PDA

View Full Version : Source: Players Would Approve Owners' Latest Proposal

Punk
11-12-2011, 08:35 PM
A source tells Shaun Powell that if given the opportunity, the union's full membership of players would vote to approve the NBA's revised proposal.

"Source told me if full membership votes on the owner's deal, NBA would open for business by Wednesday," Powell writes.

"This the best deal the owners will extend, everyone understands that," said the source.

Powell cites a "silent majority" of rank-and-file players who want to get back on the court and are uninterested in the decertification process or further negotiations with the owners.
Via Shaun Powell (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/

This explains why they've been so less eager to put it to vote.

gwrighter
11-12-2011, 08:39 PM
how come they are less eager?

smith&wesson
11-12-2011, 08:50 PM
well it makes sence because out of 4 hundred some odd players about 130 of them are in favour of decertification. as per paul pierce and his little list.

mdm692
11-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Because billy hunter is a douche and derek fisher is a puppet and the nbpa is presenting the owners offer to the players as a horrible obe when in reality its one of the best offers in modern day professional sports. Not to mention the nbpa wants to squeeze as much money as possible from the owners when in reality the longer they play hard the more the owners offer will get worse. But whatever f### the NBPA f### fisher and hunter and f### sarver and gilbert lets just play some effing basketball!!!

Wade>You
11-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Because billy hunter is a douche and derek fisher is a puppet and the nbpa is presenting the owners offer to the players as a horrible obe when in reality its one of the best offers in modern day professional sports. Not to mention the nbpa wants to squeeze as much money as possible from the owners when in reality the longer they play hard the more the owners offer will get worse. But whatever f### the NBPA f### fisher and hunter and f### sarver and gilbert lets just play some effing basketball!!!:cricket:

NBA_Starter
11-12-2011, 09:27 PM
This guy says yes, Ric Bucher says no, who knows??

smith&wesson
11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
This guy says yes, Ric Bucher says no, who knows??

well he aint exactly saying yes. he is saying IF there was a vote a deal would be reached. but thats a huge if and doesnt look like its happening.

daleja424
11-12-2011, 09:46 PM
here is the thing... why not give a copy of the deal out to all the players and then call your meeting... I'll tell you why:

B/c the union leaders intend to decide before hand whether they want to accept the deal and then they will present the deal with the appropriate spin.

They don't want their players to form objective opinions about the deal. They want make sure they are in a position to spin anything they don't agree with.

I have been with the players all along...but this is shady. Send a copy of the deal in question out to the players so they can form an informed decision.... b/c right now they all look like idiots on twitter fighting/supporting a deal they know nothing about yet.

topdog
11-12-2011, 09:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/33231/nothing-left-to-yell-about

Henry Abott also suggests the deal will be ratified, but it's really so hard to say.

jim51990
11-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Best way to put it is I'm on the players side but not the players union's side

NBA_Starter
11-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't trust Billy Hunter!

gotoHcarolina52
11-12-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't trust Billy Hunter!

I don't trust Derek Fisher!

Mudvayne91
11-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Honestly, who can you trust? So many rumors and so many fails. If for no other reason than betting, I am hopeful it ends soon. I can't deny I'll watch every Nuggets game I can though.

VillaMaravilla
11-12-2011, 10:16 PM
really who cares anymore, this whole thing is gotten disgusting if they play great if they dont oh well life goes on like Lebron said we will have the same life and problems to deal with tomm with or with out these greedy ****s...........

mdm692
11-12-2011, 10:24 PM
:cricket:

hmmm ok. Weird.