PDA

View Full Version : owners who want to play, & owners that dont.

Lord Leoshes
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Can some of the more enlightened of you guys make a list of which owners want to play, & which don't?

I could be wrong but i'll give my shot at it.

Play :clap:
MIA
NYN
LAL
DAL
NJN
POR (edited)
ORL (edited)

Don't :mad:
ATL
CLV
MIL
MIN
IND
WAS
NO
SAC
SA
UTA
CHI (edited)
PHO (edited)
LAC (edited)
MEN (edited) And after the great year they had, & with out Gay. :rolleyes:

Don't know :confused:
TOR
PHI
BOS
GS
HOU
OKL

kozelkid
11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I think Reinsdorf (Bulls owner), will have no problem not playing. Of course, Chicago has been one of the most efficiently run franchises the past decade and have made the most each season, but Reinsdorf is also a very conservative businessman who will do his best to make sure the owners win this.

I also think you're wrong about Orlando and Portland considering they are two of the richest owners. Especially Orlando where their owner just wants to win before he dies.

Phoenix, LAC and Memphis are definitely willing to wait. All 3 are incredibly cheap.

Cal827
11-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Can some of the more enlightened of you guys make a list of which owners want to play, & which don't?

I could be wrong but i'll give my shot at it.

Play :clap:
MIA
NYN
LAL
DAL
NJN
CHI ? not sure

Don't :mad:
ATL
POR
CLV
MIL
MIN
IND
WAS
ORL
NO
SAC
SA
UTA

Don't know :confused:
TOR
PHI
BOS
GS
LAC
PHO
HOU
MEM
OKL

Dallas I'm not so sure... wasn't Cuban complaining about losing money even though he won it all?

Toronto is likely Play as well as Golden State. Clippers might be b/c they have tons of cap space to make a splash (if they can get someone to go there like Howard) and they already have a high potential roster as well as a likely future top 10 player in Griffin).
Boston could be too, but I think their owner recently complained about the salaries.

Phoenix is no. Him and Gilbert are the really mad small-market owners.

Wilson
11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Billy Hunter was on Bill Simmons' podcast recently and he said a lot of the smaller market teams are the ones holding out at the moment. That's not surprising though because he also said the idea of scrapping the salary cap has been floated around.

However, when David Stern said on an earlier podcast that many of the richer owners, including those of the Lakers and Knicks, were in favour or revenue sharing. So who knows what's going on? :shrug:

ChiSoxJuan
11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Chicago is definitely in the play group but they are not going to step on MJ's shoes to get there. JR has to much respect for the Legend. My guess is JR is one of the reasons Stern was even able to get the hardliners to 49-51. There is still hope I think on the owners side. JR has some time to try to talk MJ down on some of the MLE & S&T restictions.

Right now it's no S&T & no MLE for taxed, & a mini MLE of $5M/2 yr for taxed ev other yr.
I think there is some room for compromise there.

ManRam
11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't think any owner doesn't want to play...I think there are just things that they want and feel they need. No one, on either side, legitimately wants to not play...

You do get why all the big market teams "want" to play, and the small ones "don't"...it's because there are major problems with the sysstem...

If you made this silly list for the players, it would be a lot more lopsided towards "not wanting to play".

LA_Raiders
11-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Owners want to play. lazy greedy players dont...

Lord Leoshes
11-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Out of 30 owners, more then 15 (majority vote) are against playing unless the player obey to their demands. That's why we are not watching the NBA right now.
I am just trying to find out who are the hard line owners, & who are not.

So can someone fix my list so it could be accurate.

Lord Leoshes
11-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Owners want to play. lazy greedy players dont...

Is that your definition of an owners lockout? :drool:

Can you please tell me one ( legitimate benefit) that the owners have given the players that they did not already have ?