PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will be a season this year???

Ty Fast
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I dont think there will be, but i hope so.

Muttman73
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Not unless the play during the summer.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
haha, nice timing for this. Of course it will be an overwhelming NO when you have a busload of pissed off fans.

Who ****ing cares. I will just watch more football and my Hawkeyes are more respectable, maybe I will get the Big Ten network.

God damnit!

Hellcrooner
11-14-2011, 03:36 PM
haha, nice timing for this. Of course it will be an overwhelming NO when you have a busload of pissed off fans.

Who ****ing cares. I will just watch more football and my Hawkeyes are more respectable, maybe I will get the Big Ten network.

God damnit!

just follow the euroleague, once the season is already canceled 60- 75% of the players and 90% of the top 50 will be playing here, making it indeed the best league in the world that you can wath this season, and maybe next too.

pistonsfanomg
11-14-2011, 03:47 PM
No!

Thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoPacers33
11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
i did but know i dont

NYKNYGNYY
11-14-2011, 03:56 PM
No!

Thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u piston fans had your fun and the way the pistons are now i understand y u say thank god, but my knicks have been terrible for years now we finally got a shot n this happens :facepalm:

mavwar53
11-14-2011, 04:03 PM

God damnit!

I'm not pissed off, if the 49ers weren't playing so good I'd be looking foward to hoops but since they are exceeding expectations I could care less right now about the season, but I do think that there will not be a season this year.

mavwar53
11-14-2011, 04:05 PM
sucks for celtics and spurs fans, those teams have just a year or 2 left and yet they may not get to even play those years.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm not pissed off, if the 49ers weren't playing so good I'd be looking foward to hoops but since they are exceeding expectations I could care less right now about the season, but I do think that there will not be a season this year.

my Texans are the only thing getting me through it right now...

CousinsEvansDUO
11-14-2011, 04:42 PM
u piston fans had your fun and the way the pistons are now i understand y u say thank god, but my knicks have been terrible for years now we finally got a shot n this happens :facepalm:

Knicks fans getting a shot?? what about kings. we have 6 future all stars on our team and our whole roster is about to improve their overall ratings. just like okc went from nothing to something that's what the kings are doing and we're about to win a championship in a few years.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Knicks fans getting a shot?? what about kings. we have 6 future all stars on our team and our whole roster is about to improve their overall ratings. just like okc went from nothing to something that's what the kings are doing and we're about to win a championship in a few years.

what? Who?

beasted86
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I want a season more than anything as a Heat fan, but I understand the negotiation process for both sides.

If one or the other side isn't happy with the offers they have every right to hold out. Owners have a right to try and make changes they think will help with their bottom line, and players have every right to want to earn a fair share of the revenue considering their role in generating it.

chris34
11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Its no and now I am worried about the start of next year. I can tell you it is killing me as my team is a championship contender and you don't get those every year.

WES445
11-14-2011, 07:56 PM
If the season is shot, how will they figure out the selections for Nba draft next year? Will the rookies become free agents?

Ill21
11-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Not a chance.

utl768
11-14-2011, 10:57 PM
id be more worried about the 2012 season at this point

owners are on record as saying they would be willing to lock the players out for 2 yrs

Wade>You
11-14-2011, 11:03 PM
id be more worried about the 2012 season at this point

owners are on record as saying they would be willing to lock the players out for 2 yrsThat sounds like good faith negotiating to me.

utl768
11-14-2011, 11:09 PM
That sounds like good faith negotiating to me.

neither side has

the owners have basically forced the players to give up a ton of money for nothing in return and instead of negoiaiting the players are using the sham of dissolving the union so they can sue

heyman321
11-14-2011, 11:12 PM
This ruins the Raptors' plans. We were supposed to suck incredibly next year, maybe win 5 games at max to get the first overall pick. Now we'll have to wait a year or two to suck.

Evolution23
11-14-2011, 11:13 PM
**** no. might be watching some st johns and cuse ball though

Wade>You
11-14-2011, 11:16 PM
neither side has

the owners have basically forced the players to give up a ton of money for nothing in return and instead of negoiaiting the players are using the sham of dissolving the union so they can sueI think the players have negotiated (it's been like an entire offseason and 2 months) and it's obvious which side was the only one willing to take pay cuts and make concessions. Perhaps part of the problem why this is taken so long is the owners are drunk with power after realizing the players were already making concessions before negotiations even began.

heyman321
11-14-2011, 11:28 PM
I think the players have negotiated (it's been like an entire offseason and 2 months) and it's obvious which side was the only one willing to take pay cuts and make concessions. Perhaps part of the problem why this is taken so long is the owners are drunk with power after realizing the players were already making concessions before negotiations even began.

Will you guys stop using "players gave so much" as an argument? Yes, it's true. The NBA knows that. Everyone and their mother knows that. The problem is that the last CBA was so flawed into the players' favour. That's why the economic system was broken. It needed fixing.

airronijordan
11-14-2011, 11:41 PM
i voted no...the courts aren't going to resolve the issue anytime soon

evadatam5150
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I dont think there will be, but i hope so.

Not to sound too Krass but who cares..?? Obviously they don't care about us so why should we care about them lining their pockets with our hard earned cash.. I love basketball as much as the next guy but it's hard for me to stomach any of this BS.. I'm not about to start feeling sorry for any of these guys, the apologist can spew their diatribe till their blue in the face but this stoppage is about greed from pretty much every perspective and the fans and the NBA employees are the one's being punished..

Ill21
11-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Def pumped for college bball

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 01:22 AM
This has to go down as one of the biggest cherades in the history of sports. It is a joke and one of the most amazing sequence events ever. Just simply amazing

ClippersE.G
11-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Not to sound too Krass but who cares..?? Obviously they don't care about us so why should we care about them lining their pockets with our hard earned cash.. I love basketball as much as the next guy but it's hard for me to stomach any of this BS.. I'm not about to start feeling sorry for any of these guys, the apologist can spew their diatribe till their blue in the face but this stoppage is about greed from pretty much every perspective and the fans and the NBA employees are the one's being punished..

Preach

Chronz
11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Who ****ing cares.

You off your meds friend?

Chronz
11-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Will you guys stop using "players gave so much" as an argument? Yes, it's true. The NBA knows that. Everyone and their mother knows that. The problem is that the last CBA was so flawed into the players' favour. That's why the economic system was broken. It needed fixing.
Not trying to disagree but isnt the point the opposing side is making is that they have done their part to fix it? Im not in a position to understand any of this CBA babble but why isnt as easy as just reporting the losses that the NBA has suffered as a whole, and the players conceding that much on average?

tcav701
11-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Not trying to disagree but isnt the point the opposing side is making is that they have done their part to fix it? Im not in a position to understand any of this CBA babble but why isnt as easy as just reporting the losses that the NBA has suffered as a whole, and the players conceding that much on average?

Because as more superteams are formed, small market owners will see increased losses. Yes, the superteams will sell out on the road, but the home teams will only sell out when those superteams visit.

A salary cap or harsh taxes are the only way to stop the gap. I'm not a fan of restrictions, but I am a fan of a 30 team NBA.

JordansBulls
11-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Nope