PDA

View Full Version : The knicks will have the most cap space in 2012

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 03:44 AM
According to sources the knicks will have the most cap space in 2012 at first I was skeptical because of other teams like the clippers and other young teams but then I realized they have young talent to be resigned like in the clippers case they have to resign deandre jordan and eric gordan and the knicks have landry fields and toney douglas but if we go after cp3 we dont need douglas and with the drafting of shumpert fields is now expendable so we could either renounce both of their rights or just trade them for salary relief and hey we might get back a first round pick for 1 or both of them and that would just leave us with amare carmelo and shumps of course this is with the projected salary cap going up to about 61 million that would leave us with about 20 MILLION SO TO ALL THE HATERS THE KNICKS CAN EITHER GO AFTER CP3 OR D12 EASILY I know its alot of people on this forums worst nightmare but it just might come true

Chronz
11-08-2011, 03:56 AM
fALSE?

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:00 AM
how explain

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:01 AM
and if so who will have more cap space

THE GIPPER
11-08-2011, 04:01 AM
According to sources the knicks will have the most cap space in 2012 at first I was skeptical because of other teams like the clippers and other young teams but then I realized they have young talent to be resigned like in the clippers case they have to resign deandre jordan and eric gordan and the knicks have landry fields and toney douglas but if we go after cp3 we dont need douglas and with the drafting of shumpert fields is now expendable so we could either renounce both of their rights or just trade them for salary relief and hey we might get back a first round pick for 1 or both of them and that would just leave us with amare carmelo and shumps of course this is with the projected salary cap going up to about 61 million that would leave us with about 20 MILLION SO TO ALL THE HATERS THE KNICKS CAN EITHER GO AFTER CP3 OR D12 EASILY I know its alot of people on this forums worst nightmare but it just might come true

. < use those things once in a while

Raph12
11-08-2011, 04:02 AM
The Knicks have only Melo, Stat and Balkman on the payroll for 2012, now if the labor talks go as planned, the Knicks could amnesty Stat, stretch Melo's salary to lessen the payroll even more and sign CP3 and D12 straight up... That's what I would do if I'm James Dolan.

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:10 AM
no amnesty balkman keep stat and get paul dont get me wrong howard is good but he is all athletic and 1 injuy away from being useless dont get me wrong he could end up being on of the greats but cp3 has talents all over the court and a great pg can affect the game more than a center plus we could use our mle on a c best available or draft one

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:11 AM
somebody please tell me who will have more cap and i'll put up my sources

Chronz
11-08-2011, 04:21 AM
20 Mill aint enough for both CP3 and Dwight and I really doubt the cap is set at 60M.

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:23 AM
no genious lol

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:23 AM
just one of them im not one of those knicks fans tryin to build a dream team

Chronz
11-08-2011, 04:29 AM
OK then I doubt the CAP is at 60M, and hard to project #'s with so much in limbo. Lots of teams could do lots of things and have more cap space than you. Even better, those teams can extend and trade those players which could appeal to those franchises. For example, if your Orlando would you rather lose Dwight to the Knicks or trade Dwight to LAC in exchange for DeAndre+Picks?

VillaMaravilla
11-08-2011, 04:31 AM
no amnesty balkman keep stat and get paul dont get me wrong howard is good but he is all athletic and 1 injuy away from being useless dont get me wrong he could end up being on of the greats but cp3 has talents all over the court and a great pg can affect the game more than a center plus we could use our mle on a c best available or draft one

are you serious hes 1 injury away? and wtf it Stat the guy cant even get a insured contract because of his past serious injuries, let his *** go and go after Williams and Hpward if its possible

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:45 AM
yeah but have you ever seen dwight play he plays like a dam lb out there jus straight power and gets the hardest fouls in the league if and a big if the knicks actually get a center and just play amare at pf he is less likely to get injured because of his style of play he has the best mid range jump shot of any big i mean amares offense is remarkable and im sorry dwight doesnt really have a game outside the paint and you could get a center for 1 fourth of his salary to rebound and block shots thats all we need im cool with dwill if we dont get cp3

bholly
11-08-2011, 04:46 AM
The Knicks have only Melo, Stat and Balkman on the payroll for 2012, now if the labor talks go as planned, the Knicks could amnesty Stat, stretch Melo's salary to lessen the payroll even more and sign CP3 and D12 straight up... That's what I would do if I'm James Dolan.

they still probably couldn't afford it, but this is still the best knicks plan i've heard. that's what i'd try and do if i was dolan, too.

this is a classic post. howard (hasn't had an injury in his career) is a bigger injury concern for you than chris paul (had major knee surgery). really?

smood999
11-08-2011, 04:50 AM
knicks will not get both players and will not amnesty amare..wishful thinking...but yes the knicks will have the most space and here is a source..

Knicks happy salary cap won't shrink with new labor deal
By MARC BERMAN

Last Updated: 4:12 PM, November 1, 2011

Posted: 1:48 AM, November 1, 2011

Knicks owner James Dolan is frustrated the lockout rages on and the club’s season opener tomorrow against the Heat at the Garden has been wiped out. But Dolan, part of the owners’ negotiating committee, is content about one of the agreed-upon aspects of a new collective bargaining agreement: the size of the salary cap will not go down.

More than any team in the NBA, that will benefit Dolan’s big-market Knicks the most, ironically.

According to multiple sources, one of the resolved issues in a new CBA is the 2011 salary cap will remain at the level as it was in 2010 -- $58 million.
“That’s what we’ve been discussing, though the exact dollar amount is not set until the new deal is done,’’ said one league source, who added no new talks have yet been scheduled.

Economic projections from sources say the salary cap will then grow to about $60-$61 million in 2012, when the Knicks will have the largest cap space in the league and have room to woo either Chris Paul, Deron Williams or Dwight Howard, who are slated to become free agents. The Knicks could be at least $20 million under the projected 2012 cap.
Ironically, Dolan has been seated across from Paul, who is the Knicks’ top priority, during many of the labor bargaining sessions because Paul is on the union’s negotiation committee.

According to a players source, Dolan has been the least combative of the owners and often serves as a mediator during contentious moments.

“He’s tried to keep the parties on point,’’ the source said. “He’s trying to make a deal, seeing a positive spin. He’s been, in a word, productive.’’

Early in the negotiations, the owners’ proposals had the cap set back to $45 million, which would have killed former Knicks president Donnie Walsh’s master plan of adding a third superstar to Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony in 2012.

Walsh is a consultant now, but his big defense for gutting the team for Anthony was that the blockbuster trade preserved the Knicks’ 2012 cap flexiblity.

The new CBA (whenever it’s agreed upon) will also clear more cap space for the Knicks in 2012 because of the agreed-upon amnesty clause.

Knicks interim general manager Glen Grunwald is expected to use the clause on Nuggets throw-in Renaldo Balkman, whom he once drafted. Balkman is to make $1.7M in 2012 and is not in Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni’s plans.

When Balkman, a former first-round pick in the Isiah Thomas Era, is sliced, his $1.7M salary won’t count toward the cap under the new provision.

Without Balkman taking up 2012 cap room, the Knicks may have only three players under a guaranteed contract after this season: Anthony ($19.4M ), Stoudemire (19.9), rookie Iman Shumpert (projected $1.4M).
Toney Douglas has a team option for $2.06M and may not be re-signed if Shumpert excels. If the Knicks don’t exercise the Douglas option, they could be at $40.3M entering that summer -- possibly $20-$21M million in cap space.

Yahoo! has reported the NBA and players are talking about bringing federal mediator George Cohen back to talks this week. ... Union president Derek Fisher sent a letter to the players yesterday, denying a report he has a rift with union director Billy Hunter.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/dolan_thinking_cap_KYqiEAYeqYYk4xR4CJ3ApO#ixzz1d6N WynGo

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:56 AM
ok but the player has to sign the extension before you trade them i do agree on some points the sources say the cap should rise but the owners have lied alot already but in my honest opinion super teams are good for the league its teams like dallas and the lakers that was a problem super teams build ratings an yea i doubt d12 signs an extension to go to the clippers and its not allowed during the season to do that with this new cba so cp3 or d12 would have had to sign the extension before the season for that to happen so it kinda looking like they might just lose both for nothing or they could trade to highiest bidder for 1 year rentals

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 04:58 AM
smood999

thanx for the source i know i saw it jus to lazy to find it

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:02 AM
OK then I doubt the CAP is at 60M, and hard to project #'s with so much in limbo. Lots of teams could do lots of things and have more cap space than you. Even better, those teams can extend and trade those players which could appeal to those franchises. For example, if your Orlando would you rather lose Dwight to the Knicks or trade Dwight to LAC in exchange for DeAndre+Picks?

sign and trades will only be limited to teams under the cap and extend and trades will no longer be allowed...also the salary cap system will remain the same for the most part and it will not drop lower than the 58 mil that it was this past season...of course the salary cap situation can change if the players dont accept the current proposal...

In Letter to Union, Stern Details His UltimatumBy HOWARD BECK
The ultimatum issued by the N.B.A. to its players over the weekend not only threatens them with a worse labor deal, but also a massive pay cut if they do not make a deal by Wednesday afternoon.

A letter sent by David Stern, the commissioner of the N.B.A., to the players union Sunday contrasts the proposal on the table — highlighted by a 50-50 split of revenues — with a “reset” proposal that would cut the players’ share to 47 percent, roll back current contracts, impose a hard salary cap and reduce contract lengths.

The salary rollback, which was part of the N.B.A.’s first controversial proposal in 2010, had not been included in any league proposal since the weekend of Oct. 1, and it was not publicly mentioned by Stern when he announced the ultimatum early Sunday morning.

But the rollback was included in the letter Stern sent to Billy Hunter, the union’s executive director. A copy of the letter was obtained by The New York Times.

The union has until 5 p.m. Wednesday to accept the N.B.A.’s last proposal or have it replaced by the reset proposal, Stern wrote.

“Rather than simply proceeding, as we could have, to offer a less favorable proposal at this time, the N.B.A. is providing an additional period of time for the players association to consider our 50/50 proposal,” Stern wrote. “We are hopeful that the prospect of a less favorable outcome for the players will prompt the players association to realize that the best deal that can be reached is the one the N.B.A. is prepared to make right now.”

Stern closes, “Billy, I sincerely hope that we can reach an agreement over the next few days.”

The N.B.A.’s current proposal to the players includes a soft salary cap, a 50 percent share of revenues for players and these features:

¶ Salary-cap and luxury-tax levels in Years 1 and 2 of the new agreement will be no less than they were in 2010-11. By Year 3, they will be adjusted downward to conform to the new system.

¶ Sign-and-trade deals and the biannual exception will be available only to nontaxpaying teams.

¶ Extend-and-trade deals, such as the one signed by Carmelo Anthony last season, will be prohibited.

¶ The midlevel exception will be set at $5 million for nontaxpaying teams, with a maximum length between three and four years (alternating annually). The value of the exception will grow by 3 percent annually, starting in Year 3.

¶ The midlevel exception will be set at $2.5 million for taxpaying teams, with a maximum length of two years, and cannot be used in consecutive years. Its value will also grow at 3 percent annually.

¶ A 10 percent escrow tax will be withheld from player salaries, to ensure that player earnings do not exceed 50 percent of league revenues. An additional withholding will be applied in Year 1 “to account for business uncertainty” stemming from the lockout.

¶ Maximum contract lengths will be five years for “Bird” free agents and four years for others.

¶ Annual contract increases will be 5.5 percent for “Bird” players and 3.5 percent for others.

¶ Players will be paid a prorated share of their 2011-12 salaries, based on the number of games played once the season starts.

¶ Team and player contract options will be prohibited in new contracts, other than rookie deals. But a player can opt out of the final year of a contract if he agrees to zero salary protection (i.e., if it is nonguaranteed).

The “reset” proposal features a flex-cap system that contains an absolute salary ceiling — to be set $5 million above the average team salary. In addition, the N.B.A. would roll back existing contracts “in proportion to system changes in order to ensure sufficient market for free agents.”

The other major differences in the “reset” proposal are:

¶ The midlevel exception would be set at $3 million in Year 1, with a maximum length of three years, and would grow at 3 percent annually.

¶ Maximum salaries would be reduced.

¶ Sign-and-trade rules would remain consistent with the 2005 labor deal.

¶ Contracts would be limited to four years for “Bird” free agents and three years for others, but each team could give a five-year deal to one designated player.

¶ Raises would be limited to 4.5 percent for “Bird” players and 3.5 percent for others.

¶ Changes requested by the union on restricted free agency rules and salary-cap holds would not be included.

Both proposals include an “amnesty” provision that will allow every team to waive one player and have 100 percent of his salary removed from the cap.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/sports/basketball/nba-in-letter-to-union-stern-details-his-ultimatum.html?_r=2&ref=basketball

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:05 AM
i know he hasnt had an injury truthfully hes really young im just saying i wouldnt put all my chips on his and amares knees i want cp3

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:08 AM
pretty much if this deal goes down wed...i would say its safe to say the knicks will land another marquee free agent...as the salary cap will be higher than the 58 mil it is now, extend and trades r no longer an option and sign and trades r only available to teams not over the cap...in trying to prevent super teams and give small market teams a better chance, the nba did the knicks a favor since all these rules will not apply to them even w melo and amare already...

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:11 AM
cp3 is just like amare he got injured because he carried that franchise on his back for a while and came back from his injury on top of his game i use to live in orlando and i might be in the minority but i think d12 is overated i mean he's good but hes no shaq to me he is more of a better scoing ben wallace when he gets older and still doesnt have a post game it will show more

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:15 AM
so does that mean orl cant trade d12 because ther over the cap or they can only be trade partners for a s&t with non tax paying teams

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:16 AM
so does that mean orl cant trade d12 because ther over the cap or they can only be trade partners for a s&t with non tax paying teams

well this is IF the players agree to this by wed...but yeah it means he would have to sign outright w a team or sign and trade w a team that is currently under the cap...

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:19 AM
in a sense it does really limit the options for example the mia heat couldnt sign and trade one of their big 3 for d howard..even if the salaries match...idk the lakers cap situation...but if the lakers r over the cap this will make it very difficult to get howard...

my guess is the lakers would have to somehow just get under the cap by the trade deadline and then they could do a sign and trade but if they dont then idk how theyd get him...again idk the lakers cap situation but this is if they r still over and IF the players agree to this deal

Chronz
11-08-2011, 05:25 AM
sign and trades will only be limited to teams under the cap and extend and trades will no longer be allowed
DeAndre is a FA as soon as the CBA is signed, we can trade him next off-season or just Amnesty him.

.also the salary cap system will remain the same for the most part and it will not drop lower than the 58 mil that it was this past season...of course the salary cap situation can change if the players dont accept the current proposal...

Under this scenario;
Knicks have 39.3M tied up into Melo/Amare, leaving them with 19M to fill out the roster and potential rookies to sign before then. Lots of teams can clear out cap space including the Clippers. We'll see how this proposal works out.

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:28 AM
even w a hard cap w roll backs the knicks will still have around the same amount of space...the problem this is that they would have 20 mil to fill the whole roster and realistically couldnt give one player a max and then be left to fill 8-11 roster spots with only 5-7 mil of cap space...

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:33 AM
cp3 is willing to sign for less lets say 15 mill we still have money left over and i doubt the clippers lets deandre jordan walk also they have to resign eric gordan in 2012 and leave room for blake griffin to be resigned so besides the clippers like i said who i mean i doubt teams will be trying to help teams out in clearing salary espeacially because i dont think ther will be alot of trades between small market and big market teams

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:34 AM
DeAndre is a FA as soon as the CBA is signed, we can trade him next off-season or just Amnesty him.

Under this scenario;
Knicks have 39.3M tied up into Melo/Amare, leaving them with 19M to fill out the roster and potential rookies to sign before then. Lots of teams can clear out cap space including the Clippers. We'll see how this proposal works out.

i wasnt referring to the clippers at all...just the knicks situation...but other teams can clear out space..and the knicks dont have a draft pick between now and then...the thing is IF this deal goes down..the knicks will have just as much money to offer as any other team..i think that was the op point...but signing another max the knicks would be forced to just sign vet mins until the next yr when they could use the mid level...it would be the same exact situation as mia...but like u said and like ive been saying this really all depends on what happens the next couple days and i agree its too soon to say...but i do believe this current deal which was made to help small market teams was a gift from the nba to the knicks...

abe_froman
11-08-2011, 05:35 AM
ehhh they could get dwight,though knicks fans seem more in favor of cp3(they shouldnt be,not only is dwight better but fills their biggest need)....though many teams can just amnesty their way under the cap to offer him tons

...which all this talk defeats the spirit of this cba is suppose to accomplish lol

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:40 AM
why cant we fill our roster with vet min and 2nd rd pics boston did it and miami also the next year we coud use our mle an the big 3 we'd be forming would be more like boston being that they would all complement each other

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:44 AM
why cant we fill our roster with vet min and 2nd rd pics boston did it and miami also the next year we coud use our mle an the big 3 we'd be forming would be more like boston being that they would all complement each other

we can if the salary cap system remains the same as proposed..but if the deal isnt struck and the owners stay true to their word....w a hard cap/flex cap u have to have a full roster and u cannot go over the cap the flex part of it is just to allow teams to go over for rules such as bird rights and mle, draft picks etc....the soft cap is what allows teams to hit the cap mark with only a few players like bos and mia and then go over using vet mins...

smood999
11-08-2011, 05:46 AM
i just want a season...

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:55 AM
yea if that happens they better decertify im praying they get a deal on wed that proposal doesnt sound bad for the knicks

OA SLAY
11-08-2011, 09:59 AM
no genious lol

Ha! Google it *itch

P Styles
11-08-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but wouldnt the Nets or Clippers have more cap space?

Also, these threads make us Knicks fans look bad. We haven't proven anything yet, and we're not the only team with cap space.

Yes we can dream/hope, but c'mon, lets at least wait for the new CBA to be agreed, because until then these are all moot points.

cardinals1226
11-08-2011, 10:25 AM

You act like the Knicks are the only team with cap space. If indeed that an entire season is cancelled, the Pacers will have far more cap space than the Knicks. Their projected payroll is only $25 million, leaving them with $36 million in cap space. Keep talking up the idea of getting Chris Paul or Dwight Howard. This is the same talk that Lebron was getting, but lookies, he's in Miami, not New York.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but wouldnt the Nets or Clippers have more cap space?

Also, these threads make us Knicks fans look bad. We haven't proven anything yet, and we're not the only team with cap space.

Yes we can dream/hope, but c'mon, lets at least wait for the new CBA to be agreed, because until then these are all moot points.

Exactly...

dhopisthename
11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
saying they will have the most cap is kind of a question mark at this point since it is still a year away. For example the jazz could be set up with a ton of cap room if the were to say move al jefferson for cap space.

sixer04fan
11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Knicks forum?

avon_barksdale
11-08-2011, 11:51 AM
ummmmm no.... the knicks got 41 mil on the books for 2012. some teams that got more space is celtics, kings, clips, suns, raps, nets

Robbw241
11-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Nuggets, Kings, Pacers, Nets, Wizards(assuming Lewis' amnesty cut)

GodsSon
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Seriously? Move this trash to the Knicks forum

beasted86
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Knicks don't have the most cap space. Just take my word for it for now. Maybe when I'm not in a lazy mood I'll do the full breakdown of exactly how much the top 5 teams have w/ cap holds in mind.

Not even in the "most cap space for a big market team" race do the Knicks have the most. There's nothing they can do short of using the amnesty on Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony that would give them the most cap space in the summer of 2012.

29$JerZ
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
:laugh2:

Knick news and NBA forum don't mix
You'd think this would be common sense now.

Even if the Knicks would have the most CAP in 2012 even a team with Paul/Melo/Amar'e or Deron/Melo/Dwight with Amar'e getting Amnesty Cut would have absolutely no support unless every Vet min comes to NY immediately.

I'm pretty sure with all the ghost roster spots and CAP holds the Knicks would not have the most CAP.
Not to mention Landry and Toney and either Balkman or Iman would have to be cut

ttam68
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
SOARces sey HIGh qualty thred right here,.....dont belive me prove it

mjm07
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Seriously? Move this trash to the Knicks forum

this

Punk
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Lol It's funny that every Knicks thread has to be clouded with idiotic posts and "That's not possibleeee!"

Anyways, we would have cap space for Dwight or Paul. We probably wouldn't have the most but we are the best attractive team.

And, we are never getting rid of Amare and Melo for Howard signing in 2012. That defeats the entire purpose of him coming here. What kind of nonsense is that?

Let's follow the timeline:
2009 - Knicks won't have enough cap space. Impossible for that to happen.
2010 - Knicks will get shut out, won't make the playoffs.
2011 - Knicks won't get Melo, not enough pieces for Denver.
2012 - Knicks can't get Howard and Paul

A never ending cycle.

jimbobjarree
11-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I hope you learn how to use punctuation by the time the Knicks get CP3.

Sactown
11-08-2011, 01:40 PM
The Kings are so far under the limit right now.. they payroll is illegal.. if the kings don't use player options they're at 7 mil

sixer04fan
11-08-2011, 01:44 PM
How is still not moved to the Knicks forum yet? This is the definition of what should be in a specific team's forum. Ridiculous. C'mon, mods.

PC
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Lol It's funny that every Knicks thread has to be clouded with idiotic posts and "That's not possibleeee!"

Anyways, we would have cap space for Dwight or Paul. We probably wouldn't have the most but we are the best attractive team.

And, we are never getting rid of Amare and Melo for Howard signing in 2012. That defeats the entire purpose of him coming here. What kind of nonsense is that?

2009 - Knicks won't have enough cap space. Impossible for that to happen.
2010 - Knicks will get shut out, won't make the playoffs.
2011 - Knicks won't get Melo, not enough pieces for Denver.
2012 - Knicks can't get Howard and Paul

A never ending cycle.

Even if you're overly optimistic and say that the cap will be set at $61 million, we'll still only have roughly $15 million to spend. Considering the max would be around $18.3 million, Paul or any other max FA would have to take a pretty substantial paycut over the life of the contract. Still, in the eyes of many Knicks fans, I guess Paul coming here's a slam dunk...

Robbw241
11-08-2011, 01:50 PM
SOARces sey HIGh qualty thred right here,.....dont belive me prove it

:laugh:

Sactown
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM

2009 -Knicks are getting Lebron, Wade, Bosh it's "A slam dunk"
2010 - Knicks are going to win a ring with Lebron
2011 - What? Why didn't Lebron come to NY he's a douche bag...
2012 - We're going to land CP3 or D12!! omg! It's "A slam dunk"
2012- part 2 We're going to win a ring with CP3, STAT, and Melo
2013- What's going to happen?
A never ending cycle.
Yes it is..

nyfinest4life
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM
yea i agree also. its pathetic how every1 hates on the knicks. every1 knows paul is going to the knicks, n if paul doesnt go d12 or deron williams will. every1 seems jealous n real hateful

Pierzynski4Prez
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Just like every1 knew LBJ was going to the Knicks too.

LOOTERX9
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM

OMG! What kind of post is this?:facepalm: You do know that cp3 is way more injury proned than dwight howard right!? CP3 has been on disabled list 100 times more than howard. You take the dominant center over the skilled PG 100 percent of the time. :facepalm: Why why why?:facepalm:

smith&wesson
11-08-2011, 02:42 PM
isnt the cap projected to remain the same ?

nyfinest4life
11-08-2011, 02:45 PM
yea i agree with looterx9. how could u say d12 is one injury away from being useless?? thats a crazy statement. hes never injured. if any1 is one injury away from being useless its paul.

Dankster
11-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Sorry man but any logical Knick fan would trade Amare 10 out of 10 times in a package deal for Dwight Howard. TBH, we would be able to provide one of the more lucrative packages if we packaged him, draft picks, and Chauncey (expiring contract) for Dwight and one of their ridiculous contracts that they want to unload on us so they can get under the cap sooner than later.

This isn't the 90's bud, there is no such thing as loyalty anymore. Amare is no Pat Ewing. Amare helped us to start attracting other stars to come here but I would imagine he would be absolutely disposable if it came to the remote possibility of obtaining Dwight.

nyfinest4life
11-08-2011, 02:46 PM
pierzinksy how could u say that?? i guess u 4got they got amare n melo. wat bout that? u act like they got nobody. they already have 2 stars n they will soon be adding another star

Garrett2010
11-08-2011, 02:52 PM
CP is not injury prone. End this myth. In 3 of the past 4 seasons he has played in at least 78 games. That doesn't sound like an injury prone player to me...

LOOTERX9
11-08-2011, 02:53 PM
yea i agree with looterx9. how could u say d12 is one injury away from being useless?? thats a crazy statement. hes never injured. if any1 is one injury away from being useless its paul.

Yeah I am bald now from pulling out my hair cause of that post from FLATBUSH KNICKS

daleja424
11-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Melo and State ALONE will be making 40 million for the 2012 season. Plus your rookies this year and next + cap holds for all remaining mandatory roster spots

All of that equals less than 10 million in cap space for 2012...

There will be many teams with a lot more space than that.

LOOTERX9
11-08-2011, 02:57 PM
CP is not injury prone. End this myth. In 3 of the past 4 seasons he has played in at least 78 games. That doesn't sound like an injury prone player to me...

I don't trust both CP3 and Amare being healthy for most of a season and over a multi year contract. Go after Howard 1st, then maybe deron williams, then cp3

sep11ie
11-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Source?

nyfinest4life
11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
yea i totally agree with looterx. if they are smart the knicks will go after d12 n if they cant get him they should try n sign deron. if neither of them come than go get paul

JEDean89
11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
scope the nuggs cap space, whoever said that is wrong.

nate2usmc
11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Knicks will not have the most cap space in 2012. Wishful thinking :sigh:

uprightciti
11-08-2011, 03:15 PM
in before the close!

LOL THIS IS STUPID

dtmagnet
11-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Every open roster spot counts as the veteran's minimum towards the salary cap.

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:22 PM
CP is not injury prone. End this myth. In 3 of the past 4 seasons he has played in at least 78 games. That doesn't sound like an injury prone player to me.. thank you people i love you but seriously I SAID WITH D12'S STYLE OF PLAY HE IS BOUND FOR A SERIOUS INJURY ESPEACIALLY IF HE CAME TO THE KNICKS he would do all the dirty work being that amare doesnt play d or rebound then he'd never be the same player HE HAS NO JUMPSHOT UNLIKE AMARE

Hawkeye15
11-08-2011, 05:24 PM
trying to project what their cap space will be then is ridiculous. They aren't a cellar dweller making room for the biggest FA in history. They have their two main pieces, and they want to compete now. They will continue to fill that roster out, not make huge cap room for later.

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
also vet min doesnt count aainst the cap do half of you people even watch the nba or your probaly just mad another big 3 is about to form and your wack ***** team cant get nobody PUNCTUATE DAT BIACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garrett2010
11-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't trust both CP3 and Amare being healthy for most of a season and over a multi year contract. Go after Howard 1st, then maybe deron williams, then cp3

Did you know that in the past 4 years Deron has only played in 8 more games than CP? I guess that means Deron is injury prone too...

bholly
11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Every open roster spot counts as the veteran's minimum towards the salary cap.

rookie minimum, but i guess that's moot until we see what the rule is in the new cba.

da ThRONe
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Knicks fans should rejoice. If the players accept the current deal salary caps won't matter and the Dolans' of the world can just open their pockets even more than small/med rev teams can afford to go into the new luxury tax.

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:55 PM
All of this is irrelevant if they don't accept the deal tomorrow

flatbush knicks
11-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Knicks fans should rejoice. If the players accept the current deal salary caps won't matter and the Dolans' of the world can just open their pockets even more than small/med rev teams can't afford to go as far into the new luxury tax.

I know your preaching to the choir amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

CousinsEvansDUO
11-08-2011, 05:59 PM
How can you say that when the Sacramento kings will have the most cap space. when we release john salmons and trade Francisco Garcia to the wolves we'll have nearly 40 million cap space. that's enough for cp3 and Dwight. THE BIG 4 will be born in Sacramento.

GodsSon
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
To the admins, mods and the powers that be at PSD.

Please change the rules so that you need at least 100-200 posts before being able to create threads. It would greatly help avoid the retardedness that's been plaguing the NBA forum during the lockout. :)

Regards,

GodsSon

Hawkeye15
11-08-2011, 06:43 PM
OP, did you create this thread to bait everyone into a fight about the Knicks? What is your intention?

If you continue with the snide remarks to anyone that doesn't agree with you, the thread will be closed, and more action could be taken. Please chill out.

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the Knicks CP3

Mudvayne91
11-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Isn't this something you're suppose to do when you create a thread?

And very good point

CousinsEvansDUO
11-08-2011, 08:23 PM
You people are being foolish. You can't guarantee that CP3 will want to go to New York. He might just resign. What will you have to do then? That's right spend your 20 mill on scrubs.

Mudvayne91
11-08-2011, 08:29 PM
As they say in the NFL, if that happens, next man up!

jeter 2
11-08-2011, 10:48 PM

no deal tomorrow! irrelevant.

RekeHavoc
11-09-2011, 01:21 AM

lol at a knicks fans math: $20million(knicks)>$34 milion dollars(clippers) space

lmaooo

oh boy:facepalm:

even after resigning gordon to say, 12 million dollars or so, they still manage to have enough money to sign both howard and cp3

http://www.hoopsworld.com/los-angeles-clippers-team-salary/

you do the math^ :laugh2::laugh2:

maybe you can pull the wool over the casual psd fans and the "hardcore knicks fans"(established Febuary 21st 2011:clap:)

but you cant fool me

NYKnicks4511
11-09-2011, 02:17 AM
lol at a knicks fans math: $20million(knicks)>$34 milion dollars(clippers) space

lmaooo

oh boy:facepalm:

even after resigning gordon to say, 12 million dollars or so, they still manage to have enough money to sign both howard and cp3

http://www.hoopsworld.com/los-angeles-clippers-team-salary/

you do the math^ :laugh2::laugh2:

maybe you can pull the wool over the casual psd fans and the "hardcore knicks fans"(established Febuary 21st 2011:clap:)

but you cant fool me

Before making pretentious statements you should probably read the post (however hard it may be to read that big run-on sentence).

DeAndre Jordan ain't coming free, best believe he's going to get paid 7 million at minimum per year, assuming he gives the Clips a little discount to stay and play with his BFF Blake.

There is no chance that they can sign both CP3 and Dwight to anything less than a max contract. And also, why the hell would either of them transition from their current situations to play
a.) in the smaller LA market
b.) on a very young team regardless of potential, when the Knicks have two proven stars Amar'e and Melo, the Nets have Deron Williams, and the Lakers can clear house to make a pitch to them as well?

SugeKnight
11-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Chris Paul
Me
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

:drool: deam team

effen5
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
i know he hasnt had an injury truthfully hes really young im just saying i wouldnt put all my chips on his and amares knees i want cp3

Anyone find this ironic? CP3 has a history with injuries and D12 doesn't?

RekeHavoc
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Before making pretentious statements you should probably read the post (however hard it may be to read that big run-on sentence).

DeAndre Jordan ain't coming free, best believe he's going to get paid 7 million at minimum per year, assuming he gives the Clips a little discount to stay and play with his BFF Blake.

There is no chance that they can sign both CP3 and Dwight to anything less than a max contract. And also, why the hell would either of them transition from their current situations to play
a.) in the smaller LA market
b.) on a very young team regardless of potential, when the Knicks have two proven stars Amar'e and Melo, the Nets have Deron Williams, and the Lakers can clear house to make a pitch to them as well?

:facepalm:

if the clippers can sign dwight howard, what exactly makes you think that they wont let jordan go and not give him anything higher than the qualifing offer, which some team is bound to offer more

how much smaller a market is LA than NY:facepalm:

you tell me how the clippers cant offer both howard and cp3 a contract? even if they both signed for 14 million, 14 x 2=28. 16x2=32

still smaller than 34 million

and the bird rights allow them to go over the cap to sign gordonn

and why exactly would cp3 or dwight, from a pure basketball standpoint, choose to sign with a "superstar" who has only been out the first round once, and a player that can barely play out a entire season without some ridicolous injury(ahhh my eye, oh **** my big toe is swollen, lemme take a week off):injury:

and how is $34 somehow less than $20?

i would like someone with actual logic to explain to me this

LongIslandIcedZ
11-09-2011, 11:27 AM

if the clippers can sign dwight howard, what exactly makes you think that they wont let jordan go and not give him anything higher than the qualifing offer, which some team is bound to offer more

you tell me how the clippers cant offer both howard and cp3 a contract? even if they both signed for 14 million, 14 x 2=28. 16x2=32

and why exactly would cp3 or dwight, from a pure basketball standpoint, choose to sign with a "superstar" who has only been out the first round once, and a player that can barely play out a entire season without some ridicolous injury(ahhh my eye, oh **** my big toe is swollen, lemme take a week off):injury:

Not that I want to get in a giant argument or anything, but why are you so concerned about the Knicks cap. I feel like whenever I see your user name you are discussing the Knicks cap, are you a disgruntled fan?

Obviously I cant prove anything because I'm not in CP3's head, but it seems like he'd rather play on the Knicks than the Clippers. Again, besides "the toast" I can't back it up, but it seems fairly obvious.

RekeHavoc
11-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Not that I want to get in a giant argument or anything, but why are you so concerned about the Knicks cap. I feel like whenever I see your user name you are discussing the Knicks cap, are you a disgruntled fan?

Obviously I cant prove anything because I'm not in CP3's head, but it seems like he'd rather play on the Knicks than the Clippers. Again, besides "the toast" I can't back it up, but it seems fairly obvious.

im just asking for someone to explain how 34 is less than 20

its just mind-boggling

and im disgusted that he is not only making knicks fans look bad by not being able to do simple math, but hes disgracing my community, im from FLATBUSH, im disgraced by this

RevisIsland
11-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Raps08-09 Champ
11-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Slap in the face to Amare but I like it.

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I really didnt want to get into all of this because half of you are crying like little girls
1this isnt my opinion genious the source is on the first page
2 RekeHavoc how is me stating if your from FLATBUSH our knicks having cap space a disgrace to my community
3 im was born in the bush an im still here im not trying to start nothing but seriously watch your mouth when you talk about my hood
4 RekeHavoc you are a disgrace calliing yourself a new yorker and you are THE BIGGSET KNICK HATER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raps08-09 Champ
11-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I really didnt want to get into all of this because half of you are crying like little girls
2 RekeHavoc how is me stating if your from FLATBUSH our knicks having cap space a disgrace to my community
3 im was born in the bush an im still here im not trying to start nothing but seriously watch your mouth when you talk about my hood
4 RekeHavoc you are a disgrace calliing yourself a new yorker and you are THE BIGGSET KNICK HATER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You actually need to post the link to the source.

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 07:38 PM
and how is it 34 million when they have to resign da jordan and gordan jordan is at the least gonna command 7 million a year and i would think gordan would be about the same and again this isnt my opinion the source saying the knicks will have te most cap is on the first page

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I truthfully only made this thread because i was curious to see if it was was true not to argue wit haters an so called knick fans who throw their own under the bus i definetly dont see how i was baiting people when on this whole thread i am being attacked obviously cuz they all hate the knicks so as for as my SNIDE LOL REMARKS KISS MY ***************************sssssssssssssssssssssss ssss LOL

bmd1101
11-09-2011, 07:46 PM
and how is it 34 million when they have to resign da jordan and gordan jordan is at the least gonna command 7 million a year and i would think gordan would be about the same and again this isnt my opinion the source saying the knicks will have te most cap is on the first page

I shall call you Federal Reserve the 2nd.

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
knicks will not get both players and will not amnesty amare..wishful thinking...but yes the knicks will have the most space and here is a source..

By MARC BERMAN

Knicks owner James Dolan is frustrated the lockout rages on and the club’s season opener tomorrow against the Heat at the Garden has been wiped out. But Dolan, part of the owners’ negotiating committee, is content about one of the agreed-upon aspects of a new collective bargaining agreement: the size of the salary cap will not go down.

More than any team in the NBA, that will benefit Dolan’s big-market Knicks the most, ironically.

According to multiple sources, one of the resolved issues in a new CBA is the 2011 salary cap will remain at the level as it was in 2010 -- $58 million.
“That’s what we’ve been discussing, though the exact dollar amount is not set until the new deal is done,’’ said one league source, who added no new talks have yet been scheduled.

Economic projections from sources say the salary cap will then grow to about $60-$61 million in 2012, when the Knicks will have the largest cap space in the league and have room to woo either Chris Paul, Deron Williams or Dwight Howard, who are slated to become free agents. The Knicks could be at least $20 million under the projected 2012 cap.
Ironically, Dolan has been seated across from Paul, who is the Knicks’ top priority, during many of the labor bargaining sessions because Paul is on the union’s negotiation committee.

According to a players source, Dolan has been the least combative of the owners and often serves as a mediator during contentious moments.

“He’s tried to keep the parties on point,’’ the source said. “He’s trying to make a deal, seeing a positive spin. He’s been, in a word, productive.’’

Early in the negotiations, the owners’ proposals had the cap set back to $45 million, which would have killed former Knicks president Donnie Walsh’s master plan of adding a third superstar to Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony in 2012.

Walsh is a consultant now, but his big defense for gutting the team for Anthony was that the blockbuster trade preserved the Knicks’ 2012 cap flexiblity.

The new CBA (whenever it’s agreed upon) will also clear more cap space for the Knicks in 2012 because of the agreed-upon amnesty clause.

Knicks interim general manager Glen Grunwald is expected to use the clause on Nuggets throw-in Renaldo Balkman, whom he once drafted. Balkman is to make $1.7M in 2012 and is not in Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni’s plans.

When Balkman, a former first-round pick in the Isiah Thomas Era, is sliced, his $1.7M salary won’t count toward the cap under the new provision.

Without Balkman taking up 2012 cap room, the Knicks may have only three players under a guaranteed contract after this season: Anthony ($19.4M ), Stoudemire (19.9), rookie Iman Shumpert (projected $1.4M).
Toney Douglas has a team option for $2.06M and may not be re-signed if Shumpert excels. If the Knicks don’t exercise the Douglas option, they could be at $40.3M entering that summer -- possibly $20-$21M million in cap space.

Yahoo! has reported the NBA and players are talking about bringing federal mediator George Cohen back to talks this week. ... Union president Derek Fisher sent a letter to the players yesterday, denying a report he has a rift with union director Billy Hunter.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1d6NWynGo

smood999
View Public Profile
Send a private message to smood999
Find all posts by smood999
Add smood999 to Your Contacts

#17 Yesterday, 03:56 AM

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 07:50 PM
thank you people good night

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 07:51 PM
props to smood999 for the source

jeter 2
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM
the knicks should get howard. even the heat won't be able to keep up.

RekeHavoc
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM

4.im a new yorker,being a new yorker doesnt mean i have to support all their teams, i only like my Giants. and when the nets come to BK, i may consider being a fan in the future

3. watch my mouth?? *****, in the words of lil wayne: IM A GROWN *** BLOOD! u little internet thug

2.dont refer to them as our knicks, dont degrade me by including me in their fan base

1. if its ur sourse, its ur job to use ur brain to realize that 34 is greater than 20

u make no sense, before i get in trouble on here, lemme just leave you alone, i dont have time for internet thugs, u wanna come at blood, come at me in real life

RekeHavoc
11-09-2011, 08:09 PM

By MARC BERMAN

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1d6NWynGo

smood999
View Public Profile
Send a private message to smood999
Find all posts by smood999
Add smood999 to Your Contacts

#17 Yesterday, 03:56 AM

hey everyone, 21 is higher than 34 :laugh2:

Cal827
11-09-2011, 08:12 PM
No offense, but um can you guys count? If you check Hoopshype (which has the caps of each team for each of the next few years), there are multiple teams with more money. Toronto, New Jersey, Boston, Clippers, and Indiana have more (I think the latter 3 have about 40 mill in cap space).. They still have a ton though... now with the Amnesty or Stretch though, they might be closer to those teams.

RekeHavoc
11-09-2011, 08:15 PM
No offense, but um can you guys count? If you check Hoopshype (which has the caps of each team for each of the next few years), there are multiple teams with more money. Toronto, New Jersey, Boston, Clippers, and Indiana have more (I think the latter 3 have about 40 mill in cap space).. They still have a ton though... now with the Amnesty or Stretch though, they might be closer to those teams.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

if the cap is 60, the knicks will have a lil over 17 million in cap space

if they amnesty douglas or trade him and do the same with balkman, they have aorund 20 million

the clippers flat out, without amnestying anyone, have 36 million in cap space

i guess in the only person in this thread that can do simple math

goNYgoNYgo
11-09-2011, 08:15 PM
You people are being foolish. You can't guarantee that CP3 will want to go to New York. He might just resign. What will you have to do then? That's right spend your 20 mill on scrubs.

ummmm if we don't get cp3 we go after dwight.

if we don't get dwight we go after d will.

if we don't get d will, we get a solid center and build our bench.

why the hell would we spend our money on scrubs?

plus cp3 will not resign, he made that toast so you know he wants to play in ny. don't hate, congratulate.

goNYgoNYgo
11-09-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

if the cap is 60, the knicks will have a lil over 17 million in cap space

if they amnesty douglas or trade him and do the same with balkman, they have aorund 20 million

the clippers flat out, without amnestying anyone, have 36 million in cap space

i guess in the only person in this thread that can do simple math

you need to relax, the article ppl are saying in which they say the knicks will have the most money is false. they will not have the most money.

with that said, the clippers will not get both superstars. cp3 obviously wants to team up, and his eye has been on ny. him and melo are good friends, so ofcourse he would wanna go play with his boy in ny.

dwight will end up in nj or the lakers.

RekeHavoc
11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
you need to relax, the article ppl are saying in which they say the knicks will have the most money is false. they will not have the most money.

with that said, the clippers will not get both superstars. cp3 obviously wants to team up, and his eye has been on ny. him and melo are good friends, so ofcourse he would wanna go play with his boy in ny.

dwight will end up in nj or the lakers.

you can have fun with that, this thread is about the money! the mere fact that this guy is posting false information, and only a few people have said anything about it astounds me

Cal827
11-09-2011, 08:32 PM
you can have fun with that, this thread is about the money! the mere fact that this guy is posting false information, and only a few people have said anything about it astounds me

I thought this was a Bait thread... my bad, I'll go back to the Bears threads.

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 08:56 PM
4.im a new yorker,being a new yorker doesnt mean i have to support all their teams, i only like my Giants. and when the nets come to BK, i may consider being a fan in the future

3. watch my mouth?? *****, in the words of lil wayne: IM A GROWN *** BLOOD! u little internet thug

2.dont refer to them as our knicks, dont degrade me by including me in their fan base

LOL GET IN TROUBLE HOMIE U CAKE

1. if its ur sourse, its ur job to use ur brain to realize that 34 is greater than 20

u make no sense, before i get in trouble on here, lemme just leave you alone, i dont have time for internet thugs, u wanna come at blood, come at me in real life

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Homie ur cake

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM

WOSE THE REAL INTERNET THUG????????????????????????

flatbush knicks
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I started off by saying [b]im not trying to start nothing but obviously ****** here takes it like that and
1why are you quoting lil wayne if ur from ny cake
2 if you really had a problem y not pm me so nobody sees it n so u dont get in trouble cake
3why u trying to scare me with ur gang talk u remind me of my little sister blood lol
/b]

Cal827
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, I'm just gonna say in before lock/ban.

...:dance:

sintaks12
11-10-2011, 08:29 AM
RekeHavoc back to let the world know he hates the Knicks and their fans... so much so as to include a bash, albeit a new bash, in his sig. YAWN. This act is tired. Seriously bro, get over it. Let's just agree that the Knicks will have tons of cap in 2012 and that the person who wrote the original article is incorrect. Can we leave it at that... PLEASE?

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 08:42 AM
RekeHavoc back to let the world know he hates the Knicks and their fans... so much so as to include a bash, albeit a new bash, in his sig. YAWN. This act is tired. Seriously bro, get over it. Let's just agree that the Knicks will have tons of cap in 2012 and that the person who wrote the original article is incorrect. Can we leave it at that... PLEASE?

im more than fine with this

and the fact that knicks fans dont know math

mike_noodles
11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm almost positive there are teams with less commitments in salary for that year.

nycericanguy
11-10-2011, 08:58 AM

o boy, you're back at the knicks cap thing again? :laugh2: Weren't you banned?

why is everything in your posts and profile about the knicks cap space...geesh you're obsessed!:laugh:

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 08:59 AM

care to explain how 34 million is less than 20million?

oh ok then

JobaRules26
11-10-2011, 09:15 AM
I poop too much.

oak2455
11-10-2011, 09:32 AM

why is everything in your posts and profile about the knicks cap space...geesh you're obsessed!:laugh:

Why bother you know where he stands and what he talks about .....just ignore what he says.....it is funny that he is obsessed:facepalm:

Quietmoney
11-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm a die hard knicks fan and I don't care what the cap projections are! We will be contending when the season starts. Whoever comes will only make us that much better, so i'm really not worried about that. I just wish my fellow knick fans would stop making posts in this forum about our knicks. We don't get no love or even a bit optimism. One thing the op said that was true was that... Everyone said we couldn't get under the cap, then they said we wouldn't hey Lebron(which was true), but they also said we didn't have enough pieces to trade with Denver to get Melo. I remember reading post in this forum on how knick fans were crazy to think they could get Melo with the pieces they had. Then it was funny how Melo was top five before he came to the knicks but wasn't even top ten after he arrived. Knick fans have there hopes up on Cp3 because he was the one bold enough to stand up at a celebrity wedding and make a toast to playing on the knicks with Melo while he was still under contract with the nuggets and the owner being present. The Knicks will get someone because believe it or not, it's what the league wants. Nothing in a world of billions of dollars happens by chance. The Knicks are in position to get another max because it was a premeditated plan by the knicks management and David Stern. Do you guys realize what the big three meant to the league last year?? Were taking sell outs in any arena they play in. Even when Boston formed there big three they're ratings were off the hook. They were on TV all the time! The third super star thing sells and that's the bottom line.

Mr Grim
11-10-2011, 09:41 AM

says the guy who has such a hard on for the knicks that his entire sig space is dedicated to bashing them. You couldnt possibly be anymore lame than you already are. Congrats at being "that guy".

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
says the guy who has such a hard on for the knicks that his entire sig space is dedicated to bashing them. You couldnt possibly be anymore lame than you already are. Congrats at being "that guy".
thanks, im one of the few PSD posters with half a brain and knows what the salary cap is

P Styles
11-10-2011, 10:12 AM
thanks, im one of the few PSD posters with half a brain and knows what the salary cap is

There's no reason to insult the entire Knicks fan base just because of one misguided poster's Thread. Grow up, we ALL know that 34 > 20.

Just so you know, not every casual fan has an extensive working knowledge of the salary cap, and each team's cap situation. I am very happy that you understand it, but you're not the only one who does. Ditch the superiority complex and stop insulting ALL Knicks fans.

Thanks.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:15 AM
There's no reason to insult the entire Knicks fan base just because of one misguided poster's Thread. Grow up, we ALL know that 34 > 20.

Just so you know, not every casual fan has an extensive working knowledge of the salary cap, and each team's cap situation. I am very happy that you understand it, but you're not the only one who does. Ditch the superiority complex and stop insulting ALL Knicks fans.

Thanks.

all knicks fans are casual basketball fans imo

P Styles
11-10-2011, 10:20 AM

With the key phrase being "in my opinion". Your opinion is NOT a fact fyi. Not every Knick fan is a casual fan.

Don't make generalizations about people, its childish. You seem to be a knowledgable poster, so don't spend all your time spewing hate at the Knicks and their fans. It isn't necessary.

Prove the OP wrong, and move along. No reason to insult others (myself included) who actually KNOW that the Knicks won't have the most cap space.

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Baiting. Nice :clap:

I disagree with you on this but hey its your opinion.

Another stupid and incorrect assumption on Knick fans.
It's amazing how much us Knick fans bother you this much.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
With the key phrase being "in my opinion". Your opinion is NOT a fact fyi. Not every Knick fan is a casual fan.

Don't make generalizations about people, its childish. You seem to be a knowledgable poster, so don't spend all your time spewing hate at the Knicks and their fans. It isn't necessary.

Prove the OP wrong, and move along. No reason to insult others (myself included) who actually KNOW that the Knicks won't have the most cap space.

All hail the hardcore knicks fan, established Febuary 21st 2011:clap:

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Baiting. Nice :clap:

I disagree with you on this but hey its your opinion.

Another stupid and incorrect assumption on Knick fans.
It's amazing how much us Knick fans bother you this much.

all casual fans disturb me, not just knicks fans

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
all casual fans disturb me, not just knicks fans

Categorizing an entire fan base as Casual fans is beyond unreasonable buts its an untrue opinion so whatever.

Reading all of your post you'd never guess there were more fan bases you disliked.

P Styles
11-10-2011, 10:30 AM
All hail the hardcore knicks fan, established Febuary 21st 2011:clap:

LOL. Ok, I'll play along.

What's your team? Because by your logic, it would be fair to assume that you only just became a fan Oct. 2011. (that's your join date after all).

Come on man, you're acting ridiculous. You proved OP wrong, stop insulting everyone now.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Categorizing an entire fan base as Casual fans is beyond unreasonable buts its an untrue opinion so whatever.

Reading all of your post you'd never guess there were more fan bases you disliked.
thats because all fans these days are bandwagon fans, go find me 10 posters who posts often whose team isnt the heat,lakers,mavs,celtics,bulls,nets,thunder,knicks ,etc

knicks fans are the ones that stick out the most because atleast fans of these other teams tend to stick in their own teams forums when writing complete BS, and making magical deals and signings and assumptions that completely ignore the salary cap

knicks fans come to the NBA forum with their crap

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:32 AM
LOL. Ok, I'll play along.

What's your team? Because by your logic, it would be fair to assume that you only just became a fan Oct. 2011. (that's your join date after all).

Come on man, you're acting ridiculous. You proved OP wrong, stop insulting everyone now.
that makes 0 sense, im reffering to the day the melo deal was completed

P Styles
11-10-2011, 10:34 AM
that makes 0 sense, im reffering to the day the melo deal was completed

OK so how does your comment make sense again?

And what is your team? I will refer to the latest high profile acquisition that your team made and assume you became a fan that day.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
OK so how does your comment make sense again?

And what is your team? I will refer to the latest high profile acquisition that your team made and assume you became a fan that day.

check my sig, i guess u think im a fan because of boozer :rolleyes:

i was a fan since rose was drafted

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:41 AM
thats because all fans these days are bandwagon fans, go find me 10 posters who posts often whose team isnt the heat,lakers,mavs,celtics,bulls,nets,thunder,knicks ,etc

knicks fans are the ones that stick out the most because atleast fans of these other teams tend to stick in their own teams forums when writing complete BS, and making magical deals and signings and assumptions that completely ignore the salary cap

knicks fans come to the NBA forum with their crap

That's your reason? Talk about sad.

Just because big market teams have large fan bases doesn't make everyone a casual fan. MSG was selling out the arena when we were winning 23 games and had Marbury/Jamal/Q/Zach/Eddy as our starting 5. At least get your facts straight because you are seriously out of your mind spewing the nonsense I've read.

And the NBA forum as a whole is crap. It's not just because some Knick fans are uneducated on CAP, salary and the other 29 teams news.

If anyone is sticking out on anything its you but I digress.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
That's your reason? Talk about sad.

Just because big market teams have large fan bases doesn't make everyone a casual fan. MSG was selling out the arena when we were winning 23 games and had Marbury/Jamal/Q/Zach/Eddy as our starting 5. At least get your facts straight because you are seriously out of your mind spewing the nonsense I've read.

And the NBA forum as a whole is crap. It's not just because some Knick fans are uneducated on CAP, salary and the other 29 teams news.

If anyone is sticking out on anything its you but I digress.

i wld have loved to see how many knicks fans were on this site when they were winning 23 games. and now everyone is coming out, talking complete bs, i mean, look at my damn sig!

get my facts straight? when did i start talking about big market teams? is OKC a big market:facepalm:

im talking about how these bandwagon fans come out as soon as a team signs a star

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
i wld have loved to see how many knicks fans were on this site when they were winning 23 games. and now everyone is coming out, talking complete bs, i mean, look at my damn sig!

get my facts straight? when did i start talking about big market teams? is OKC a big market:facepalm:

im talking about how these bandwagon fans come out as soon as a team signs a star

You signed here in October 2011. Been here since 08. I can easily vouch for the Knick posters here are hardcore fans and loyal long before Amar'e and Melo was even a thought. That;'s why I said gets your facts straight. You come here recently and assume on everything disregarding all that happened before you found this site....

And every team has bandwagon fans regardless of markets. I know many Brandon Jennings fans after his career game vs. Golden State. I know a ton of Blake Griffen fans who are now rooting for the clippers, etc
This doesn't just extend to big market fans. There is not 1 fan base that was loyal from the start and never got bandwagon fans after a deal. That's impossible.

But....I digress.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
11-10-2011, 10:57 AM

You're completely correct in saying that bandwagon fans come out after a big acquisition (or in some cases, one big season). But honestly, at least in the Knicks forum, most of the everyday regular posters were there through the bad times. I myself have never seen a solid season until this year in my time being a fan. Just because fans have optimism going forward (especially after the hell we all went through) doesn't make them bandwagon fans. I mean, yes, some definitely came out the woodwork. I would be lying if I said its just as easy to buy a ticket to MSG now as it was prior to February 21. But the fact is, as someone said, MSG was ranking near the top of the league in attendance when we sucked.

.....and its kinda hypocritical for you to sit there and quesiton someone's fanhood when in your sig you list two NBA teams and two MLB(or NFL, can't tell which Giants your referring to) teams. Only thing worse then a bandwagon fan is someone who likes multiple teams :)

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
You're completely correct in saying that bandwagon fans come out after a big acquisition (or in some cases, one big season). But honestly, at least in the Knicks forum, most of the everyday regular posters were there through the bad times. I myself have never seen a solid season until this year in my time being a fan. Just because fans have optimism going forward (especially after the hell we all went through) doesn't make them bandwagon fans. I mean, yes, some definitely came out the woodwork. I would be lying if I said its just as easy to buy a ticket to MSG now as it was prior to February 21. But the fact is, as someone said, MSG was ranking near the top of the league in attendance when we sucked.

.....and its kinda hypocritical for you to sit there and quesiton someone's fanhood when in your sig you list two NBA teams and two MLB(or NFL, can't tell which Giants your referring to) teams. Only thing worse then a bandwagon fan is someone who likes multiple teams :)

i guess there is something wrong with having 2 basketball teams, 2 football teams and 1 baseball team, who knew?

i guess im supposed to only like 1 team, and it has to be the team in my state:facepalm:

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
in order of things i hate:

1.casual fans

2. Bandwagon fans

3.cocky fans

P Styles
11-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Someone explain how to be a "hardcore" fan (ie not a casual, or bandwagon fan) of two teams??

What if the teams play each other? Which do you root for? A tie score?

Assuming you root for the Bulls to beat the Nuggets, wouldn't that make you less of a hardcore Nuggets fan, and more of a ..... wait for it.......... CASUAL Nuggets fan?

Can't have it both ways mate.

RekeHavoc
11-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Someone explain how to be a "hardcore" fan (ie not a casual, or bandwagon fan) of two teams??

What if the teams play each other? Which do you root for? A tie score?

Assuming you root for the Bulls to beat the Nuggets, wouldn't that make you less of a hardcore Nuggets fan, and more of a ..... wait for it.......... CASUAL Nuggets fan?

Can't have it both ways mate.

ive been a nuggets fan since my fav player kenyon martin went there in 04-05

when my bulls play my nuggets, i root for whoever needs the win in the standings

i dont see how being a nuggets and bulls fan makes me less hardcore,really doesnt make much sense to me

hard core fans know what the cap is, watch atleast 90% of their teams games, kno each player on the roster, can name the gm without checking google, know how many picks their team has, can evaluate talent

casual fans jsut think you can trade cash and picks for players, dont know the basic simple rules of exceptions, dont understand trade exceptions, dont know which players in the league have no trade clauses, and assume that any team can sign anyone

anyway, u can continue beating your dead horse if u like, there are more interesting threads for me to attend to in the nfl nd nba forum atm, so ill cya in another thread i guess

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
11-10-2011, 11:23 AM
i guess there is something wrong with having 2 basketball teams, 2 football teams and 1 baseball team, who knew?

i guess im supposed to only like 1 team, and it has to be the team in my state:facepalm:

Never said they had two be in the same state, stop adding to my argument. And yes, it is true that true die hard fans only like one team, at least in my opinion. Unless your mormon, you can have one wife and one team.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
11-10-2011, 11:25 AM

when my bulls play my nuggets, i root for whoever needs the win in the standings

i dont see how being a nuggets and bulls fan makes me less hardcore,really doesnt make much sense to me

hard core fans know what the cap is, watch atleast 90% of their teams games, kno each player on the roster, can name the gm without checking google, know how many picks their team has, can evaluate talent

casual fans jsut think you can trade cash and picks for players, dont know the basic simple rules of exceptions, dont understand trade exceptions, dont know which players in the league have no trade clauses, and assume that any team can sign anyone

anyway, u can continue beating your dead horse if u like, there are more interesting threads for me to attend to in the nfl nd nba forum atm, so ill cya in another thread i guess

So you say you liked the Nuggets after they got Kenyon Martin, and I believe you said you liked the Bulls after they acquired Derrick Rose. So what teams did you like before that, if any?

GeekInThePink
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM

Then why are you considered a hardcore fan? Based on your posts today your basketball I.Q is likened to a toddler.

NYKnicks4511
11-10-2011, 01:56 PM

You're ********.

First off: Why the heck would Dwight Howard or Chris Paul take a pay cut to play in the smaller Los Angeles market?

New York is a bigger market than LA. When I say this I'm talking Knicks vs. Lakers. Compare Knicks/Lakers fan bases with the Clippers. The fan bases and the marketability of the teams vary greatly.

Understand what a luxury tax is, look up the 04-05 Knicks, and then re-evalutate your argument based upon bird rights. Best believe that Griffin is going to opt out before '13 to get more money -- how are the Clippers going to pay him without going over the luxury tax. Same goes for Bledsoe, and Aminu. Understand that owners don't want to pay this tax. From a fan's perspective you can spend all the money you want on your team but at the end of the day, the NBA is a BUSINESS.

From a "pure basketball standpoint" as you put it - you have downs if you believe that superstars want to play with Blake Griffin (the guy who missed his entire rookie year because of a serious injury - remember?) over Stoudemire who is a proven commodity in the NBA. Griffin has had 1 good year so far, let's see him replicate it, nobody is doubting how good he is but your argument contradicts itself. (Also just FYI, Amar'e had the detached retina which is a serious injury, and had microfracture knee surgery. These aren't ***** injuries, get your facts right).

34 million is greater than 20 million, I'm glad that you know that -- nobody ever said that it wasn't.

Understand this as well, you better believe that their respective teams are going to try and trade them rather than let them walk away. They will get moved (if at all) in a trade.

You can use smilie faces in your posts as much as you want, at the end of the day your argument has no backbone. Keep hating on the Knicks, cheers.

knicks=love
11-10-2011, 02:33 PM

sources? hello? and periods were invented for a reason. USE THEM. i also stopped reading after the first, what i thought, "sentence" because it's too long. most PSD readers don't want to read something that's clumped up. space it out, and use punctuation. seriously..

. < use those things once in a while

:hi5:

i think you should take dolan's spot. dolan is a flat out moron, and would never be able to realize this. watch us strike out on both because of how idiotic the guy is. :facepalm:

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned :laugh2:

nycericanguy
11-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Banned :laugh2:

he was banned last week too for racism and baiting in a 2012 ny cap space thread he made... his whole life revolves around the knicks cap space in 2012... :facepalm:

sf-fanatic
11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
to the people that say amnesty amare and resign him. didnt the amnesty clause say you cant resign the player that was cut?

29$JerZ
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
to the people that say amnesty amare and resign him. didnt the amnesty clause say you cant resign the player that was cut?

Those who don't understand the rules assume incorrect stuff like that.
The only way NY amnesty clauses Amar'e is if he gets a serious injury.

KnickNyKnick
11-10-2011, 04:57 PM
hmm after reading through the posts here i cant remember what this thread was about? am i still in the knicks most cap forums? lol.

Knicks will be in the best position after this season (if there is one)

Weather its spent on a max or solid role players. They will be beast of the east along side Miami/Chi. I see boston rebuilding soon. But they still are contenders for the finals IMO atleast this one last year.

mkdo
11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
i don't understand why everybody here wants to get rid of stat for dwight.

i know that he's a beast inside, but his body can only take so much hits from every game. what happens when he gets a serious injury?

well amare did modify his game after the injuries. with his present style of play and having a reliable big to guard those centers, i think he would be a safer bet than dwight. i like dwight's game but who knows when a spurs member will hip bump him or when a kg-reincarnation would a dirty trick on him?

like other knicks fans i'd like dwight to play for us but no, not at the expense of amare!

Bishnoff
11-10-2011, 06:06 PM
OP needs to learn punctuation.

IndiansFan337
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't think that's true since Amare and Melo are both on the books for the max NBA salary in that year.

Afridi786
11-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Lebrons coming too.

flatbush knicks
11-11-2011, 02:06 AM
sources? hello? and periods were invented for a reason. USE THEM. i also stopped reading after the first, what i thought, "sentence" because it's too long. most PSD readers don't want to read something that's clumped up. space it out, and use punctuation. seriously..

wat r u my 6th grade english teacher

Gideon
11-11-2011, 02:51 AM

wat r u my 6th grade english teacher

I'm pretty sure punctuation is taught in elementary school. Unless you are saying you are in 6th grade. In which case, that explains the whole basis of this thread. I'm a die hard Knicks fan and opening threads like this in the NBA forum is part of the reason PSD posters have such a problem with Knicks fans.