PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Toronto Raptors: Bargnani's Breakout?

beasted86
11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Although he's technically been with the team 5 years, this is his 2nd year as #1 option. It took Bosh 2 years to get the Raptors into the playoffs.

Can Bargnani breakout and carry them?

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Although he's technically been with the team 5 years, this is his 2nd year as #1 option. It took Bosh 2 years to get the Raptors into the playoffs.

barginani's career high average for rebounds is 6.2, hes playing on a crap team. hes a glorified Yi jianlin in my book.

the raptors arent going anywhere, i believe ive heard that bargiani wants out

the mere fact that canada has a NBA team leads me to believe that america has some side deal with us for oil or something, because they arent competitive, they just have a team so fans can see the american stars

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
barginani's career high average for rebounds is 6.2, hes playing on a crap team. hes a glorified Yi jianlin in my book.

the mere fact that canada has a NBA team leads me to believe that america has some side deal with us for oil or something, because they arent competitive, they just have a team so fans can see the american stars

Toronto is one of the biggest MArkets in the NBA.....

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
how many eastern conference finals apperances have they managed to get?

daleja424
11-10-2011, 10:41 AM
have you been hijacked beasted?!?!

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:42 AM
have you been hijacked beasted?!?!

:laugh2:

Thought the same thing.

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:43 AM
how many eastern conference finals apperances have they managed to get?

Does it matter?
NY, Toronto, Chicago and Boston went through a long drought of no success in that regard. I guess they should all be contracted right?

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Does it matter?
NY, Toronto, Chicago and Boston went through a long drought of no success in that regard. I guess they should all be contracted right?

atleast they had past success

where have the raptors gone since they were established?

they are the older version of the bobcats

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Their one of the original teams from the NBA. Just because they haven't had much success doesn't mean its bad they exist in the NBA. Their a big market for a reason. Not their fault NBA players would rather play elsewhere and not in a different country.

daleja424
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
dude's popping these out like he is that insane Duggar lady

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:49 AM
oh i doubt its because of where it is, its because the owner and GM blieve if they acquire every european player who ever existed, and put a few athletic players around them ,that they will magically be able to compete

if i was interested in contraction, they would be the first on my list

Sinestro
11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
No, they don't have enough talent they need 2-4 more years imo

Raps08-09 Champ
11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
oh i doubt its because of where it is, its because the owner and GM blieve if they acquire every european player who ever existed, and put a few athletic players around them ,that they will magically be able to compete

Well if you were commish, you should be fired. The Raptors are a cash cow. Why contract them?

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
No, they don't have enough talent they need 2-4 more years imo

maybe another 5-7 years imo

we will see if they ever get a #1 pick and turn things around, for a short period of time until the player realizes that the raptors are just happy to compete and arent interested in contending

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Well if you were commish, you should be fired. The Raptors are a cash cow. Why contract them?

im more of a winning first money second person

as i said, if i liked the idea of contraction, they wld be first

truther
11-10-2011, 11:00 AM

you're A TROLL. please stop.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM
you're A TROLL. please stop.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2011.html

you tell me if im wrong

they try to acquire every internation/europen player who plays, put them together, and magically expect to win

is there any talent on that team that could even realistically be an allstar?

what is barginani's career average for rebounding? 4 or somehting??

derozen is just another dunking shooting guard waiting to leave

all they do is try to get a dunking shooting guard and a european player, remember vince carter, desomnd mason, and now derozen! u think he is going to be there in 5 years?

GeekInThePink
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM

SMH :laugh:

GodsSon
11-10-2011, 11:07 AM

You're an ignorant clown.

How many European players are on our roster right now?

People are so quick to bash Euro players, yet the last 3 NBA title winners have had a main component of their success on the shoulders of a Euro.

GodsSon
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM

you tell me if im wrong

they try to acquire every internation/europen player who plays, put them together, and magically expect to win

all they do is try to get a dunking shooting guard and a european player, remember vince carter, desomnd mason, and now derozen! u think he is going to be there in 5 years?

Desmond Mason was never a Raptor.

GTFO

truther
11-10-2011, 11:11 AM

you tell me if im wrong

theres only 3 euros currently on the team, and whats wrong with euros you're so lame man. this whole posts shows your ignorance, and they only started the european experiment when brian colangelo got here you know nothing.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 11:13 AM
theres only 3 euros currently on the team, and whats wrong with euros you're so lame man. this whole posts shows your ignorance, and they only started the european experiment when brian colangelo got here you know nothing.

euros are great, but the idea that you can pile 10 of em up with 10 international players and a few dunkers is going to win you a ring is just not realistic

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Desmond Mason was never a Raptor.

GTFO

sorry, i thought he was, ah well, i can just move onto jomario moon:cool:

truther
11-10-2011, 11:16 AM
euros are great, but the idea that you can pile 10 of em up with 10 international players and a few dunkers is going to win you a ring is just not realistic

10 euros are you okay bro, please quit while you're ahead

ShakeN'Bake
11-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Ya its slightly irritating.

On topic: I think Bargs is a mediocre player. He might get them to the playoffs but not much more than that. I do like Derozan though, but I don't think he is going to be a star either.

akesh99
11-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Havoc the fact that you have literally spelled every mentioned players name wrong is all I need to know about your basketball IQ. The Raps have been a competitive team in the past, they just haven't made their mark on the league yet. Either way, they're one of the biggest markets in the NBA and would absolutely be in the latter half of teams considered for contraction. Other than that, you're just a tool.

beasted86
11-10-2011, 11:23 AM

I was trying to make a point, but I think it went over heads here.

Rockwilderz
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM

hmmm.. I think this is just you hating on canada and not the team.

Must I remind you of the team that won the championship.. Dallas Mavericks!

How many European players do you think they have?

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Contracting the Raptors would make you a terrible businessman. Glad you are no where near that level.

marvILLous
11-10-2011, 11:30 AM

haha this was good

whats goin on with these kings fans?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
raptors OT

daleja424
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM

lol. I figured as much... but I thought there was a slight chance you had fallen victim to lockout induced insanity.

FutureGM
11-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Jesus man. Who the hell is Jomario? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Bob_at_york
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM

not the Bobcats? What about the Clips who have only made the playoffs once (twice?) in the last 15 years? Why would you contract the Raptors first?

ShakeN'Bake
11-10-2011, 11:57 AM

No you definitely made your point. Unfortunately the poster your aiming this at probably wont stop. So how is you posting all of these annoying threads and clogging up the feed any better than what he was/is doing?

beasted86
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
No you definitely made your point. Unfortunately the poster your aiming this at probably wont stop. So how is you posting all of these annoying threads and clogging up the feed any better than what he was/is doing?

Point wasn't for the poster.

But I underestimated the lockout boredom around here.

Belmonts
11-10-2011, 12:08 PM

There are badly informed posts and then there are stupid posts. This is definitely not a badly informed post.

Sly Guy
11-10-2011, 12:12 PM

lol, nope. And I'm a fan.

smith&wesson
11-10-2011, 12:35 PM
beasted im gonna ignore all the hate in this thread and just try to adress your question...

bargs can score from any where on the floor. he is probably the only centre whos fg% doesnt consist of shots coming from the paint or within 5-10 feet of the basket.

that would be his "pro"

unfortunaltey his cons out weigh his pros.

he cant rebound, his help D is very poor, and some times gets lost on the defensive side of the court.

he isnt a vocal leader, and he is very streaky ...

do i tihnk bargs can lead us to the playoffs ? no! he can be a good third option on the floor for a playoff team. but not the first option. he has glaring holes in his game that need to be worked on.

Sadds The Gr8
11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
people are responding to this ****in troll:laugh:? why waste time with that idiot?

and I doubt it. I'd be surprised if Bargnani had a breakout season. his rebounding and defense is just too poor, and I don't see him becoming a more efficient offensive player. and yes this is a Raptors forum thread

BHF
11-10-2011, 12:51 PM

and rose is the glorified westbrook in everyones book

beasted86
11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
beasted im gonna ignore all the hate in this thread and just try to adress your question...

bargs can score from any where on the floor. he is probably the only centre whos fg% doesnt consist of shots coming from the paint or within 5-10 feet of the basket.

that would be his "pro"

he cant rebound, his help D is very poor, and some times gets lost on the defensive side of the court.

do i tihnk bargs can lead us to the playoffs ? no! he can be a good third option on the floor for a playoff team. but not the first option. he has glaring holes in his game that need to be worked on.
I'd imagine what's most frustrating for Raptors fans is that he seemingly has made very little improvements in all aspects non-scoring related.

I will admit the only year I really watched a lot of Raptors basketball (which was mainly to see Bosh) was the '08-'09 season. I haven't had league pass the past 2 years, but it seems he has improved a little scoring, but nothing at all in defense, rebounding, passing, leadership, etc...

daleja424
11-10-2011, 12:56 PM

that would be his "pro"

he is a good spot up shooter, but here are some problems:

He is last in the league in FG% for centers around the rim (players with at least 24 minutes/game, 41 games)

...also pretty bad from just outside the paint.

He takes nearly 40% of his shots from the paint or just outside of the paint...and is one of the worst in basketball from there.

Like I said before... as a jump shooter he is solid... but anytime my center boasts 44.7% FGs for the year... that aint good.

Then the rest is even scarier: Last among centers in rebounding rate, 4th to last in blocks, bottom half of centers in PER, last in win shares, etc

he just really isn't a very good player.... great shooter...but below average just about everywhere else

I'd compare him to a taller Jason Kapono probably.

Heediot
11-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Wow, this is typical of ignorant fans. Toronto is a money making franchise with a huge market.

rapsjaysfan88
11-10-2011, 01:13 PM
bargnani is not a center, period. put him at pf with a good defensive center and I think he could be decent 23-7.

miller74
11-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Bargnani is a hearltess player, dont hold your breath

gwrighter
11-10-2011, 01:24 PM
A lot of us have been waiting for Bargnani to play his 'natural' PF position for a while now. I think he has another level offensively to get to. Still needs to work on his inside game.

Under Casey I'm hoping Bargnani can improve on his defensive woes. He had been first exposed to Mitchell a hardline coach & we had very little success with Bargs. I hope Casey is a less in your face type coach than Mitchell so we can have some harmonious growth.

I think if we make the playoffs it will be on the back of Derozan instead of Bargnani. Right now both of those guys are kind of like wing players as Bargs likes to operate from the outside more than the inside. But Derozan has the ability to dominate a game more easily as he is just more aggressive than Bargs.

Punk
11-10-2011, 01:31 PM
As as PF? I think so. But I do think he'll get traded.

gwrighter
11-10-2011, 01:33 PM
As as PF? I think so. But I do think he'll get traded.

I think eventually yes. People are talking about an Ed Davis + Jonas frontcourt for the future.

GhostfaceDrilla
11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Derozan would carry them if anything....

heyman321
11-10-2011, 01:39 PM
It's all up to Linas Kleiza. Him and Bargnani can really be the future of the Raptors franchise. I'm thinking 55-60 wins next season 2nd seed at worst behind the Heat.

gwrighter
11-10-2011, 01:41 PM
It's all up to Linas Kleiza. Him and Bargnani can really be the future of the Raptors franchise. I'm thinking 55-60 wins next season 2nd seed at worst behind the Heat.

thats a great prediction.

smith&wesson
11-10-2011, 02:25 PM
I'd imagine what's most frustrating for Raptors fans is that he seemingly has made very little improvements in all aspects non-scoring related.

I will admit the only year I really watched a lot of Raptors basketball (which was mainly to see Bosh) was the '08-'09 season. I haven't had league pass the past 2 years, but it seems he has improved a little scoring, but nothing at all in defense, rebounding, passing, leadership, etc...

whats most frustrating is his rebounding. he is probably the worst rebounder historically for his height and for the amount of mins he plays.

then its the D. he gets lost in transition, or doesnt rotate properly and loses asignments. sometimes straight up looking lost out there.

and he is very soft spoken. i dont think any one expected him to emerge as a leader. he is not vocal enough.

dont get me wrong. i think he is talented.. but he is no leader. like i said he would be a good 3rd option on a playoff team because if you leave him open he is lights out. but he cant carry a team thats for sure. he is more of a role player or sixth man off the bench for scoring.

truther
11-10-2011, 02:32 PM
whats most frustrating is his rebounding. he is probably the worst rebounder historically for his height and for the amount of mins he plays.

then its the D. he gets lost in transition, or doesnt rotate properly and loses asignments. sometimes straight up looking lost out there.

and he is very soft spoken. i dont think any one expected him to emerge as a leader. he is not vocal enough.

dont get me wrong. i think he is talented.. but he is no leader. like i said he would be a good 3rd option on a playoff team because if you leave him open he is lights out. but he cant carry a team thats for sure. he is more of a role player or sixth man off the bench for scoring.

i remember when they asked him why he was so bad on the boards, his response was literally "we play basketball not reboundball" he just isn't a very smart player i dont think that'll change ever.

rapsjaysfan88
11-10-2011, 02:36 PM
the guys lazy plain and simple. he could be an all star but refuses to put the effort every night. he'll have 25-8 game and next night will put up 10-2. he's just to inconsistent. he can rebound but he just doesn't put any effort in to do so. I saw a game this summer were he had 19 rebounds. if he put half that effort every night he could easily avg 8 rebounds a game. sadly he just doesn't care.

smith&wesson
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
he is a good spot up shooter, but here are some problems:

He is last in the league in FG% for centers around the rim (players with at least 24 minutes/game, 41 games)

...also pretty bad from just outside the paint.

He takes nearly 40% of his shots from the paint or just outside of the paint...and is one of the worst in basketball from there.

Like I said before... as a jump shooter he is solid... but anytime my center boasts 44.7% FGs for the year... that aint good.

Then the rest is even scarier: Last among centers in rebounding rate, 4th to last in blocks, bottom half of centers in PER, last in win shares, etc

he just really isn't a very good player.... great shooter...but below average just about everywhere else

I'd compare him to a taller Jason Kapono probably.

bargs can literally score from any where on the floor. his fg% reflects that which is why its soo much less then a traditional C whos shots usually come in the paint.. but its every other aspect of the game that he hasnt improved on that makes him frustrating. he needs to rebound and play D. if he did thoughs two things he would be a much better player. but in bargs case thats a very huge IF.

he is way better then kapono ever was though. thats a tough comparison.

Gators123
11-10-2011, 02:56 PM
i remember when they asked him why he was so bad on the boards, his response was literally "we play basketball not reboundball" he just isn't a very smart player i dont think that'll change ever.

smith&wesson
11-10-2011, 03:00 PM

nailed it. he doesnt have a high basketball iq. either that or toronto is just simply not a good fit for him. were asking him to do all the things he sux at. we need a 5 so we stuck him there. we need rebounding and he is poor rebounder. we need a stronger post pressence and shot blocker to anchor the D. he sux at help D.

now put him on orlando where he can space the floor for howard and he might flurish you never know. i always looked at bargs as a streatch 4. a finess big and that type of player will only excell beside a true banger at the 5.

GodsSon
11-10-2011, 03:44 PM
nailed it. he doesnt have a high basketball iq. either that or toronto is just simply not a good fit for him. were asking him to do all the things he sux at. we need a 5 so we stuck him there. we need rebounding and he is poor rebounder. we need a stronger post pressence and shot blocker to anchor the D. he sux at help D.

now put him on orlando where he can space the floor for howard and he might flurish you never know. i always looked at bargs as a streatch 4. a finess big and that type of player will only excell beside a true banger at the 5.

Why do you think BC drafted Jonas? He's coming...

beasted86
11-10-2011, 03:49 PM

Sounds like something he would say

beasted86
11-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Why do you think BC drafted Jonas? He's coming...

I'd bet money Bargnani will be that much worse defending PFs.

There are a lot more elite PFs in the league than Centers. Imagine a nightly matchup against Amare, Bosh, Pau, Randolph, Aldridge, Garnett, Josh Smith, Boozer, Love, Griffin, West, the list goes on. He is a liability on defense and the boards no matter what position you put him.

heyman321
11-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I hope the Raptors do incredibly terrible so we can get a good pick. If Valochonos turns out to be decent, we could have a pretty decent team in the next 3-4 years. Imagine if the Raptors could get Harrison Barnes to go along with Derozan Ed Davis and Valanchonos, that would be a good young core.

GodsSon
11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I'd bet money Bargnani will be that much worse defending PFs.

There are a lot more elite PFs in the league than Centers. Imagine a nightly matchup against Amare, Bosh, Pau, Randolph, Aldridge, Garnett, Josh Smith, Boozer, Love, Griffin, West, the list goes on. He is a liability on defense and the boards no matter what position you put him.

I'm not so sure.

He's a terrible help defender, but a pretty decent man on man defender, and making the switch to the 4 significantly decreases his responsibility defensively as he's suddenly not the last line of D (who as to cover for other's mistakes).

He's quick enough to guard many of today's 4's and has shown he's more comfortable playing outside of the paint, which is where many new-school PF's like to operate.

He'll definitely be better on both sides of the ball at the 4.

beasted86
11-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm not so sure.

He's a terrible help defender, but a pretty decent man on man defender, and making the switch to the 4 significantly decreases his responsibility defensively as he's suddenly not the last line of D (who as to cover for other's mistakes).

He's quick enough to guard many of today's 4's and has shown he's more comfortable playing outside of the paint, which is where many new-school PF's like to operate.

He'll definitely be better on both sides of the ball at the 4.

If you say so, but as I said, position wise there is way more talent at the PF, and it's not even close.

Aside from Howard, Duncan, Bynum, and Jefferson, I'd much rather Bargnani defending whoever else is left at Center, than any of the top 15 PFs.

Jeff559
11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Bargnani is trash imho opinion. center who cant rebound, play d, and has a 44% career fg percentage.

Jays Claw
11-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Where are you getting 10 international/Euros from? That would be 85% of a roster you idiot. The Raptors currently only have 3 Euros and 1 international player(s) on their roster. 3 + 1 does not equal to 10, okay?

Plus, let's not forget that the past three NBA Champs have utilized Euros as their main focal points to their offensive game.

Never put ****ing Jamario Moon in the same boat as Carter and DeRozan.

On topic: I think Bargs is a mediocre player. He might get them to the playoffs but not much more than that. I do like Derozan though, but I don't think he is going to be a star either.

Pretty much. (Except for the part about DeRozan - he'll be an All-Star!)

Bargs is soon to be a role player as it's no secret the core consists of DD, Davis, and Valanciunas. If anything, Bargs will be of more use netting us decent value through a trade. Moving him for above-average bench players sounds ideal.

If you say so, but as I said, position wise there is way more talent at the PF, and it's not even close.

Aside from Howard, Duncan, Bynum, and Jefferson, I'd much rather Bargnani defending whoever else is left at Center, than any of the top 15 PFs.

Bargs is very dependant when looking at his defensive play. I'd much rather have another player make up for Bargs' mistakes then the other way around.

smith&wesson
11-10-2011, 05:07 PM

bargs cant bang in the paint. he is much better defending his guy face up then he is at providing help D. he is much quicker then most 5's but he gets bullied in the paint.

also consider this, not many players can gaurd dirk, or stat, bosh, lamarcus aldridge.. i much rather have bargs contesting amares shots from 15 feet out then to have him try to gaurd howard in the paint. and try to provide help D when someone blows by calderon. he worst a providing help D then he is at man on man D.

THE MTL
11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Bargnani will continue to score the basketball. However, he has shown me that as #1 option he will only score the basketball. Last season, his rebounding dropped as well as his blocks and defense. He forgot about the other side of the game which he will continue to do if you ask me.

SA5195
11-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Bargnani will never carry this team.

As a Raptors fan, I can't imagine him leading this team to any success. I want him to be traded, but I doubt that this will happen. So for Bargs, he'll be a key player on offense, nothing more than that.

BuddhaMONK
11-10-2011, 05:47 PM

the reason Raptors aren't competitive is because they are owned by a teachers union, who only want to make money (don't care about winning). There was a rumor that rogers was going to buy the raptors from the teachers if this happens then we can start talking about winning.

da ThRONe
11-10-2011, 06:10 PM
If Il Mago has any chance of reaching his potential it's at the 4. Toronto needs a true center.

Cal827
11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
the reason Raptors aren't competitive is because they are owned by a teachers union, who only want to make money (don't care about winning). There was a rumor that rogers was going to buy the raptors from the teachers if this happens then we can start talking about winning.

I'm tired of this MLSE teacher scapegoat stuff though lol. This team will spend if there's something competitive there, period. I blame our GMs... .I know hind-sight is 20/20 but we used high picks on guys like Haffa and Charlie V (Like Bargs, wasn't a terrible pick, but didn't make much sense since we had an emerging all-star in Bosh at the same position.). Wiser Drafting by our joke GMs, and we could have had a team consisting of Igoudala/Granger/Bosh (or Bargs, either way)/Bynum. That team would be able to contend for things lol

BuddhaMONK
11-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm tired of this MLSE teacher scapegoat stuff though lol. This team will spend if there's something competitive there, period. I blame our GMs... .I know hind-sight is 20/20 but we used high picks on guys like Haffa and Charlie V (Like Bargs, wasn't a terrible pick, but didn't make much sense since we had an emerging all-star in Bosh at the same position.). Wiser Drafting by our joke GMs, and we could have had a team consisting of Igoudala/Granger/Bosh (or Bargs, either way)/Bynum. That team would be able to contend for things lol

it's true though, teachers are only trying to make money for their retirement or whatever, they already said they would be willing to sell the Raptors if the right price was offered, which basically means they don't give a **** about the raptors just about money.

jon32
11-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Bargnani for me is'nt smart enough for any other role than well...a role player, to come off the bench for a scoring punch, but he's paid like a starter so that won't happen. But to answer the question no, he will not breakout.

0nekhmer
11-10-2011, 10:39 PM
bargs WILL be a 4 next season. Dwyane Casey boldly stated that Bargnani will not start as the starting C next season.

Bob_at_york
11-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Wiser Drafting by our joke GMs, and we could have had a team consisting of Igoudala/Granger/Bosh (or Bargs, either way)/Bynum. That team would be able to contend for things lol

some interesting revisionist history there. Let's ignore the good reasons why we didn't draft guys like Bynum and Granger.

FlakeyFool
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Bargnani for me is'nt smart enough for any other role than well...a role player, to come off the bench for a scoring punch, but he's paid like a starter so that won't happen. But to answer the question no, he will not breakout.

uh...wh....d..what?

Tony_Starks
11-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Bargs will always be a poor mans Dirk but on a contender where he is just a piece to the puzzle he would flourish. But if he's one of your main guys, you're in big trouble.......

Evolution23
11-11-2011, 05:27 PM

Foolish. Every team goes through bad streches.

Chronz
11-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what games Bargs stood out defensively (1 on 1)?

rapsjaysfan88
11-11-2011, 05:41 PM
isn't toronto in the top 10 in value in forbes. thats with 5 playoff appreances in 16 years. imagine they were an actually competitive year in year out. people talking contraction are just moronic.

ManningToTyree
11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't see bargs ever breaking out. He is what he is. I think he would be very useful if had the right team around him. He is better better off as a second option with a rebounding a juggernaut next to him

AndyfromNeptune
11-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Toronto is one of the biggest MArkets in the NBA.....

I personally love having an NBA team in Toronto. Such a huge market. 2nd most visited city in North America.

AndyfromNeptune
11-11-2011, 06:01 PM
And yes, I think Toronto will be competitive this year.

Although I think Andrea Bargnani will maintain a similar statline, the breakout year for Demar Derozan will really push Toronto towards the 7th/8th seed in the East fighting with the Sixers to clinch.

Hypothetically Speaking, I'm gonna go with:

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Boston
4. Magic
5. New York
6. Hawks
7. Sixers
8. Toronto

GodsSon
11-11-2011, 06:12 PM

Although I think Andrea Bargnani will maintain a similar statline, the breakout year for Demar Derozan will really push Toronto towards the 7th/8th seed in the East fighting with the Sixers to clinch.

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Boston
4. Magic
5. New York
6. Hawks
7. Sixers
8. Toronto

Love your optimism, but I hope you're wrong.

We could really afford to suck 1 last year and get another top 5 pick in the LOADED 2012 draft and draft either our future SF or PG. By 2012-2013 though, I could see us grabbing the 8th seed.

Valanciunas
Ed Davis/Bargnani
Barnes or Anthony Davis or Q Miller
DeRozan
Bayless

That's a really good looking young core.

Rego247
11-11-2011, 06:55 PM

We could really afford to suck 1 last year and get another top 5 pick in the LOADED 2012 draft and draft either our future SF or PG. By 2012-2013 though, I could see us grabbing the 8th seed.

Valanciunas
Ed Davis/Bargnani
DeRozan
Bayless

That is a dirty squad right there. Harrison Barnes + Val in 2012 = :drool:

AndyfromNeptune
11-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Valanciunas
Ed Davis/Bargnani
DeRozan
Bayless

Thanks man. :D

I just figured that the East is so weak, its possible that Toronto could make a run at it. Derozan gets better every single year.

Obviously, I want my team the Knicks to beat yall every time, but I am very supportive of the NBA Global movement and I think the Raptors are building a nice core in Ontario. So to the original poster, in no way should Toronto even be thought about being contracted. It's just not fiscally logical.

On another note, I'm thinking about going to the University of Toronto next year, so hopefully I can catch some great games !

gwrighter
11-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Can anyone tell me what games Bargs stood out defensively (1 on 1)?

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/07/15/nba-mythbusters-is-andrea-bargnani-a-terrible-defender/

Here is a pretty comprehensive analysis on Bargnani's defensive prowess or lack thereof.

spreadeagle
11-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Ive seen most of his pro games,Id say his big problem is that the ball stops when it gets to him..hes shoot first player and hes streaky..also his pump fakes are the worst in basketball lol..I think he would be great playing with Howard on Orlando.He can give you 23 and 6 on any givin night which is valuble.I think he will be traded since we have Amir and Ed Davis at PF and new coach Casey has said he will not not start at C..what type players do you think the Raps could get for him considering hes locked in to a 10 mil a yr deal????

Rego247
11-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Ive seen most of his pro games,Id say his big problem is that the ball stops when it gets to him..hes shoot first player and hes streaky..also his pump fakes are the worst in basketball lol..I think he would be great playing with Howard on Orlando.He can give you 23 and 6 on any givin night which is valuble.I think he will be traded since we have Amir and Ed Davis at PF and new coach Casey has said he will not not start at C..what type players do you think the Raps could get for him considering hes locked in to a 10 mil a yr deal????

A stop-gap C i'd imagine i.e. Dalembert.

But sooner or later we're going to have to decide who's more valuable to the franchise going forward Ed or Bargs? Davis is only going to get better and I can't see him being relegated to the bench for too long.

BuddhaMONK
11-11-2011, 09:14 PM

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Boston
4. Magic
5. New York
6. Hawks
7. Sixers
8. Toronto

if we sign dalembert or chandler then yes, if not no way..

BronxBomber300
11-11-2011, 09:16 PM

I agree that the Raptors do not have a great team at the moment. There team is full of young players. They had one of the youngest starting line ups in the league last year. The rumors about Bargnani wanting a trade were all shot down by him as he addressed those rumors quickly after they started circulating. The fact that you decide to take a shot at the country of Canada for having an NBA team in one of the largest markets in North America is just a form of ignorance. The Raptor's have a great attendance record and a great fanbase. The city of Toronto fully embrace's their team. The Raptor's will never move because it doesn't make sense to move one of the most profitable NBA franchise's. You also mentioned that wins come first over making money, this is a business so making money is always the top priority.

spreadeagle
11-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I think Bargnani was part of the Bosh Calderon Bargnani era that just didnt work out...Time to move on with Ed Davis, Amir, Derozan and Big V aka the fourth Jonas Brother

Rego247
11-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I agree that the Raptors do not have a great team at the moment. There team is full of young players. They had one of the youngest starting line ups in the league last year. The rumors about Bargnani wanting a trade were all shot down by him as he addressed those rumors quickly after they started circulating. The fact that you decide to take a shot at the country of Canada for having an NBA team in one of the largest markets in North America is just a form of ignorance. The Raptor's have a great attendance record and a great fanbase. The city of Toronto fully embrace's their team. The Raptor's will never move because it doesn't make sense to move one of the most profitable NBA franchise's. You also mentioned that wins come first over making money, this is a business so making money is always the top priority.

Preach on ma brother.