PDA

View Full Version : Stern speaks- ESPN vid

still a fan
11-14-2011, 09:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7234584&categoryid=2459788

Interesting.

Lets hope it don't go to court. Something has to give.

Stern says Franchises are not going away and players in last yr of contract get hurt.

Also says they are doing this way to late in the game.

Stern saying players are getting bad advice.

Says fans should think we were very close and players blew it up.

still a fan
11-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm curious if anyone knows for a fact based on Sterns closing comments we have nobody to negotiate with now that the union doesn't exist, he can't negotiate with the palyers?

Or does the owners have to only talk to whoever the lawyers are?

I posted this Vid which many might have seen already because he really just seems to blame the players and basically has a well so it happened attitude.

I really don't care who is more to blame, the bottom line Stern is missing is if it was such a great deal and he says players are being led wrong, why couldn't the owners get their point across better?

Stern has to realize it takes two to tango and both sides have to agree, of course he feels the owners gave a lot, what else would he feel?

I thought they could still negotiate, but maybe I'm wrong.

This really blows at this point. I am sure it will get clearer as the week goes on.

Wade>You
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
^ sorry, don't know.

But anyway, David Stern is the master of spin. He's trying to take every threat he's made to the NBPA and every bad faith negotiation tactic he's used to try and say that the owners were the victims of those same negotiation tactics.:laugh:

beasted86
11-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm curious if anyone knows for a fact based on Sterns closing comments we have nobody to negotiate with now that the union doesn't exist, he can't negotiate with the palyers?

Or does the owners have to only talk to whoever the lawyers are?

I posted this Vid which many might have seen already because he really just seems to blame the players and basically has a well so it happened attitude.

I really don't care who is more to blame, the bottom line Stern is missing is if it was such a great deal and he says players are being led wrong, why couldn't the owners get their point across better?

Stern has to realize it takes two to tango and both sides have to agree, of course he feels the owners gave a lot, what else would he feel?

I thought they could still negotiate, but maybe I'm wrong.

This really blows at this point. I am sure it will get clearer as the week goes on.

The players can still negotiate as a trade association, but considering Stern's "backtrack" threat, there will be nothing to negotiate once (if) owners really do revert to a worse offer.

Confusious
11-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Excuse me while I snore. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gotoHcarolina52
11-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Excuse me while I snore. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is excellent! :laugh:

iggypop123
11-14-2011, 09:55 PM
cant negotiate anymore. no longer a union. stern was heated. poor guy. he wanted to slam dunk his legacy and instead he was like boehnor this summer dealing with an unreasonable small constituency

Wade>You
11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
cant negotiate anymore. no longer a union. stern was heated. poor guy. he wanted to slam dunk his legacy and instead he was like boehnor this summer dealing with an unreasonable small constituencyIIRC, don't they have like 30 days before decertification is official? In other words, there's still time to negotiate, no? I'm not sure so if someone can verify for me, I'd appreciate it.

beasted86
11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
The NFL decertified, started anti-trust litigation, and still eventually reached an agreement as a trade association through negotiation.... but like I said earlier, if Stern follows through on his threat, there's no reason for any scheduled negotiation.

still a fan
11-14-2011, 10:04 PM
LOL can we just blame Miami and call it a day????????

utl768
11-14-2011, 10:07 PM
nothing more then propoganda

iggypop123
11-14-2011, 10:08 PM
IIRC, don't they have like 30 days before decertification is official? In other words, there's still time to negotiate, no? I'm not sure so if someone can verify for me, I'd appreciate it.

this isnt decertification. its kind of like it. see the link

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/11/sports-law-expert-explains-what-a-disclaimer-of-interest-is.html

Sly Guy
11-14-2011, 10:12 PM
^ sorry, don't know.

But anyway, David Stern is the master of spin. He's trying to take every threat he's made to the NBPA and every bad faith negotiation tactic he's used to try and say that the owners were the victims of those same negotiation tactics.:laugh:

he's not that good with the spin.....I didn't buy any of that crap.

ink
11-14-2011, 10:13 PM
The NFL decertified, started anti-trust litigation, and still eventually reached an agreement as a trade association through negotiation.... but like I said earlier, if Stern follows through on his threat, there's no reason for any scheduled negotiation.

The NFL was making money.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-14-2011, 10:14 PM
It all boils down to Stern promising major changes and having to back it up by any means neccessary. The bully just got punched in the stomach.. He's playing smooth on tv but you know he's pissed.

Heediot
11-14-2011, 10:15 PM
That is one dude I cannot trust. there is something bad about the vibe of this man in this particular video.

beasted86
11-14-2011, 10:16 PM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/11/sports-law-expert-explains-what-a-disclaimer-of-interest-is.html

Well by that article, since the union disclaimed interest, they cannot negotiate a CBA.

Wade>You
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/11/sports-law-expert-explains-what-a-disclaimer-of-interest-is.htmlThanks, that answered my question. :)

ink
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
They've been badly mislead.

Stern

This. Simple.

Wade>You
11-14-2011, 10:25 PM
This. Simple.You're PSD's David Stern ;)

ink
11-14-2011, 10:30 PM
You're PSD's David Stern ;)

Considering his intelligence and competence through this whole thing, in the face of unbelievable stubborness on the players' side, I take that as a compliment. ;) The guy has unbelievable patience. The only time I've seen him diss anyone through all of this was when he correctly noted that the players have taken on "laughable rhetoric about the magic trick they think they've just pulled off by decertifying this late in the game".

Basically he created this mess himself. Stern created the monster by over-hyping "superstars". Now he's paying the price with the monster he created.

But thanks for the compliment. I'll share it with the majority that easily see how stupid the players have been today, and how poorly prepared they have been throughout.

Sinestro
11-14-2011, 10:31 PM
It all boils down to Stern promising major changes and having to back it up by any means neccessary. The bully just got punched in the stomach.. He's playing smooth on tv but you know he's pissed.

Yep....he was scared of this deep down although he'll never admit it

kjoke
11-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Considering his intelligence and competence through this whole thing, in the face of unbelievable stubborness on the players' side, I take that as a compliment. ;) The guy has unbelievable patience. The only time I've seen him diss anyone through all of this was when he correctly noted that the players have taken on "laughable rhetoric about the magic trick they think they've just pulled off by decertifying this late in the game".

Even though he created this mess himself with his marketing of "superstars". Stern created the monster by over-hyping "superstars". Now he's paying the price with the monster he created.

But thanks for the compliment. I'll share it with the majority that easily see how stupid the players have been today, and how poorly prepared they have been throughout.

That and "infinite wisdom" sounded like sarcastic thing to say as well/ I personally don't feel that Stern respects the players, and the players feel the same way.

AndyfromNeptune
11-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Jr Smith and Wilson Chandler look so smart right now.

Can't believe I questioned them when they made the jump to China this year.

ink
11-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Yep....he was scared of this deep down although he'll never admit it

The owners expected this might happen. I doubt they're "scared". Just disappointed like millions of fans.

But remember, it was a bad deal. Waiting out the season will improve things for the league and the owners. Too bad the players will end up with far less. Their choice though I guess. :shrug:

ink
11-14-2011, 10:37 PM
That and "infinite wisdom" sounded like sarcastic thing to say as well/ I personally don't feel that Stern respects the players, and the players feel the same way.

I'm sure he respects many of the players but seriously, Billy Hunter is incompetent. Everyone has noted that the time to de-certify was July. That alone is reason for his firing. Idiotic or desperate? I can't decide which best describes the tactic. And Stern, like anyone else in his position, would just be shaking his head wondering why the players are stupid enough to follow this poor leadership. They've been out-strategized from beginning to end, on a daily basis. Disorganized mess.

Sinestro
11-14-2011, 10:39 PM
The owners expected this might happen. I doubt they're "scared". Just disappointed like millions of fans.

But remember, it was a bad deal. Waiting out the season will improve things for the league and the owners. Too bad the players will end up with far less. Their choice though I guess. :shrug:

I seriously doubt some owners are disappointed many of them have been trying their hardest to screw the players as much as possible, that being said I don't think owners are "scared", I think Stern is, his legacy as commissioner is seriously tainted now

kjoke
11-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm sure he respects many of the players but seriously, Billy Hunter is incompetent. Everyone has noted that the time to de-certify was July. That alone is reason for his firing. Idiotic or desperate? I can't decide which best describes the tactic. And Stern, like anyone else in his position, would just be shaking his head wondering why the players are stupid enough to follow this poor leadership. They've been out-strategized from beginning to end, on a daily basis. Disorganized mess.

And I agree, considering the NBA complete lack of cooperation at the beginning of the negotiations, it would have been in the players best interest to decertify right there and then. Why did they? I really think that they wanted a season, and thought that somehow the owners would budge on some issues when they give some of the things back. That didnt happen, and the players were forced to decertify.

topdog
11-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I know people wanted to demonize Stern for his ultimatum, but the negotiations didn't show any sign of letting up with little movement or purpose. Someone had to put a clock on this thing.

Stern really does remind me of the emperor from Star Wars though. Part of it's his looks and part of it is going from a steady drone to sudden outbursts and that laugh... lol

milominderbinde
11-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Stern should have retired five years ago. The Seattle Supersonics disgrace and now this have destroyed his legacy. Every statement he has made over last few months have made this inevitable.

ink
11-14-2011, 10:47 PM
I seriously doubt some owners are disappointed many of them have been trying their hardest to screw the players as much as possible, that being said I don't think owners are "scared", I think Stern is, his legacy as commissioner is seriously tainted now

I really don't see it. This is a lockout, not a fixed playoff series. THAT seriously tainted his legacy.

And I agree, considering the NBA complete lack of cooperation at the beginning of the negotiations, it would have been in the players best interest to decertify right there and then. Why did they? I really think that they wanted a season, and thought that somehow the owners would budge on some issues when they give some of the things back. That didnt happen, and the players were forced to decertify.

Depends who you listen to. Both are saying the same thing about wanting a season and bargaining in good faith. The players knew this was coming. They've been working on this deal for 2 1/2 years. As many have said, Hunter didn't want to de-certify because he would lose his job. No union, no role for Billy Hunter. Self-interest.

kjoke
11-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Really? I may be wrong here but Derrick Fisher and Billy Hunter are still in charge.

And the owners have just started the "bargaining in good faith" campaign because of the decertification.

Mudvayne91
11-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Jr Smith and Wilson Chandler look so smart right now.

Can't believe I questioned them when they made the jump to China this year.

May as well throw Kenyon out there too.

ink
11-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Really? I may be wrong here but Derrick Fisher and Billy Hunter are still in charge,

Well that's what Stern was just pointing out: that you can't very well de-certify and magically come back as some other entity to start negotiating the next day. They now have to go through litigation, something you don't do if you're anywhere close to a deal with a clock running out on the season. None of it makes much sense. It just reeks of desperation and disorganization.

----

btw, for anyone thinking I'm a fan of Stern's, think again. I live in Vancouver. David Stern allowed Michael Heisley to lie about his intentions with our franchise and moved it to Memphis. He did something similar to the Seattle Supersonics. He also presided over one of the most corrupt examples of game fixing against the Suns a few years ago. There are more than enough reasons for me not to be a fan of his. But EVEN WITH ALL THAT I can still see that he has been competent and relatively decent through this whole lockout. The league badly needs to be repaired and it is going to be tough to implement the necessary change. I think he has more stones than most of the league's superstars to follow the course he and the owners have chosen.

kjoke
11-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Well that's what Stern was just pointing out: that you can't very well de-certify and magically come back as some other entity to start negotiating the next day. They now have to go through litigation, something you don't do if you're anywhere close to a deal with a clock running out on the season. None of it makes much sense. It just reeks of desperation and disorganization.

Well they are still a trade association. I know they aren't able to negotiate on CBA but it must do something.

magichatnumber9
11-14-2011, 11:02 PM
David Stern is a snake

AndyfromNeptune
11-14-2011, 11:29 PM
May as well throw Kenyon out there too.

And Josh Boone. :D

gotoHcarolina52
11-14-2011, 11:43 PM

I agree. Contract those South Beach flamers!

SluggeR
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I thought the commish of the NFL would forever hold the title of worst & most disliked GM of World..then stern made the greatest comeback in sports history.

NY007
11-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Why does he have a smirk on his face?

John Walls Era
11-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Too much he said, she said. Stern is the last person I trust.

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 02:01 AM
David Stern just "owned" the players. David Stern is a smart man and this video is so great it is humorous. I hate everyone involved because there is no Clippers, but I can say this much...people will hate David Stern even more because of this video. I actually like the guy even more now..

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Why does he have a smirk on his face?

Maybe because he is knowledgable on everything that is going on and KNOWS what the players are attempting to do...and he knows they are going to fail miserable. Even citing a similar situation that ended up failing....(NFL)

Sactown
11-15-2011, 03:17 AM
I don't understand how people can be mad at David Stern.. He is hired by the owners and has made the best offer he is aloud to that will be passed by the owners.. IMO he's fighting the hardest for a season.. if he was a real douche bag he would of just offered the deal many of the HARDCORE owners wanted.. He is the only one bargaining in good faith...

The Players at this point are just making themselves look silly :pity: Billy Hunter is an idiot and Derrick Fisher should of just ignored him after he brought up disbanning the union this late in the game.. The deal IMO that was offered was honestly super generous considering the position the owners are in (72% of teams lost money) the only thing that David Stern was really playing off that wasn't completely true is that even if the players actually get more money per year they probably won't actually get the extra money (5.9 Mill average apparently being lifted to 7-8 mill) because of the BRI being lowered to a 50% split.. other than that he's being honest and negotiating in good faith

smith&wesson
11-15-2011, 04:20 AM
"if your going to do this, why do it so late in the game?"

thats a question i would like answered.

smith&wesson
11-15-2011, 04:25 AM

----

btw, for anyone thinking I'm a fan of Stern's, think again. I live in Vancouver. David Stern allowed Michael Heisley to lie about his intentions with our franchise and moved it to Memphis. He did something similar to the Seattle Supersonics. He also presided over one of the most corrupt examples of game fixing against the Suns a few years ago. There are more than enough reasons for me not to be a fan of his. But EVEN WITH ALL THAT I can still see that he has been competent and relatively decent through this whole lockout. The league badly needs to be repaired and it is going to be tough to implement the necessary change. I think he has more stones than most of the league's superstars to follow the course he and the owners have chosen.

what gets me is that stern is fighting some minority owners for a better a deal and clearly the players are throwing him under the buss as the villan. he hasnt changed his stance at all either. he is still saying that was the best offer. he is almost laughing out of frustration because he knows its not even the players persay at this point. they are being lead through this thing blindly and they are being lead astray. the agents i think need to be put under the microscope.

Delrayhc
11-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Maybe because he is knowledgable on everything that is going on and KNOWS what the players are attempting to do...and he knows they are going to fail miserable. Even citing a similar situation that ended up failing....(NFL)

Learn how to read / understand body language and facial expressions.

beliges
11-15-2011, 03:51 PM
what gets me is that stern is fighting some minority owners for a better a deal and clearly the players are throwing him under the buss as the villan. he hasnt changed his stance at all either. he is still saying that was the best offer. he is almost laughing out of frustration because he knows its not even the players persay at this point. they are being lead through this thing blindly and they are being lead astray. the agents i think need to be put under the microscope.

The players are receiving bad advice from their own people in this ordeal. An anti-trust lawsuit against the NBA is not going to be successful as there are no real issues of material fact that will provide a successful suit. There is no case. What the NBA is doing is not illegal. The NBA players are better compensated and treated much more humanely than any other American professional sports league. Once more and more paychecks are missed, the players will be hit by the reality that they are missing out on millions of dollars. As of now though, it seems that the players are just trying to save face and make any possible move to get back at the owners, and it will backfire because the owners are ones who are at risk here with a bad agreement and will hold out until they get a fair deal.

tcav701
11-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Sterns biggest fault is hyping players rather than teams. The NBA more than any is a star driven league and officiating is obviously advised to pad superstars stats aka superstar calls. This is the only reason certian players think they are larger than the game. Stern made it so.

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Learn how to read / understand body language and facial expressions.

I can, and I stand by what I said.

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
There are so many great quotables in this interview I wish I could find a full transcript

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Sterns biigest fault is hyping players rather than teams. The NBA more than any is a stat driven league and officiating is obviously advised to pad superstars stats aka superstar calls. This is the only reason certian players think they are larger than the game. Stern made it so.

Agree

BIG-D
11-15-2011, 05:00 PM
does every 1 saying its the players fault remember that the players all ready gave up like 6-7% plus other things while the owners just want them to keep going down JORDAN wants it to be 47 when he was part of the reason it went to 57% the last cba and also the owners said they conceded the hard cap when how can u concede something u dont have

smith&wesson
11-15-2011, 05:24 PM
The players are receiving bad advice from their own people in this ordeal. An anti-trust lawsuit against the NBA is not going to be successful as there are no real issues of material fact that will provide a successful suit. There is no case. What the NBA is doing is not illegal. The NBA players are better compensated and treated much more humanely than any other American professional sports league. Once more and more paychecks are missed, the players will be hit by the reality that they are missing out on millions of dollars. As of now though, it seems that the players are just trying to save face and make any possible move to get back at the owners, and it will backfire because the owners are ones who are at risk here with a bad agreement and will hold out until they get a fair deal.

i agree

BIG-D
11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
also dont 4get that the owners are mad players are taking less money to play on a team that THEY want to play 4 instead of taking more money 2 stay where they were drafted an another thing about this rule where ur able to assign a player to the d-league an no matter how much they make there salary drops the like 750k so if u get drafted 1st but put u n the d league u dont make 1st overall money aka kinda think like thabeet 4 houston when mem had him in it lol he wrked his *** off to be drafted that high pay the man thats why the draft is a risk (i no he wasnt drafted 1st but he still make a good amount of money)

Mikeleafs
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
I hope Stern follows through on his promise and the players will get a much worse deal!!

The players need to be put in their place and they must realize that they're not bigger than the game.

Guys like LeBron, Bosh, and any other player who avoids real competition by joining forces with other superstars need to be brought back to reality and start competing again with the team that they're on (at a much reduced salary)...

ink
11-15-2011, 05:46 PM

The players are operating out of anger and wounded pride. There's nothing rational about what they're doing. They are basically saying that they are not going to take it "from the man" and they are protesting. It's cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

BIG-D
11-15-2011, 05:48 PM
also how can any1 like david stearn except maybe ny fans 4 this http://youtu.be/bX1kMlG8c7Y if he riggs this how many others did he do since then who knows maybe he rigged 08 draft The Bulls' winning of the lottery was the second-largest upset in NBA Draft Lottery history behind the Orlando Magic, who won it in 1993 with just a 1.5% chance.

NYY09
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
does every 1 saying its the players fault remember that the players all ready gave up like 6-7% plus other things while the owners just want them to keep going down JORDAN wants it to be 47 when he was part of the reason it went to 57% the last cba and also the owners said they conceded the hard cap when how can u concede something u dont have

Jordan is fighting for the side he's on. Just plain business my friend.

ink
11-15-2011, 05:51 PM

They dropped the topic. I hear what you're saying, they didn't have a hard cap to concede, but that is what they were aiming for. The deal they worked out after, as Da Throne put it so well, ended up being a bailout instead of a system change. I liked the way he put it. The NBA doesn't need a bailout; it needs a working system that won't just lose money again.

So, since they didn't get to develop a working system, the owners went for the equivalence in money. It was a terrible trade-off. In the end, the players may have done us all a favour by turning down that terrible deal so that the NBA can in the end have a hard cap system.

Sterns biggest fault is hyping players rather than teams. The NBA more than any is a star driven league and officiating is obviously advised to pad superstars stats aka superstar calls. This is the only reason certian players think they are larger than the game. Stern made it so.

Been saying that for weeks. He created the monster and now it's impossible to tame.

Muttman73
11-15-2011, 06:03 PM

You know, if those arrogant fools (MeBron mostly) hadn't rubbed it in everybodie's faces like they did I honestly think most of this crap would not have happened.

Wade>You
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I hope Stern follows through on his promise and the players will get a much worse deal!!

The players need to be put in their place and they must realize that they're not bigger than the game.

Guys like LeBron, Bosh, and any other player who avoids real competition by joining forces with other superstars need to be brought back to reality and start competing again with the team that they're on (at a much reduced salary)...Bill Russell, John Havlicek, Bob Cousey, and the rest of the HOFers on those 60s Celtics team say "Hi!"

BIG-D
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
jordan still needs to remember where he came for he was a player once now hes an owner who sells off all his good player 4 nuttin an *****es an moans 4 a handout now being a hardline owner good luck with free agents how u gonna make money now when he gonna haveta overpay them to come

still a fan
11-15-2011, 10:16 PM

What economy do you belong to?

How many people around you are jobless? How many took pay cuts? How many college grads can't sniff a job? How many schools have laid off teachers and have put so many kids in one class? Where are the 401K plans gone? How about retirement plans, got one from your employee with matching like the good old days? Where are the medical plans at?

Do I need to go on an on? yes 57% in a much better economy, now the economy stinks and Stern is going 50/50, I think thats pretty good for guy's making 100Mil in their career then getting retirement and medical plans like they need them?

How about Stern said there would be a hard cap for equality and backed down to a soft cap again?

How about Stern said no more MLE to protect teams from bad signings and contracts and not let teams who go over the cap have advantages? Yes he now has a MLE for 5 mil, so the players lost what 800K?

How about Stern said there would be roll back in salaries crushing the very players who are causing this non basketball season.......guess what he took that away as well?

9 owners didn't agree with Sterns proposal yet Stern got the owners to agree and still the players because of what exactly turned it down?

As Mason jr stated on his tweeter, we the players did not get our point across and did a terrible job, there should be basketball thats the bottom line.

As pay check after pay check gets missed you will see more and more players saying the same thing. What exactly are they missing millions for? see above its not much in comparison to what others are getting in this economy.

I see single mom's getting pay cuts trying to make ends meet, and it kills me to read anyone try and protect players who make millions of dollars and have no fears of taking their kids to the doctors, or hospital, or have to work into their 70's.

NBA players retire at what age exactly?

BIG-D
11-16-2011, 01:56 PM
so why isnt stern takein a pay cut or any of the coaches that get outrageous money lol the owners did this to themselves 76ers paying 3 head coaches at 1 time an if im not mistaken the t-wolves are paying 2 or 3 also is that useing the money wisely. an about the jobs there ARE jobs just gotta be willing to wrk anywhere an dont think just cause u went to college u are high and mighty an a are above wrkin for minimum wage or so and the others are just too lazy eathier cuz they rather sit at home an get unemployment or just dont try.. 4 those who (strugglemy self included) to get by i feel 4em but if u were asked to take a 7 % cut among others as a union u would fight 4 wats rite 4 u and the union not the doctor down the street or the lady wrkin at McDonald. and did we forget the OWNERS LOCKED OUT THE PLAYERS EVEN THE ROOKIES WHO ARNT IN THE UNION YET AND ARE READY TO PLAY BUT ARE BEING PREVENTED FROM DOING SO. and very few nba players make 100 mill lol

BIG-D
11-16-2011, 02:12 PM
and the players didnt reject it cuz of the 50/50 thing it was the other issues i mentioned why they rejected it

Tom Stone
11-16-2011, 02:44 PM
David Falk an NBA agent said at the very least it should have gone to a vote, when over 2 billion dollars are at stake, to lose for the players, 450 players should have a voice......if the deal was that bad it would have got shot down.....the fact that they would not let everyone have a voice in this, tells me that they were scared that the deal would get passed, if everyone was allowed decide for themselfs......

still a fan
11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
David Falk an NBA agent said at the very least it should have gone to a vote, when over 2 billion dollars are at stake, to lose for the players, 450 players should have a voice......if the deal was that bad it would have got shot down.....the fact that they would not let everyone have a voice in this, tells me that they were scared that the deal would get passed, if everyone was allowed decide for themselfs......

A secret vote would have even the hard line players voting to play and take the money, this way it would be hard to blame anyone.

It will register very soon not havining a 1.5MIL pay check for the stars and even a 250K paycheck for others and even the min wage guys missing say a 83K check will be hurting, its all relevant.

smith&wesson
11-16-2011, 02:56 PM
dont blame the players. if a vote was taken over 70% of them were in favour of the last deal. if they dont even get a vote how much say do they really have ???

dont blame the owners, they were able to propose a decent deal.

blame the agents that are leading the players astray. they are the ones responsible for this. the agents arent thinking about any of the 450 players currently in the nba. if they are its an after thought. what they really are fighting for is themselves and the ability to negotiate player contracts in the future. the size of the contracts, the length of the contracts etc. this is all about the agents at this point. even with the system issues in terms of trades, free agency, mid level, bird rights etc. they just want to have more control. or keep the control they have. and the owners want to take some of control away. and rightfully so!!!

i no longer blame the players or the owners. its the agents and lawyers. its obvious.
:mad: