PDA

View Full Version : Stern tweeting live at 7pm

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:00 PM
David Stern will be tweeting live starting at 7pm... so nowish:

Answers to questions will be posted on @NBA

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:01 PM
We're live w/ David Stern & Adam Silver...send ur questions about the NBA's CBA proposal to @NBA & we'll answer starting right now.

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:05 PM
@NBA
Contraction has been discussed but is not a complete solution
45 seconds ago

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
apparently David Stern is a moron and cannot work twitter...

10 minutes in and he has answered ONE question so far :fail:

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
@NBA
Stretch exception only applies to contracts signed under new CBA
1 minute ago

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 08:11 PM
We're live w/ David Stern & Adam Silver...send ur questions about the NBA's CBA proposal to @NBA & we'll answer starting right now.

Somebody needs to ask him why is he going out his way to win public opinion

Wade>You
11-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Alright PSD, here's your chance to let him have it for not having a deal done yet.

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:12 PM
send all your questions and criticisms to @NBA on twitter

Wade>You
11-13-2011, 08:13 PM
spencerhawes00 Spencer Hawes

@nba if the commish calls the agents greedy for trying to protect their clients from a trbl deal what does that make the owners?

This is gonna be great.

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Spencer Hawes:
since we have covered all of your alleged losses(and more)why am I not getting ready for a game tonight. Reason the lockout continues?

if the commish calls the agents greedy for trying to protect their clients from a trbl deal what does that make the owners?

sounds like silver propaganda acting like bri and system issues aren't related. They are

@NBA
Don’t agree; season starts if union agrees to NBA’s proposal.

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:16 PM
How can the league cite competitive balance as a reason for this terrible offer when 3 of final 4 teams last year were not tax teams?

NBA: The last five NBA champions were taxpayers

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:17 PM
And why are players being "unreasonable" and "greedy" when they are the only side making sacrifices from previous CBA?

NBA: Players not unreasonable or greedy; system is broken

Wade>You
@NBA
Don’t agree; season starts if union agrees to NBA’s proposal.Season would've been here if Owners hadn't locked players out or at least look to negotiate in good faith.

daleja424
using the D-league 5 year $75k demotion clause, are you trying to get out from guarantee contracts? Isn't this clause a bit too unfair?

NBA: No such clause was even proposed

Wade>You
11-13-2011, 08:18 PM
NBA: The last five NBA champions were taxpayersYou can't argue against arbitrary statistics and facts. 5 Years is a big enough sample size. :rolleyes:

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
No matter the system, teams will have to make smart decisions to succeed

Wade>You
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
@CP3 Chris Paul
@NBA you failed to answer Spencer Hawes question...still waiting for that answer!

McPeak92
11-13-2011, 08:24 PM
lol Spencer Hawes asking the tough questions. love it.

gotoHcarolina52
11-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Breaking News

@VeryReliableSource

Source: Spencer Hawes excommunicated from the NBA. Effective immediately.

Wade>You
11-13-2011, 08:27 PM
@DwyaneWade
@NBA why are all your "system solutions" only impacting the PLAYERS?? What have the owners giving up of significance??

McPeak92
11-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Nba nba

.@spencerhawes00 teams are group being criticized for trying to raise avg salaries from $5 mill to $8 mill & provide for better competition
2 minutes ago

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:28 PM
this is boring... Im done with the live updates.

jimm120
11-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I was reading them :(

Which tweet can i find this at? @nba ?

gotoHcarolina52
11-13-2011, 08:32 PM
gostu22

@NBA why don't you raise max salaries so teams can't fit multiple stars under the cap? Seems like it would enhance comp. balance...

NBA

@gostu22 Max salary will be $20 mill in year 3: higher maxes would take money from other players especially middle class

Wade>You
11-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Nba nbaGreat job of avoiding the question, that's vintage David Stern right there.

CeeDub15
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/nba%20proposal%2011-11-2011.pdf

smith&wesson
this is boring... Im done with the live updates.

NO its not! its the best forum going right now. your awesome dude.

whats going on with spencer lol he is giving it to the comish.

gotoHcarolina52
11-13-2011, 08:36 PM
DwyaneWade

@NBA why are all your "system solutions" only impacting the PLAYERS?? What have the owners giving up of significance??

NBA

@DwyaneWade The economics & system favored the players in prior CBA -- Teams lost over 300m last year

Wade>You
11-13-2011, 08:37 PM
I was reading them :(

Which tweet can i find this at? @nba ?@NBA (link (http://twitter.com/nba)) is answering questions, other sports writers are retweeting @NBA answers and fan / player questions.

NBA_Starter
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Yawn

Tmath
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Im gonna be pissed tomorrow when I get home from busting my *** to find out these greedy cack suckers haven't made a deal.

ink
And why are players being "unreasonable" and "greedy" when they are the only side making sacrifices from previous CBA?

NBA: Players not unreasonable or greedy; system is broken

Fully agree with this.

It's only certain fans that are stuck in this ridiculous blame game. And unfortunately most of those fans have also decided they have to pick sides; they have picked the players' side.

topdog
You can't argue against arbitrary statistics and facts. 5 Years is a big enough sample size. :rolleyes:

The last CBA was six years... just saying!

kjoke
How can you expect the players to go from 57 to 50 BRI & be satisfied with a deal unless the owners also make significant concessions? Good question

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 08:41 PM
these players sound like they are attacking the comish. are those real questions ? or just attempts to ridicule ??

so far i like the answers.

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Very interesting:
Tax calculation in year 3: 53.5% of BRI, subtract player benefits, divide by 30: projected at $74 mill

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:42 PM
prior to year three the tax and cap will be equal or greater to this years level.

jimm120
11-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I thought that was a ******** question by wade.

The "solutions" hurts teams too. They cant spend what they want. But that is a by-product of the past cba, in which many were often forced to overspend.

Teams that want to win and overspend always or sometimes are gonna be held back (dallas, knicks, spurs, etc), while the owners that dont care about spending (clippers) will be quite happy with having everyone wih their hands tied

So yeah, dumb question by wade

gotoHcarolina52
these players sound like they are attacking the comish. are those real questions ? or just attempts to ridicule ??

They are tough, pointed questions. The answers so far have been trite and evasive.

ink

It's hilarious how much people love their player heroes and hate on a guy who has the balls to take direct, tough questions from anyone like Stern is doing. I don't see the players doing this. Then again Stern is a lot brighter than anyone the players would have answering Qs. You can hate him all you like but he is an intelligent man.

ink
11-13-2011, 08:45 PM
They are tough, pointed questions. The answers so far have been trite and evasive.

:laugh: It's ****ing twitter. What do you expect????

gotoHcarolina52
11-13-2011, 08:45 PM
It's hilarious how much people love their player heroes and hate on a guy who has the balls to take direct, tough questions from anyone like Stern is doing. I don't see the players doing this. Then again Stern is a lot brighter than anyone the players would have answering Qs. You can hate him all you like but he is an intelligent man.

I don't mind David Stern at all. I think him and Adam Silver have acted pretty fairly throughout the entire process (cancellation threats aside), but don't act as if they're actually answering any of these questions.

gotoHcarolina52
11-13-2011, 08:47 PM
:laugh: It's ****ing twitter. What do you expect????

The 140 character constraint doesn't also constrain candidness and directness . . .

ink
11-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't mind David Stern at all. I think him and Adam Silver have acted pretty fairly throughout the entire process (cancellation threats aside), but don't act as if they're actually answering any of these questions.

This is about availability. I don't expect anything on twitter, that is unless it has a link, to give any depth. Come on, you must realize that you're not getting depth on twitter. Ever.

J4KOP99
11-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Someone please ask the ****ing idiotic players if they understand that the NBA is a business (just like any major company) and that because the business is currently failing (teams are losing millions of dollars) that the Owners and Commissioner are going to make an attempt to change things to give them a better opportunity to make a profit.

Also, ask the players how much an average salary is in the NBA.

-I don't have a twitter but if I did, I would love to ask Dwayne Wade or any other player these questions.

jimbobjarree
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I've liked his answers so far, especialy to wade.

ink
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
The 140 character constraint doesn't also constrain candidness and directness . . .

It's better for one-liners, glibness, and griping.

The latter is what the players have used it for, and apparently that has affected their general lack of understanding and communication of the deal. Sure they've been tweeting the hell out of the negotiating process, but they haven't been saying anything substantial. It's the medium.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM

he kind of is dude. like the fact that the dleague thing was just a rumour. it was never proposed.

another answer was in good faith when he said that the players were not greedy rather the system is broken.

also made a good point about the last 5 champs being tax payers.

what is he dodging ? consider the fact that its twitter. he isnt going to get in to long in depth answers. the questions arent very well thought out in the first place. they actually sound like random venting more then anything else.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 08:52 PM
i've liked his answers so far, especialy to wade.

+1

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 08:54 PM

ive actually have grown some respect for stern through out this lock out. he is a very intellegent dude

J4KOP99
11-13-2011, 08:55 PM
ive actually have grown some respect for stern through out this lock out. he is a very intellegent dude

Yeah man, he really makes some of these players/ NBAPA guys look like fools. Stern is on a completely different level.

daleja424
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
no doubt. Stern is an evil little genius!

ink
11-13-2011, 08:58 PM

I have too. I was neutral about him before this lockout but the hate the man receives just makes me listen more closely to him. I look at the haters and ask myself if I would rather get answers from them or from him, and it is not a very hard decision to make. He takes tough positions but he has an almost impossible job with really polarized interests to try to accommodate. He is bound to make someone angry.

In the end, when you look at his reasoning, he's right most of the time.

daleja424
11-13-2011, 09:06 PM
All league executives are taking pay cuts in addition to over 300 job cuts across the league
Stern

devilsheat25
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Every team will have least 500 tickets for $10 or less for every game this season

AndyfromNeptune
11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Every team will have least 500 tickets for $10 or less for every game this season

EVen the knicks n lakers ?

devilsheat25
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM

Says every team right?

jimm120
$10 bucks or less

But seriously, it would be cool if one of these entities (nba mlb nhl nfl) could put all ticket prices in certain price ranges and not allow teams to charge the way Dolan is gonna charge next season 51% increase in price

smith&wesson

stern said this ? thats decent.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
did wade and hawes stop asking questions ? lol

devilsheat25
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
stern said this ? thats decent.

Yeah.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 09:14 PM

Nosebleeds that will be sold out b4 it even reaches the general public. Scalpers will snatch em in a heartbeat

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 09:17 PM
All these scripted robotic answers are already swaying public opinion. Stern had a gameplan and Hunter who knew all this did what??

5ass
stern is very smart, he's just very stubborn and kind of greedy too

itsripcity32
The last CBA was six years... just saying!

:)

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 09:19 PM
stern is very smart, he's just very stubborn and kind of greedy too

whenever business and money is concerned greed is always a factor. players or owners.

but this isnt all about profit gain either. the system issues are just as high in priority. plus doesnt stern get paid the same wage regardless? i dont see how he personally would gain in profits

5ass
11-13-2011, 09:29 PM
whenever business and money is concerned greed is always a factor. players or owners.

but this isnt all about profit gain either. the system issues are just as high in priority. plus doesnt stern get paid the same wage regardless? i dont see how he personally would gain in profits

well for one he is the one that caused the NBA to expand to 30 teams, yet he never really admits that it was his fault that some teams aren't making enough profit... i mean u never open/expand a business without making economic projections to make sure u make some profit, im sure he did that, but now realizes he was wrong, but still won't admit that he made a mistake, bcz the moment he admits that, the owners will probably try to replace him..

Cosmic_Canon
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
@theRealHrdlicka Matt Hrdlicka
@NBA How is raising each team's payroll floor a concession when the OVR BRI drops? Seems to me, that helps owners w/higher payrolls.

@NBA NBA
.@theRealHrdlicka Raising payroll floor improves competition among all teams

lol Stern :laugh2:
This Twitterview is ridiculous. :laugh:

ink
11-13-2011, 09:35 PM
well for one he is the one that caused the NBA to expand to 30 teams, yet he never really admits that it was his fault that some teams aren't making enough profit... i mean u never open/expand a business without making economic projections to make sure u make some profit, im sure he did that, but now realizes he was wrong, but still won't admit that he made a mistake, bcz the moment he admits that, the owners will probably try to replace him..

No doubt expansion was a mistake, but it was also made worse by the fact that the economy took a violent turn for the worse in 2007, and took a downturn after 9/11. Did you predict that? Did anyone? And if they did, who was listening at the time?

The owners are not going to replace him for the recession, or for expansion. Every time they expand any league, their coffers are filled. The owners all benefited from expansion, just as all the players with a place in the league did.

AndyfromNeptune
Says every team right?

Yes, clearly I can read.

Just sounds hard to believe considering MSG was just renovated.

AndyfromNeptune
Nosebleeds that will be sold out b4 it even reaches the general public. Scalpers will snatch em in a heartbeat

ohhh okayy.. thank you

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 09:36 PM

that doesnt really make him greedy. expanding the league is somthing he is still trying to do. when business expands you open doors to more customers, more marketing, more exposure. the idea behind it was not bad. just because some teams are losing money it doesnt really mean that expanding the league was a bad idea. not all good ideas pan out. but the system requires change in order for the league to be more successfull as a whole.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 09:41 PM

what control do the owners have over that ? atleast the effort is there on their part. starting the tickets at lower prices can not be a bad thing for fans in anyway.

Jonathan2323
11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Its obvious that the owners are still pissed off what the HEAT pulled off last year. "we want to create a system where all 30 teams compete" get out of here thats unrealistic.

5ass
11-13-2011, 09:44 PM
but the gap btwn the markets making money and those not is HUGE, u cant tell me expansion was not a mistake.. if stern is still expanding he is a total dumbass, except if hes expanding globally (Europe mostly).. if so many teams are losing money, start contracting, the market and the economy is probably not getting better.. or hell atleast threaten the players with contraction so that they concede more on the new CBA

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Its obvious that the owners are still pissed off what the HEAT pulled off last year. "we want to create a system where all 30 teams compete" get out of here thats unrealistic.

it may be unrealistic to think that it will ever be completly fair. but you have to try to get as even of a playing field as possible. its good for business. or at least give that perception other wise you will have fans of at least 15 teams turn theyre back on the league. who wants to cheer a team that has 0 hope ? you have to give your fans a reason to be hopefull, a reason to support.

its bigger then just your heat trust me

Ill21
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Wow Stern is a genius.

Jonathan2323
11-13-2011, 09:49 PM
it may be unrealistic to think that it will ever be completly fair. but you have to try to get as even of a playing field as possible. its good for business.

this is bigger then your heat, trust me.

I don't think it is, the HEAT have alot to do with whats happening right now. Im talking about the competitive balance/system issues. Owners are worried that their star players will leave to create another super team.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 09:51 PM
what control do the owners have over that ? atleast the effort is there on their part. starting the tickets at lower prices can not be a bad thing for fans in anyway.

Selling 500 nosebleeds in an arena that fits thousands of people is not a good gesture. It's average @ best. The owners will be gaining more money from the players so how about they slash prices on normal seats. The scalper statement was not a swipe @ the owners. The 500 seats are laughable

ink
I don't think it is, the HEAT have alot to do with whats happening right now. Im talking about the competitive balance/system issues. Owners are worried that their star players will leave to create another super team.

It's definitely bigger than the Heat and has been building for a while. Did FA 2010 push things over the edge once and for all? Yes. But there were issues dating back to Shaq leaving the Magic and extending all the way up to CP3 and DHoward whining about needing to go somewhere where they would have "help" that have pushed us to the point where we are. And that completely ignores the losses the league has sustained and the unworkable CBA they just got out from under.

smith&wesson
but the gap btwn the markets making money and those not is HUGE, u cant tell me expansion was not a mistake.. if stern is still expanding he is a total dumbass, except if hes expanding globally (Europe mostly).. if so many teams are losing money, start contracting, the market and the economy is probably not getting better.. or hell atleast threaten the players with contraction so that they concede more on the new CBA

Ya as far as further expansion is concerned ive only heard rumours about europe. which is why some nba teams played games in europe last year like the nets and raps. i guess they are testing the waters and seeing what the turn outs are, or trying to spread popularity over there.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Selling 500 nosebleeds in an arena that fits thousands of people is not a good gesture. It's average @ best. The owners will be gaining more money from the players so how about they slash prices on normal seats. The scalper statement was not a swipe @ the owners. The 500 seats are laughable

so your happier if those same seats start at 35$ ??

BigCityofDreams
11-13-2011, 09:57 PM
that doesnt really make him greedy. expanding the league is somthing he is still trying to do. when business expands you open doors to more customers, more marketing, more exposure. the idea behind it was not bad. just because some teams are losing money it doesnt really mean that expanding the league was a bad idea. not all good ideas pan out. but the system requires change in order for the league to be more successfull as a whole.

Expanding to some cities that don't have the desire to support an NBA team is a bad idea.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Expanding to some cities that don't have the desire to support an NBA team is a bad idea.

thats a pretty broad statement. which team are you reffering too.

BigCityofDreams
11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
thats a pretty broad statement. which team are you reffering too.

Well after moving the Hornets to NO did they really need to bring a team back to Charlotte

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 10:15 PM
so your happier if those same seats start at 35$ ??

No I'd be happier if 85 dollar tickets were 35 dollars ... But realistically I'd even accept 50. Going to a game in Ny cost u 100 bucks easy even if you have a cheap ticket. Parking, food alone costs over 50 bucks

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 10:32 PM
No I'd be happier if 85 dollar tickets were 35 dollars ... But realistically I'd even accept 50. Going to a game in Ny cost u 100 bucks easy even if you have a cheap ticket. Parking, food alone costs over 50 bucks

how many people in new york ? if the tickets were that cheap you would be fighting for available seats.

no one likes nose bleed seats but some fans simply cant afford more then that. the first game i ever went too when i was a kid was the raps vs the bulls. i still remember it till this day.. my raps beat mj's bulls (that one game) and i bought my ticket for 5$ at school and went with bunch of friends. needless to say i still remember it till this day and have been a die hard fan ever since.

the point is the lower the prices are more fans who makes average salaries can attend a live game.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Well after moving the Hornets to NO did they really need to bring a team back to Charlotte

i loved the charlotte hornets when i was a kid. remember LJ, ZO AND MUGGSY ? that was one of my fav teams. that team was compatetive. and north carolina loves sports. basketball is popular there. the team simply sux right now. doesnt mean they dont have the fan base. they just need a good product like many other small market teams.

i know what your saying ... expansion hasnt exactly panned out. all im saying is the idea behind it wasnt all bad. im not sure what the process is for deciding what city gets a team but i imagine there are cities that can be more profitable franchises then others.

new orleans had suffered a major crisis as a city and the average citizen isnt thinking about basketball games right now. stern had the right intentions with expansion it just hasnt worked out to plan as well and there are aspect of the american economy over the last 11 years that have to be considered.

also look at some other teams like okc. they deserve a team those fans are passionate even though they are a small market team. look at toronto they are a profitable organization. expansion hasnt been ALL BAD

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
We'd be fighting over tickets no matter what the prices are.. So offering those seats for 50 bucks would be no big deal. Nosebleeds are good for those situations but the league can do better since it is a recession. Food and merchandise hasn't gone down because of it but they preach it to the players. What about us? What have they done for the avg American fan trying to go to a few games.... They already had cheap nosebleeds that's why I'm insulted by that tweet

how many people in new york ? if the tickets were that cheap you would be fighting for available seats.

no one likes nose bleed seats but some fans simply cant afford more then that. the first game i ever went too when i was a kid was the raps vs the bulls. i still remember it till this day.. my raps beat mj's bulls (that one game) and i bought my ticket for 5$ at school and went with bunch of friends. needless to say i still remember it till this day and have been a die hard fan ever since.

also i loved the charlotte hornets when i was a kid. remember LJ, ZO AND MUGGSY ? that was one of my fav teams.

i know what your saying ... expansion hasnt exactly panned out. all im saying is the idea behind it wasnt all that bad. stern had the right intentions with expansion it just hasnt worked out to plan as well and there are aspect of the american economy over the last 11 years that have to be considered as well.

also look at some other teams like okc. they deserve a team those fans are passionate even though they are a small market team. look at phx they have a great fan base,toronto, etc..

heyman321
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Did Wade really just tweet that ridiculous claim? Yes the players have been giving most back, but only because the previous CBA was so flawed and in the players' favour. Jesus Christ.

BigCityofDreams
11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
i loved the charlotte hornets when i was a kid. remember LJ, ZO AND MUGGSY ? that was one of my fav teams. that team was compatetive. and north carolina loves sports. basketball is popular there. the team simply sux right now. doesnt mean they dont have the fan base. they just need a good product like many other small market teams.

i know what your saying ... expansion hasnt exactly panned out. all im saying is the idea behind it wasnt all bad. im not sure what the process is for deciding what city gets a team but i imagine there are cities that can be more profitable franchises then others.

new orleans had suffered a major crisis as a city and the average citizen isnt thinking about basketball games right now. stern had the right intentions with expansion it just hasnt worked out to plan as well and there are aspect of the american economy over the last 11 years that have to be considered.

also look at some other teams like okc. they deserve a team those fans are passionate even though they are a small market team. look at toronto they are a profitable organization. expansion hasnt been ALL BAD

True expansion hasn't been all that bad and you're right maybe they had the right intentions but sometimes it feels like he wants to expand for the sake of expanding. He's still talking about putting a division in Europe.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 10:57 PM
We'd be fighting over tickets no matter what the prices are.. So offering those seats for 50 bucks would be no big deal. Nosebleeds are good for those situations but the league can do better since it is a recession. Food and merchandise hasn't gone down because of it but they preach it to the players. What about us? What have they done for the avg American fan trying to go to a few games.... They already had cheap nosebleeds that's why I'm insulted by that tweet

doesnt each franchise have different priceing ? i dont think you can put it on ALL the owners that your teams tickets are over priced.

I think what your saying is that the 500 seats at 10 dollars isnt really a gesture to you as a fan. a real gesture in your eyes would be to give closer seats out for cheaper. thats a business decision your franchise makes.

but you also have to undertand that if tickets that go for 200$ all of a sudden drop to $75, your business is going to be much less profitable. and when your stadium is gettin sold out either way you would have to be pretty dumb to take that loss willingly.

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Did Wade really just tweet that ridiculous claim? Yes the players have been giving most back, but only because the previous CBA was so flawed and in the players' favour. Jesus Christ.

wade should have though out his question more. he made him self sound like a meat head.

Kinkotheclown
11-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Somebody needs to ask him why is he going out his way to win public opinion
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 11:04 PM
True expansion hasn't been all that bad and you're right maybe they had the right intentions but sometimes it feels like he wants to expand for the sake of expanding. He's still talking about putting a division in Europe.

ya that is what has been rumoured.. i still dont know how it would work or if its a good idea. but i think he beleives the more you expand in other countries the bigger the nba gets on global scale. i really dont know how that will pan out either. i know its worked out great for us in toronto so im not one to knock somthing before its tried. but i do see how expansion has hurt the league as well.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 11:08 PM
doesnt each franchise have different priceing ? i dont think you can put it on ALL the owners that your teams tickets are over priced.

I think what your saying is that the 500 seats at 10 dollars isnt really a gesture to you as a fan. a real gesture in your eyes would be to give closer seats out for cheaper. thats a business decision your franchise makes.

but you also have to undertand that if tickets that go for 200$ all of a sudden drop to $75, your business is going to be much less profitable. and when your stadium is gettin sold out either way you would have to be pretty dumb to take that loss willingly.

True but that would be a gesture. Telling fans something u already do is not. We as fans pay whatever they charge. They talk about economic hard times so more should be done for us in that case. If owners are complaining then they should do 4 us as well who makes them money . If u don't agree they can't do better then we just agree to disagree

smith&wesson
11-13-2011, 11:16 PM
True but that would be a gesture. Telling fans something u already do is not. We as fans pay whatever they charge. They talk about economic hard times so more should be done for us in that case. If owners are complaining then they should do 4 us as well who makes them money . If u don't agree they can't do better then we just agree to disagree

you know what brother im a fan so how do i argue what your saying ? I side with fans before owners or players any day. im with you.

I would love floor seats for half the price why the hell not :o

BigCityofDreams
11-13-2011, 11:30 PM
ya that is what has been rumoured.. i still dont know how it would work or if its a good idea. but i think he beleives the more you expand in other countries the bigger the nba gets on global scale. i really dont know how that will pan out either. i know its worked out great for us in toronto so im not one to knock somthing before its tried. but i do see how expansion has hurt the league as well.

Fair enough

likemystylez
11-13-2011, 11:45 PM

I think the general idea is to make it so a wider range of demographics can go and watch NBA games and become fans of the expierience. Not the same fans upgrading their seats.

If more people are able to go and get into basketball, than they become fans of the team and start following them either at the arena or on tv. The teams revenue grows as the support for them grows through out their community

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 11:56 PM
I think the general idea is to make it so a wider range of demographics can go and watch NBA games and become fans of the expierience. Not the same fans upgrading their seats.

If more people are able to go and get into basketball, than they become fans of the team and start following them either at the arena or on tv. The teams revenue grows as the support for them grows through out their community

Ur right .. Once they have you why cater to you.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-13-2011, 11:58 PM
you know what brother im a fan so how do i argue what your saying ? I side with fans before owners or players any day. im with you.

:clap: now that's what I'm talkin bout lol... Floor Raps vs Knicks

J4KOP99
11-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I would love an Iphone for 75-100 dollars... Apple would still make millions of dollars. Why not make their phones more accessible for those with less money...

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-14-2011, 12:32 AM
I would love an Iphone for 75-100 dollars... Apple would still make millions of dollars. Why not make their phones more accessible for those with less money...

They do sell iPhones for 100... WOULD U LIKE TO TRY AGAIN? Or do you want a link? They have them free now as well... Sarcasm gone wrong

heyman321
11-14-2011, 12:45 AM
They do sell iPhones for 100... WOULD U LIKE TO TRY AGAIN? Or do you want a link? They have them free now as well... Sarcasm gone wrong

yes they do sell iphones for $100. The lowest capacity, two generation old, iphone that requires you to be on a 2 year contract in the US, and 3 year contracts in Canada and the UK. So really, it's not $100.

J4KOP99
11-14-2011, 12:47 AM

I'm talking about new phones/products. Not with plans or anything. The actual phone. Find me one. And what do you guys not understand about pricing...

Tickets are clearly not "over-priced" if they are sold out. You ever see empty seats at Knicks or Lakers games? Do you know how much good seats cost at their respective stadiums?

These teams don't give a **** if you (in general) cannot afford to sit court side. As long as SOMEONE is sitting there, it doesn't matter.

The NBA is a business. The owners should be allowed to do whatever they please if it means it will help them make money (and it is legal)

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-14-2011, 12:53 AM
yes they do sell iphones for $100. The lowest capacity, two generation old, iphone that requires you to be on a 2 year contract in the US, and 3 year contracts in Canada and the UK. So really, it's not $100.

I know that . But it doesnt matter. It's still available for 100. If he chooses to be sarcastic then so shall I

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-14-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm talking about new phones/products. Not with plans or anything. The actual phone. Find me one. And what do you guys not understand about pricing...

Tickets are clearly not "over-priced" if they are sold out. You ever see empty seats at Knicks or Lakers games? Do you know how much good seats cost at their respective stadiums?

These teams don't give a **** if you (in general) cannot afford to sit court side. As long as SOMEONE is sitting there, it doesn't matter.

The NBA is a business. The owners should be allowed to do whatever they please if it means it will help them make money (and it is legal)

I disagree . They do give a damn. That's why they are all over twitter, that's why u are in this thread. Because they care. If fans took a stand and decided not to go to games until prices go down . GUESS what would happen. People forget that we make the Nba a success. So funny all these small market fans are defending every word Stern says. It's the fans like u and I that makes the league a success . THe owners complain about losing money but the and they will recoupe that money from the players. Ticket prices will still be the same or higher but that's ok. That's y the rich get wealthy because we conform to whatever they say without?

AndyfromNeptune
11-14-2011, 01:21 AM

what are the prices of average seats in toronto ?? just curious

AndyfromNeptune
11-14-2011, 01:23 AM
i really wanna go to a raptors vs knicks game in toronto next yearrr