PDA

View Full Version : Build a contender with the MLE

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm bored. And there is no basketball to watch. So here is something I thought would help pass the time until the first tip-off of the season (and I'm optimistic that there will be a tip-off this year.... or perhaps early next year).

Owners are complaining that they are losing money, so in the spirit of cost reduction, lets see who could build a title contender using no more than the MLE. Each player you pick, has to be a guy that is either currently under an MLE contract, or under a contract that is less than the MLE (ie: World Peace, Chris Andersen), or players who you might think would be willing to take an MLE (Prince, Battier, Miller).

Let the team building begin. And lets not all load up on rookie contracts.

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2011, 11:40 AM
PG: D. Collison 1.2 million-current contract
SG: Rip Hamilton 5.5 million MLE after his buy-out is done ;-)
SF: Artest 5.5 million MLE
PF: Greg Monroe 2.7 million current contract
C: Chris Andersen 4.4 million current contract

Bench

PG: Mike Bibby 5.5 last seasons contract before he was bought out
PG/SG: Delonte West 1.0 current contract
SF: Kyle Korver 5.0 current contract
SF: Al Harrington 5.7
PF: K-Mart 5.5 MLE I think he'd take the MLE at this point in his career
C: Ben Wallace 2.0 million current contract
C: Darko Milicic 3.2 million current contract

Grand total: 47.2 million, and I didn't totally load up on rookie contracts. I think a roster like that, given its depth, could compete with just about any roster in the league. Swap out one player for somebody the calbire of LBJ, Wade, CP3 or Dwight, and you just made a championship team without going over the cap.

daleja424
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
can't be done.

That team you posted sucks *** dude. (and you can't include rookie deals)

xbrackattackx
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Steve Nash/Baron Davis
Joe Johnson/Hinnrich
Grant Hill/Ron Artest/Peja
Lamar Odom/Rashard Lewis/Kmart
Dalambert/Ratliff

That MlE prices and Mininums assuming players get cut due to amenesty clause.

daleja424
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
that team probably doesn't even make the playoffs... they would be lucky to average 70 points a night...

daleja424
11-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Steve Nash/Baron Davis
Joe Johnson/Hinnricj
Grant Hill/Ron Artest
Lamar Odom/Rashard Lewis
Dalambert/Ratliff

That MlE prices and Mininums assuming players get cut due to amenesty clause.

half of those guys are not MLE players... they make take less money on their next deal b/c they are still getting paid by their old team... but that does not mean that they are mle playtrs under normal circumstances.

xbrackattackx
11-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I think That team would make playoffs in east for sure. That's first year no chemistry also. not so sure about out west. If they could get clicking and had a great coach maybe.

xbrackattackx
11-14-2011, 11:50 AM
half of those guys are not MLE players... they make take less money on their next deal b/c they are still getting paid by their old team... but that does not mean that they are mle playtrs under normal circumstances.

True and I added Peja and Kmart for depth with them being older injuries could be problem, With out thinking. Creative. Like who may get cut or who would take Mles and if they would do it for another team. It would be impossible like you said.NBA is too deep now. Most teams have at
East two stars.