PDA

View Full Version : Kings 2012 Playoff Hopes

kingsdelez24
11-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Add another to this list of threads.

The kings have actually made some pretty big moves this offseason (If you can call it an offseason). Drafting Jimmer Fredette, Tyler Honeycutt, and acquiring JJ Hickson and John Salmons were some very underrated moves, and they have all the cap space in the world to resign Marcus Thornton who also had a very underrated season with the kings.

Here's his stat line for 27 games with the kings.

Mpg FG% 3PT FT% REB AST STL
38.1 0.450 0.361 0.805 4.7 3.4 1.7

Also look for DeMarcus Cousins to improve on his fg% and a healthy tyreke to have much better seasons after the lockout.

Their only problem is a logjam at the sf spot.

Evans/Jimmer/Thomas
Thornton/Evans/Jimmer/Garcia/
Salmons/Gracia/Honeycutt/Greene
Hickson/Thompson
Cousins/Whiteside and maybe chandler or dalembert

Any thoughts?

CousinsEvansDUO
11-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I completely agree with you. Jimmer, Evans, and cousins are 100% future all stars and JJ hickson and Marcus Thornton are potential all stars as well. People are blinded by their potential and won't see the kings swoop up from under and win the championship.

kingsdelez24
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
i completely agree with you. Jimmer, evans, and cousins are 100% future all stars and jj hickson and marcus thornton are potential all stars as well. People are blinded by their potential and won't see the kings swoop up from under and win the championship.

troll alert! I repeat! Trooollllll alerrrrrt

Birdmannn
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I think your getting a little a head of yourself with the championship but I believe very much that cousins and evans will become top players over the course of their career I just hope they stay together long enough.

kingsdelez24
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
With a healthy evans and an improved cousins, they could do a lot of damage to the west this year

Lucky.
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
They have A chance to snag the 8th seed IMO.

beasted86
11-10-2011, 07:42 PM
This was the same roster for the most part that led the team to the lottery last year.

You add in 2 guys who were busy helping their own respective teams also get a high lottery spot (Salmons, Bucks; Hickson; Cavs) and a rookie Jimmer... and I fail to see how they improve significantly enough to make the playoffs without a lot of luck on their side.

beliges
11-10-2011, 07:55 PM
The West is too good and too stacked. Itll be hard for a team like the Kings to make the playoffs. If they were in the East, theyd have a pretty good shot at making it but in the tough West, I dont think so.

WVNowitzki
11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
I feel the Kings and the Clippers will be fighting for 7/8, possibly higher.

rapsjaysfan88
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
jimmer future allstar made me laugh. no d playing chucker is alittle more realistic.

Lakers + Giants
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Teams that are better without a doubt In no specific order.

Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Thunder, Grizzlies, and Portland. Maybe even Denver too.

So they have to fight over the 8th seed against the Hornets, Rockets, Suns, and Jazz. I honestly don't see it. Unless DMC steps it up from last year, Tyreke goes back to 2010 Tyfreak, and Thornton continues last years play. They're gonna be pretty damn good though. They do have a shot at being a surprise team and ending up with a 5th seed at best IMO but i think they'll have to wait another year or two once the lakers, spurs and mavs become older and start slowing down. Apart from OKC i do believe they have the best future along with Minny and the clippers.

23dragonzord
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
theyll have another disappointing season. missing the playoffs by like 8 games or so

M.Bibby2.0
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
This was the same roster for the most part that led the team to the lottery last year.

You add in 2 guys who were busy helping their own respective teams also get a high lottery spot (Salmons, Bucks; Hickson; Cavs) and a rookie Jimmer... and I fail to see how they improve significantly enough to make the playoffs without a lot of luck on their side.

The Kings wont make playoffs, but you do understand that with the exception of salmons those players you listed are all still developing, and for the most part will improve significantly. We're probably a year or two away for playoffs.

Mishmin
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Looking at that roster, for me their success depends on the development of their front court. Hickson and Cousins both have strong potential yes.. But most everyone else on that roster is someone who needs the ball in their hands to be effective. One or both of those bigs will need to learn how to make an impact with few touches. Then you also have to see if this locker room gels together. Who is your leader? I've heard Evans speak a few times, and he's not the most inspirational voice.

Clearly a little wildcardish to start talking about championships.

Cal827
11-10-2011, 09:03 PM
That team isn't very strong one way or the other at the three position... I'll say top 10-12 in West I'm just not to confident on the shoot first pg on that team.. Jimmer becomes more all around, then the team contends a bit. Tyreke need to go that extra step and hopefully not be lingering form that injury.

nyKnicks126
11-10-2011, 09:06 PM
1 percent chance. Now if there is a shortened season and their schedule is favorable, maybe 1.5%