PDA

View Full Version : Durant possibly heading to Germany

stfN
11-14-2011, 06:57 AM
http://www.n-tv.de/sport/Bayreuth-arbeitet-an-Sensation-article4758436.html

Translation:

A guest performance by Dirk Nowitzki is unlikely even if the NBA Lockout is permanently. Instead Kevin Durant, NBA Topscorer in recent years, could play in the Basketball-Bundesliga. At least BBC Bayreuth is very interested.

There may be a spectacular transfer in the Basketball-Bundesliga: NBA-Topscorer Kevin Durant from the Oklahoma City Thunder reportedly is in negotiation with BBC Bayreuth and could be heading to Germany if the lockout is permanent. Bayreuths GM Manfred Schöttner confirms the interest of BBC Bayreuth. To finance the deal of the superstar who was the best Scorer in the NBA, there already were talks with potential sponsors. How a financing could look like and how contact was made is unknown.

Ready for Europe
The 23 year old Durant, who was voted for MVP of the recent World Cup evinced his interest recently to play in Europe. "I have thought of playing overseas and I am ready to make the jump.", said Durant at a charity game in Dallas.

Because of the Lockout in the NBA some superstars are currently searching for teams for which they can play for until the season in the NBA starts. All games in November have already been canceled. Also, the israeli topclub Maccabi Tel Aviv and the spanish club Valencia reportedly are negotiating with Durant.

On the Oklahoma City Thunder Durant has signed a contract over five years with 86 million guaranteed.

I think he would absolutely crush the competition in Europe. What do you think?

heyman321
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
And I'm the King of England

stfN
11-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Well it's not about how credible the source is. I just wanted to know what you think about Durant crushing the European competition.

GodsSon
11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Never happening

Niro
11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
n-tv is actualy a quite reliable source

Hellcrooner
11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Mmmm spanish press was reporting his agent had contacted with Valencia.

stawka
11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Mmmm spanish press was reporting his agent had contacted with Valencia.

For sure

Hellcrooner
11-14-2011, 03:52 PM
For sure

http://www.marca.com/2011/11/13/baloncesto/nba/1321181452.html

in case you didnt know, players have decertified, NO SEASOn, players will need to play somwhere else to get they dollars....euros.:D

PennyMy#1
11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
i'm german and was very surprised by that. bayreuth definitely has the money, but our league has no competition for him. bayreuth is a very very good club to play for in germany though. also it is a beautiful city where he would be welcome and likely be comfortable living in. german media (good sources) speak of durant and his agent talking to bayreuth for three weeks now ... sponsors are there who would make a big paycheck possible too. also bayreuth and wuerzburg (dirks former club) are one of the biggest clubs in germany to play for. the league increased their audience at games by 40% in the last 5 years. so basketball is definitely legit here but i doubt it happens.

valencia and tel aviv are in serious talks too ... legit sources say over here ...

Hellcrooner
11-14-2011, 04:13 PM
^ I heard somethign bout Dirk and Bayer....or Bayern ( not sure if the Aspirins or the Muchen ones) know anithing bout that?

PennyMy#1
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
the aspirins lol

well bayer leverkusen is bauermanns old club.

i think you mean bayern muenchen. which is the basketball team from the football (soccer) club Bayern Muenchen. Dirk Bauermann is coach there. hes germanys coach too and bayern muenchen will become THE big thing in german basketball. lots of money and very big ambitions.

i havent heard that hey will or want to sign nba players. but i think it is more likley than durant to bayreuth that anyone (even dirk nowitzki) would sign in muenchen ..

dirk nowitzki though said he will make a statement in a week or two ...

NYKalltheway
11-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Didn't expect to see this ever. Would be fun if it makes the Germans interested in basketball and will definitely be a good thing for the future of European basketball. As for Durant playing there, it's like Yao Ming playing against nursery school kids, really unfair competition. He won't be playing in any serious continental competition so it cannot be said that he "dominates Europe". He'll just dominate a quite average basketball league

ClippersE.G
11-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Hopefully all the star players go play overseas and get hurt. That would be great

Birdmannn
11-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Hopefully all the star players go play overseas and get hurt. That would be great

And i hope next time you use the stairs you fall down them. That would be really great.

KnicksorBust
11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Durant loves basketball too much to not make the jump. Euro-Ball for him makes sense.

Hellcrooner
11-14-2011, 08:44 PM
We don't want the NBA players' travelling, PED-using, isolation selfish basketball style and ballhogging either.

:eyebrow:
I was actually thinking bout this yesterday, abotu how is HIGHLY posible that if theres no nba season some(not many but 2 or 3) "stars" that decide to not sign in europe is because they would test positive in SERIOUS doping tests.

Foye
11-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Didn't expect to see this ever. Would be fun if it makes the Germans interested in basketball and will definitely be a good thing for the future of European basketball. As for Durant playing there, it's like Yao Ming playing against nursery school kids, really unfair competition. He won't be playing in any serious continental competition so it cannot be said that he "dominates Europe". He'll just dominate a far below-average basketball league

Fixed and I'm from Germany. :facepalm:
Durant won't ever play in Germany. The league sucks, he won't make as much money as he can get from some other teams and wouldn't even be available to the Euroleague. He just won't do it.

stfN
11-15-2011, 10:42 AM
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/mehrsport/basketball/1111/Artikel/kevin-durant-manfred-schoettner-bbc-bayreuth-agent-aaron-goodwin-marco-van-den-berg.html

There's an update on Durant playing for Bayreuth. Excerpt from an interview with GM Schöttner:

SPOX: When do you expect a decision from Durant?

Schöttner: As far as I know Durant will decide on Tuesday or Wednesday at latest.

SPOX: On what does it depend?

Schöttner: We are still in contention, some imagine it as being very easy though. Our offer is on the table, the big variable is the insurance sum. We don't know any details. How big is the bonus? Which risk has to be covered?

Strange thing is that they are in negotiations but don't know any details...

GhostfaceDrilla
11-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah he would crush the competition but he would still be the 2nd best player in the country if Dirk decides to go.

Captain Moroni
11-15-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.n-tv.de/sport/Bayreuth-arbeitet-an-Sensation-article4758436.html

Translation:

I think he would absolutely crush the competition in Europe. What do you think?

I think if he gets hurt....

Captain Moroni
11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Fixed and I'm from Germany. :facepalm:
Durant won't ever play in Germany. The league sucks, he won't make as much money as he can get from some other teams and wouldn't even be available to the Euroleague. He just won't do it.

Looks like he is interested. Add a couple more guys and the league won't suck anymore

NYKalltheway
11-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Looks like he is interested. Add a couple more guys and the league won't suck anymore

it will still suck... teams make up the leagues, not 2-3 players.

JordansBulls
11-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I want to go to Germany as well Kevin.

Hellcrooner
11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
splitter signed for valencia untill lockout is over.

http://www.marca.com/2011/11/16/baloncesto/acb/1321445485.html

howard on real madrids orbit to join rudy and ibaka to try to make up for the gasol effect in rivals barcelona ( both gasols and calderon will sign for them if lockout goes on)
http://www.marca.com/2011/11/16/baloncesto/acb/1321457331.html

KeepMonta#8
11-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah he would crush the competition but he would still be the 2nd best player in the country if Dirk decides to go.

i still see ur riding dirk's nuts still.

Hellcrooner
11-18-2011, 04:45 PM
http://www.marca.com/2011/11/18/baloncesto/nba/1321608469.html?a=PR3c9cfd05ffebf51a051dafedb9efe2 e92&t=1321648999

Pierce may sign for unicaja or CAI ZARAGOZA....yep thats HERE.
I swear to god if i meet him on the street he is gonna need that wheelchair for REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LakersKB24
11-18-2011, 07:43 PM
http://www.marca.com/2011/11/18/baloncesto/nba/1321608469.html?a=PR3c9cfd05ffebf51a051dafedb9efe2 e92&t=1321648999

Pierce may sign for unicaja or CAI ZARAGOZA....yep thats HERE.
I swear to god if i meet him on the street he is gonna need that wheelchair for REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to give him my greetings, too :p

NYKalltheway
11-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Is Marca reliable? I keep forgetting which 2 Spanish magazines are the crap ones :D

Hellcrooner
11-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Is Marca reliable? I keep forgetting which 2 Spanish magazines are the crap ones :D

sports newspapers?

As= Absolute Crap
Sport= Ridiculously crapy.
EL mundo deportivo/ Marca= vomitive but more or less reliable....1/3 of the time.

and odnt even get me started with "serious" newspapers.

jiggin
11-18-2011, 11:21 PM
i NEVER want to see a player get hurt, but I will not feel one bit of remorse for the players or player (and it will happen) that ends up injured playing overseas...

...loving the game is no reason to go asking for issues. You can get by without having to go play overseas...

stfN
11-23-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.sport1.de/de/basketball/basketball_bundesliga/artikel_484108.html

Durant-Deal: "It doesn't look bad"

The Manager of Bayreuth, Uli Euchbaum, looks optimistic that NBA superstar Kevin Durant will join the German club.

"It doesn't look bad, but there's nothing signed yet."

"His agent, Aaron Goodwin, said he will send us the draft of the contract in the next days."

Seems to happen...