannot possibly comprehend.

kblo247
11-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Am I reading support for a guy not only telling us that he makes more in a year than we do in a lifetime here from a few of you? Are you serious?

**** you Tyrus. These fans that support you, and pay for your salary to be a possibility, are the only reason you can make millions to play a child's game.

The fact he went through BREC, Louisiana Leadership, and through Sgt Major Gordon in McKinley got him a shot at LSU. Then his talent and work that he put in got him to the Bulls. He busted his *** to get that spot and anyone who saw him grow up and what he came from would know just that. And for reference, my mother was his teacher so yeah I know the stories.

The fans didn't do a damn thing to get him in the league. He did that. No one can take it away from him.

Whether you like that he flat out said that a lot of fans are hating on players and saying screw you, just take the damn deal, you already make and have have enough, because they got guaranteed deals that they negotiated and no GM was made to give them since they have an option to make it heavily incentive based, is beside the point.

He has a right to say what he said. He has a right to believe what he said. And it holds truth when you post stuff like "**** you Tyrus". It is more than a child's game to you if you feel the need to say **** him and if you were in his shoes and had the talent to get the spot he was in, you would be insulted as well most likely if someone told you make enough, just take a deal, play ball, and entertain me puppet, while they look out for what is their own best interest everyday of their lives when they have a chance to.

Yes fans pay for tickets but they also buy groceries, clothes, and other merchandise from other retail sources, but that doesn't mean they can tell a guy doing his job and who has a contract saying you are legally guaranteed this to just settle, be bullied, or take a loss because I want to see you play ball and not think of the long term ramifications of this agreement which is basically the NBAPA making every concession, while the owners make none. And once again in order to make a concession you have to have something to concede, and the owners have nothing and have offered basically nothing to concede, and that is obvious when you take away the need for NBA basketball as our entertainment when you look at the deal

Bruno
11-16-2011, 07:43 PM

x2. The fans aren't to blame. He should direct his frustration elsewhere. I don't see how calling out fans helps in any of these negotiations, we have zero control over this situation.

Bruno
11-16-2011, 07:48 PM
The fans didn't do a damn thing to get him in the league. He did that. No one can take it away from him.

Would he still have worked that hard, gone through all those steps to get to the NBA if a multi-million dollar career/fame wasn't there waiting for him? We create the revenue that justifies such salaries, and motivates the behavior behind such climbs to the top. I understand your point, and ultimately he has a right to say whatever he wants, but if being pro-active and taking the right steps towards a deal is the goal, i don't see this comment contributing to that. I just think it's inflammatory, and wrongly directed; but he has the right to say it, of corse.

iliketurtles24
11-16-2011, 07:55 PM
idiot, you can come take my job... see if you like it. oh and when you dont like it... work harder. oh wait didn't you just tell all of us to work harder. ya **** u

dtmagnet
11-16-2011, 07:56 PM
What an assclown, hope this guy never plays another game of professional ball.

Marco22
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Oh stop it! Entertainment is big money.

iliketurtles24
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
What an assclown, hope this guy never plays another game of professional ball.

i have many times just sat and watched your animation play for minutes on end

kblo247
11-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Would he still have worked that hard, gone through all those steps to get to the NBA if a multi-million dollar career/fame wasn't there waiting for him? We create the revenue that justifies such salaries, and motivates the behavior behind such climbs to the top. I understand your point, and ultimately he has a right to say whatever he wants, but if being pro-active and taking the right steps towards a deal is the goal, i don't see this comment contributing to that. I just think it's inflammatory, and wrongly directed; but he has the right to say it, of corse.

Well considering a good bit of his family around his age in his schools didn't bust their *** in school or in a positive manner, I'd say yeah. He worked to get out of a bad and struggling situation. He ain't trying to go back, he might give back to where he was from like with the recent charities games where he gave all his earnings to LSU and SU this summer, but he ain't going back if he can help it. He went through stuff like Lousiana Leaderhship which isn't just based on basketball, it is an educational program for youth. He went through after school tutotring programs and worked on his school work.

I'll concede that how he said things is dumb, but if you saw the path he took and knew what he came from, you would say or tell a kid to do the same (maybe not be a basketball player but find a hobby and take an interest in school to stay out of trouble and in the streets). It wasn't all basketball and height that got him where he was is what I'm saying. He put in work in school and went to school on Saturdays for Lousiana leadership. That to me deserves some respect because he tried to better himself and not just with a ball and hoop but with books, while he had cousins in the same school on the corner earning. So it may just piss him off to have people say hey you make enough, shut up and play after all he did to get to where he is at before any so called fan ever supported him with a dime

nstojic
11-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Whether you like that he flat out said that a lot of fans are hating on players and saying screw you, just take the damn deal, you already make and have have enough, because they got guaranteed deals that they negotiated and no GM was made to give them since they have an option to make it heavily incentive based, is beside the point.

He has a right to say what he said. He has a right to believe what he said. And it holds truth when you post stuff like "**** you Tyrus". It is more than a child's game to you if you feel the need to say **** him and if you were in his shoes and had the talent to get the spot he was in, you would be insulted as well most likely if someone told you make enough, just take a deal, play ball, and entertain me puppet, while they look out for what is their own best interest everyday of their lives when they have a chance to.

Yes fans pay for tickets but they also buy groceries, clothes, and other merchandise from other retail sources, but that doesn't mean they can tell a guy doing his job and who has a contract saying you are legally guaranteed this to just settle, be bullied, or take a loss because I want to see you play ball and not think of the long term ramifications of this agreement which is basically the NBAPA making every concession, while the owners make none. And once again in order to make a concession you have to have something to concede, and the owners have nothing and have offered basically nothing to concede, and that is obvious when you take away the need for NBA basketball as our entertainment when you look at the deal

:laugh2:

how old are you??? fans didn't do anything? what league would he be striving for, with all this hard work, if there weren't fans to warrant a league existing?!?!?!

pro sports exists because fans exist...

dtmagnet
11-16-2011, 08:02 PM
i have many times just sat and watched your animation play for minutes on end

Gods of death love apples.

Jamiecballer
11-16-2011, 08:03 PM
well thanks Tyrus, for confirming what most of us expected: your stupidity off the court almost matches your stupidity on it.

NYKnicksAllDay
11-16-2011, 08:09 PM
What a douchebag. Maybe he should take his own advice, so maybe he can live up to where he was drafted.

smith&wesson
11-16-2011, 08:17 PM
jealousy ???

fans pay hard earned money to suport teams, suport players, they buy your jerseys, tickets to your games. kids grow up idolizing theyre favourit players. look up to them like hero's. you call that jealousy ? thomas you are a **** sucker. go f yourself side ways with a dirty tampon, your a waste of a roster spot and an ignorant piece of ****.

Tmath
11-16-2011, 08:24 PM

This

mdm692
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
The fact he went through BREC, Louisiana Leadership, and through Sgt Major Gordon in McKinley got him a shot at LSU. Then his talent and work that he put in got him to the Bulls. He busted his *** to get that spot and anyone who saw him grow up and what he came from would know just that. And for reference, my mother was his teacher so yeah I know the stories.

They make millions of dollars if they dont know how to manage their money is not our fault. most players invest and double or triple their earnings. So if youre trying to make us feel sorry for him then youre in the wrong place. We pay the tickets the owners pay for most of their luxuries when they travel, their trainers, oh did you mention the millions of dollars stars make in endorsement deals. I dont know how players are bullied when they make more than half of the money that this league makes. The way the owners approached the players is kinda shady but the fact that they, being the owners of the team, want to make as much if not a little bit more(considering its their money being invested in these players) than the players is more than fair. You also mention his story, ok almost every player has some humble origins that make them show how theyre human. Go watch "more than a game". Amare stoudemire has a good story of him growing up in florida. Heck steve nash unrecruited by any major college joined santa clara led his team to a berth in the NCAA tournament upset win over Arizona Wildcats, drafted to the suns, rookie year was 3rd string, traded to mavs 10 years later mark cuban basically says he is "washed up" comes to the suns in 2004 wouldnt you know washed up steve nash wins back to back MVPs and leads phoenix to the most successful 7 year span in franchise history. So yeah the only thing Tyrus Thomas has proved is that he is ignorant and uneducated.

Rhino
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
This is exactly why we as fans of this so called sport should all just give the players/agents and Stern/owners the finger and be done with it. Move on to a different outlet in life where you actually benefit society in some way and not just help the rich and greedy get more. Realize something people if we all or most of us did this in different aspects of our life we would actually benefit more in every part of our lives. I'm moving on to college basketball baby!

Hawkeye15
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM

what is going on with you? You literally stick up for the bad guy only at this point.

You do not say that **** as a highly paid athlete. The fans are the reason there is a way to make money playing it. Without us, there is no money coming in to pay their salaries.

He can think this all he wants. But he shouldn't be saying it. It would be like a politician openly saying, "look, I know whats good for you, because I am a politician". I know they think that, but they would be insane to say it.

KobeOwnSU
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
That fact that he thinks I am jealous of him makes me laugh. When his playing days are over he's gonna be on the street with mulitple STD's, no friends, and nothing in his possesion. I am by no means jealous of this man.

beasted86
11-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Can a mod please take the biased spin off of the OP's title?

kblo247
11-16-2011, 08:52 PM
what is going on with you? You literally stick up for the bad guy only at this point.

You do not say that **** as a highly paid athlete. The fans are the reason there is a way to make money playing it. Without us, there is no money coming in to pay their salaries.

He can think this all he wants. But he shouldn't be saying it. It would be like a politician openly saying, "look, I know whats good for you, because I am a politician". I know they think that, but they would be insane to say it.

Read the reply I made to Bruno.

It was more about the idea that Tyrus only strived for the NBA and was just a guy who was gifted the shot and should be grateful to the fans. He wasn't. I saw him growing up, I know he wasn't. He worked for it. He spent time trying to work at school, sure he wasn't honor roll, but he worked for every b and c by putting in extra hours of tutoring and drill team with Sgt Major Gordon who was a JROTC instructor and coach after school and on Saturdays. He chose to focus on school and not just be passed along while his cousins were out there slinging and everybody knew it. He got called silly **** like ***** and sellout for doing so. yet he still comes back every year and runs a basketball camp and does charity work, just this past summer donating his earnings to the two local universities,but you don't hear that unless if you are there.

He wasnt smart or politically correct, far from it, for saying what he said. He screwed up there, but he had a right to say it and has a right to be frustrated by people tweeting him and other players calling them selfish, money hungry, and saying take the damn deal idiot like it is personal. People who heckle these guys and belittle them behind a tweet because they don't entertain them and make what they deem too much money and feel they should just shut up and be happy aren't in the right anymore than he is for saying it.

Saying **** you Tyrus isn't helping matters and is being exactly the kind of irrational fan that he tweeted about is my point? He shouldn't have went there and you shouldn't have went there either because it just proves his point, both of you made bad displays for example, **** happens

On another note, if I liked Scott Hall, I'd slap on a Razor Ramon avy and tag myself the bad guy :p

tcav701
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I think it is completely rational to say **** you Tyrus after seeing his tweets.

With that being said, **** you Tyrus.

smith&wesson
11-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I think it is completely rational to say **** you Tyrus after seeing his tweets.

With that being said, **** you Tyrus.

+1

**** you thomas .. if you ever get traded to my city i promice my whole click is going to rob you. **********.

smith&wesson
11-16-2011, 09:00 PM

pls tell me you are being sarcastic :confused:

you know that toy on tv ? it wouldnt be on tv with out the fans. you know those jerseys you buy ? you dont buy them because your jealous you buy them because you like that player. i cant beleive your feeding in to this garbage.

Law25
11-16-2011, 09:04 PM
This lockout has revealed some very ugly faces. I cant believe what i read from a day today basis from these ignorant, selfish, and self absorbed FANS!!!!! All thats being said is the players should take crap deals so we can watch some basketball, and they make so much money compared to athletes in other sports so they should just be happy with that. One of the dumbest things i hear is the many excuses to way the players are in the league and richer than us. Like they were born with there talents, so your tell me andre miller was posting smaller babies in the crib? I mean be serious hear these guys bust there *** to get where they are, espeacialy the stars. Tell me what good given ability Andre Miller has, or Steve Nash, or JKidd, or Derek Fisher, or Steve Blake, how about Earl Boykins, Tony Parker, and the list goes on. They made it through hard work and dedication to the game not with exstreme height or abnormal athletic abilities. Fans are acting like jealous high school boys. Instead of goin out for the team and trying their best they instead complain about all the perks the players get like having the hottest girls fight over them. Look im sorry most of everybodies lives didnt turn out the way they wanted but to become jealous, bitter, and spitefull towards those with success is just well pathetic. But after saying all that this is just like what Lebron said and the leauge should fine (when the season starts) all the idiots who used a media source to lash out at fans. Some things desite them being true should not be spoken.

LA_Raiders
11-16-2011, 09:11 PM
**** the players. dumb overpaid *******s...

kblo247
11-16-2011, 09:13 PM

you know that toy on tv ? it wouldnt be on tv with out the fans. you know those jerseys you buy ? you dont buy them because your jealous you buy them because you like that player. i cant beleive your feeding in to this garbage.

Or you spend 200 bucks on those damn pink wade and james heat jerseys and Jordan true flights because your ****ing niece wants them , is the/your baby, and has puppy dog eyes, but I digress

VillaMaravilla
11-16-2011, 09:14 PM
this whole lockout is making owners and players show their true colors, I find it very offensive after paying my cable company over a $150 to get NBA ticket to able to watch ball and then hear first Lebron and now this dude tell me to work harder, and when it comes to feeding his family sounds like deja vu when Patrick Ewing said the same thing last time there was a lock out, damn how many millions do you need to buy a steak.... its not right to say things like that now a day when there are so many people hurting and struggling to feed their own families on crappy salaries or on an unemployment check, TT be thankfull to God your able to play a kids game and make millions doing it while many people have gone from a good job to flipping burgers or no job at all before you open your mouth

nstojic
11-16-2011, 09:16 PM
This lockout has revealed some very ugly faces. I cant believe what i read from a day today basis from these ignorant, selfish, and self absorbed FANS!!!!! All thats being said is the players should take crap deals so we can watch some basketball, and they make so much money compared to athletes in other sports so they should just be happy with that. One of the dumbest things i hear is the many excuses to way the players are in the league and richer than us. Like they were born with there talents, so your tell me andre miller was posting smaller babies in the crib? I mean be serious hear these guys bust there *** to get where they are, espeacialy the stars. Tell me what good given ability Andre Miller has, or Steve Nash, or JKidd, or Derek Fisher, or Steve Blake, how about Earl Boykins, Tony Parker, and the list goes on. They made it through hard work and dedication to the game not with exstreme height or abnormal athletic abilities. Fans are acting like jealous high school boys. Instead of goin out for the team and trying their best they instead complain about all the perks the players get like having the hottest girls fight over them. Look im sorry most of everybodies lives didnt turn out the way they wanted but to become jealous, bitter, and spitefull towards those with success is just well pathetic. But after saying all that this is just like what Lebron said and the leauge should fine (when the season starts) all the idiots who used a media source to lash out at fans. Some things desite them being true should not be spoken.

freedom of speech.. if some of us wanna be a bit more passionate in how we articulate our feelings, leave it be..

on your points.. all of it's fine and dandy until you look at amateur athletes that compete in the olympics.. where's their mega bucks?!? they dedicate their life to a thankless, largely spotlight-free, craft and often have to work a part-time job, or two, to provide for themselves and allow them to pursue their passion.. yet, here's an ignorant goof, ironing money and struggling with basic grammar, vying for some sympathy, while a co-worker of his is hosting a cribs episode on MTV, bragging about what's in his $6000 refrigerator or how many $150,000 cars he's put $20,000 rims, on.. :rolleyes:

smith&wesson
11-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Or you spend 200 bucks on those damn pink wade and james heat jerseys and Jordan true flights because your ****ing niece wants them , is the/your baby, and has puppy dog eyes, but I digress

I think tyrese is jealous because no one actually ever buys his jersey. so he doesnt know what its like to have the apreciation of a fan. no one ever wants him on theyre team. he is garbage. maybe he needs to work on his game and shut his mouth for his careers sake.

Azzacadabra
11-16-2011, 09:36 PM
What an egotistical a**hole there's one thing by saying: Work harder as say, a motivational tool, or some words of wisdom that are sincere. He said it so apathetically, carelessly and above all else mindlessly. He wouldn't know manual labor if it bit him in the ***.

D Roses Bulls
11-16-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm not on EITHER side. they are all a bunch of greedy SOB's. these players were lucky they were born with talent. The average player makes 5 million dollars a year according to this article from 2007, and they are the highest paid athletes out of all professional athletes. 5 million is more then most people will ever make in their life time and they make that in one ****ing year on the average. even the guys that make only 1.2 million year, most people wont make that in their life time still. Yes, the players draw the fans, but it's the owners who take the chance of drafting or signing these guys in hopes they dont get hurt or their skills decline. So **** them all. 5 million a year on average and they are *****ing? screw them. most people can't retire now till their in their 70's and they get to retire in their mid 30's and live a REALLY good life if they manage their money. so screw them and tyrus thomas.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7239948

Hellcrooner
11-16-2011, 09:45 PM

i DONT buy jerseys anymore.....

i have a Sam Bowie Lakers one i got as a gift....go figure.

btw every "players a ****igngreedy *****es," and every **** you tyrus, or how bad a player you are thomas, of whatever cussing thomas, is just PROVING his point right.

Is he right ? yes.
SHould he have kept it to himself? Yes

WES445
11-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh, the monsters we create. Tyrus, like other sports stars, have been told how special they are since the day they stepped on the playing field. From grade school they have been carter to by sport coaches, to teachers, who let them slid thru school with bogus grades, babes spreading their legs to guys buying them drinks, they have been raised to think they are better then the average joe. They are entitled to be special. So, it isn't a surprise to me alot jocks thinks like TT. We are peons to them and should only praise them or shut up.

Thanks TT, I'm firmly in the owners' camp now and I hope they screw the hell out yous like the average joe gets screwed on his job. I hope the owners screw with your money, your hours and not shred a tear if you have to show up for work sick. In a time where everybody is suffering and struggling to make it, I don't care if you don't work next year either.

The arrogances to accuse the every day worker that he isn't working hard enough is bs. Listen up, you punk @$$ little bit@h, you should be thanking the good lord that you live in a nation where you earn way far more money than cops, firefighters, military enlistees, teachers, all who do more for society then your showboat antices. You where a whinning little bit@h when you were here in chicago, and you still are whinning little bit@h now. Guess you will go to your grave never having to grow up.

evadatam5150
11-16-2011, 10:57 PM
This is why causal fans should just walk away from the game ... I hope this is printed up on every major news paper.

Owners don't care about players, players don't worry about fans, and fans are to stupid to realize that they are the ones that make these *** holes .... their money!

I think this is the first time I can say I agree wholeheartedly with a Miami fan..

AGREED..!!! :clap::clap::clap:

For some of these other posts.. Agree with the players...?? The owners...?? Listen they've let greed take the game away from the very people that pay the bills.. Which ever way you look at it, revenue = fans, advertising = fans, etc.. We stop watching the game the game dies.. The you have a douche like this saying we need to work harder.. DUDE has no idea about the reality of life apparently...

Anyways, nice post..

jkiddvc20
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh, the monsters we create. Tyrus, like other sports stars, have been told how special they are since the day they stepped on the playing field. From grade school they have been carter to by sport coaches, to teachers, who let them slid thru school with bogus grades, babes spreading their legs to guys buying them drinks, they have been raised to think they are better then the average joe. They are entitled to be special. So, it isn't a surprise to me alot jocks thinks like TT. We are peons to them and should only praise them or shut up.

Thanks TT, I'm firmly in the owners' camp now and I hope they screw the hell out yous like the average joe gets screwed on his job. I hope the owners screw with your money, your hours and not shred a tear if you have to show up for work sick. In a time where everybody is suffering and struggling to make it, I don't care if you don't work next year either.

The arrogances to accuse the every day worker that he isn't working hard enough is bs. Listen up, you punk @$$ little bit@h, you should be thanking the good lord that you live in a nation where you earn way far more money than cops, firefighters, military enlistees, teachers, all who do more for society then your showboat antices. You where a whinning little bit@h when you were here in chicago, and you still are whinning little bit@h now. Guess you will go to your grave never having to grow up.

:clap:

ink
11-17-2011, 12:38 AM

Oh really? I think most people who are "pro-owners" as you call it are just fine with waiting out the lockout. Hardly upset about not having any "toy on TV". :laugh2: Couldn't be farther from the truth in fact.

ink
11-17-2011, 12:42 AM
This lockout has revealed some very ugly faces. I cant believe what i read from a day today basis from these ignorant, selfish, and self absorbed FANS!!!!! All thats being said is the players should take crap deals so we can watch some basketball.

Stopped reading there. Again, many are willing to wait until a decent deal FOR THE WHOLE LEAGUE can be achieved. I'm definitely not angry, and I'm definitely not in any rush to see the NBA come back with a botched deal.

I think it's sad that it has gone to litigation. I wish the players could understand that the league couldn't continue the way it was going. That's ALL there is to it. It's business. There doesn't need to be any emotion at all involved. The league needs a simpler, more functional CBA that prevents overspending and overpaying, and gives incentive to a new generation of players to re-commit to their teams. Take pride in their teams. Take pride in building a winning team under a new system that doesn't favour the big spending franchises.

clutchski
11-17-2011, 12:46 AM

my thoughts exactly

ink
11-17-2011, 12:48 AM
x2. The fans aren't to blame. He should direct his frustration elsewhere. I don't see how calling out fans helps in any of these negotiations, we have zero control over this situation.

TT just had the biggest brain fart of the lockout, and that's saying a lot.

rapjuicer06
11-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Someone post a link of this page to this mother ****ers twitter page

DamnGoat
11-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Tyrus Thomas proving that his stupidity on the court extends to real life as well...

gwrighter
11-17-2011, 01:14 AM
No matter how hard I work i'l never be 6'8.

RevisIsland
11-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Really Tyrus? You're sounding an awful like Latrell Spreewell. A 7% salary drop would be huge, if you weren't making millions. Can you not feed your family on 7% less than the 50 or so million you're slated to earn in your career? Because I'm fairly certain most of us could. God forbid you can't afford that third house in Malibu. Shut the **** up and appreciate the fact that you're playing a children's game for more money than most of us will ever see. Try to remember the fact that without us paying to see you you'd be flipping burgers. That's what pisses me off the most about this lockout.

Raph12
11-17-2011, 02:53 AM
He's not wrong, we only want them to take a bs deal because we want to see them entertain us, but we wouldn't settle for less money in our jobs... Are we hypocrites or just selfish?

da ThRONe
11-17-2011, 03:28 AM

Owners are going to try and extract as much money from fans as possible. You think after the owners get 7-10% of the BRI back that prices are coming down? That money is going some where and the only place it isn't going is back to the fans.

jon_wayne
11-17-2011, 03:36 AM
i just threw up in my Montrachet... but since most of you don't work nearly as hard as me and Tyrus, you probably wont know what I am talking about...

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Tyrus Thomas telling people to work harder....

Shut the **** up you flaming bust.

i'm on the players side on this but if he doesn't realize that those "fans" are the reason he even MATTERS IN THIS WORLD, than he is more of an ignorant piece of trash than i thought.

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Really Tyrus? You're sounding an awful like Latrell Spreewell. A 7% salary drop would be huge, if you weren't making millions. Can you not feed your family on 7% less than the 50 or so million you're slated to earn in your career? Because I'm fairly certain most of us could. God forbid you can't afford that third house in Malibu. Shut the **** up and appreciate the fact that you're playing a children's game for more money than most of us will ever see. Try to remember the fact that without us paying to see you you'd be flipping burgers. That's what pisses me off the most about this lockout.

Agree 100%. There's greed on both sides of the process, too many egos, too many dumbasses.

PurpleJesus
11-17-2011, 03:59 AM
I worked my as s off 18 hours a day, and didnt become pro....that is probably because i was a 6 foot center...wish i was 6 foot 10.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 04:26 AM
He's not wrong, we only want them to take a bs deal because we want to see them entertain us, but we wouldn't settle for less money in our jobs... Are we hypocrites or just selfish?

We would, but only because we normal people are EASy to REPLACE.

Thats not the case here, like it isnt with a highed touted doctor with a big name that can force the hospital to pay him as much as he desires or that genious scientific that can ask the chemo company as much as he wants.

People has some difficults to understand that.

And ofcourse theres some selfishness of fans wanting just to watch teh game and being brianwashed by prowners media and others that simply are envious of players making money.

ClippersE.G
11-17-2011, 05:22 AM

Thats not the case here, like it isnt with a highed touted doctor with a big name that can force the hospital to pay him as much as he desires or that genious scientific that can ask the chemo company as much as he wants.

And ofcourse theres some selfishness of fans wanting just to watch teh game and being brianwashed by prowners media and others that simply are envious of players making money.

:facepalm:

uprightciti
11-17-2011, 05:44 AM
tyrus thomas is a sack of **** that guys a dope

****ing 1%er how come we watch these dumb jocks throw a ball in a hole and we give them millions to do it

ShakeN'Bake
11-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Would Tyrus Thomas even graduated high school if it wasn't for basketball?

TO to the CHI
11-17-2011, 09:23 AM

Reading your posts demonstrates that you are stuck in one mindset on this issue, but do you understand that the fans have a vested interest in the owners' side of this lockout? It's not that complicated really.

I am a season ticket holder. If the owners give the players more money than they had intended (a bigger percentage of revenue), then the owners are going to attempt to recoup those dollars elsewhere. That means higher ticket prices, higher merchandise prices, higher concession prices, etc. I am certainly not naive enough to believe that if the owners get a sweetheart deal that they will pass the savings to the fans. Obviously they won't. However, you can absolutely certain that if the players get a "win" in this lockout, then the fans will be paying the price in the long-term. So I can tell you with complete honesty that I haven't missed the game and am beginning not to care if the season gets cancelled. I can also tell you that I have no jealousy of the players' money because I am quite comfortable where I am at. I just understand that in business the owners get to set the price. If the NBA players had regular 9-5 jobs they would understand that. But they don't. Fair enough. But the people with 9-5 jobs do understand that the owners hold the cards and therefore those 9-5ers have a vested interest in the owners' success. You would have to be daft to not comprehend this.

As an aside, you have posted at length about how the Euroleague is so much better (great ball and chain logo btw, doesn't make you look foolish at all). Can I ask how come there hasn't been a mass exodus going to play in this Utopian league? Not even amongst European players. Perhaps it isn't Utopia? Could it be that the NBA simply offers the players certain benefits that they don't want to give up (even though they have options and could readily go elsewhere)????? Keep stewing on your logical fallacies.

AndyfromNeptune
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
This really hurt me. I love watching basketball and I want the NBA to come back, but its a slap in the face to hear him say that.

Where would he be if he didn't have innate talent?

Nowhere.

The rest of us actually have to rely on hard work and determination to foster our own talents.

Heatcheck
11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
he's ignorant and is showing it. YOU didnt work hard to get to the NBA. YOU were born 6"8' with incredible athleticsm and from all accounts, and judging by how much you have moved in your career, YOU DONT WORK HARD AT ALL. which is why you haven't developed any type of offensive game. which is probably why youll be at home job searching on monster.com in a few years.

Heatcheck
11-17-2011, 10:09 AM
But i do see his point. This isn't YOUR life or YOUR money. and no one is forcing you to go watch the NBA and give them your hard earned money. IF YOU REALLY LOVE BASKETBALL SO MUCH, HERE IS A THOUGHT, GO PLAY. watch a highschool game or college game, all thats basketball. if it really is for the love of the game.

Now if its about you sharing some kind of glory because these guys have miami or boston or whatever on their jerseys and when they win you win cuz your from there, and now you feel like some one stole that from you, you need to grow up.

And as far as the money goes, IF IT REALLY BOTHERS YOU, maybe instead of wasting your time *****ing and moaning and writing posts, you could be learning a skill you can capitalize on and make money. Im pretty sure a couple of the guys on the billionaires list were once orphans, so if they can do it so can you.

KobeOwnSU
11-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I went and sent this fool a tweet. **** him.

jeter4president
11-17-2011, 10:25 AM
you're right tyrus, and you've inspired me! im going to go work as hard as i can to be a mediocre nba player (you) with exceptional talent.

im going to go do everything i can to grown 8 inches so ill then be able to use that medicore talent to make millions of dollars playing a game.

serious question tyrus - are you just made that this proposed new deal would make it harder for teams to overpay for average talent like you?

Heatcheck
11-17-2011, 10:26 AM
^boom!

Tom Stone
11-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I never liked Tyrus since he laughed at being asked if he would do a dunk comp in his rookie season.....like he was above it all or something......I'm big on the history of the game, and all star weekend is tradition......young kids and no respect.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Reading your posts demonstrates that you are stuck in one mindset on this issue, but do you understand that the fans have a vested interest in the owners' side of this lockout? It's not that complicated really.

I am a season ticket holder. If the owners give the players more money than they had intended (a bigger percentage of revenue), then the owners are going to attempt to recoup those dollars elsewhere. That means higher ticket prices, higher merchandise prices, higher concession prices, etc. I am certainly not naive enough to believe that if the owners get a sweetheart deal that they will pass the savings to the fans. Obviously they won't. However, you can absolutely certain that if the players get a "win" in this lockout, then the fans will be paying the price in the long-term. So I can tell you with complete honesty that I haven't missed the game and am beginning not to care if the season gets cancelled. I can also tell you that I have no jealousy of the players' money because I am quite comfortable where I am at. I just understand that in business the owners get to set the price. If the NBA players had regular 9-5 jobs they would understand that. But they don't. Fair enough. But the people with 9-5 jobs do understand that the owners hold the cards and therefore those 9-5ers have a vested interest in the owners' success. You would have to be daft to not comprehend this.

As an aside, you have posted at length about how the Euroleague is so much better (great ball and chain logo btw, doesn't make you look foolish at all). Can I ask how come there hasn't been a mass exodus going to play in this Utopian league? Not even amongst European players. Perhaps it isn't Utopia? Could it be that the NBA simply offers the players certain benefits that they don't want to give up (even though they have options and could readily go elsewhere)????? Keep stewing on your logical fallacies.

the exodus hasnt happened ( yet) because of MONEY.
There isnt enough market YET to pay as much .
But, that markt works like this , IF YOU BUILT IT THEY WILL COME

Shmontaine
11-17-2011, 01:37 PM
the exodus hasnt happened ( yet) because of MONEY.
There isnt enough market YET to pay as much .
But, that markt works like this , IF YOU BUILT IT THEY WILL COME

Yet??? lol.. NEVER... i think it's funny you hope and pray these players will forego their prime years and tens of milliions of dollars to help build a league that MIGHT get them close SOMEDAY to the amount of money they could currently make in the nba today, POSSIBLY.. it's quite humorous, actually... has this lockout taught you anything??? the players want money, they could care less about anything else...

go ahead and keep pining for nba stars to come to europe.. it will never happen... your anti-nba rhetoric is pathetic, you just got your panties in a bunch because you probably will never see an nba star play live... i'm sorry for you...

pacofunk64
11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
5 years when you are out of the league & broke can I tell you to get off your lazy *** & work...just ****ing work.

BigCityofDreams
11-17-2011, 01:59 PM
But i do see his point. This isn't YOUR life or YOUR money. and no one is forcing you to go watch the NBA and give them your hard earned money. IF YOU REALLY LOVE BASKETBALL SO MUCH, HERE IS A THOUGHT, GO PLAY. watch a highschool game or college game, all thats basketball. if it really is for the love of the game.

Now if its about you sharing some kind of glory because these guys have miami or boston or whatever on their jerseys and when they win you win cuz your from there, and now you feel like some one stole that from you, you need to grow up.

And as far as the money goes, IF IT REALLY BOTHERS YOU, maybe instead of wasting your time *****ing and moaning and writing posts, you could be learning a skill you can capitalize on and make money. Im pretty sure a couple of the guys on the billionaires list were once orphans, so if they can do it so can you.

I side with the players in regards to the lockout and I agree they shouldn't just take whatever deal being thrown in their face but at the same time he made a dumb comment. Why direct your anger at a handful of ppl. The fans work hard just to break even and find entertainment in the sport he plays for millions of dollars.

Dark Donnie
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
This is why people don't watch basketball.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 02:31 PM
i DONT buy jerseys anymore.....

i have a Sam Bowie Lakers one i got as a gift....go figure.

btw every "players a ****igngreedy *****es," and every **** you tyrus, or how bad a player you are thomas, of whatever cussing thomas, is just PROVING his point right.

Is he right ? yes.
SHould he have kept it to himself? Yes

how are we proving his point? we are angered by his comments. we support the nba. we dont deserve comments like that.

you failed to prove how he is right. how is he right in calling fans jealous and telling them to work harder! please tell me. you think its cool that fans in his city have floor seats to his games and they get cheap shots like this thrown at them ? these are hard working citizens. from dr's and lawers to contstruction workers. they dont work hard ? they pay for season tickets so they can be ridiculed ?

what are the fans? customers! you dont disrespect customers. if you do maybe your in the wrong proffesion period! when a product or service that customers pay for disapoints they have every right to be disgruntled. thomas doesnt get that ?

"saying is he right ? yes!" doesnt make him right. infact he is very very wrong. and his comments are an emberassment to every profesional athlete out there.

just because YOU dont buy jerseys, it doesnt mean most fans dont. maybe he means fans like you ? who actually dont buy the merchandise or attend the games.. fans like you are free loading off good paying customers like me. if it werent fans like me who actually do support the nba there would be no nba for freeloading fans like you to watch and come here to talk about on a daily basis.

topdog
11-17-2011, 02:31 PM
More people would probably support the players if they worked harder and actually had the kind of basic education we are all expected to have in the real world. Tyrus obviously lacks both of these.

topdog
11-17-2011, 02:33 PM
YOU DONT WORK HARD AT ALL which is probably why youll be at home job searching on monster.com in a few years.

More like walking store-to-store asking for paper applications while getting dumped by state welfare.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Yet??? lol.. NEVER... i think it's funny you hope and pray these players will forego their prime years and tens of milliions of dollars to help build a league that MIGHT get them close SOMEDAY to the amount of money they could currently make in the nba today, POSSIBLY.. it's quite humorous, actually... has this lockout taught you anything??? the players want money, they could care less about anything else...

go ahead and keep pining for nba stars to come to europe.. it will never happen... your anti-nba rhetoric is pathetic, you just got your panties in a bunch because you probably will never see an nba star play live... i'm sorry for you...

i was there in barcelona in 92 watching DReam team play croatia.

And i saw Pau several times when he was in barcelona too.

oh yep i saw Ewing and barkley at the MSG too when i was in NY.

ddhulett
11-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Guy's an idiot! Who pays his bills? Fans do. Nobody's asking anyone to take a low ball deal but the fact of the matter is the economy isn't what it once was and for athletes to act like they are above and beyond the rest of America is ridiculous.

Most of the owners are losing money and the players don't care because their selfish and always had things given to them.

To say we don't work hard is messed up! I work my *** off everyday to provide for my family and myself. I worked hard on the baseball field and basketball court growing up but, hey, I'm just not as gifted as those guys....I'm a 6ft white guy what do expect lol.

Piss off Thomas I hope karma sees you soon!

ChiSoxJuan
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Your side must be desperate if you are quoting Tyrus Thomas. He has to be one of the dumbest players in the NBA & that goes for on the court as well as off the court.

But since you still can't figure that out, I will spell it out for you.

Stern, Godell, Selig, & Bettman are no longer commissioners overseeing the rules of conduct in their respective sports leagues. They are now CEO's overseeing the rules of operation, marketing, & distribution of their respective leagues. The CBA's then are taking shape towards mission statements for how the league's intend to grow total revenue.

Should the CEO have a say as to how best use resources like Melo, Paul, Howard, & D Wil in the league to maximize total revenue? As long as the leagues remain for-profit businesses in a capitalistic economy the answer is a resounding yes. For you to move from one division to another or from one sub to another in the corp you might work in you have to get approval from your boss & he has to get approval from his. This isn't about free market principles as much as it is radicalism of employees trying to tell their bosses how to run their business.

Even in entertainment industries like film, music, broadway, etc, that doesn't happen. No matter how valuable or important an employee might be they still have to answer to their boss. If you don't like what the CEO/commisioner is telling you on how things will be run in the NBA, you are free to shop your talents overseas.

ink
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Stern, Godell, Selig, & Bettman are no longer commissioners overseeing the rules of conduct in their respective sports leagues. They are now CEO's overseeing the rules of operation, marketing, & distribution of their respective leagues. The CBA's then are taking shape towards mission statements for how the league's intend to grow total revenue.

Should the CEO have a say as to how best use resources like Melo, Paul, Howard, & D Wil in the league to maximize total revenue? As long as the leagues remain for-profit businesses in a capitalistic economy the answer is a resounding yes. For you to move from one division to another or from one sub to another in the corp you might work in you have to get approval from your boss & he has to get approval from his. This isn't about free market principles as much as it is radicalism of employees trying to tell their bosses how to run their business.

Even in entertainment industries like film, music, broadway, etc, that doesn't happen. No matter how valuable or important an employee might be they still have to answer to their boss. If you don't like what the CEO/commisioner is telling you on how things will be run in the NBA, you are free to shop your talents overseas.

All great points.

IMO NBA players are so sadly stuck in a 1on1 mindset, they may never be able to understand the whole league view. It is in EVERYONE's interest that there be 30 healthy teams, healthy financially and healthy competitively. More jobs, more overall revenue, ultimately more growth in profit and salary, and definitely better quality play in all 1230 games of the regular season.

The players (and a lot of fans supporting them) are too tunnel-visioned to see the benefits of a stronger overall league.

koberulesall
11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Thomas is right if you work you get money, if you work really hard you get alot of money, hes not bad for saying this he is just a guy that doesnt sugar coat anything he says, everyone is just full of envy and jelousy....

THIS IS AMERICA EVERYONE CAN MAKE MONEY IF YOU CANT THEN YOUR A DOUCHBAG
-MR FRENCH

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Thomas is right if you work you get money, if you work really hard you get alot of money, hes not bad for saying this he is just a guy that doesnt sugar coat anything he says, everyone is just full of envy and jelousy....

-MR FRENCH

oh so you take this as advice. its amazing how blind people can be when they want to be.

so the season ticket holders and floor seat buyers are a bunch of underpaid, non hardworking ppl who need to work harder lol hahahaha. thats a joke right?

so jack nicholson for example needs to work harder, and he is jealous... gotcha... thomas is making the mistake of asuming that all fans are blue collar to below blue collar citizens. there are fans that have more money then he does and have no reason to suport the league other then the fact they they love it. and the fans that make honest wages and go to these games dont deserve this insult.

this is not advice your being given. its a slap to the face to the paying loyal fan who suports the nba. its thomas saying "shut up you insignificant peasant you mean nothing". and you take that with a smile as if you didnt already know that hard work can = to success. no your just a dumb fan in his eyes.

topdog
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM

-MR FRENCH

What an enlightened thought :rolleyes:

Hard work does not equate to wealth. People simply claim "hard work" to justify their wealth. Meanwhile, people who work multiple jobs to support their family and do a good job, remain at or around the poverty line.

Show me one piece of evidence that Tyus Thomas has ever worked hard for anything.

koberulesall
11-17-2011, 03:37 PM
oh so you take this as advice. its amazing how blind people can be when they want to be.

so the season ticket holders and floor seat buyers are a bunch of underpaid, non hardworking ppl who need to work harder lol hahahaha. thats a joke right?

so jack nicholson for example needs to work harder, and he is jealous... gotcha... thomas is making the mistake of asuming that all fans are blue collar to below blue collar citizens. there are fans that have more money then he does and have no reason to suport the league other then the fact they they love it. and the fans that make honest wages and go to these games dont deserve this insult.

this is not advice your being given. its a slap to the face to the paying loyal fan who suports the nba. its thomas saying "shut up you insignifigant peasant you mean nothing". and you take that with a smile as if you didnt already know that hard work can = to success. no your just a dumb fan.

your not getting the point you must be one of the ENVY....you have 7000 more posts than me and joined 2 years later do more with your time and make some money

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM

-MR FRENCH

Wow, if only this were true.. You'd be surprised at the amount of people out there who want to work and NEED to work but can't because of the current state of the economy.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
your not getting the point you must be one of the ENVY....you have 7000 more posts than me and joined 2 years later do more with your time and make some money

i could tell you about the investments I have or the properties I own, but really that would be arrogant of me to do so.

you see you live in the united states and the unemployment rate is at an all time high. so it is fair to asume there are some ppl on this sight that are struggling to find employment. i am going to be sensetive to those ppl because i understand the economis crisis YOUR country is going through.

but you as an american you should be ashamed of yourself. sitting on your high horse and ridiculing ppl who have no jobs with in your own country. its a shame americans dont even feel for americans.

but i do infact feel for the american ppl forced to live below standards because its difficult to find jobs in america.

I have 7000 posts on psd. does that mean i am not a succesfull person ? on the contrary my friend if your ever in my city, you get at me homie and you can live in the life of yours trully for a day and judge for yourself.

until then hold your prejudice for someone else. i am a fan like yourself and sticking up for the fans like us. the fact that your attacking me personally should tell you somthing about your own character.

koberulesall
11-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Wow, if only this were true.. You'd be surprised at the amount of people out there who want to work and NEED to work but can't because of the current state of the economy.

then TRY harder I never let the economy effect me

koberulesall
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
i could tell you about the investments I have or the properties I own, but really that would be arrogant of me to do so.

you see you live in the united states and the unemployment rate is at an all time high. so it is fair to asume there are some ppl on this sight that are struggling to find employment. i am going to be sensetive to those ppl because i understand the economis crisis YOUR country is going through.

but you as an american you should be ashamed of yourself. sitting on your high horse and ridiculing ppl who have no jobs with in your own country. its a shame americans dont even feel for americans.

but i do infact feel for the american ppl forced to live below standards because its difficult to find jobs in america.

I have 7000 posts on psd. does that mean i am not a succesfull person ? on the contrary my friend if your ever in my city, you holler at me homie you can live in the life of your trully for a day and judge for yourself.

whatever makes you feel better bud ( I didnt even read your novel you just wrote me either)

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
then TRY harder I never let the economy effect me

lol your view on life is so simple. I love it.

Ill21
11-17-2011, 04:00 PM
What an *******

still a fan
11-17-2011, 04:00 PM

-MR FRENCH

This all depends on what you think MONEY is? Maybe to you $15/hour is money, or is it 250 mil or is it 500 mil per year or higher?

Ever hear of old money? Many people in this world who don't work hard have money?

Is its Daddy's money, or parents money that died or did Daddy set you up in a plush job that you live on the golf course?

How many executives do you see that live on the golf course solely becuase they have very hard working employees that allow them the luxury?

The next thing is being a smart worker vs a hard worker is a totally different story. I've seen the hardest workers, 12 hours a day, yet income barely gets past 50K.

Then I see smart workers that work 1/2 a year relatively and make millions.

I make a nice living, and I work very hard, for my hard work I like to enjoy watching basketball, which Mr Thomas thinks only fans who don't work hard and are jeolous of do?

He was wrong no matter how you look at it, this is not even a question?

It was wrong and stupid.

With his God given talents and based on his peers in the NBA can one say Mr Thomas doesn't work that hard:confused:

Think about it!

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 04:01 PM
whatever makes you feel better bud ( I didnt even read your novel you just wrote me either)

In other words you have nothing of importance to say. .

three paragraphs is a novel to you ? you must be well educated. quality posts your sharing here are soo much better.

and dont call me bud if anything you can call me papi cuz when you quote me i own you every time

tcav701
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM

-MR FRENCH

How hard did Eddy Curry or Areanas work for his money after they got their contracts???

Idiot.

I cant believe that people think owners operating at a loss is not an issue.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 04:10 PM
This all depends on what you think MONEY is? Maybe to you $15/hour is money, or is it 250 mil or is it 500 mil per year or higher?

Ever hear of old money? Many people in this world who don't work hard have money?

Is its Daddy's money, or parents money that died or did Daddy set you up in a plush job that you live on the golf course?

How many executives do you see that live on the golf course solely becuase they have very hard working employees that allow them the luxury?

The next thing is being a smart worker vs a hard worker is a totally different story. I've seen the hardest workers, 12 hours a day, yet income barely gets past 50K.

Then I see smart workers that work 1/2 a year relatively and make millions.

I make a nice living, and I work very hard, for my hard work I like to enjoy watching basketball, which Mr Thomas thinks only fans who don't work hard and are jeolous of do?

He was wrong no matter how you look at it, this is not even a question?

It was wrong and stupid.

With his God given talents and based on his peers in the NBA can one say Mr Thomas doesn't work that hard:confused:

Think about it!

you will own him. he wont read what you have to say. he will asume your not a succesfull person because you have 24000 posts. we are litterally wasting our time talking to him.

Shmontaine
11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
i was there in barcelona in 92 watching DReam team play croatia.

And i saw Pau several times when he was in barcelona too.

oh yep i saw Ewing and barkley at the MSG too when i was in NY.

your proving my point... i'm sorry you can't watch more live nba ball... it sucks, but the fact that you have convinced yourself that the nba is a slave league and the fact that you've convinced yourself that these players would actually consider a mass exodus to europe to 'build' a new league, is laughable and tells me that you have no realistic perspective or real world vision... keep living in your fantasy land, but don't spew your insanely biased opinion as any sort of fact... you can't a have a legitimate conversation because your agenda (nba players to europe) blinds you to the way the real world is...

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
your proving my point... i'm sorry you can't watch more live nba ball... it sucks, but the fact that you have convinced yourself that the nba is a slave league and the fact that you've convinced yourself that these players would actually consider a mass exodus to europe to 'build' a new league, is laughable and tells me that you have no realistic perspective or real world vision... keep living in your fantasy land, but don't spew your insanely biased opinion as any sort of fact... you can't a have a legitimate conversation because your agenda (nba players to europe) blinds you to the way the real world is...

Deal with this, world is globalizing, much faster planes are being developed, in no more than 20 years there will be a WORLD league.
Deal with it.

Btw if you send me 1 dollar ill send you back 0,70 cents of euro.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 04:24 PM

dont be sorry. why should he get too ? does he suport the nba ? no. does he purchase tickets ? no. does he buy the merchandise ? no

does he knock the league every chance he gets ? yes. he doesnt even like the nba ? no but he is here talking about it every day.

if euroleague is soo dam superior then he should just watch that and post in forums that belong to those leagues.

The Embassy
11-17-2011, 04:24 PM
How hard did Eddy Curry or Areanas work for his money after they got their contracts???

Idiot.

I cant believe that people think owners operating at a loss is not an issue.

Lol why would you put "after" instead of before? It doesn't matter what they did after the contract, the contract they got had to do with what they accomplished and what the owners expected from them after. They earned the contracts they got, even if they didn't play up to them afterwards.

zhizhi22
11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
You all realize Tyrus Thomas is a horrible NBA player and should not even be entitled to an opinion. Kid had one good game in the NCAA tournament against Duke and he gets a lucky break. Garbage players(averaging 8 ppg in 5 years) like this show why the NBA players are totally over paid....One more thing, what's going to happen to Tyrus Thomas when he's out of the league in 4 years and has no money to show for it. I'm sure he'll work harder with only a high school diploma and eventually lose everything.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Deal with this, world is globalizing, much faster planes are being developed, in no more than 20 years there will be a WORLD league.
Deal with it.

your theories are still just theories. remember that.

that world league you speak of could very well be the nba. just like how the nba expanded to canada they will expand to europe one day.

i dont see european leagues being rumoured to expand in north america. its the opposite.. you deal with it.

zhizhi22
11-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Have to disagree with you on that one. I'm a huge basketball fan and I believe I do have an opinion because without fans these high school grads would be broke. Also have you ever seen Tyrus Thomas play? Sorry I'm 5'9 and white I wasn't blessed to be African American and be 6'6. I'm sure if I was I'd have a shot at the league too. Call me jealous and I'll laugh because that's not the case. I just know when I see talent and someone with no talent making that kind of money disgusts me.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 04:37 PM
So he isn't entitled to an opinion because he isn't a good nba player? Well he is better off than you, so therefore your opinion is worth even less, correct?

i work for a company. am i entitled to insult our customers ? no! i dont care if your mj or mike james. no ones bigger then the game or the fans.

the fans love the game. the game has become a business because of that. the players and owers bennifit off of this. in no way shape or form should either of them insult the fans ever!

tcav701
11-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Lol why would you put "after" instead of before? It doesn't matter what they did after the contract, the contract they got had to do with what they accomplished and what the owners expected from them after. They earned the contracts they got, even if they didn't play up to them afterwards.

Because that is the issue with the league.

If I work hard my whole life and get a raise and then decide not to show up to work or try, I would be fired and lose my pay. To say we are jealous is rediculous, we dont want our toy...alot of us dont care if the league ever comes back.

TT thinks beacuse he is 6'8 and can jump hes better than us? These guys are out of touch with reality and so are you. I do not for one second believe you have worked hard at anything or you simply would not have the same view on this issue. You are probably some wannabe player or rapper or something gay like that.

And Hellcrooner, enough.

Nobody cares about your delusional alter universe where people give a **** about european basketball. Theres a reason players arent heading over there. I understand you are a natural contrarian that needs attention from a sports forum because you cant pay a european hooker enough to touch you.

ink
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM

Is that an NBA player posting? lol.

I actually think some NBA players think this way. At least that's how they play.

Shmontaine
11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Deal with it.

deal with it!!! lol... okay... and here you go again with your own biased agenda driven rhetoric... any facts??? of course not. any proof?? of course not.. you would like there to be a world league, so you simply state it... good for you...

does this mean the nba players are, or are not going to go to europe to 'build' a NEW league, as you claim??? hmmm, i'll check back later for a new and improved version of your nba globalization plan...

you really don't know what you're talking about...

'faster planes' ... passenger planes have gotten slower in the last 20 years, not faster... any 'new' supersonic planes haven't even been built... even after 15-20 years, there may be only a handful of supersonic passenger planes in the sky, if any, since not one has been built... again, you spew nonsense... and i laugh at you..

deal with it...

thanks for the update on the euro, that's newsbreaking data you share...

The Embassy
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Is that an NBA player posting? lol.

I actually think some NBA players think this way. At least that's how they play.

It's true and you can deny it if you want

zhizhi22
11-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok sure he has physical talent whatever the hell that means. Does physical talent make up for not having any kind of jump shot? I forgot people like you, who don't know the game, just like to see dunks right. Kid can jump, make some noise once a game, sure lets draft him first round give him $20 million right? Your a joke I'm not jealous at all, like I said I'm 5'9, never dreamed of playing in the NBA. Yeah I did say being black and 6'6 drastically increases your chances at making the nba. You see a Jimmer once every 10 years now and its a shame. Throw Tyrus Thomas one on one against Kevin McHale, hell throw him against Vlade Divac and the kid will lose 10 out of 10 times.

Shmontaine
11-17-2011, 04:52 PM

that's ridiculous... players are drafted on potential, and they are given contracts based on what they can potentially do for their team... to say nba contracts are a reward for past performance with no expectation of future performance is exactly what's wrong with your statement...

EC was given that huge contract by new york because Isiah Thomas thought he would produce more as a number 1 guy... and eddy let him down... TT was drafted on potential, signed his new contract on potential... not for what he actually accomplished...

The Embassy
11-17-2011, 04:55 PM
that's ridiculous... players are drafted on potential, and they are given contracts based on what they can potentially do for their team... to say nba contracts are a reward for past performance with no expectation of future performance is exactly what's wrong with your statement...

EC was given that huge contract by new york because Isiah Thomas thought he would produce more as a number 1 guy... and eddy let him down... TT was drafted on potential, signed his new contract on potential... not for what he actually accomplished...

No he made a point about eddy curry and arenas contracts, those WEREN'T rookie contracts, but the contracts they received after performing in the league. You second paragraph proves my point. Eddy got the contract for what he had accomplished which led isiah to believe he could do more. Just because he didn't live up to it, doesn't mean he didn't deserve it.

what an intellegent thing to say.

so you think the employees or the product or service of a company is above its customers ?

get informed.

Yes the nba players are above the fans. Professional athletes are above the fans.

zhizhi22
11-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Listen I'm not racist. I'm sick of hearing these guys complain about money when they play basketball for a living. They are all over paid. If the league was all white I'd say the same exact things. If tyrus thomas was white I'd say the same exact things. I look at the game how it's supposed to be played and I rarely see that in the NBA. If your going to pay these guys that much money atleast make sure the ones that can actually play get it.

tcav701
11-17-2011, 05:01 PM
No he made a point about eddy curry and arenas contracts, those WEREN'T rookie contracts, but the contracts they received after performing in the league. You second paragraph proves my point. Eddy got the contract for what he had accomplished which led isiah to believe he could do more. Just because he didn't live up to it, doesn't mean he didn't deserve it.

Yes the nba players are above the fans. Professional athletes are above the fans.

They were paid for the prior years and were given the contract for future years. Players not living up to their contracts are the reason so many owners were losing money and unable to sign free agents.

And the players above the fans??

Either you are someone who thinks they are gonna make the NBA, which you arent or you are a mindless dick rider. I bet many people dont like you in real life.

Shmontaine
11-17-2011, 05:01 PM

actually, that's exactly what it means.... unless you don't put any blame on EC for falling out of shape, not caring enough to try... that's probably Isiah's fault...

The Embassy
11-17-2011, 05:06 PM
actually, that's exactly what it means.... unless you don't put any blame on EC for falling out of shape, not caring enough to try... that's probably Isiah's fault...

He got the contract from what he did in the past, and actually did exceed what he did in the past for a year or so, everything else doesn't matter.

ink
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
It's true and you can deny it if you want

Oh, there's no doubt that an NBA player might think this way. But the rest of the world earns their contract AFTER signing it. Funny that ...

I think you need to make the distinction between earning their SALARY LEVEL (play before) and earning their CONTRACT (play after).

A player might MERIT a salary level based on other players with similar stats and productivity. That will get them their salary.

But the onus is ALWAYS on a signee of ANY contract to deliver the terms promised in the contract. The terms of the contract are guaranteed going FORWARD not back. They have to deliver for the full term of the contract.

The Embassy
11-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh, there's no doubt that an NBA player might think this way. But the rest of the world earns their contract AFTER signing it.

Actually that isn't true, think about government contracts.

Rego247
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Seriously guys don't feed the troll.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Lol nobody is getting owned, stop it boy. I've read RESPONSES(the correct spelling). Just because you've learned stuff doesn't mean i don't already know it, smarten up nas. Im not on the fanatics side because i actually enjoy my life and dont try to tear down others because they make more than me. I don't think anyone is overpaid anywhere, they were just more fortunate than me and good for them, i wish them the best. Sorry but not everyone is equal, that's what's wrong with the world and specifically this country. Can't even play tag at schools because it is unfair to the slower kids, can't even have a sports league without every team and players getting trophies. It's ridiculous.

what do any of my posts have to do with what side either of us are on in tersm of the cba negotiations?

when did i tear down others because they make more then me ? how do you know how much i make ? what do you know about me to make that assumption ?

are you in the right thread ? this thread is about thomas and his insult to fans. your head is soo far up players ***** that you dont seem to mind when ONE of them insults you.

i havent made a single comment in regard to the labour talks in this thread.

thanks for the spelling correction. atleast your capable of pointing out where im wrong. but if thomas tells you that your jealous and dont work hard you bend over

Rego247
11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
what do any of my posts have to do with what side either of us are on in tersm of the cba negotiations?

when did i tear down others because they make more then me ? how do you know how much i make ? what do you know about me to make that assumption ?

are you in the right thread ? this thread is about thomas and his insult to fans. your head is soo far up players ***** that you dont seem to mind when ONE of them insults you.

what do you even know about my opion on the labour talks to asume that im on the players side ? i havent made a single comment in regard to the labour talks in this thread.

He mad bro.

gotoHcarolina52
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Tyrus Thomas is a douche.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 05:32 PM

so entertainers are above theyre fans ? hmmm i wish modonna would say that to her fans. oh wait but then no one will buy her album. i guess thomas wont have to worry about that. no one buys his jersey anyways.

smith&wesson
11-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Seriously guys don't feed the troll.

your right boss

GiantsSwaGG
11-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Why is he still in the league?

ClippersE.G
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM

Cause he works harder than us.

:rolleyes:

kgformvp21
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
A. who the heck is tyrus thomas? didnt he play for the bulls or something? hmm anywhoo! He must not be working to hard if he has time to tweet or whatever he did these kinds of things. Tryus Thomas is a fool, that probly 99% percrent of the people in america dont know who he is.. This my friends is the new 99%, lets occupy his house!

ChiSoxJuan
11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I will give you the story of TT since it both implicates how hit/miss the draft really is & how crappy TT is. TT's best game of his career still remains gm 1 vs the Celtics in rd 1 of the playoffs a few yr's back. None of his other performances carried that much weight against a quality opponent in a game of that importance.

TT was characterized by the Bulls as both careless & undisciplined. He routinely blew assignments & even with his God given talent on defense he was often late on help schemes. At times he would have games that made you believe he was a better pick than Aldridge but those times were few & far between. He was traded to Charlotte for a conditional 1st rd pick. At Charlotte he became the main post player so his #'s did improve, but his carelessness & undisciplined play did not. He got hurt in Mar & with him went any hope of the Bobcats making the playoffs.

The Bulls chose Thomas over the perennial all-star Aldridge yrs back. Yes, they could've had Aldridge but then they probably never become a lottery team & gain the opportunity to draft Rose. It's funny how those things work themselves out over time.

If Thomas thinks all NBA fans sit at home watching Pimp My Ride on MTV & pump their fists when they hear "biatches" then sure "rubbing his athletic success as an NBA player in the faces of NBA fans" might be an effective marketing strategy. Sadly, Thomas might actually believe that is the case. For the rest of us who actually exercise our brains with both education & puzzles, that clearly is not the case. NBA fans are as diverse as they come in both race & age & odds are the over 40 crowd think Thomas is an arrogant SOB who has always thought he was a better player than he actually is.

CityofTreez
11-17-2011, 06:24 PM

So we can laugh at how the Chicago Bulls traded LaMarcus Aldridge for him and Viktor Crapapapa.

emau5
11-17-2011, 06:27 PM
to quote my friend

"Well its billionaires vs millionaires , I don't give a ****, and I'm just as big a basketball fan as the next guy. NCAA has some great ball! Pangos , what? and as far as "work harder" haha that's a joke. I respect what all NBA players have had to do to make it where they are but there are DOCTORS out there working harder than he ever will, saving LIVES , who make less. Hand.**********.Clap mr.thomas.."

ChiSoxJuan
11-17-2011, 06:51 PM
For the foreigners reading this thread, the main reason America is in the shithole it finds itself in has little to do with Wall Street, homeowners who decided to use housing market as a get quick rich scheme, or any other small % influence. The main reason is simply that govt policies at both the federal & local levels drove up labor costs & technological advancements made it easier to move production overseas.

Jobs are not coming back to America until govt policies get serious about driving labor costs down. More jobs, less pay. There is no other way. Fantasyland does not exist in the real world.

This is similar to the NBA argument. The anarchists weighing in are essentially arguing for highest labor costs, fewer jobs. That's weigh they are contraction fans though some make an insensible argument to expand rosters on fewer teams to save jobs. The rest of argue that it's in the NBA's best interest to grow jobs through expansion into MX, CA, & SA over the next 20 yrs. To do that you must keep a tight control on labor costs. Every effective business must have both quality assurance and cost containment.

Giraffes Rule
11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Is Tyrus Thomas aware that the contract he was given was based on his athleticism (natural talent) and potential? He sure as hell isn't overpayed because of what he has done in the past, because he's never performed at a level that would justify his salary.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 07:27 PM
For the foreigners reading this thread, the main reason America is in the shithole it finds itself in has little to do with Wall Street, homeowners who decided to use housing market as a get quick rich scheme, or any other small % influence. The main reason is simply that govt policies at both the federal & local levels drove up labor costs & technological advancements made it easier to move production overseas.

Jobs are not coming back to America until govt policies get serious about driving labor costs down. More jobs, less pay. There is no other way. Fantasyland does not exist in the real world.

This is similar to the NBA argument. The anarchists weighing in are essentially arguing for highest labor costs, fewer jobs. That's weigh they are contraction fans though some make an insensible argument to expand rosters on fewer teams to save jobs. The rest of argue that it's in the NBA's best interest to grow jobs through expansion into MX, CA, & SA over the next 20 yrs. To do that you must keep a tight control on labor costs. Every effective business must have both quality assurance and cost containment.

You are a republican.
Why im not surprised?

You know how to compete against cheaper ( SLAVE) working salarys of chinese?

TAXING THE HELL OUT OF CHINESE PRODUCT.

AND CHASING like a mad dog any unpatriotic American ( european in my case) bussines that tries to take their production out of the country, taxing him for doing so and even removing wichever govenrment contracts they have with him.

blahblahyoutoo
11-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Owners are going to try and extract as much money from fans as possible. You think after the owners get 7-10% of the BRI back that prices are coming down? That money is going some where and the only place it isn't going is back to the fans.

where did i say that?
all i said was that the owners are going to get theirs one way or another.

they may not lower ticket prices (although it's happened before in pro sports), but there's a better likelihood that they wont' raise prices if they're profitable.

what's almost guaranteed however is that if they're losing money, overpaying players, etc., prices will go up.

blahblahyoutoo
11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
You are a republican.
Why im not surprised?

You know how to compete against cheaper ( SLAVE) working salarys of chinese?

TAXING THE HELL OUT OF CHINESE PRODUCT.

AND CHASING like a mad dog any unpatriotic American ( european in my case) bussines that tries to take their production out of the country, taxing him for doing so and even removing wichever govenrment contracts they have with him.

you are advocating protectionism LMAO.
you've lost all credibility. go read a book.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2011, 09:45 PM
you are advocating protectionism LMAO.
you've lost all credibility. go read a book.

iv read quite a few, no banned books on our libraries btw.

And im advocating for not making bussines with coutnrys that base their dumping economical situation in a dictatorship and/or the constatn violation of human rights.

mmmmm btw thats exactly the reason why that bearded mans who is matuzalem old and likes smoking big cigars island has been blocked for 50 years and usa does not deal with them....

albertc86
11-17-2011, 10:16 PM

This.

ChiSoxJuan
11-17-2011, 11:29 PM
You are a republican. Why im not surprised?
You assume a lot & once again you are wrong. I am an indep because I am not an idealogue.

In general I believe America is going to have to swallow the bitter pill of lower labor costs and lower wages to produce jobs, but that does not mean I will rule out taxing profits. I do not believe in tariffs on trade as you suggest. That form of protectionism has never worked & tends to marginalize a nation's marketplace. There is plenty of history around the world showing a strong link to protectionism and hyper inflation. That's why protectionism usually leads to govt's trying to establish pricing. It's a dominoe effect that ultimately moves a nation away from free market principles.

Taxing profits is different. Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc. are making large profits off of imported goods here. Since they do not factor into production themselves & can not threaten jobs here, they are the ideal targets for taxing profits. So I would advocate additional retail taxes & use that revenue to help lower healtcare costs. Likewise taxing profits of entertainment companies like the NBA, & the other majors as well as cable & subscription TV providers is par for the course. They have to be scaled in though so that data can be compiled to see how it impacts pricing in those sectors. Any additional taxes of this nature must be guarded against to insure they do not spark hyper inflation.

I am no fan of Obamacare as it is just another radically socialist ploy to gain further control over our lives, but I do believe in govt pressure on the industry to lower costs both on the malpractice & general insurance sectors. Both medicare & medicaid give the govt substantial wilforce over the healthcare industry without needing a fascist instrument like Obamacare.

As an indep my ideology is closer assoc with libertarianism than anything else.

mats13--
11-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Haha hilarious how the players think they are getting a "bad deal", it is so simple yet they are to arrogant see it. Currently NBA players have a higher avg (guarenteed) salary then nfl and even mlb players, yet their league is by far in the worst financial situation out of any of them. one would assume its common sense but i guess not

the nba is in a way worse situation than the nhl was (pre lockout), and the nba players aren't being asked to give up nearly as much as nhl players did.

my personal favorite line is when the players say this is supposed to be negotiation, and the definition of negotiation is both sides giving something up - actually guys you may want to check that definition - it actually means having a dialogue and presenting each of your views to reach a fair conclusion (it has nothing do with both sides giving **** up, if one side is making millions, and the other side is loosing hundreds of millions it is clear what needs to happen)

that statement by tyrus thomas makes me hate all the nba players more then I already do. I personally find it very sad that you haven't heard one nba player mention anything about all the nba/arena/team workers (who aren't millionaires) that are loosing their jobs. These men are clearly the most arrogant ignorant individuals, and each needs a good hard slap.

NY007
11-17-2011, 11:50 PM
The fans are being selfish? Really you guys agree with that? You disgust me.. What about the fans who pay their hard earned money for season tickets? What about all the people who work in and for the arenas who have lost their jobs? Yea screw the average people.. The people who agree with that statement really need to open up their ****ing eyes. You should be disgusted with yourself.

spreadeagle
11-18-2011, 01:00 AM
ive been killin this dude on Twitter and he msged me back "Thanks!" u guys should go in on him lol what an ***

itsripcity32
11-18-2011, 01:11 AM
The fans are being selfish? Really you guys agree with that? You disgust me.. What about the fans who pay their hard earned money for season tickets? What about all the people who work in and for the arenas who have lost their jobs? Yea screw the average people.. The people who agree with that statement really need to open up their ****ing eyes. You should be disgusted with yourself.

this

LongIslandIcedZ
11-18-2011, 01:46 PM

The logic behind it is that all fans care about is a deal getting done even if it isnt in the best interest of the players. That is why the fans are being selfish. I'm on the side of the owners and hope the players get the worst deal possible for not accepting the previous one, but the logic of TT is saying is right on target. Having said that, I dont know how much Thomas makes per year, but he can afford to support his family no questions asked.

smith&wesson
11-18-2011, 02:52 PM
The logic behind it is that all fans care about is a deal getting done even if it isnt in the best interest of the players. That is why the fans are being selfish. I'm on the side of the owners and hope the players get the worst deal possible for not accepting the previous one, but the logic of TT is saying is right on target. Having said that, I dont know how much Thomas makes per year, but he can afford to support his family no questions asked.

Thats not what his post was about. and that is not what this thread is about.

this thread is about thomas stating " jealous fans, work harder" it is an insult. an ignorant statement.

how can all fans be asumed to be selfish ? how are all fans asumed to be aligned with the owners ? how can all fans care about is for a deal to be in place ?

what if your a laker fan, would you still be in favour of a hard cap ? no!

its ignorant for him to asume and to go on and insult the ppl who suport his franchise, his company that he works for. clients of the business he is paid by.

im not attacking ALL players here. im saying straight up it is ignorant for any one who disrespects the client base of the company they work for. in any business, even the entertainment industry. you dont insult the ppl you are selling your product or service too.

can a singer tell his/her fans that they dont work hard and are jealous ? how about an actor ? why is is it different for a sports entertainer ? its not. this is one case of one ****** who has no filter on his mouth. there are 449 other players who havent disrespected fans. so im not saying they are all wrong. but in this case, thomas is really really wrong. and im sure his agent has aproached him by now and told him to shut his trap for his own careers sake.

rapjuicer06
11-18-2011, 03:57 PM
**** this douche

NY007
11-19-2011, 11:06 AM

**** that, what he said is a real slap in the face to the average person. **** him, he's a douche bag.

effen5
11-19-2011, 11:19 AM
**** that, what he said is a real slap in the face to the average person. **** him, he's a douche bag.

How hilarious would it be if he blew all his money and went bankrupt in 5 years.

Missing56&33
11-19-2011, 11:52 AM
He's wrong for making a comment like that. The fans are the reason they make so much money in the first place. Without the fans , the're just street ball players, playin for bragging rights.

ink
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM
It's not like he's alone in that kind of (non) thinking. Can someone explain to me how people jump to the conclusion that if you disagree with them or dislike what they're doing, you're somehow jealous?

Sounds pretty self-serving Tyrus.

:pity:

Oldmantrash
11-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Great post. Agree 100%

ink
11-19-2011, 01:32 PM
I bet Tyrus (like the majority of players) didn't read the proposed deal and instead voted on ignorance, pride, and emotion. Ignorance because we know the flow of information was terrible on the part of player reps; pride because we know these guys have been conditioned all their lives to be the favoured ones and they can't accept no for an answer; and emotion because that's how they're conditioned to deal with adversity.

Tony_Starks
11-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I can kind of understand what he's saying. Not the "work harder" part, that is a bit harsh. But there are fans that act like the players should almost be apologetic that they are making more than a Doctor. These boards are filled with them................

ink
11-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I can kind of understand what he's saying. Not the "work harder" part, that is a bit harsh. But there are fans that act like the players should almost be apologetic that they are making more than a Doctor. These boards are filled with them................

You know, I've read his tweets and re-read them and I'm still just trying to figure out WTF he's talking about. Are you sure that's what HE'S saying?

ziglur
11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Most nba players arent smart enough to be jealous of. Just look at some of the things Hunter says. It just shows what the owners are dealing with. And hes leading the players. I hope the owners start a new league. Start from scratch! Cut the salaries to a heart surgeons pay scale. And quit giving these guys whatever they want. The players dont care about fans. They dont care if some owners go broke. They dont care that all teams can compete which would make it a better league. The top players are ruining the league, they dont have much to lose they can make millions playing overseas while the average player suffers. They dont care about them either. The players care only about themselves!! As far as Tyrus goes, he needs to practice and work. Hes not playing up th his potential. Course thats hard to do when your being overpaid. Nothing really to work hard for.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM

#7 NBA players have to destroy their bodies and joints through hard work and a missuse of medication to entertain you as a fan

#8 NBA players have a job that will support them till theyre in the mid 30s, after that theyre out of profession and left stranded.( not every player can become a coach or nba-journalist), which means they have to make as much as they can while they can.

#9 most people complain about the inequality and unfairness of big corporations and their owners and gms that make millions of dollars and increase their salaries while running their businnes into bankruptcy, while lower-end workers have to be fired or have their salaries cut, now here are some dudes doing sth against it, telling their owners and gms they cant maladminister their clubs or corporations and make their employees suffer from it and everybody complains again.

JEDean89
11-19-2011, 03:42 PM
the fans are not being selfish, no matter what the players or the owners think we are the ones that make this game great. we are also the ones who are in masses ceasing to care about the nba and turning to other sports. tyrus and the fans must also understand that the BRI was pretty much agreed to at 50% but the system issues is what stopped the players from taking it to a vote. when you are broke a few years after leaving the league tyrus, we will all be laughing at you.

JEDean89
11-19-2011, 03:48 PM
lol at #8 rabzouz, the average nba player's career is 5 years, not 15, it tends to take them to their late 20's unless they are really good. however in the 5 years span they make more money then entire families do in their lifetime. i do not feel sympathy for the players, they always wine and make stupid comments about their money and they feel they are entitled to all the profit and them some. guess what though players? you couldn't have been any stupider this lockout, going the decert route in november is 10 5 dumb negotiating tactics. the players play bball, that's it, they are all terrible at PR and at business, the ones who are lucky enough to surround themselves with good advisers hold on to their money, the ones that don't go broke. i do not defend people who make 10X more money in 1 game then I make in a year, i don't know why you do either unless you yourself directly benefit from the players wealth. i love the NBA and it can't stay around if the owners aren't making profit. without a deal that gives more owners the chance to compete and make a profit the nba would crash and burn and we'd be stuck with these ridiculous pickup games for eternity.

NokomisLiving
11-19-2011, 03:52 PM
#7 NBA players have to destroy their bodies and joints through hard work and a missuse of medication to entertain you as a fan

#8 NBA players have a job that will support them till theyre in the mid 30s, after that theyre out of profession and left stranded.( not every player can become a coach or nba-journalist), which means they have to make as much as they can while they can.

#9 most people complain about the inequality and unfairness of big corporations and their owners and gms that make millions of dollars and increase their salaries while running their businnes into bankruptcy, while lower-end workers have to be fired or have their salaries cut, now here are some dudes doing sth against it, telling their owners and gms they cant maladminister their clubs or corporations and make their employees suffer from it and everybody complains again.

Basketball is a physical activity, which has risks of injury. I've been hurt playing before, and I play because I love the game and is a hobby of mine. I wouldn't expect someone to feel sorry for me because I'm doing something that I love to do and will continue to do even though there are risks involved. I would hope the players want to play knowing the risks because they love the game, and not because they HAVE to because we, as fans, want to be entertained.

Players have a job that will support them for the rest of their lives, and possibly future generations of family. Forming a budget, getting out of debt, having funds for emergencies, saving, and investing the millions of dollars they earn will not leave them stranded. They have the means to be secure for life, for them and their families.

itsripcity32
11-19-2011, 03:53 PM

7. they dont have to do anything. it's their choice. how bout they go graduate from harvard and become doctors? they will certainly be making more money by being doctors.. NOT. also, nba injuries are nothing compared to the ones you get in football.

8. support them till their mid 30s? where is your sources? don't make **** up. the players that lose their money during the mid 30s are the ones who spent unwisely. and bro, the average nba player probably makes more money in a year than your whole family combined.

9. dude learn to use periods. you dont make sense

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 04:14 PM
lol at #8 rabzouz, the average nba player's career is 5 years, not 15, it tends to take them to their late 20's unless they are really good. however in the 5 years span they make more money then entire families do in their lifetime. i do not feel sympathy for the players, they always wine and make stupid comments about their money and they feel they are entitled to all the profit and them some. guess what though players? you couldn't have been any stupider this lockout, going the decert route in november is 10 5 dumb negotiating tactics. the players play bball, that's it, they are all terrible at PR and at business, the ones who are lucky enough to surround themselves with good advisers hold on to their money, the ones that don't go broke. i do not defend people who make 10X more money in 1 game then I make in a year, i don't know why you do either unless you yourself directly benefit from the players wealth. i love the NBA and it can't stay around if the owners aren't making profit. without a deal that gives more owners the chance to compete and make a profit the nba would crash and burn and we'd be stuck with these ridiculous pickup games for eternity.

well if its 5 years its even worse. a job with a perspective of staying employed for a duration of 5-10 years and being left with nothing afterwards, because you have no qualifications or internships, no history of work for other jobs. of course you gotta earn big bucks in that job and it doesnt matter to me what they do with their money, its their business.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Basketball is a physical activity, which has risks of injury. I've been hurt playing before, and I play because I love the game and is a hobby of mine. I wouldn't expect someone to feel sorry for me because I'm doing something that I love to do and will continue to do even though there are risks involved. I would hope the players want to play knowing the risks because they love the game, and not because they HAVE to because we, as fans, want to be entertained.

Players have a job that will support them for the rest of their lives, and possibly future generations of family. Forming a budget, getting out of debt, having funds for emergencies, saving, and investing the millions of dollars they earn will not leave them stranded. They have the means to be secure for life, for them and their families.

you playing hurt in your free time has absolutely nothing to do with a pro athlete doing his sport as a profession.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 04:25 PM
7. they dont have to do anything. it's their choice. how bout they go graduate from harvard and become doctors? they will certainly be making more money by being doctors.. NOT. also, nba injuries are nothing compared to the ones you get in football.

8. support them till their mid 30s? where is your sources? don't make **** up. the players that lose their money during the mid 30s are the ones who spent unwisely. and bro, the average nba player probably makes more money in a year than your whole family combined.

9. dude learn to use periods. you dont make sense

not everybody has the brain to become an oncologist and earn millions throuhg that way. you wanna hate on them because they had some physical gifts and didnt need to become plumbers?
oh, why dont football players become doctors or nba-players then... NOT

who talked about losing money, i just said they dont receive nba-paychecks after their short career, so they no longer have this income. and they dont have much to show in their cvs to apply for other good jobs.

ok.

NokomisLiving
11-19-2011, 04:29 PM
you playing hurt in your free time has absolutely nothing to do with a pro athlete doing his sport as a profession.

The point is doing any physical activity there is a chance to be injured, professional or not. Am I supposed to feel apathetic if someone sprains an ankle or jams a finger? I don't think so, they are competing at the highest level and getting compensated for it. Their compensation is also reflected not only by the talent they posses, but also the risks they take on. I think getting paid millions is more than fair.
I don't think they really should be idolized and seen as making some sort of great sacrifice because they are playing a GAME with a slight chance of being injured.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 04:36 PM
The point is doing any physical activity there is a chance to be injured, professional or not. Am I supposed to feel apathetic if someone sprains an ankle or jams a finger? I don't think so, they are competing at the highest level and getting compensated for it. Their compensation is also reflected not only by the talent they posses, but also the risks they take on. I think getting paid millions is more than fair.
I don't think they really should be idolized and seen as making some sort of great sacrifice because they are playing a GAME with a slight chance of being injured.

who talks about ankle sprains and pinkyjams? i talk about losing knee cartilage, destroying spinal disks, injecting some substances with supposed long term damages and so on, not the stuff from playing on weekends in your neighbourhood. and yeah, getting paid millions is fair, thats what i say. i dont idolize em, nor do i see this as a great sacrifice, i just say that playing in the nba is a serious job with downsides to it and that players have their rights to demand for some rights as well and dont have to let their bosses make the major money from them destroying their bodies.

NokomisLiving
11-19-2011, 04:53 PM
who talks about ankle sprains and pinkyjams? i talk about losing knee cartilage, destroying spinal disks, injecting some substances with supposed long term damages and so on. and yeah, getting paid millions is fair, thats what i say. i dont idolize em, nor do i see this as a great sacrifice, i just say that playing in the nba is a serious job with downsides to it and that players have their rights to demand for some rights as well.

I see what you mean, and I get now where you were going. That makes sense. I guess to me, you made it sound like a "Poor them" situation. I just have a hard time feeling sorry for them at all. I don't feel sorry for either side in this argument.

They do have rights, and as of now they are executing them, otherwise there wouldn't any anti-trust law suits and lockouts. Just because they have the right to fight for it does not mean they are actually deserved it, or will get it.( Money or otherwise)

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I see what you mean, and I get now where you were going. That makes sense. I guess to me, you made it sound like a "Poor them" situation. I just have a hard time feeling sorry for them at all. I don't feel sorry for either side in this argument.

They do have rights, and as of now they are executing them, otherwise there wouldn't any anti-trust law suits and lockouts. Just because they have the right to fight for it does not mean they are actually deserved it, or will get it.( Money or otherwise)

neither do i, i dont feel sorry for either side as well, although i do sympathize with the players to a certain degree, because i think that most of the organizations are terribly run by their gms( and therefore owners who hire/fire them) and can blame themselves for not making profit with those horrible management decisions, but i couldnt care less who wins.

SportsAndrew25
11-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Frankly. I do not care who is right or wrong in this situation. **** both the players and the owners. This lockout is making me sick. I want to see my Knicks play. :mad:

itsripcity32
11-19-2011, 06:30 PM
not everybody has the brain to become an oncologist and earn millions throuhg that way. you wanna hate on them because they had some physical gifts and didnt need to become plumbers?
oh, why dont football players become doctors or nba-players then... NOT

who talked about losing money, i just said they dont receive nba-paychecks after their short career, so they no longer have this income. and they dont have much to show in their cvs to apply for other good jobs.

ok.

dude you're just changing the subject. originally, you were making it sound like they were forced to play basketball. i never said anything about hating them for their physical gifts? why would i watch sports in the first place if i did? what are you even talking about now?

so what if they don't receive anymore paychecks. you really think the retired nba players who are coaching or analyzing games are doing it for the money? no silly! they didn't have to skip college? they could have stayed in school and got a degree and then struggle to find regular jobs afterwards. and for those players making millions a year, do you really think they don't have enough money to support their families in the future? how often do you hear a former nba player being bankrupt?

if they want paychecks, then tell them to go to school or just become a plumber like you were referring to. but you know what? they dont need to! cus they already got the dough! they get much more dough throughout their short careers than your whole family would for their long careers!

DoMeFavors
11-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Frankly. I do not care who is right or wrong in this situation. **** both the players and the owners. This lockout is making me sick. I want to see my Knicks play. :mad:

I hate the Knicks but would watch them just so I can see basketball back.

THE MTL
11-19-2011, 07:06 PM
He's right, but Tyrus Thomas is the last one who should be talking. He is only in the league cause of his athleticism. Seriously, the guy would not be in the D-League without his god-given talent.

JB0B0
11-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Hes right about working hard but lets not forget that even though you might work hard you were blessed or born with athletic talent.

Sure but who, ultimately, is paying the players? The fans that go to games and buy merchandise.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 07:23 PM
dude you're just changing the subject. originally, you were making it sound like they were forced to play basketball. i never said anything about hating them for their physical gifts? why would i watch sports in the first place if i did? what are you even talking about now?

so what if they don't receive anymore paychecks. you really think the retired nba players who are coaching or analyzing games are doing it for the money? no silly! they didn't have to skip college? they could have stayed in school and got a degree and then struggle to find regular jobs afterwards. and for those players making millions a year, do you really think they don't have enough money to support their families in the future? how often do you hear a former nba player being bankrupt?

if they want paychecks, then tell them to go to school or just become a plumber like you were referring to. but you know what? they dont need to! cus they already got the dough! they get much more dough throughout their short careers than your whole family would for their long careers!

the **** are you talking about, why would anybody be forced to play basketball?
the point was that being a basketball player or sports pro in genereal has its disadvantages as well, which is why they make a hell lot of money and that they have every right to lockout if they feel the owners take advantage of them and dont have to just accept every change of workconditions because some fat lard on psd who doesnt even think they have a real job wants to see them play.
dunno what you are gibbering about in the rest of the post, but youre not really making any point.

still a fan
11-19-2011, 08:16 PM
players have a right to a lockout just like the Verizon union workers went on strike recently, does that make them right however?

How can anyone feel bad for a BB player because he may only have a 5 year career?

Really? the average player makes 5.8 mil per yr so if its 5 yr's then thats 29 mil over a 5yr period, please let me know that the average fan makes 29 mil over a 50 year career?

So quick math tells me that $580,000 per yr for 50 years, are you kidding me with this argument?

The average American makes what 40,000 if they are lucky? So in 725 years the average american can make what the average NBA player makes in 5???

Wow, is this really a discussion?

Just a note, how about that poor NBA player who only gets to play BB for 5 years goes and earns a real job...........what a concept.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 09:23 PM
i dont feel sorry for the players, nor do i think theyre poor nor do i really think its fair for an idiot who prolly wouldnt get through school without the ability to ball to make as much money.
but im really fed up with some lazy underpaid fans who claim that pro athlete isnt a real job and that they should shut up and play because they earn more than usual anyways and have the perfect dream job. but since a whole lot of money is created in the businness and has to go into somebodies pockets i do think that the players deserve their part of the cake, and a major part at that, because i dont think the owners deserve it either.

as i posted in a previous post i think some organizations,rosters,etc. are terribly mismanaged and i dont wonder one bit that certain teams with certain rosters dont create much financial income, and if theyre unable to change that they should be financially forced to either get a new management - or if they fail at doing so properly- a new owner, who actually can get the right personnel to compete to a certain degree and bring a product to the table that appeals to the fans. i know that its the usual process of things in companies that the workers have to take the paycuts first and the gms keep their high wages and all, but i kinda like that the players are trying to do sth against this process to make the boss take cuts from his bad decisions in management hiring and dont let em continue their ways of mismanaging whilethe players have to take cuts(although theyll most likely fail).

dunno why youre riding on the single nba disadvantage points so much, i just wanted to show some downsides that explain the higher wages and why it is a profession and didnt mean that i feel petty for them and they should be handed money for free. most of these dumbtards are deservedly bankrupt after 5 years anyway, so they didnt have much of all their money and pumped it back into the economy.

itsripcity32
11-19-2011, 09:29 PM
the **** are you talking about, why would anybody be forced to play basketball?
the point was that being a basketball player or sports pro in genereal has its disadvantages as well, which is why they make a hell lot of money and that they have every right to lockout if they feel the owners take advantage of them and dont have to just accept every change of workconditions because some fat lard on psd who doesnt even think they have a real job wants to see them play.
dunno what you are gibbering about in the rest of the post, but youre not really making any point.

hey smart one. this is what you said
"7 NBA players have to destroy their bodies and joints through hard work and a missuse of medication to entertain you as a fan."
that doesn't sound like they are being forced to?
why do they have to make a "hell lot of money." why can't everyone make a "hell lot of money?" you're making it sound as if their whole paycheck goes to medical bills, which in fact is absurd.

dude use some periods. i didn't even get the rest of the crap you wrote. how am i not making a point? what doesn't make sense? at least i know how to make a grammatically correct sentence. just saying. how bout you go tell them to go back to college, since being a basketball player in the nba results in such unfair treatment.

and you were talking about them needing more paychecks in the future because? they have a hella lot more money than your entire family?

still a fan
11-19-2011, 09:36 PM
i dont feel sorry for the players, nor do i think theyre poor nor do i really think its fair for an idiot who prolly wouldnt get through school without the ability to ball to make as much money.
but im really fed up with some lazy underpaid fans who claim that pro athlete isnt a real job and that they should shut up and play because they earn more than usual anyways and have the perfect dream job. but since a whole lot of money is created in the businness and has to go into somebodies pockets i do think that the players deserve their part of the cake, and a major part at that, because i dont think the owners deserve it either.

as i posted in a previous post i think some organizations,rosters,etc. are terribly mismanaged and i dont wonder one bit that certain teams with certain rosters dont create much financial income, and if theyre unable to change that they should be financially forced to either get a new management - or if they fail at doing so properly- a new owner, who actually can get the right personnel to compete to a certain degree and bring a product to the table that appeals to the fans. i know that its the usual process of things in companies that the workers have to take the paycuts first and the gms keep their high wages and all, but i kinda like that the players are trying to do sth against this process to make the boss take cuts from his bad decisions in management hiring(although theyll most likely fail).

dunno why youre riding on the single nba disadvantage points so much, i just wanted to show some downsides that explain the higher wages and why it is a profession and didnt mean that i feel petty for them and they should be handed money for free. most of these dumbtards are deservedly bankrupt after 5 years anyway, so they didnt have much of all their money and pumped it back into the economy.

I'm trying to understand your argument but can't?

In the film industry stars make tons of money for one film, but the director sets salaries based on projections, economy etc....how many actors walked away simply to be sorry because the film became a big success and that actor or actress got replace with the second, third or even fourth choice?

I agree it is a job, just because its a hobby for fans doesn't mean its not a job for these guys', and like any job they chose it, I chose my job and you chose yours.

If I'm not happy I can walk away, but the saying goes be careful the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Players are still the employees and the owners are still the owners, unions are unions and negotiations happen all the time, its the very good representatives from both sides who can come to agreements,

To me get rid of Hunter, Fisher, Stern and start fresh. Ego's aside they are not that far apart.

I'd like to see each item the owners put forth the players don't like put to a vote by all 450 NBA players.

It would be telling in this secret vote how it turns out. Seems to me 50 players are controlling 450 players lives, and thats just wrong.

All other unions in any field put everything to a majority vote, we have yet to see that.

Question, are the agents and Hunter scared of the outcome?

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 09:51 PM
hey smart one. this is what you said
"7 NBA players have to destroy their bodies and joints through hard work and a missuse of medication to entertain you as a fan."
that doesn't sound like they are being forced to?
why do they have to make a "hell lot of money." why can't everyone make a "hell lot of money?" you're making it sound as if their whole paycheck goes to medical bills, which in fact is absurd.

dude use some periods. i didn't even get the rest of the crap you wrote. how am i not making a point? what doesn't make sense? at least i know how to make a grammatically correct sentence. just saying. how bout you go tell them to go back to college, since being a basketball player in the nba results in such unfair treatment.

and you were talking about them needing more paychecks in the future because? they have a hella lot more money than your entire family?

i never mentioned one medical bill, and i think anybody with a brain would take it as "in order to play in the nba they have to..."
and not that they personally are forced by some higher force to play there.

and i still dont get what you wanna tell me, correct sentence or not.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm trying to understand your argument but can't?

In the film industry stars make tons of money for one film, but the director sets salaries based on projections, economy etc....how many actors walked away simply to be sorry because the film became a big success and that actor or actress got replace with the second, third or even fourth choice?

I agree it is a job, just because its a hobby for fans doesn't mean its not a job for these guys', and like any job they chose it, I chose my job and you chose yours.

If I'm not happy I can walk away, but the saying goes be careful the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Players are still the employees and the owners are still the owners, unions are unions and negotiations happen all the time, its the very good representatives from both sides who can come to agreements,

To me get rid of Hunter, Fisher, Stern and start fresh. Ego's aside they are not that far apart.

I'd like to see each item the owners put forth the players don't like put to a vote by all 450 NBA players.

It would be telling in this secret vote how it turns out. Seems to me 50 players are controlling 450 players lives, and thats just wrong.

All other unions in any field put everything to a majority vote, we have yet to see that.

Question, are the agents and Hunter scared of the outcome?

hmm, was it that unclear? im trying to write it in cliffs:

- nba players have a job, they train and play on a daily basis

- the nba creates a big amount of money that has to be split among the parties involved

- some teams are making profits, others suffer financially

- imo there are many mismanaged teams(terrible rosters, paying luxury tax without achieving sth., not changing their management,...) that dont have to change their ways if the rules are just changed in disadvantage for the players.

- imo these teams have to be forced financially to manage their teams better or sell it to sb who can do so, since its obviously possible as seen by some teams that do make profit, therefore i dont see why the players have to take cuts that are mandatory by rules, so that owners can keep their teams without having to change much in the way they achieve nothing great.

- yes egos tend to get in the way of things, yes lower players have to suffer much more from that than the players that fight for it, yes they prolly missed the best deal they will get and yes other unions do it differently, but then again, most other unions have much more at stakes then these nba players who have everything in their life secured anyways and thus have a better stand to fight against owners (which may seem ridiculous because they earn much, but so do the owners)

still a fan
11-19-2011, 10:13 PM
hmm, was it that unclear? im trying to write it in cliffs:

- nba players have a job, they train and play on a daily basis

- the nba creates a big amount of money that has to be split among the parties involved

- some teams are making profits, others suffer financially

- imo there are many mismanaged teams(terrible rosters, paying luxury tax without achieving sth., not changing their management,...) that dont have to change their ways if the rules are just changed in disadvantage for the players.

- imo these teams have to be forced to manage their teams better or sell it to sb who can do so, since its obviously possible as seen by some teams that do make profit.

Interesting your blaming the teams 100% and not the system and not where they are located and can't get better because teams like Miami can sign three max contracts and maybe the two best players in the game?

Can a team like Minny have that opportunity? They have made trades and have had cap space but guy's like Lebron did he even give them a thought?

Minny has some nice young talent now, under the current CBA they are sure to lose some of those players, because why? Bad management? Sometimes but a guy like Love may just feel the need for a big market team, more endorsements and more visible in the public eye.

That is what Stern is trying to explaing but fans what to say its the teams sole fault and has nothing to do with the system?

Poor, poor players, they can't just walk away and go to the Knicks or Lakers or Boston???

This needed to happen much sooner but we had to wait for the CBA and players are being controlled by their agents........

figure out why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

rabzouz 96
11-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Interesting your blaming the teams 100% and not the system and not where they are located and can't get better because teams like Miami can sign three max contracts and maybe the two best players in the game?

Can a team like Minny have that opportunity? They have made trades and have had cap space but guy's like Lebron did he even give them a thought?

Minny has some nice young talent now, under the current CBA they are sure to lose some of those players, because why? Bad management? Sometimes but a guy like Love may just feel the need for a big market team, more endorsements and more visible in the public eye.

That is what Stern is trying to explaing but fans what to say its the teams sole fault and has nothing to do with the system?

Poor, poor players, they can't just walk away and go to the Knicks or Lakers or Boston???

This needed to happen much sooner but we had to wait for the CBA and players are being controlled by their agents........

figure out why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yeah i blame the teams. if theyre located in an area that doesnt attract free agents then move to a region that does.

minny surely had a big star and the opportunity to achieve sth some years ago, but they mishandled everything.
gonna be honest here and admit that i cant remember if it was necessary at that time, but they signed garnett to huuuuge deal, that on one hand forced the once promising marbury out of there since he wanted an equal contract to garnett ones which wasnt possible with such a hefty contract for garnett, that restricted them later on from bringing talent around him- maybe their fault, depends on if it was really necessary to pay him as much money at that time.

terrell brandon drama- bad luck

they had garnett and couldnt draft new players for years because the more than inept mchale broke the rules so they lost picks - their fault.

they didnt see the team with garnett was going nowhere and traded him too late for "meh, theyre ok" players - their fault.

mchale proved over and over again how inept he was, and still could stay there for years and years - their fault.

their new gm didnt show much yet, picking an abundance of pgs and one that made it clear he doesnt want or cant play there for quite some time, i think hes quite ridiculed on psd as well, which top tier FA wants to play for such an organization at that point of time?- their fault.

and i dont see anything that can be changed in the rules to make minny a big market with large endorsements, he will never receive the same money from marketing companies, will never receive the same exposure as in the big cities like ny or la, if he strives for that he will go there with new rules implemented or not. you can just forbid him to make an equal amount of money on another team, but thats unfair to other small market teams that wants to sign free agents and will make more players declare that they dont wanna be drafted by certain teams.

now i dont think the rules are perfect the way they are and you might prolly be right with what you say, that the system needs a change, but i wanna see sth that forces bad owners to change sth. as well and not only restrict players salaries.
now i might be not up to par, and ill take it back if this is wrong, but if i recall it correctly the owners didnt even have to reveal the accurate income or loss from their teams and on what it was spent and players were suspicious that they didnt lose nearly as much as they claimed - i wouldnt allow cuts to my salaries in that case as well.

still a fan
11-19-2011, 11:04 PM
yeah i blame the teams. if theyre located in an area that doesnt attract free agents then move to a region that does.

minny surely had a big star and the opportunity to achieve sth some years ago, but they mishandled everything.
gonna be honest here and admit that i cant remember if it was necessary at that time, but they signed garnett to huuuuge deal, that on one hand forced the once promising marbury out of there since he wanted an equal contract to garnett ones which wasnt possible with such a hefty contract for garnett, that restricted them later on from bringing talent around him- maybe their fault, depends on if it was really necessary to pay him as much money at that time.

terrell brandon drama- bad luck

they had garnett and couldnt draft new players for years because the more than inept mchale broke the rules so they lost picks - their fault.

they didnt see the team with garnett was going nowhere and traded him too late for "meh, theyre ok" players - their fault.

mchale proved over and over again how inept he was, and still could stay there for years and years - their fault.

their new gm didnt show much yet, picking an abundance of pgs and one that made it clear he doesnt want or cant play there for quite some time, i think hes quite ridiculed on psd as well, which top tier FA wants to play for such an organization at that point of time?- their fault.

and i dont see anything that can be changed in the rules to make minny a big market with large endorsements, he will never receive the same money from marketing companies, will never receive the same exposure as in the big cities like ny or la, if he strives for that he will go there with new rules implemented or not. you can just forbid him to make an equal amount of money on another team, but thats unfair to other small market teams that wants to sign free agents and will make more players declare that they dont wanna be drafted by certain teams.

now i dont think the rules are perfect the way they are and you might prolly be right with what you say, that the system needs a change, but i wanna see sth that forces bad owners to change sth. as well and not only restrict players salaries.
now i might be not up to par, and ill take it back if this is wrong, but if i recall it correctly the owners didnt even have to reveal the accurate income or loss from their teams and on what it was spent and players were suspicious that they didnt lose nearly as much as they claimed - i wouldnt allow cuts to my salaries in that case as well.

While Minny has had some questions, I'll say they had to trade KG, werent going anywhere with him, and Marbury? I'm not going into that but basically the city wasn't big enough for both.

Minny has some nice young talent and you can thank the Boston trade for it, another piece or two and they are in the mix, love is great, one might say more valuable than KG at the same stage of careers.

So I guess Miami getting three stars because of the system and Knicks having two and maybe a third, Lakers always good, Boston had their big three, we should not try and improve the system?

This is not what its all about however, the players got their way in 2004 and the economy was good, now its terrible, and the owners need to take back some of what they gave, next go around if the economy changes for the better it will go in favor of the players.

But looking at the deal its not that bad for the players, not that bad at all.

You will have to show me where the players are getting hurt and not just say the players are right?

Give some items that show how the players are getting screwed? Let me know what is so bad about what the owners are giving them that is so bad not to make the millions of dollars they are giving up?

I'll say it again, I'll bet the majority vote of the NBA players would think differently then you, and your not a player.

Thats is why they didn't vote, fear!