PDA

View Full Version : 94' Knicks and the Bad Boys Pistons..

ajnapoleon
11-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Could those teams play in this Era? i was looking at some games from back then and the was so many cheap shots and fights...any one can adapt but those where the times where it was no so "PC".

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Best Era of bball. The whole league was gritty back then

DoMeFavors
11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Kind of sad tht NBA has become such a wussy sport now, a fight in NBA is two players getting in each others face only waiting for refs to pull them away. They wont do nothing.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I miss those days but you can't have it both ways. We complain about things being watered down now but back in the day I remember hearing a lot of complaints about how the players were "just brawling thugs" and how "this isn't even basketball"...... and so forth.

Even though I miss it I think in the long run it was better for the league that they tamed things a bit. Had they not things probably would've progressively got of out control. I do admire the throw back players like Artest and K Mart though......

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Kind of sad tht NBA has become such a wussy sport now, a fight in NBA is two players getting in each others face only waiting for refs to pull them away. They wont do nothing.

Could it be that I agree wit DoMeFavors... This lockout needs to end

PhillyFaninLA
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
From a style standpoint I think they could play in any era but there would by many many more fouls called and maybe a lot more suspensions and fines.

I think it would be hard for them to be as effective today because of that. It would be interesting to see how those teams adjust to the new climate, rules (like the hand checking rule), and more fines and suspensions.

RevisIsland
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
The refs would never let them play their style.

Hangtime
11-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Ejections and fines galore. That stuff wouldn't be allowed.

MrX27
11-12-2011, 08:52 PM
You were allowed to hand check back then, now you can't.
That was one of the things that has caused an explosion in scoring since that time.

The Detroit team was defensively strong, but that New York Knicks team was perhaps the nastiest team ever defensively. No one left a game from them without getting beat down.

The NBA doesn't allow that physical style of play anymore.

Jint.
11-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Laimbeer and Oakley would get fined and ejected every game, but this was the best era.

GunFactor187
11-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Bill Laimbeer alone would accrue more Technicals in one game than Rasheed Wallace would in a whole season! XD