PDA

View Full Version : Do the players Decertify???

Shmontaine
11-15-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/nba-lockout-payday-2011-11#joe-johnson-751606-lost-1

their Bi-Monthly paychecks are pretty incredible.... do they really risk all this money by de-certifying the union??

http://twitter.com/#!/NBA/status/135884298539642880

If decertification occurs, players' contracts would become void

Shmontaine
11-15-2011, 03:55 PM
mods put a poll up if you see it necessary... i don't know how...

devilsheat25
11-15-2011, 04:01 PM
What do you mean do they? The union dissolved already.

Shmontaine
11-15-2011, 04:10 PM
oh, i guess i thought all the players had to sign off on it... my bad...

310Casper
11-15-2011, 04:12 PM
What do you mean do they? The union dissolved already.

So that means that all nba players are officially free agents with no contracts as of right now?

If that is the case, Luke Walton will probably retire today.

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 04:29 PM
One of my acquaintances used to work at a bank. Jason Hart frequented that Bank. Jason Hart got like 18,000 - 30,000 (I forgot the number exactly but somewhere it between here) every couple weeks. JASON HART. The nobodies in the league I feel are probably more savvy and will save more since they probably still live a fairly normal life. So for a guy like Jason Hart, one years salary is enough for the rest of his life, or atleast a majority of it. Even though I dont think he is in the league anymore, do you think guys like him really care if they decertify? No one cares.... the only ones that probably genuinely care are the rookies with no endorsement deals that have not received any type of big bucks....

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
So that means that all nba players are officially free agents with no contracts as of right now?

If that is the case, Luke Walton will probably retire today.

haha
I always think of Luke Walton amidst this whole debacle. It is guys like Luke Walton that the NBPA wants to save and it is pretty ridiculous. They want to help save the guys who get payed millions of dollars to do nothing.

I always thought why dont the owners just say "Luke Walton" in defense of any type of argument? haha:clap: