PDA

View Full Version : The good and bad about the lockout

ldawg
11-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I hate the lockout but it does some good for the Lakers. Kobe, Barns and Bynum all needed some time away from the sport to heal their knees. We should see a healthy rested Kobe and i am so glad he did not play over seas. Barns speed was miss badly after he got hurt he was ahead of Artest in minutes played until he got hurt. Bynum will always have issues with his knees but this lockout will help him. He will already complete his annual miss games with a short season add his 10 suspension games still pending and he should be good to go for the remaining games. His Knees will be well rested and should be the best center in the West. That means his first all-star game if they have one. Pau also needed time away given he played for Spain. He has played allot over the last 4 years having to play so much minutes with Bynum on the mend, played deep in the playoffs and still for his country.

With the good however comes the bad. The Lakers have a new Coach and System and have yet to hold one practice. This is a year the Lakers should have hope for not such a drastic change. With a short season the Lakers have plenty of catching up to do. The season will have shorter days off between games. Being a vet team that is not a good thing knowing they have to practice on system plenty too. Then there is the moves that still has to be made. This is still the same team that played poorly all year long that eventually got swept and with the loss of Shannon Brown they became even slower. His shot fell off but he helped them get off to a great start and was hot from down town he also was the only highlight reel on this team. If that loss is not replaced it could get even more ugly. Its going to be interesting seeing Fisher and Artest on a fast break if you can call it that.

KillaInstinct24
11-13-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't know man. Didn't we have plenty of off time after beating the celtics last year? And how wisely did some of the players use that off time? In fact, you could argue the time Kobe had off by not practicing ended up causing chemistry and fundamental issues with the team. Combine that with the fact that the players are under NO supervision whatsoever with the lockout ongoing. These guys need to get back to practice. Hopefully By-numb hasn't put on 20 lbs during the lockout. He's already proven his immaturity.

rgr_crrl
11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Not to mention Kobe is getting older with no games to be played. :mad: I don't want to miss any time from his great career but it sure is looking like they are going to lose out on the whole season.

numba1CHANGsta
11-15-2011, 01:19 AM
There is no good that comes out of a lockout, only bad.

Avenged
11-15-2011, 01:32 AM
They have had more than enough time though. I'm not really seeing much positives from a fans perspective especially because of what you mentioned.. the team is yet to practice together w/ the new coach and system.

We also have holes to fill which haven't.

handle
11-15-2011, 10:17 AM
The good of a cancelled season:
One less ring for LeBron, potentially.
Time for our players to heal, especially Kobe's knee and finger (which I know is iffy whether or not rest will heal it).
Luke will most certainly retire.
The geriatric Celtic's window is closed once and for all.

The bad:
One less ring for Kobe, potentially. Will he ever catch Jordan?
Chance of Kobe passing KAJ for #1 in all-time scoring is gone.
Our aging players - especially Kobe, Fisher, Artest - get even older and less effective. How old will Fisher be 2013 if this season is cancelled? 38?

ironkobe
11-15-2011, 09:51 PM
the bad is this could be it for kobe greatness he might turn into a vince carter or tmac