PDA

View Full Version : Players who overtrain

NetsPaint
11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Which players do you wonder/suspect overtrain their bodies and that's the cause for their injuries?

Chronz
11-14-2011, 02:26 PM
If anyone, its Maggette but its because he takes a beating

Hawkeye15
11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Glen Davis.

Lakers + Giants
11-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Kobe and Wade.

Cal827
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Eddie Curry and Shawn Kemp.

Seriously: Paul, Bargnani (he isn't supposed to jump period.. so going for rebounds just kills him)lol

Da Knicks
11-14-2011, 03:32 PM
mike miller, carlos boozer i think both guys carry to much weight eventhoug its muscle.

mlisica19
11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Which players do you wonder/suspect overtrain their bodies and that's the cause for their injuries?

These pro athletes today are given so much medical advice and have so many professional trainers that its very hard for them to over train their bodies. If anything they dont do enough to strengthen their bodies to prevent injuries.

An athlete or really anyone, should train physically/mentally and spiritually. Physically will strengthen your body. (ex working out)Mentally will prepare your mind for the upcoming challenge (ex film, studying). And spiritually you combine both aspects of your mind and body. (ex meditating, stretching, relaxing the mind and body).

For example, Greg Oden keeps getting hurt. Right? Well I would assume the guy does not do enough stretching. Not enough cold/hot baths. Hes not preparing his body for the game of bball, and his role in it. To play down low and be a dominant power player. Its not really overtraining, its undertraining.

mlisica19
11-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Look at Blake Griffen, the guy has a season ending injury in his rookie year. I took a look at his rehab and summer training. The guy did a ton of yoga. A ton, changed his diet and worked on his leg power.

He came out literally flying for the 2nd year lol

Chacarron
11-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Glen Davis.

I think OP asked for players who overtrain not overeat. :rimshot:

Hawkeye15
11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I think OP asked for players who overtrain not overeat. :rimshot:

I think you missed the fact I was making a total joke lol

:box: