PDA

View Full Version : Redraft Playoffs (NYK forum) 1) Revis Island vs 8) Bronx

NYKalltheway
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the playoff voting for the PSD Knicks Forum NBA Redraft. You will notice that all teams are representing the state of New York and that they are fictional.
Please take the time to review both teams, look at the depth chart and read the write ups to formalize your own opinion on which team would win a 7 game series.
Thank you for voting and enjoy the match ups.

Clubhouses link (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662405)
Revis Island has home court advantage

1) Revis Island vs 8) Bronx

Revis Island:
PG: Raymond Felton (21)/Jameer Nelson(21)/LeBron James (6)
SG: Ray Allen (32)/Andre Iguodala (16)/Keith Bogans
SF: LeBron James (32)/Andre Iguodala (16)/Kyle Korver
PF: Paul Millsap (30)/Anderson Varejao (8)/Brandon Bass(8)
C: Kendrick Perkins (30)/Shaquille O'Neal (10)/Anderson Varejao (8)

I'll keep things brief. My team is more talented. My team has more experience. My team is better. 3 of their top 4 players haven't made the playoffs, 3 of my top 4 players have played in the finals. Their defense is nothing to be too impressed about, I don't see anyway they slow down this LeBron led juggernaut. Finally, even though they have a dynamic offense, we have arguably the two best perimeter defenders in the league (LeBron and Iggy) and a lockdown defensive center (Perk), we'll keep them in check. Their team has some nice pieces, but in a 7 game series my team would sweep them.

Bronx:

Depth Chart
Al Horford - Nick Collison - Jeff Foster
Blake Griffin - Taj Gibson
AK-47 - Luc Mbah a Moute
Eric Gordon - Ben Gordon - Deshawn Steveson
John Wall - Kirk Hinrich

PG Battle

John Wall & Kirk Hinrich vs. Raymond Felton & Jameer Nelson

Obviously looking at my back court the biggest concern is having a rookie Wall as my starting PG. This normally would be a big concern if the opposing team had clearly better PG's with vet experience like Paul, Deron or even Rose. This is not the case however. Both Wall and Hinrich are up against Raymond Felton and Jameer Nelson; two small guards who aren't exactly a tier higher than my backcourt.
Raymond Felton is not a PG you pair with LeBron James on your team. LeBron is essentially in control of the ball at all time and Felton is not what I would call an off the ball guard. Felton does his best work with the ball in his hands driving to the lane, passing it out or pulling up for a mid range shot; all things already done by a LeBron James. With Jameer starting I'd see the threat but having him on the bench doesn't bold well for him. You need the floor to be spread out so LeBron can do what we all knows he does best and having a PG who isn't much of a catch and shoot guard to make up for the lack of a perimeter game from Perkins/Millsap hurts Revis Island.
To add on my recent point of both Raymond and Jameer being small guards both Wall and Hinrich clearly have the size advantage on offense and defense. Wall is more than capable of pushing the tempo against either guard and Hinrich in his own right is a very solid defensive player to put against either in any situation. I feel I easily win the PG battle.

Battle of the Wings
Eric Gordon, Ben Gordon, Deshawn Steveson, AK-47, Mbah a Moute
vs.
Ray Allen, Iggy, LeBron James, Kyle Korver, Keith Bogans

LeBron and Allen on the same court is not what a defense wants to look forward too. This is why if you aren't prepared to throw bodies at these players you are in for a long night. Meet Kirilenko and Mbah a Moute; 2 versatile defensive players who at the very least are not going to give LeBron, Allen or Iggy any room to breathe.
Both Gordon's are indeed small guards but still find ways to score the ball. My team is suited as a push the tempo team who is capable of throwing defensive players at you after we score. LeBron, Allen, Iggy all have to deal with my perimeter shooters and defensive stoppers. Eric Gordon despite his size at SG is not a push over on defense and his chemistry with Griffen makes for a nice duo to build off of with Wall leading the pact and all of my defensive pieces on my team.

The Front Court battle
Blake Griffen - Taj Gibson - Al Horford - Nick Collison - Jeff Foster
vs.
Paul Millsap - Andy V - Kendrick Perkins - Shaq - Brandon Bass
The front court battle Is a battle I clearly win without any questions.
First lets address Revis Island's front court before I begin to explain how Blake Griffin and Al Horford are going to have a field day.
Kendrick Perkins is coming off a huge injury, so much so that Boston decided to trade him rather than extend him and in the playoffs didn't look to be that Center the Thunder have been missing for a long time.
Perkins who is clearly known as a post defender is going up against Horford who can not only score inside but out with a great mid-range game. With Horford being able to knock down a mid range shot consistently Perkins has no choice but to defend the shot leaving the paint more exposed for Griffin to do work.
Now let's talk about Shaq. Clearly over this hill, not as fast as he used to be, clearly unable to play long minutes, pretty much just a big body. Again, with Horford and a much faster player like Griffin Shaq's presence on this court is minimal at best. Griffin is not only explosive in the transition game ( another area none of Revis Island's front court are good at defending against) he has a great post up game. Griffen and Horford alone are more versatile and a bigger threat than any of the opposing team's front court. Then you have to factor in my depth that shows Taj Gibson who had a great playoff showing and both veteran Center's Nick Collison and Jeff Foster who play defense and rebound the ball well. I clearly have the advantage in the front court and I don't see much room for debate.

Wrap Up
In the battle of the PG's I feel my two PG's better compliment my team more so than Raymond and Jameer do for a LeBron led team.
Although Iggy and Allen are both bigger guards than both Gordon's neither are going to be enough to shut down Eric.
LeBron and Iggy both make players around them better but require jump shooters to spread the floor when they penetrate. Revis Island has no perimeter game at all in his front court and no shooting depth outside Jameer( who is on the bench) and Allen. This makes defending against them much more easier.
LeBron James is the best player in the NBA but I have more than enough versatile players to defend against him in AK-47, Mbah a Moute and even Stevenson if need be. Blake Griffen is too much for Millsap or any of Revis Island's front court players can handle. Horford is clearly the better player against his front court as well and unlike Perkins/Millsap/Shaq can score very well from inside and out. My backups are more healthy and are more reliable at this point of their careers than Perkins/Shaq and Andy V can be accounted for. I have greater depth as well which as shown in the recent Miami/Dallas game is important when your best players need help. Hinrich, Gordon, Steveson, Mbah a Moute, Taj Gibson, Nick Collison, Jeff Foster is more a very solid bench and can be used to counter most of what Revis Island plans to do against me with his LeBron led team.

Revis Island has one major thing working against him and that is his depth of scoring options. Looking up and down at his depth chart its evident 99% of his offense is coming strictly from his backcourt. His front court is not going to be able to handle an explosive Blake Griffen with Wall pushing the tempo. Having Perkins who just came back from a major surgery and an old as time itself Shaq way past his prime does not equate to a good front court. Andy Varajao is another example of a player with health concerns having missed most of this previous season. Revis Island entire front court is nothing to worry about. I have more than enough options on offense and defense to throw at his team. A great mix of youth, experience, defense and offense; I feel I am no easy knock out in the first round despite my seeding number.

Good luck to both teams

sixer04fan
11-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Revis Island in a LAND SLIDE. That team is so much better, no offense to Bronx.

The_Jamal
11-15-2011, 02:01 PM
:laugh: lolz at Revis's write-up

but they win big

Killerjug
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
revis island in 4 maybe 5

Chacarron
11-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Iggy off the bench, really???? That is such a luxury. Wow!

knicks=love
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
:laugh2: at revis' writeup. this is no question.

BranWingss
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Not even close.

Iggz53
11-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Damn, these teams are ridiculously stacked haha. Having said that, I think Revis's team is too all-around complete in this matchup.

knicks=love
11-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Damn, these teams are ridiculously stacked haha. Having said that, I think Revis's team is too all-around complete in this matchup.

we only had 16 teams

Iggz53
11-15-2011, 03:41 PM
we only had 16 teams

Yeah I figured. Just kind of different to see all these upper tier guys playing together.

dhopisthename
11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
I usually read the writeups but for this it made no sense this isn't close

Ebbs
11-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Team would be better off going:

PG: LeBron/Iggy
SG: Ray
SF: Iggy/LeBron

knicks=love
11-15-2011, 04:10 PM
he had lebron at PG to begin with. he was so behind it, idk why he switched it up :shrug:

RevisIsland
11-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Break out your brooms we're gonna have a sweep :)

As for LeBron at PG, I really wanted to do it, but it seemed like it would hurt me in voting, so I made the change.

Avenged
11-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Wasn't going with Revis until I saw Iggy off the bench to backup Lebron. :speechless:

knicks=love
11-15-2011, 05:36 PM
:laugh2: at sporty going with bronx

Sportfan
11-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I just looked at starting lineups and voted, but after seeing the benches i might have picked the wrong team. Revis would have defitantly lost if he didn't have Iggy.

still though, i'd be go out on upset alert here. Bronx is ****ing sexy as hell. Blake Griffin and Al Horford will DESTROY the paint. two of the biggest athletic freaks against ****ing Perkins? rapeage. millsap isn't really known for being a post player either.

Gordon and Wall will kill Allen on the fast break, no way he keeps up with them. Personally, i'd start Iggy over Allen to keep up with the young guys

Kirilenko is legnthy and can contain Lebron. How is this teamm 8th? they'd be the best team to watch on the court

Avenged
11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
^ exactly why I was going with the other team.. until I seen Iggy lol

knicks=love
11-15-2011, 05:56 PM
I just looked at starting lineups and voted, but after seeing the benches i might have picked the wrong team. Revis would have defitantly lost if he didn't have Iggy.

still though, i'd be go out on upset alert here. Bronx is ****ing sexy as hell. Blake Griffin and Al Horford will DESTROY the paint. two of the biggest athletic freaks against ****ing Perkins? rapeage. millsap isn't really known for being a post player either.

Gordon and Wall will kill Allen on the fast break, no way he keeps up with them. Personally, i'd start Iggy over Allen to keep up with the young guys

Kirilenko is legnthy and can contain Lebron. How is this teamm 8th? they'd be the best team to watch on the court

that makes more sense then.

NYKalltheway
11-15-2011, 06:22 PM
I think the Eric Gordon & Blake Griffin duo lost this for the Bronx since they are Clippers players and they don't get any respect as of now. If you check the other teams, all of them are stacked as it's a 16 team redraft.
Bronx is definitely one of the most entertaining teams out there, but they lack the leadership to go far imo.

RevisIsland
11-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Just for the record, Iggy's off the bench but he's playing crunch time. I put the minute breakdown in my lineup, but basically my crunch time group is LeBron at the point, Ray and Iggy on the wings, Millsap and Perkins as the bigs. I figure LeBron would be deadly at the point in crunch time.

RevisIsland
11-15-2011, 07:05 PM

No **** he was my 2nd round pick, most teams would lose if you took their 2nd rounder off their team lol.

Sportfan
11-15-2011, 09:31 PM
No **** he was my 2nd round pick, most teams would lose if you took their 2nd rounder off their team lol.
2 problems
iggy shouldn't be a 2nd round pick in a 16 team redraft.

you shouldn't be drafting 6th men in the 2nd round

knicks=love
11-15-2011, 09:39 PM
2 problems
iggy shouldn't be a 2nd round pick in a 16 team redraft.

you shouldn't be drafting 6th men in the 2nd round

since he's not on, and i know the answer to this.. i'll go ahead.

at the time of him drafting iggy in the 2nd round, it wasn't meant to be a 6th man choice. he started off getting lebron and wanting to use him as a PG and strictly that, but later on, felt that it wouldn't work out.

i got you revis.

RevisIsland
11-15-2011, 09:51 PM
since he's not on, and i know the answer to this.. i'll go ahead.

at the time of him drafting iggy in the 2nd round, it wasn't meant to be a 6th man choice. he started off getting lebron and wanting to use him as a PG and strictly that, but later on, felt that it wouldn't work out.

i got you revis.

:nod:

And why shouldn't Iggy be a 2nd round pick in a 16 team redraft when you have a late 2nd rounder? I think I took him 31st overall (or something like that), he went 32nd overall in the actual NBA redraft and nobody said a word. I thought that pairing LeBron and Iggy as perimeter defenders would be NASTY, and it will be, I just thought at the time Iggy would be a starter, things just didn't turn out that way, he's playing crunch time though, that's what matters.

knicks=love
11-15-2011, 09:52 PM
it worked out either way, so whatever :shrug:

29$JerZ
11-15-2011, 09:56 PM
I personally love my team.
I believe its hard to look appealing when you don't have a Top 10 player on your team and going up against LeBron basically gives me a loss despite how bad the front court is compared to mine.
Eric and Blake being on a team shouldn't sway votes away based on their Clipper tenure ; especially since Wall/AK/Mbah/Taj/Horford/Collison is a much better supporting cast then their current Clipper team.

knicks=love
11-16-2011, 07:42 PM
i think it's safe to say this matchup is over.

ChiSox219
11-16-2011, 10:05 PM
I didnt see Iggy off the bench, that's a big time luxury.

Blake/Horford would be so sick in real life.