PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry: "We're trying to grow the game of basketball"

JordansBulls
11-11-2011, 05:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7220080/dallas-mavericks-jason-terry-players-set-walk-deal-bad

"Our reasoning and what our strategy is, is we are trying to grow the game of basketball, and under the terms that have been presented to us, the game of basketball for us, from a players' perspective, financially, will not be growing," Terry said Friday morning during an appearance on the "Ben and Skin Show" on 103.3 FM ESPN.

"The proposals that have been proposed to us have not been good, not been good at all," Terry said. "For us to take a bad deal at this point as players would be not good for the game of basketball and it won't be good for the players going on into the future.

"We just don't think it's fair and it's not what has been built with the prior bargaining agreements."

Evolution23
11-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Players are getting "owned"

Chronz
11-11-2011, 05:28 PM
God help us all

hgtiger32
11-11-2011, 05:38 PM
******* life

Strumpy
11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I miss my basketball. :cry:

LOOTERX9
11-11-2011, 06:03 PM
But if players don't play games this season then the NBA wont grow, who does Terry think he is trying to fool. If these idiot players don't play they will lose fans plus the momentum they have gained from last season. These players are dumb *****

beasted86
11-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Players are getting "owned"

They are if they took that deal, which it looks like they won't.

iggypop123
11-11-2011, 06:07 PM
they really didnt have a pr plan. stern knows that game very well. adande has made a good point of it, they should have made a freedom argument. maybe its just bad timing in todays society hatred for anything union

beasted86
11-11-2011, 06:09 PM
But if players don't play games this season then the NBA wont grow, who does Terry think he is trying to fool. If these idiot players don't play they will lose fans plus the momentum they have gained from last season. These players are dumb *****

Google search what "treble damages" are.

Thats what players stand to win in an antitrust lawsuit.

LOOTERX9
11-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Google search what "treble damages" are.

Thats what players stand to win in an antitrust lawsuit.

They'll be winning antitrust suit while losing their fans. So they lose anyway

Wade>You
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
They'll be winning antitrust suit while losing their fans. So they lose anywayNo they won't. There's a ton of people that support the players and will continue to support them and their cause during the lockout. Especially when it hits home that the owners don't want a season.

Tom Stone
11-11-2011, 06:41 PM
No they won't. There's a ton of people that support the players and will continue to support them and their cause during the lockout. Especially when it hits home that the owners don't want a season.

Are you Wade? or a relative of wade ?......no one supports you Wade

beasted86
11-11-2011, 06:41 PM
They'll be winning antitrust suit while losing their fans. So they lose anyway

You seemingly didn't Google it, because thats what compensates their economic loss... from the somewhat tangible and calculatable loss of projected revenue growth from games canceled and NBA popularity loss...all the way to the intangible loss of say Jason Kidd not being able to compete in his last years.

Tony_Starks
11-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Good thing I kept the latest Laker championship defeat of Boston on the dvr. I guess I'll just be in a time warp for the next year or so........

But perhaps there's some good to come of this, by the time this mess is all over D-Fish will definitely be too old to start for us anymore!!!

pistonsfanomg
11-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Good thing I kept the latest Laker championship defeat of Boston on the dvr. I guess I'll just be in a time warp for the next year or so........

But perhaps there's some good to come of this, by the time this mess is all over D-Fish will definitely be too old to start for us anymore!!!

lol.