PDA

View Full Version : question about voided contracts.

mdm692
11-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Since the players decertified and theres rumors all contracts will be voided this is going to be like a free agency of all 450 players right?? Technically no big 3 no stat or melo in ny no cp3 or D12 in their respective teams right??

ChiSoxJuan
11-15-2011, 07:56 PM
No. If this FIGHT got to the point where all contracts were voided then all players would be entered into a draft. Teams would be completely rebuilt based on last season's standings. It will never come to that.

mdm692
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Ok that would suck with the #1 pick the cleveland cavaliers pick lebron james. Again.

iggypop123
11-15-2011, 08:15 PM
wouldnt it be on a team by team basis. dont think okc would be eager to void durant and etc.

mdm692
11-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Maybe average the last 5 seasons and go from there

chicago lulz
11-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Ok that would suck with the #1 pick the cleveland cavaliers pick lebron james. Again.

lol

jrm2054
11-15-2011, 08:37 PM

lol that would suck

daleja424
11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
we are very very very far from that. no chance that Stern hits the reset button on the league like that. It is simply a threat. What he doesn't get is that a lot of guys would actually welcome the free agency.

truther
11-15-2011, 08:46 PM

as funny as that would be i think they take durant,dwight,rose before they consider taking lebron back.

bholly
11-15-2011, 08:58 PM
we are very very very far from that. no chance that Stern hits the reset button on the league like that. It is simply a threat. What he doesn't get is that a lot of guys would actually welcome the free agency.

this.

but no matter how far it gets, there is pretty much a 0% chance of a league-wide draft with all players.

ChiSoxJuan
11-15-2011, 09:40 PM
wouldnt it be on a team by team basis. dont think okc would be eager to void durant and etc. No, the contracts are governed by the CBA. If the NBA wins the right to void them it would be system wide because new draft terms, pay scales, etc would be defined by new league rules.

mdm692
11-15-2011, 10:05 PM
If this happens they should take wade #1 to rub it in lebrons face

Hellcrooner
11-15-2011, 10:33 PM
If that **** woudl be done the only FAIR thing woudl be making it with a draft where EVERY TEAM has the same chances of wining number 1 pick.

LakersIn5
11-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Maybe average the last 5 seasons and go from there

LOL BUt WHY REWARD THE SUCKY TEAMS WITH THE TOP PICKS? THAT WOULD BE UNFAIR TO TEAMS LIKE LAKERS,CELTICS,MAGIC,SPURS,MAVS,ETC.. THEY MADE THEIR TEAMS INTO CONTENDERS BUT IF THE CONTRACTS ARE VOID THEY WOULD PICK LAST IN THE FANTASY DRAFT?? HELL NO

Hellcrooner
11-15-2011, 10:47 PM
I doubt it will ever happen, i mean buss s nto gonna lose koeb like tht, thunder is nto losing durant like that.

before that happens, the good owners finally take their heads out of their anus and force stern to contract the moaning *****es of MJ and company.

THE MTL
11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
When the NBA does reinstate, It'll probi be some sort of agreement that players return to their prospective teams and the salaries will be pro-rated in terms of the voided contract.

ChiSoxJuan
11-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Even if the NBA won the legal right to do it, Stern could not unilaterally enforce it. It would still require a majority of owners to support it. That would be helter skelter. I can see teams trying to buy off votes by working trades first. That's why I don't think it will ever happen. With such a large draft, I think you can forget the lottery. Lebron's back to Cle if he wants to play in the NBA then :D

king4day
11-16-2011, 12:58 AM
If this happens they should take wade #1 to rub it in lebrons face

I think they would take Dwight if this scenario occurred.

I don't think they could all of a sudden make teams like LA and Miami be bottom feeders given they won't have any stars anymore by the time they got to make their selections.

naps
11-16-2011, 07:25 AM
I doubt it will ever happen, i mean buss s nto gonna lose koeb like tht, thunder is nto losing durant like that.

before that happens, the good owners finally take their heads out of their anus and force stern to contract the moaning *****es of MJ and company.

:confused:

naps
11-16-2011, 07:29 AM
NO way that's happening. You can't make the top teams for last year(s) pay for being contenders. Teams like Lakers, Bostons, Spurs, Mavs, Heat, Bulls will be left with nothing. It's all about business and I am pretty sure the NBA doesn't want all the superstars in small markets. No money.

Shmontaine
11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
NO way that's happening. You can't make the top teams for last year(s) pay for being contenders. Teams like Lakers, Bostons, Spurs, Mavs, Heat, Bulls will be left with nothing. It's all about business and I am pretty sure the NBA doesn't want all the superstars in small markets. No money.

while i agree with you that it will never happen, i would disagree with the bolded..

the big markets have proven to be profitable while being a losing nba team (chi, NY).. it would only stand to reason that the stars go the small markets and boost their attendance and profitability... it would be mayhem, but "no money" is exactly the opposite of what would happen IMO...

Hellcrooner
11-16-2011, 01:06 PM
while i agree with you that it will never happen, i would disagree with the bolded..

the big markets have proven to be profitable while being a losing nba team (chi, NY).. it would only stand to reason that the stars go the small markets and boost their attendance and profitability... it would be mayhem, but "no money" is exactly the opposite of what would happen IMO...

check the cavs vs spurs finals ratings, then compare with lakers vs celtics.

Shmontaine
11-16-2011, 01:33 PM
check the cavs vs spurs finals ratings, then compare with lakers vs celtics.

check the cavs attendance/profit with lebron vs. without... and the tv contracts are already signed, the nba still gets paid even though not as many people watch...

smith&wesson
11-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I thought the players arent recieving any checks ? doesnt that mean that theyre contracts are void at this point ?

ChiSoxJuan
11-16-2011, 02:31 PM
No. The contracts are just ticking down. With the league shut down the teams don't have an obligation to pay. The NBA assumes the lockout is legal at this point & until a court rules otherwise that assumption dictates terms.

Niro
11-16-2011, 06:15 PM
even if that would happen every team would have the same chance at the number 1 pick.
since no team has a player there is no logic behind the "taking last years standing to do the lottery" thing

just sayin because everybody talks about how the cavs would pick lebron and the lakers wouldnt have any stars

mdm692
11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Void all the contracts. Each team gets to pick 1 player in their "2012" roster to own their rights ex: lakers-kobe, heat-wade, thunder-durant, suns-nash etc. And the rest of the players get thrown into a draft in which every team has an even chance at the #1 pick

LongIslandIcedZ
11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
I love the Knicks and where their going but this would be extremely exciting. Like a fantasy draft. I dont see the point in going by average record to determine draft slots since no team will have any players. It should be a random lottery snake style.

Dade County
11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Void all the contracts. Each team gets to pick 1 player in their "2012" roster to own their rights ex: lakers-kobe, heat-wade, thunder-durant, suns-nash etc. And the rest of the players get thrown into a draft in which every team has an even chance at the #1 pick

NO!

Teams get to keep a starting 5 ... Go HEAT!