PDA

View Full Version : Could someone come in and pay the NBA players to play ball?

Longhornfan1234
11-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Say if a billionaire wanted to have a 10 team league and have the games on PPV or something, could they do that?

I think the best players could throw together some pick up games and make lots of money.

It wouldn't give them the money the NBA can right now, but they could stick it in the face of the NBA and ruin the whole thing.

I know there would be a lot of lesser known players get left behind.

If they players wanted to really screw over the NBA, could they do something like this?

Rndy
11-15-2011, 12:30 AM
I got five on it.

Hellcrooner
11-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Say if a billionaire wanted to have a 10 team league and have the games on PPV or something, could they do that?

I think the best players could throw together some pick up games and make lots of money.

It wouldn't give them the money the NBA can right now, but they could stick it in the face of the NBA and ruin the whole thing.

I know there would be a lot of lesser known players get left behind.

If they players wanted to really screw over the NBA, could they do something like this?

its easier for them to sign abroad.

Arch Stanton
11-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Good luck. Are you building 10 stadiums for a league that has incredible uncertainty?

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry no basketball. I know it sounds ridiculous but its not going to happen. Fans that are on the players side because they praise them as if they are some kinda mythical figures just give the players even more reason to behave the way they are behaving. Why should they care if people still defend them

John Walls Era
11-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Its not as easy as it seems. I'm sure someone could, but the players are better off signing overseas or creating their own mini league.