PDA

View Full Version : do you think there will be a NBA season this year?

the cub man
11-12-2011, 12:08 AM
do you think there will be a NBA season this year?

VillaMaravilla
11-12-2011, 12:45 AM
nope to much greed fromboth parties.....i was on the owners side but now im niether their all a bunch of greedy f@#$@, us fans are the idiots for even caring

iggypop123
11-12-2011, 12:49 AM
ive always thought once jordan got involved it was all over. when he wants something he will fight to death for it. the owners have won, now they want to do some alley oops take 3 pointers while they are up 50 points.

NYKNYGNYY
11-12-2011, 01:01 AM
honestly it kills me to say it but no, i really dont even know when well see it again

knicks4life33
11-12-2011, 03:19 AM
coming from a big market i hate this proposal and i hope the players reject it and i am willing to lose the season as fan so the players get the deal they want . this makes it harder for teams like the knicks and dallas and lakers and miami to sign mid level players. Its not our fault players like our city and warm tempatures are at most of these cities. players should have options and the owners are taking this away. They want competitive balance start with contraction of two teams like the bobcats which idk why we brough franchise back there and get rid of the kings.

abe_froman
11-12-2011, 03:25 AM
lol no.neither side were really serious about getting one done and a season going from the start...and theres no pressure from the public to get it done either

pd7631
11-12-2011, 03:32 AM
I don't know if there will be a season or not, but I'm getting so sick of the two sides "meeting/negotiating" for 10-12 hours at a time and coming away saying the same **** every time. I have always loved the NBA, the 76ers are the thing I care most about in this world other than friends and family.....but I'm getting so angry with this nonsense that I'm starting to question whether or not I should even watch the NBA anymore. **** David Stern, **** Derek Fisher, **** Billy Hunter. NBA players already have the highest average salary for pro athletes, they don't have to do jack **** in the offseason if they don't want to, and they don't put their body through anywhere near the abuse that other athletes in other sports do. It's insulting to every man, woman, and child in america that has to struggle through life just to obtain the bare minimum to survive.

Wade>You
11-12-2011, 03:36 AM
The owners believe it's in their best interest to not have a season. So no.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-12-2011, 04:11 AM
coming from a big market i hate this proposal and i hope the players reject it and i am willing to lose the season as fan so the players get the deal they want . this makes it harder for teams like the knicks and dallas and lakers and miami to sign mid level players. Its not our fault players like our city and warm tempatures are at most of these cities. players should have options and the owners are taking this away. They want competitive balance start with contraction of two teams like the bobcats which idk why we brough franchise back there and get rid of the kings.

Get rid of the kings??? Are you crazy??? Get rid of former NBA Champions??? You're just scared this team is about to wreck ***. New York Knicks is at its prime right now...and all you have is staudemelo. We're going to have a top 3 Center a top 3 SG and won of the most solid 3 pointers in the history of this sport. FK UP before I beat you up kid.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Nope. The small market owners are running the show and they clearly don't want a season......

smith&wesson
11-12-2011, 01:21 PM
I dunno. im still hopeing for a shorter season. maybe not 72 games but maybe 52 ?

DeyAce
11-12-2011, 01:24 PM
No

Cosmic_Canon
11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes, because I don't believe the NBAPA is finacially secure, thus taking this deal to insure checks.

gotoHcarolina52
11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
nope to much greed fromboth parties.....i was on the owners side but now im niether their all a bunch of greedy f@#$@, us fans are the idiots for even caring

My sentiments exactly. :clap:

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
lol no.neither side were really serious about getting one done and a season going from the start...and theres no pressure from the public to get it done either

I think if the players reject this deal then more public pressure will shift towards the owners. The players have already shown a willingness to make big compromises to save the season. If this deal isn't acceptable and then you revert back to a even worse deal of 47% and a harder cap or nothing you're essentially cancelling the season because you know they won't accept.

Once that happens I think the average fan thats not in any way resentful about the money the players were making in the first place should be in a uproar against the owners.......

MJ-BULLS
11-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Some of the owners are being douches. so it's a strong possibility that we won't have a season.

Sactown
11-12-2011, 01:50 PM

This post is piss poor at best :pity: If the players reject the current offer it's only going to get worse, a hard cap will be in the next proposal as well as a lower BRI percentage. And yes people have to go to New York for its big market as they almost never win anything. Could you please explain why we would get rid of two teams? How would that help the other 20 teams who are currently losing money make money? The problem isn't fully on the owners as teams such as OKC are losing money yet being contenders under the cap... the problem isn't the owners it's the system and the system needs to change... I promise you that the owners aren't going to accept a proposal where they can't make money.. because after all this is a business. And I would love for you to respond as why your argument is valid? Especially since both teams for the last 10 years have been more of a winning team (Bobcats haven't been around 10 years so I did their current stint vs Knicks stint that was during the bobcats years)

And it wasn't that close :eyebrow:

Chi StateOfMind
11-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Uhhh NO!!!! It's millionaires vs. billionaires. No season this year.

PhillyFaninLA
I said before the lock out started (I actually believe it was around the trade deadline) that there would be no season.

beasted86
As disproportionate it is with 8 teams making all the profit, there is a also a disproportionate amount of the teams that are losing the $300M. The NBA will never ever tell us who is losing how much, but I'd bet it all there are 4 teams losing 40-50% of that $300M.

But the NBA will never look at contraction as an answer.

Sactown
11-12-2011, 02:09 PM
As disproportionate it is with 8 teams making all the profit, there is a also a disproportionate amount of the teams that are losing the $300M. The NBA will never ever tell us who is losing how much, but I'd bet it all there are 4 teams losing 40-50% of that $300M.

But the NBA will never look at contraction as an answer.

I doubt there would be 9 owners this angry if only 4 teams are losing money? :confused: that just doesn't make sense, I doubt there are 22 teams losing money, but I bet it's at least 10

DR_1
11-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Leaning towards no, because from what I've heard, the players are probably going to reject the owner final proposal. :facepalm:

DR_1
11-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Some of the owners are being douches. so it's a strong possibility that we won't have a season.

This too.

beasted86
11-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I doubt there would be 9 owners this angry if only 4 teams are losing money? :confused: that just doesn't make sense, I doubt there are 22 teams losing money, but I bet it's at least 10

22 teams definitely are losing money. That's a fact, not fiction as it's been verified by their accounting. Whether they are losing it based on actual player transactions, salaries, and basketball business.... or interest on loans is a different debate.

But, yes... it's very possible 4 teams could be losing half of the overall debt, just like at the top end there are probably 4 teams making a super profit and the others a modest gain in comparison.

Sactown
11-12-2011, 02:18 PM

:confused: :confused: That's just slandering the owners and brings nothing to the argument or to the thread at all :eyebrow: explain how the owners wanting a better system is considered being a "Douche"? I expect more from a Mod. :facepalm:

Sactown
11-12-2011, 02:22 PM
22 teams definitely are losing money. That's a fact, not fiction as it's been verified by their accounting. Whether they are losing it based on actual player transactions, salaries, and basketball business.... or interest on loans is a different debate.

But, yes... it's very possible 4 teams could be losing half of the overall debt, just like at the top end there are probably 4 teams making a super profit and the others a modest gain in comparison.

Okay I wasn't sure if all 22 were losing money before taking our their own salary, but I don't think 4 teams are losing 50% while the rest are barely losing money at all, I could be wrong, but it just doesn't make sense with how many hardline owners there are

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
i love the warriors, i love basektball..but i'm starting to not give a ****...

**** all these greedy sons of *****es..millionaires and billionaires that can't agree on dollars as there are stadium workers without jobs and probably without health care too

As Magic Johnson was saying the other day even this current deal being proposed to the players is by far the best players deal out of players for any sport...yet they won't take it, just pathetic

Tony_Starks
11-12-2011, 02:38 PM

I wish more people actually understood what you just said. They just scream out "teams are losing money!" but what they don't get is there is a huge grey area of how they account for what qualifies as a loss. With that alone and the fact that they won't commit to what the profit sharing numbers will be, the players giving up 7% is more than reasonable.......

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
:facepalm:

knicks4life33
11-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Get rid of the kings??? Are you crazy??? Get rid of former NBA Champions??? You're just scared this team is about to wreck ***. New York Knicks is at its prime right now...and all you have is staudemelo. We're going to have a top 3 Center a top 3 SG and won of the most solid 3 pointers in the history of this sport. FK UP before I beat you up kid.

lol your going to beat me up thats pretty cute haha dude everyone has there own opinion dont take it to heart but bravo to trying to scare me with a fight:clap:

knicks4life33
11-13-2011, 05:11 PM
This post is piss poor at best :pity: If the players reject the current offer it's only going to get worse, a hard cap will be in the next proposal as well as a lower BRI percentage. And yes people have to go to New York for its big market as they almost never win anything. Could you please explain why we would get rid of two teams? How would that help the other 20 teams who are currently losing money make money? The problem isn't fully on the owners as teams such as OKC are losing money yet being contenders under the cap... the problem isn't the owners it's the system and the system needs to change... I promise you that the owners aren't going to accept a proposal where they can't make money.. because after all this is a business. And I would love for you to respond as why your argument is valid? Especially since both teams for the last 10 years have been more of a winning team (Bobcats haven't been around 10 years so I did their current stint vs Knicks stint that was during the bobcats years)

And it wasn't that close :eyebrow:

wow really? We all know the current proposal will get worse and they will offer a hard cap and lower bri thats why the players are going to decerify!!
Well if we got rid of two teams it would spread out more talent in the nba and more money could be divided as well . And the problem is with the owners when you give players like rashard lewis a 120 million dollalr contract and sign darko milic for 20 million ect ect and sign all these players for contracts there not worth so teams have to manage correctly. The owners are being selfish and the deal the players are giving them even at 52.5 percent was a great deal for them but they want everything and every concession and dont want to give anything back to the players who made this league .

Tom Stone
11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
The players better hope the 2012 end of the world doesn't happen, this could be the last year of basketball period... it doesn't surprise me that the end was predicted for this date, when you have starvation all over the world, job employment at an all time low....basketball players getting ridiculous amounts of money....the world is a messed up place.