PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Western Conference 1st round DAL vs POR Game 7

Durant is hype
11-12-2011, 11:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR9MaCU1xWk&feature=related

An aging Arvydas Sabonis(his last game), a young Zach Randolph took Dirk Nowitzki & Steve Nash to 7 games! How in the world did this happen?

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I remember that series vividly, Portland was that close to being the first team to ever come back from 0-3. I was a big Sheed and Z Bo fan so I was pulling for them all the way, just couldn't do it. A great series though.

I believe this is when we also got the classic Sheed "both teams played hard" quote......

YoungOne
11-12-2011, 01:20 PM
who played the SF?

lakers4sho
11-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I wonder if these full games will get deleted [ for copyright infringement ] at some point in the future...they're great!

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 01:34 PM
who played the SF?

They went big with Sheed and Z Bo at the F spots. I think they just took turns on Dirk.....

beasted86
11-12-2011, 01:50 PM
who played the SF?

Dirk and Rasheed. Both teams played a big lineup.

smith&wesson
11-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Wasnt bonzi wells and staudamire on that team ?

Durant is hype
11-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Wasnt bonzi wells and staudamire on that team ?

Yeah they were,& Scottie Pippen too!

smith&wesson
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
ok then its not shocking that they took nash and dirk to game 7 .. they had staudamire, sheed, randolph, pippen, wells, sabonis etc. thats a pretty decent line up right there.

Chronz
11-12-2011, 03:41 PM
This was when ZBo finally got his chance to show his potential. They got back into it by realizing his talent.

Hangtime
11-12-2011, 04:12 PM
I always thought Zach had great potential when he managed to stay out of trouble and be motivated. He returned to this form for Memphis.

Durant is hype
11-12-2011, 05:05 PM
This was when ZBo finally got his chance to show his potential. They got back into it by realizing his talent.

Ironically they elected to bench Z-BO in the majority of the 4th quarter. Why would they do that?(No sarcasm intended)

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I really wish Rasheed Blazers could've got a championship during the Lakers/Spurs era. For like a 3 year span they were my favorite team to watch outside of the Lakers.

The squad they had was ridiculous from top to bottom but unfortunately when some of the guys started screwing up and the whole "jailblazer" thing got out of control they chose to just dismantle the team for the sake of PR.

I remember distincty Bill Walton calling one game and just endlessly ranting and raving about Rasheed Wallace being a disgrace to the people of Portland and singlehandedly bringing down the organization and blah blah blah blah......

Chronz
11-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Ironically they elected to bench Z-BO in the majority of the 4th quarter. Why would they do that?(No sarcasm intended)

Tradition, teams rather go with the vets than risk it completely on the youngster. I remember the same thing happening to Wade his rookie year. Its like the coach trusts the kids enough to get them this far but not that final stretch.

PS I really wish one of those Mavs teams broke through

JordansBulls
11-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I wonder if these full games will get deleted [ for copyright infringement ] at some point in the future...they're great!

Some games I upload I have to delete for copyright as it. However the NBA doesn't make these games available for sell so I don't see what the big deal would be. It's not like a song or movie which you can buy anywhere.