PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Miami Heat: Playoff hopes?

beasted86
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
The Heat will probably be able to re-sign Mario Chalmers, and maybe add a Center with the mid-level. The rest will be veteran minimum guys to fill out the roster.

PG: Chalmers / Cole
SG: Wade / House
SF: James / Miller
PF: Bosh / Haslem
C:: ________ / Anthony / Pittman

What do you think the teams chances are of making the playoffs?

king4day
11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Wait seriously?
100%?

nyKnicks126
11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
99.99 percent chance if there is a season.

justinnum1
11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
come on dude

daleja424
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
too far beasted. too far...

beasted86
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
What? :shrug:

Cosmic_Canon
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Miami is winning the chip next season.

daleja424
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
:laugh:

Cal827
11-10-2011, 08:58 PM
0%. The new Rule in the Next CBA that Got Gilbert to be more neutral in bargaining was the Miami Rule, where Refs would ensure that Miami loses at least 2/3rds of their games in the upcoming season, allowing the Cavs to gain another two lottery pick season.

justinnum1
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
miami can field the same team and would probably be considered favorites...they did get to the ecf last season with the big 3 and vet min guys. haslem and miller should be healthy, and there are talks of getting battier or hill. Maybe another center. Future looks damn good for the heat:)

beliges
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Miami is definitely the favorites. They have the most stacked starting 5 in the league. But being considered favorites does not translate into wins as was evidenced by the Finals last season.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2011, 10:08 PM
are you kidding They got no team. there a 8 seed at best :D

GoPacers33
11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Absolutely no chance :D

bholly
11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
0%. The new Rule in the Next CBA that Got Gilbert to be more neutral in bargaining was the Miami Rule, where Refs would ensure that Miami loses at least 2/3rds of their games in the upcoming season, allowing the Cavs to gain another two lottery pick season.

they only have the right to swap picks with the heat, not take the heat's outright. they can't get two picks in the lottery unless they trade for another one.

i know you're joking, but it's worth clarifying.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Is this serious?

Cal827
11-10-2011, 10:36 PM
they only have the right to swap picks with the heat, not take the heat's outright. they can't get two picks in the lottery unless they trade for another one.

i know you're joking, but it's worth clarifying.

Wow, then they really got Cleveland bad. I mean at least we got Miami's pick outright this year for Bosh. My mistake, I just assumed it was a similar deal to Bosh's S/T, thanks for clarifying.

Anyways, serious note, they'll likely win it all. Bulls/Laker fans will get very pissed, using every thing possible to take Lebron's title down... WW3 will start on PSD, we all go our bomb shelters.

naps
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Miami is definitely the favorites. They have the most stacked starting 5 in the league. But being considered favorites does not translate into wins as was evidenced by the Finals last season.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Do you understand what stacked means? OR what starting 5 means?

Bruno
11-10-2011, 10:46 PM
99.9% chance of making the playoffs. I think you could surround James, Wade and Bosh with nine college freshman and still get into the eastern conference playoffs.

Evolution23
11-10-2011, 10:52 PM
The Heat will probably be able to re-sign Mario Chalmers, and maybe add a Center with the mid-level. The rest will be veteran minimum guys to fill out the roster.

PG: Chalmers / Cole
SG: Wade / House
SF: James / Miller
PF: Bosh / Haslem
C:: ________ / Anthony / Pittman

What do you think the teams chances are of making the playoffs?

:facepalm:

100%

beasted86
11-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Wow, then they really got Cleveland bad. I mean at least we got Miami's pick outright this year for Bosh. My mistake, I just assumed it was a similar deal to Bosh's S/T, thanks for clarifying.

Anyways, serious note, they'll likely win it all. Bulls/Laker fans will get very pissed, using every thing possible to take Lebron's title down... WW3 will start on PSD, we all go our bomb shelters.

You aren't allowed to trade 1st round draft picks in consecutive years, so the Heat only gave up their 2011, 2013, and 2015. We still have a 2012 and 2014 1st round pick to use, but Cavs have right to swap in '12.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-10-2011, 11:16 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if I was a Heat fan anything less than a championship would be a disappointment. My opinion of course.

smith&wesson
11-11-2011, 12:29 AM
lol

GhostfaceDrilla
11-11-2011, 03:21 AM

Dallas says hi...

thenetslegend
11-11-2011, 03:26 AM
they might make it....maybe

beliges
11-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Dallas says hi...

Dallas is not that dynasty type team to me. I dont see them repeating this year but I certainly wouldnt be surprised if they did. Miami will be the favorites coming in, at least they are for me. Nobody has that kind of elite talent. But it will be an interesting year once again, if we have a season, with Chicago and OKC looking to finally breakthrough, withh the Lakers hungry and looking to bounce back from their debacle, the Spurs and Celtics looking to squeek one more out and the other young talent in the league one more year older experienced.

beliges
11-11-2011, 03:49 AM
:facepalm::facepalm:

Do you understand what stacked means? OR what starting 5 means?

Huh? You have two of the top 4-5 players in the world and another top 5 player at his position. I dont think there is another team in the league that has that kind of talent. I believe Miami's starting 5 is considered "stacked" by anyone's definition. Thats pretty much as "stacked" as it gets.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-11-2011, 04:10 AM
probably not, I think they will be tanking for 2012 draft to get a top C.

utl768
11-11-2011, 04:16 AM
id be stunned if they won 1 game

in all seriousness though the answer is 99.9% they make the playoffs, i suppose if lebron wade and bosh all had torn acl's in week 1 then they wouldnt make it but thats the .1 percent talking

naps
11-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Huh? You have two of the top 4-5 players in the world and another top 5 player at his position. I dont think there is another team in the league that has that kind of talent. I believe Miami's starting 5 is considered "stacked" by anyone's definition. Thats pretty much as "stacked" as it gets.

Hahaha...good to know your definition of stacked starting 5....

NO :facepalm:

3ballbomber
11-11-2011, 05:08 AM
they have a good chance, winning it all is another question all together.

Silent
11-11-2011, 05:39 AM
i think there's 0 chance u can't make the playoffs unless u play games just like the bulls thunder and the rest. We Want BASKETBALL DAMMITTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beliges
11-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Hahaha...good to know your definition of stacked starting 5....
NO :facepalm:

LOL...ya my definition of a stacked starting 5 is much less than two of the top four players in the world and a top 5 player at his position. No team in the league has anything close to this except of course the Heat. I dont understand how anybody could possibly think that Miami does not have a "stacked" starting 5 when they have the most talented starting 5 in the league, by far. If thats not "stacked" then I dont know what stacked is, but when you have the type of talent Miami has in their starting 5, you are beyond stacked. This is why they were favored in the Finals last season and will be favored to win it all again this season, if there is one.

Sinestro
11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
They would be lucky to win 12 games with that terrible roster :p

Tony_Starks
11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
They'll make it but its a travesty and a huge blemish to the game of basketball that they will. Superteams like this are destroying the very fabric of our once fine league and should be dismantled immediately for the sake of all that is decent. Thank goodness the owners are stepping in to remedy this mess and restore balance to the force so that hopefully one day soon we can see the Charlotte vs New Orleans finals that we have all been eagerly awaiting for so long!!!

beliges
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
They'll make it but its a travesty and a huge blemish to the game of basketball that they will. Superteams like this are destroying the very fabric of our once fine league and should be dismantled immediately for the sake of all that is decent. Thank goodness the owners are stepping in to remedy this mess and restore balance to the force so that hopefully one day soon we can see the Charlotte vs New Orleans finals that we have all been eagerly awaiting for so long!!!

I actually do not mind teams like the Heat. As was evidenced last season, just because you put together the best players in the world on one team doesnt mean you are going to win a title. It makes the league more fun to watch in my opinion. I can understand the criticism Lebron receives for jumping on Wade's team the way he did, but I honestly do not mind it. Because for every player that tries to take the easy way out, there are teams out there that do it the right way and just like last year proved, teams that do it the right way have as good of a chance to win it all as teams that just get stacked up the way Miami did.

Hawkeye15
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
if they stay healthy, they have a chance to slide into the playoffs...

Hawkeye15
11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I actually do not mind teams like the Heat. As was evidenced last season, just because you put together the best players in the world on one team doesnt mean you are going to win a title. It makes the league more fun to watch in my opinion. I can understand the criticism Lebron receives for jumping on Wade's team the way he did, but I honestly do not mind it. Because for every player that tries to take the easy way out, there are teams out there that do it the right way and just like last year proved, teams that do it the right way have as good of a chance to win it all as teams that just get stacked up the way Miami did.

last year showed why its called a team sport. They had 2 of the top 3 players, another top 20 player, and then absolutely nothing else. A complete TEAM beat them in the finals.

Tony_Starks
11-11-2011, 03:56 PM

Well for me I don't really see a "right" or "wrong" way to build a winner. At the end of the day if Miami wins there won't be any ( ) under their name in the record books talking about how they did it the easy way. Now a team that builds a contender I guess more organically does give more satisfaction to some fans in a certain way but you still have to perform no matter how the team came about. And when you get to the NBA level I don't think there is such a thing as a stacked team. I've seen many teams that looked like virtual allstar teams on paper that were horrible. Still boils down to teamwork, discipline, and coaching.

But I wouldn't give Dallas or say even OKC who are more home grown more credit for winning a chip than a Miami or New York.

Da Knicks
11-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Well for me I don't really see a "right" or "wrong" way to build a winner. At the end of the day if Miami wins there won't be any ( ) under their name in the record books talking about how they did it the easy way. Now a team that builds a contender I guess more organically does give more satisfaction to some fans in a certain way but you still have to perform no matter how the team came about. And when you get to the NBA level I don't think there is such a thing as a stacked team. I've seen many teams that looked like virtual allstar teams on paper that were horrible. Still boils down to teamwork, discipline, and coaching.

But I wouldn't give Dallas or say even OKC who are more home grown more credit for winning a chip than a Miami or New York.

Your latest comments are as good and well rounded as Myas nice 8sssss!:drool:

sep11ie
11-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Pretty good, if they decide to take out 4th quarters of games.

Gawd
11-12-2011, 01:26 AM
the Charlotte vs New Orleans finals that we have all been eagerly awaiting for so long!!!

:drunk:

Lucky.
11-12-2011, 01:47 AM
i suppose if lebron wade and bosh all had torn acl's in week 1 then they wouldnt make it

:injury: ..That would suck just A little bit.. :injury:

beliges
11-12-2011, 03:36 PM

Exactly; everyone's problem with the Heat is what Lebron did. The man who many consider the greatest player in today's game basically ran to another elite superstar's team in hopes of winning a title. This is something that has never really been done in this league, at least not from a player of Lebron's caliber. Everyone thought LBJ was good enough to get it done with a team built around him, and I was one of those people. But now, it seems we will never find out if he was or not. Im one of those people who feels that winning ONE championship in Cleaveland or even on the Bulls or the Knicks would mean more to his legacy than winning multiple titles in Miami for the sole reason that anywhere else he would have gone would have meant it was "HIS" team. But now, it is Wade, Lebron and Bosh's team.

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
They won't make the playoffs

Because there won't be an NBA season!

Hangtime
11-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Is there any reason their chance has decreased?

CousinsEvansDUO
11-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Wow for those of you saying heat sucks in the 4th quarter are just ridiculous. Obviously they sucked last year. LAST year. It's called being nervous. Lebron was just nervous okay. When you're the best player in the world about to win his first ring you get butterfly's in your stomach. Imagine if you were in his position? You'd probably pass out from the pressure he was experiencing. I say it's actually a good thing that the heat lost and failed during the 4th quarter. Because now they will come back hungrier and more passionate and more aggressively and more intense. If they won last year, then the next set of years they wouldn't want it as bad. Them failing to win their rings last year will only motivate them to win multiple rings.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Wow for those of you saying heat sucks in the 4th quarter are just ridiculous. Obviously they sucked last year. LAST year. It's called being nervous. Lebron was just nervous okay. When you're the best player in the world about to win his first ring you get butterfly's in your stomach. Imagine if you were in his position? You'd probably pass out from the pressure he was experiencing. I say it's actually a good thing that the heat lost and failed during the 4th quarter. Because now they will come back hungrier and more passionate and more aggressively and more intense. If they won last year, then the next set of years they wouldn't want it as bad. Them failing to win their rings last year will only motivate them to win multiple rings.

:laugh2::facepalm:

Hangtime
11-12-2011, 05:13 PM
:laugh2::facepalm:

I had the exact same sentiments.

GhostfaceDrilla
11-13-2011, 01:09 AM

When LeBron missed that open layup, it's because Rick Carlisle put oil on his hands.

When Wade missed 5 shots, it was because he missed them or else he would be shunned from Applebee's for life.

What the hell is this ****....

mkdo
11-13-2011, 01:48 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19750980&posted=1#post19750980

Cal827
11-13-2011, 01:59 AM

But I thought Demarcus Cousins was the best player in the world :D

.... PSD really needs a troll face smiley

mttwlsn16
11-13-2011, 02:13 AM
nah im sure theyll miss the playoffs. dont have enough talent
:shrug: