PDA

View Full Version : LEBRON JAMES Alleged Mishegas at Jewish Basketball Game

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-14-2011, 10:04 AM
LeBron James was the target of some Old Testament aggression after a Jewish league basketball game this week ... when a man in the gym UNLOADED on the NBA star over an alleged anti-Semetic comment.

As we previously reported, LBJ was a last minute fill-in for a team at the Mandel Jewish Community Center in Ohio Monday night ... and his team, CRUSHED their opponents.

But after the game, LBJ was verbally accosted by a man who worked at the kosher sandwich shop inside the center -- who claims he heard LeBron telling his buddies, "These Jews suck at basketball."

link (http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/13/lebron-james-alleged-drama-at-jewish-basketball-game/?adid=hero2#.TsEfWT1KOoA)

:eyebrow:

3RDASYSTEM
11-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Then later this week he'll have E.T. and his mob of aliens/martians putting the smackdown on south beach because he told E.T. to 'phone home'

GodsSon
11-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Jesus, what has this world come to? It always seems Jewish people are so quick to point out anti-Semitism when they're pretty damn racist themselves.

Want to call me out for generalizing? Go ahead.

John Walls Era
11-14-2011, 10:19 AM
What did he say that was anti-semetic?

Also this reminds me of the time I got banned...

Chi StateOfMind
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
:facepalm: I guarentee you most ppl on a daily basis make harmless steroetypes that may be racist but its just humor. On here everyone puts on a ima good citizen face on and no one can just laugh at something without taking it as a racist comment or joke. I'm sure LeBron said "dudes" not "Jews".

Grifftiggs
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
link (http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/13/lebron-james-alleged-drama-at-jewish-basketball-game/?adid=hero2#.TsEfWT1KOoA)

:eyebrow:

Im Jewish and I dont think there is anything wrong with his statement. We are not the greatest athletes in the world. LOL

Grifftiggs
11-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Jesus, what has this world come to? It always seems Jewish people are so quick to point out anti-Semitism when they're pretty damn racist themselves.

Now this comment is more of a problem than Lebrons. This guy is calling Jewish people racist and I have a problem with that.

BigCityofDreams
11-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Now this comment is more of a problem than Lebrons. This guy is calling Jewish people racist and I have a problem with that.

Let's see why he thinks Jewish people are racist.

Grifftiggs
11-14-2011, 10:44 AM
^ I'd like to know myself.

GodsSon
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM

Fact: There are racist people in every culture, or in this case religion, so don't make what I said to be so far-fetched as though Jewish people are above racism. Come on man.

It's 2011 and it seems society is regressing instead of progressing with the way things are so politically correct.

Honestly, mods should just close this crap.

Grifftiggs
11-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Fact: There are racist people in every culture, or in this case religion, so don't make what I said to be so far-fetched as though Jewish people are above racism. Come on man.

It's 2011 and it seems society is regressing instead of progressing with the way things are so politically correct.

Honestly, mods should just close this crap.

That doesnt give you the right to call out an entire group of people. Keep your Anti Semitic remarks to yourself and they are not needed here on PSD.

GodsSon
11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
That doesnt give you the right to call out an entire group of people. Keep your Anti Semitic remarks to yourself and they are not needed here on PSD.

Keep fitting that stereotype man. You know, the same that's being perpetuated in this article.

This thread isn't needed on PSD.

Big Zo
11-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I immediately thought of this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104424/jews-cant-play-basketball

Johann
11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
This thread should close pretty fast... too much of a racy subject for a sports forum.

Grifftiggs
11-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Keep fitting that stereotype man. You know, the same that's being perpetuated in this article.

This thread isn't needed on PSD.

Wow and another one from you.
If I am correct you posted this:
It always seems Jewish people are so quick to point out anti-Semitism when they're pretty damn racist themselves.

Nobody else on this thread said anything close to what you have posted. You clearly posted "Jewish people are pretty damn racist themselves" Generalizing a group of people!! Im sure the MODs with get your posts. Good Day.

kjoke
11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
This man is hitler in disguise/

monstar12
11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
:facepalm: I guarentee you most ppl on a daily basis make harmless steroetypes that may be racist but its just humor. On here everyone puts on a ima good citizen face on and no one can just laugh at something without taking it as a racist comment or joke. I'm sure LeBron said "dudes" not "Jews".

i think this comment is dead on.. i could very easily someone mishear it that way..

monstar12
11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
I immediately thought of this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104424/jews-cant-play-basketball

hahahahahah this was hilarious and perfect for this thread

BigCityofDreams
11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
This thread should close pretty fast... too much of a racy subject for a sports forum.

They can just move it to the General Discussions forum

csenoner
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
So for you guys who think this isnt offensive language, just think if the shoe were on the other foot.

Imagine there is a swimming race with some black guys and white guys. Lets say the white guy is michael phelps.

So phelps beats a team of black guys in a swimming race and then proclaims

"These blacks suck at swimming"

Do you think that would be considered racist? I sure do think it would be. I wouldnt say it to a room of black people I don't know. Do you think any of those black people might take offense to that statement.

I mean, aside from that, the fact is, its obviously prejudice. You dont take a small anecdote and apply it to a massive population. Thats what prejudice is. Black people cant swim, chinese people suck at driving etc etv. Its prejudice. A text book example of prejudice.

Now I don't think Lebron is an anti-semite, I just think he needs to choose his words more wisely. Because that was an offensive statement.

I mean did he expect the guys at the pickup game at a JCC to be able to compete with him?

I mean if he went to the YMCA and won would he say these christians suck at basketball. Of course not. The fact is, the result of the basketball game has nothign to do with religion or ethnicity. It has to do with the best player in the world playing against a bunch of dudes who play for excercize and hobby. I think Amare, Omri Casmpi, Jordan Farmar and other jews would have something to say about the notion that jews suck at basketball. So would the players in Israe's professional league, who play on teams like Maccabi Tel Aviv, one of the best teams in Europe.

and to GodsSon, who said:

"Jesus, what has this world come to? It always seems Jewish people are so quick to point out anti-Semitism when they're pretty damn racist themselves.

Want to call me out for generalizing? Go ahead."

Thats prejudice too. I am not sure where you get the notion that jews are 'pretty damn racist themselves'.

Just study up and read about jews and the civil rights movement. You should study up before you make yourself look stupid. After all jews were involved in the founding of the NAACP:

(from pbc.org)

"From the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement, Blacks and Jews marched arm-in-arm. In 1909, W.E.B. Dubois, Julius Rosenthal, Lillian Wald, Rabbi Emil G. Hirsch, Stephen Wise and Henry Malkewitz formed the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). One year later other prominent Jewish and Black leaders created the Urban League. Julius Rosenwald and Booker T. Washington worked together in 1912 to improve the educational system for Blacks in the South."

I'm not sure what your personal experience has been, but to apply it to a huge population is what we call prejudging people based on isolated experiences. Jews have fought for the rights of black people and to suggest jews are a racist people means you don't know what you are talking about. There will be racists among any large population. But to label a whole population as being racist with nothing to back it up but your feelings or what you heard, thats just ignorant.

And no one said "Jewish people are above racism." as you suggest. Any culture has racists. But to say "Jews are pretty damn racist" is not saying jews are capable of racism, but that they are racist. Big difference there.

And then you said "Keep fitting that stereotype man. You know, the same that's being perpetuated in this article." SO now you are saying that someone telling you not to post antisemetic message is 'fitting the stereotype'? What stereotype is that? The stereotype that jews are racist. First of all, telling you not to use anti-semetic language is not racist. Second of all the article doesnt perpetuate jews being racist. It shows jews standing up against anti-semitism. No one said anything racist to bron. realize that.

And you are right, psd doesnt need this thread if we are going to have bigots making ignorant remarks and making sweeping negative genralizations about entire populations of people.

Lets keep prejudice and ignorance off the message boards here.

And another note about jews sucking at basketball, lets get down to real facts and figures:

Jewish population of the world is minescule. 13 million jews in the world. 7 billion people. Thats less than 1 jewish person for ever 538 people in the world (.2%). Considering there are 450 players on active rosters in the nba, and there are 3 jews in the nba, thats 1 jewish person for every 150 nba players (.6%). So basically the percentage of jews in the nba is more than 3 times higher than the percentage of jews in the world. I think they are more than holding their own in basketball.

Iversonfan4life
11-14-2011, 11:49 AM

you have some explaining to do bud cause right now you sound like a racist bigot

nystandup
11-14-2011, 11:52 AM
It just cuz hes from canader aye......

Cal827
11-14-2011, 11:58 AM
What is with people? Just because he called them Jews, doesn't make him anti-semetic. It's not like he generalized all Jewish people.

I've got a bunch of friends of different races/cultures. I don't find it racist and get mad if they are trying to direct someone towards me and they use black to describe me..

Anyways in before lock.

:dance:

csenoner
11-14-2011, 11:59 AM
and for the record. I am not a fan of lebron, but I do not think he's a hateful person, nor an anti-semite. like I said, that was just a poor choice of words. (and perhaps he could have said dudes, but lets not invent possibilities to let him off the hook. None of us were there.)

At the end of the day, this is a story because it happened in cleveland where lbeorn is not too welcome these days, and therefore the backlash is what made this into a story. If he said it in MIA, he probably gets a few chuckles and thats it. But in Cleveland, he isnt going to get a way with a hiccup like that.

Cal827
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
So for you guys who think this isnt offensive language, just think if the shoe were on the other foot.

Imagine there is a swimming race with some black guys and white guys. Lets say the white guy is michael phelps.

So phelps beats a team of black guys in a swimming race and then proclaims

"These blacks suck at swimming"

Do you think that would be considered racist? I sure do think it would be. I wouldnt say it to a room of black people I don't know. Do you think any of those black people might take offense to that statement.

Not really, he's not generalizing the race. He's just saying it about the ones that he's against.. It's not like he used a racial slur when saying it. But I guess that's my opinion.

TO to the CHI
11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
you have some explaining to do bud cause right now you sound like a racist bigot

He doesn't have to expain anything. The poster with the username GodsSon is a racist. He has made racist statements directed at Jewish people previously and has attempted to defend his bigotry by referencing his (almost certainly very limited) life experience. There can be no doubt that reviewing his past posts demonstrates he is a racist.

GodsSon
11-14-2011, 12:03 PM
What is with people? Just because he called them Jews, doesn't make him anti-semetic. It's not like he generalized all Jewish people.

I've got a bunch of friends of different races/cultures. I don't find it racist and get mad if they are trying to direct someone towards me and they use black to describe me..

Anyways in before lock.

:dance:

This.

All I'm gathering from this is that it's apparently Anti-Semitic for a non-Jew to call a Jewish person a Jew. What a joke.

For the record, I don't need to explain myself or give specific examples of racism I've personally had or seen with Jewish people since this is not the time or the place. Like Cal said, I've grown up with people from all different kinds of backgrounds that I'm close friends with. Thank God I don't live in the US though where race/religion ALWAYS comes up.

GodsSon
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM
He doesn't have to expain anything. The poster with the username GodsSon is a racist. He has made racist statements directed at Jewish people previously and has attempted to defend his bigotry by referencing his (almost certainly very limited) life experience. There can be no doubt that reviewing his past posts demonstrates he is a racist.

You don't know me man, or what I've seen firsthand.

For the record, since when was Judaism considered a race?

magichatnumber9
11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
If it's not caught on camera it didn't happen

Hawkeye15
11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
2 pages of discussion on racism. Not really NBA worthy.