PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart

b@llhog24
11-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Is there any team that Kevin Martin can make a contender?

I think besides the Bulls, that he could make the Blazers team

(with an amnestied Roy of course) a contender. Thoughts on any teams that

he can help get over the hump with his elite scoring?

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2011, 01:54 AM
If I was a contender, I'd rather have the other K-Mart for his tough nosed defence and rebounding.

Bulls might be a good fit for him. NY could use a shooting guard. But most teams that are contenders have better shooting guards than K-Mart (LA, Miami, Boston and perhaps Dallas would opt to keep its shooting guard rotation as is).

UPRock
11-12-2011, 01:57 AM
Bulls can use him as the second option behind Rose, also a Hornets team, if they want Paul to stay, the Sixers, Grizzles, and even the Timberwolves.

Bulls: PG: Rose, SG: Martin, SF: Deng, PF: Boozer and C: Noah.
Hornets: PG: Paul, SG: Martin, SF: Ariza, PF: West (?) and C: Okafor.
Sixers: PG: Holiday, SG: Martin, SF: Iguodala, PF: Brand, C: Hawes (?).
Grizzles: PG: Conley, SG: Martin, SF: Gay, PF: Randolph and C: Gasol (?).
Timberwolves: PG: Rubio, SG: Martin, SF: Williams, PF: Love and C: Milicic (?).

Avenged
11-12-2011, 01:58 AM
He can make any team with a top 15 player a playoff contender.

Maybe it's just the fan in me talking but I find him to be underrated.

kblo247
11-12-2011, 02:42 AM
I thought Kenyon when I read this thread..

As for Kevin, no he can't make anyone a contender in a starting role. He could be a great sixth man like Crawford. He just isn't a winning starting guard in the league. He doesn't offer enough outside points which isn't ideal for the SG spot on a contender where he is asked to face Wade, Kobe, and so on every night. There is areas on every team he has startedon has stunk and been lotto bound much like Jamal, way too one dimensional

meloman1592
11-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Kenyon martin is k mart...not kevin martin

time4change
11-12-2011, 10:29 AM
No defense. Nope.

I know people say no one plays defense but if you think that's true watch some games in the 70's or 80's you wanna talk about shotty d.

I think he's a decent player though, even though I hate his awful looking shot.

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2011, 11:00 AM
K-mart is a PF not a SG!

tyfreaks brotha
11-12-2011, 11:05 AM
The bulls are a great fit.. Rose and Deng Along with Noah would cover up his bad defense

netsgiantsyanks
11-12-2011, 11:17 AM
No defense. Nope.

I know people say no one plays defense but if you think that's true watch some games in the 70's or 80's you wanna talk about shotty d.

I think he's a decent player though, even though I hate his awful looking shot.

still hits shots though....

netsgiantsyanks
11-12-2011, 11:18 AM
and k-mart is kenyon martin, get your stuff correct :pity:

Hawkeye15
11-12-2011, 11:33 AM
He would make any team a ton better. Best fit amongst contenders? Easily the Bulls. He not only gives the Bulls arguably the most efficient perimeter scorer in the NBA, but that team can cover up his complete lack of defense.

magichatnumber9
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
The bulls are a great fit.. Rose and Deng Along with Noah would cover up his bad defenseThe two guard spot is just as vulnerable to exposure as any other. It's either total commitment or failure to communicate.

sep11ie
11-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Yea, he's gonna help make the Rockets a contender this year(if there is a season).

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Kenyon Martin is offended by this thread......

As for Kevin I'd love to see him alongside Brandon Jennings as a running mate or even better Deron Williams. A Williams/Martin backcourt would be the best thing since vintage Chauncey/Rip.....

xbrackattackx
11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Knicks,Bulls and Jazz come to mind for me.

xbrackattackx
11-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Kenyon Martin is offended by this thread......

Yea man for sure...K-Mart is Global and can play great defense and got offers over seas.

Kevin Martin just looks like hes checking to make sure his balls are still there before he shoots.He is very efficent suprisingly.

Chronz
11-12-2011, 03:52 PM
He can play the role RIP played on a great team, so why not?

IndyRealist
11-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Bulls can use him as the second option behind Rose, also a Hornets team, if they want Paul to stay, the Sixers, Grizzles, and even the Timberwolves.

Bulls: PG: Rose, SG: Martin, SF: Deng, PF: Boozer and C: Noah.
Hornets: PG: Paul, SG: Martin, SF: Ariza, PF: West (?) and C: Okafor.
Sixers: PG: Holiday, SG: Martin, SF: Iguodala, PF: Brand, C: Hawes (?).
Grizzles: PG: Conley, SG: Martin, SF: Gay, PF: Randolph and C: Gasol (?).
Timberwolves: PG: Rubio, SG: Martin, SF: Williams, PF: Love and C: Milicic (?).

Wouldn't picking up Kevin Martin be admitting that the Sixers wasted their pick on Evan Turner? I think they're more apt to move Igoudala than bump Turner.

The Grizzlies could use the spot-up shooting, but they already have Mayo and don't have to give anything up for him. And Tony Allen gets squeezed out when he's their only perimeter defender?

KingPosey
11-12-2011, 08:45 PM

As for Kevin, no he can't make anyone a contender in a starting role. He could be a great sixth man like Crawford. He just isn't a winning starting guard in the league. He doesn't offer enough outside points which isn't ideal for the SG spot on a contender where he is asked to face Wade, Kobe, and so on every night. There is areas on every team he has startedon has stunk and been lotto bound much like Jamal, way too one dimensional

Huh? Kevin Martin is a great shooter, and gets to the line at will....

mdm692
11-12-2011, 08:59 PM
The suns. Obviously

smith&wesson
11-12-2011, 09:34 PM
He can make any team with a top 15 player a playoff contender.

Maybe it's just the fan in me talking but I find him to be underrated.

plus 1.

personally i think he would be a great fit in chicago. he would be the 2nd scoring option which he would love and rose gets the help he needs. boozer can not be considered a 2nd scoring option at this point.

ugafan
11-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Kevin Martin on the Bulls=worst backcourt defense in basketball.

Jint.
11-12-2011, 10:01 PM
dont know about his D (which NY needs) but Id take him in a second, would be a great 3rd scorer.

b@llhog24
11-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Kevin Martin on the Bulls=worst backcourt defense in basketball.

golden state and toronto says hi.

dtmagnet
11-12-2011, 10:30 PM

What a load.... This guy is unguardable at times and you think he is not good enough to be a starter.

emau5
11-12-2011, 10:45 PM
k-mart is kenyon...fio

b@llhog24
11-12-2011, 10:54 PM
k-mart is kenyon...fio

I'll keep that in mind for next time.

b@llhog24
11-12-2011, 10:56 PM
What a load.... This guy is unguardable at times and you think he is not good enough to be a starter.

He's probably saying that because he doesn't understand that while other parts of his game are lacking, his scoring is absoulutely ELITE!

kpjets
11-12-2011, 11:06 PM
magic