PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler... New CBA Might Not Allow Me To Be A Maverick

Dade County
11-05-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20111104-tyson-chandler-nba-deal-might-not-allow-me-to-remain-a-dallas-maverick.ece

Free agent Mavericks center Tyson Chandler fears that the new NBA collective bargaining agreement could limit Dallas from re-signing him.
"With the collective bargaining agreement and some of the things that they're trying to enforce, it would basically prohibit me from coming back," Chandler told KESN-FM FM in Dallas. "It would take it out of my hands -- and the organization's -- because it would almost be pretty much impossible for me to re-sign. I just think that can be the worst thing that can happen."

"For years, the Lakers have been able to win championships and re-sign their players and keep them there so they can go out for another title," Chandler said. "Now, to put that deal in place after we win ours, I don't like it one bit."
In a propose labor deal, there would be a more punitive luxury tax for teams who spend over the salary cap. The Mavericks have traditionally spent more than the salary cap. They were hit for a luxury tax reportedly around $20 million this past season.

The NBA's owners and players are preparing to climb into the ring once again in their ongoing labor fight, and the latest round is shaping up as the most divisive yet.

The players are fighting. The owners are fighting. And that's just among themselves. Just wait until they return to the bargaining table on Saturday with threats of union decertification and eroding offers from the owners poisoning what already was a toxic atmosphere.
The first month of the NBA season, originally scheduled to tip off Tuesday, already has been canceled, with more games on the chopping block if an agreement is not reached soon.

"I'm very hopeful, but I've been hopeful for a while," Chandler said. "I definitely want to play basketball again. It's what I do, it's what I enjoy, it's what I love. It's what I'm passionate about. Not being able to play is tough on everybody."

.................. ................... ................... ...............

This proves that players are still clueless about the lack of competitive teams around the league.

I hope small market fans jump all over him (Don't be f'in hypocrites small markets fans, or is your HATE only just for HEAT/ L.A/ Lbj)

Small Markets Owners can't compete with the way that Dallas/ L.A/ NY spends their money. Their Owner's don't care about paying way into the luxury tax,

Should Chandler sacrifice a big pay day, or take a lot less to resign with his team (Just like how Lbj, Wade, & Bosh took a lot less when they were free agents)? :silly:

Hypocrite Power is about to unite fellow PSD posters, watch this ****... smh

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:30 PM
funny thing is under the new rules it is possible that he would be allowed to sign with Miami for the MLE... but not Dallas. LOL!

PhillyFaninLA
11-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Tyson you are an idiot. You have the option to sign a contract with the team for less money. You can only make a decent fortune instead of a big fortune per year.

Now I really do not like this guy. This is a ridiculous statement.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:39 PM
NO. In reality.. the rules could result in him only being able to be offered the vet min.

(with tweaks in bird rights and mle rules for lux tax teams)

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 06:41 PM
That will suck if that happens but if the small market owners have their way then its a wrap. Also the notion that these small market owners "can't" spend like the other teams is not all true. There's a big difference between "can't" and "don't want to." These guys are multi billionaires, if they wanted to spend the money to field a decent team they could but you have guys like Donald Sterling who figure hey the fans are still paying to come see it anyway so why go into my pocket?

PhillyFaninLA
11-05-2011, 06:42 PM
NO. In reality.. the rules could result in him only being able to be offered the vet min.

(with tweaks in bird rights and mle rules for lux tax teams)

Yes not no and you stated why. If they have a MLE or Vet Minimum he CAN SIGN FOR THAT. He is saying I may only be able to make $3 million a season instead of $7 million and stay with Dallas, using your example and that is why you saying no and bringing up the vet minimum does not make sense....Boo Friggin Hoo

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I agree... you have to spend money to make money... always holds true.

Pump money into the team... people show more interest...you make more money.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Yes not no and you stated why. If they have a MLE or Vet Minimum he CAN SIGN FOR THAT. He is saying I may only be able to make $3 million a season instead of $7 million and stay with Dallas, using your example and that is why you saying no and bringing up the vet minimum does not make sense....Boo Friggin Hoo

huh? Not at all.

His choices may very well be:

a) play for Dallas for less than a million
b) play for a different team for more money

he has a valid argument...

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 06:45 PM

They want to take away the MLE, bird rights, and vet min for teams over the cap so he would literally be SOL....

PhillyFaninLA
11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
huh? Not at all.

Its yes not no again you state it in option A he has a choice you keep saying he has no choice but to leave but here is how he can stay.

MLE or Vet minimum you brought up 2 times after saying he cannot stay. YES HE CAN BUT FOR LESS AS YOU.....YOU STATE right after you say it cannot be done.

PhillyFaninLA
11-05-2011, 06:47 PM
They want to take away the MLE, bird rights, and vet min for teams over the cap so he would literally be SOL....

If they take it all away as you are stating then you are correct but the person I was quoting said he could still sign for the Vet Minimum that is what I was responding to. In that example it would be very possible in yours he would be SOL.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I am telling you that the MLE may not be an option...

Chandler is referencing the fact that teams have used bird rights to sign their guys at market value in the past.

with the change of rules... Chandler could be left having to sign for the vet min (a tenth of his market value) just to defend his title.

What about that are you failing to understand?

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:49 PM
If they take it all away as you are stating then you are correct but the person I was quoting said he could still sign for the Vet Minimum that is what I was responding to. In that example it would be very possible in yours he would be SOL.

Telling a guy that is worth 8-10 mil a year that his only option to defend his title is to sign for a 10th of that IS **** outta luck. That is not even a choice...

PhillyFaninLA
11-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I am telling you that the MLE may not be an option...

Chandler is referencing the fact that teams have used bird rights to sign their guys at market value in the past.

with the change of rules... Chandler could be left having to sign for the vet min (a tenth of his market value) just to defend his title.

What about that are you failing to understand?

You said he could sign for the Vet minimum and you said he could sign for under a million dollars and YOU SAID SIGNING WOULD BE NO OPTION.

What I understand is you contradict your self. You say it can't be done then 3 words later say how it can be done.

If I say it is impossible for me to walk so I am going to stand up and walk into the other room I am saying what you are saying. You are saying something is impossible then stating immediately afterwards how it is possible.

I am taking nothing from outside of your posts you just refuse to admit it. You are not worth wasting any more energy because I've clearly stated myself a third time now.

PhillyFaninLA
11-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Telling a guy that is worth 8-10 mil a year that his only option to defend his title is to sign for a 10th of that IS **** outta luck. That is not even a choice...

DEFINITION OF A CHOICE YOU CAN DO A OR NOT DO IT THAT IS WHAT A CHOICE IS.

You keep doing the same thing. Pathetic.

It is an option go to dictionary.com and look up what and option or choice is because there is no way in heck you know what those words mean.

I'm done responding to you, you are such a waste because you have done the same thing 4 TIMES NOW.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
You said he could sign for the Vet minimum and you said he could sign for under a million dollars and YOU SAID SIGNING WOULD BE NO OPTION.

What I understand is you contradict your self. You say it can't be done then 3 words later say how it can be done.

If I say it is impossible for me to walk so I am going to stand up and walk into the other room I am saying what you are saying. You are saying something is impossible then stating immediately afterwards how it is possible.

I am taking nothing from outside of your posts you just refuse to admit it. You are not worth wasting any more energy because I've clearly stated myself a third time now.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Signing for the vet min is not a REALISTIC OPTION... how are you seriously confused by this?

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Seriously. If I give you two "options": you can pay me 10 dollars or I can cut off your leg... is that really a choice? Is there even a chance you pick the second one?

You are being an *** right now... and I have no ****ing clue why

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Either way it goes coming off last seasons performance this would be his last big payday and it would be reasonable for him to get the best deal he can get, especially with all these new restrictions they're trying to impose. He'd be a fool to sell himself short so regardless of the specifics if the owners get what they want it would effectively end his stint in Dallas..... and that sucks.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Come to Toronto to play with Dirk 2.0.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Come to Toronto to play with Dirk 0.2

fixed

Bruno
11-05-2011, 07:09 PM
1. Has he forgotten who he plays for?
2. Na, it just means you'd be paid a fraction of your current deal in order to return.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 07:13 PM
being paid a 10th of your value isn't a legitimate option...

If you are getting paid 100k to work for the best firm in the world... and suddenly you need to reduce your salary by 90% to 10k to stay with them... is that really a realistic option?

jim51990
11-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Let me rationalize this for people who don't seem to get it example you work for microsoft making 1 million a year now you can only make 100,000 a year because of a rule they can't pay you anymore but apple will pay you 1million a year for the same job. 99.9 you go to apple thus it's not a legitimate option to stay at microsoft (the mavs)

Hangtime
11-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Chandler will obviously do what's best financially for him and his family at the end of the day whatever the new rule allows him to do unless defending the title is most important regardless of what Cuban can pay him and he stays for that reason.

He will get whatever the market value is for his services which likely means he will be in a different uniform if this new CBA holds. The reality is getting financial security first and foremost.

kjoke
11-05-2011, 07:55 PM

:laugh: wtf is this?

You can't be serious. Stop being a douchebag and understand that tyson has the option of signing for the min, but do so is pretty impossible.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 08:01 PM
being paid a 10th of your value isn't a legitimate option...

If you are getting paid 100k to work for the best firm in the world... and suddenly you need to reduce your salary by 90% to 10k to stay with them... is that really a realistic option?

This scenario isn't even comparable because 10k a year isn't enough to live of off, but 1 mil is...

BuddhaMONK
11-05-2011, 08:08 PM
there's no point for chandler to resign there noway in hell dallas wins it again next year..

daleja424
11-05-2011, 08:11 PM
This scenario isn't even comparable because 10k a year isn't enough to live of off, but 1 mil is...

It is all relative...

(and there are billions of people in the world that make less than 10k)

If you insist on being a jerk... then change the numbers to 100k and a million... is there really any scenario that you turn down a million bucks to earn 100k... really?

Sactown
11-05-2011, 08:20 PM
It is all relative...

(and there are billions of people in the world that make less than 10k)

If you insist on being a jerk... then change the numbers to 100k and a million... is there really any scenario that you turn down a million bucks to earn 100k... really?

Yes there are a bunch of people making 10k, but they're not playing in the NBA now are they? and changing the numbers still isn't comparable.. he has the choice to either make less and get another ring and the fame that fallows, or he can make more money and not get the chance of another shot at a ring..

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Sorry Tyson but it's pre-ordained. Howard becomes a Bull & you sign with the Knicks. According to the Heat fans the NBA exists for 10 superteams of 2-3 stars each & 20 development teams that are good to scrimage against & watch future stars grow. Consider their departures the annual NBA harvest. Don't worry Mavs fans you're part of the super 10. But you've won a championship now so you need to at least face a challenge for next yr.

CeeDub15
11-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Come to Minnesota. We would welcome you with open arms... :D

RaiderLakersA's
11-05-2011, 08:36 PM
So what, Dallas isn't going to be the only team affected by the new CBA. If it will help create some notion of competitive balance to the league, I'm all for it. And yes, I know this isn't about competitive balance as much as it's about the bottom line, but the NBA needs to do something and soon.

Dade County
11-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Sorry Tyson but it's pre-ordained. Howard becomes a Bull & you sign with the Knicks. According to the Heat fans the NBA exists for 10 superteams of 2-3 stars each & 20 development teams that are good to scrimage against & watch future stars grow. Consider their departures the annual NBA harvest. Don't worry Mavs fans you're part of the super 10. But you've won a championship now so you need to at least face a challenge for next yr.

Sorry...... Stren already give you guys a gift ( D rose) and you are not apart of the super team club:cool:

Their will be no Howard for you, it's already been decided.

Come to Minnesota. We would welcome you with open arms... :D

And this is what the league is fighting for :clap: lol

Sactown
11-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Sorry...... Stren already give you guys a gift ( D rose) and you are not apart of the super team club:cool:

Their will be no Howard for you, it's already been decided.

He's coming to the kings :cool:

Wade>You
11-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Sorry Tyson but it's pre-ordained. Howard becomes a Bull & you sign with the Knicks. According to the Heat fans the NBA exists for 10 superteams of 2-3 stars each & 20 development teams that are good to scrimage against & watch future stars grow. Consider their departures the annual NBA harvest. Don't worry Mavs fans you're part of the super 10. But you've won a championship now so you need to at least face a challenge for next yr.Please explain how 30 teams can win or even compete in the NBA?

14 teams are bound to miss the playoffs

14 teams are bound to be eliminated before the Finals

1 team will win the Finals, the other will lose.

So 1 team will win out against 29 other teams.

Or do you propose they do it like in little league and hand a trophy out to every team that participates?

F-ing cry baby.

CeeDub15
11-05-2011, 08:53 PM

Yeah, thankfully. I see him signing with a diff big market team if he can't stay in Dallas though lol.

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Ok, now you fell off your rocker. The Bulls are absolutely part of the super 10. They are one of the most profitable teams in the NBA. They own 2 3-peats in 1 decade. It would have been an 8-peat but the greatest baller ever got an itch to try MLB. The Bulls owner said, MJ you're the King so I'll make it happen. That era is unbelievable in this decade. The greatest player the game has ever seen walks away from an 8-million figure to accept less than $450K to try ml baseball. You talk about a role model against greed, there it is.

If that's not enough to convince you how about the # of sellouts after MJ retired & the Bulls became cellar dwellars? Do you think the Heat would do that if Wade demanded a trade to the Bulls? Hell no. That place would become a great source of echoes which would ring loud with Heat fans booing Lebron.

There is no doubt about it. The Bulls are part of the super 10 & they deserve to be the headliners of the super 10. Most of all they deserve Wade. I figure after Howard-Rose pummels the Heat 3 yrs in row in EC playoffs, Wade will want out.

Dade County
11-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Ok, now you fell off your rocker. The Bulls are absolutely part of the super 10. They are one of the most profitable teams in the NBA. They own 2 3-peats in 1 decade. It would have been an 8-peat but the greatest baller ever got an itch to try MLB. The Bulls owner said, MJ you're the King so I'll make it happen. That era is unbelievable in this decade. The greatest player the game has ever seen walks away from an 8-million figure to accept less than $450K to try ml baseball. You talk about a role model against greed, there it is.

If that's not enough to convince you how about the # of sellouts after MJ retired & the Bulls became cellar dwellars? Do you think the Heat would do that if Wade demanded a trade to the Bulls? Hell no. That place would become a great source of echoes which would ring loud with Heat fans booing Lebron.

There is no doubt about it. The Bulls are part of the super 10 & they deserve to be the headliners of the super 10. Most of all they deserve Wade. I figure after Howard-Rose pummels the Heat 3 yrs in row in EC playoffs, Wade will want out.

Ok... I didn't read the entire post... but just to let you know, I was joking, their is no super team club :facepalm:

You are to funny.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Please explain how 30 teams can win or even compete in the NBA?

14 teams are bound to miss the playoffs

14 teams are bound to be eliminated before the Finals

1 team will win the Finals, the other will lose.

So 1 team will win out against 29 other teams.

Or do you propose they do it like in little league and hand a trophy out to every team that participates?

F-ing cry baby.

This is such simple logic but it probably will still not be comprehended. Add to that the fact of legitimate superstars being pretty hard to comeby and it seems easy to understand that there will never be a league full of contenders.

But you let some of these guys that are drinking the koolaid tell it the owners have a magical fix that will somehow have every team in the league playing at championship level come playoff time....

NBA_Starter
11-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Come on to Miami :clap:

3XDouble
11-05-2011, 09:14 PM
That will suck if that happens but if the small market owners have their way then its a wrap. Also the notion that these small market owners "can't" spend like the other teams is not all true. There's a big difference between "can't" and "don't want to." These guys are multi billionaires, if they wanted to spend the money to field a decent team they could but you have guys like Donald Sterling who figure hey the fans are still paying to come see it anyway so why go into my pocket?

Are you really saying that you expect someone to put up hundreds of millions to own a team and then expect to lose 30 or 40 million a year. Of course, that capital could have been used to generate income so there is a substantial opportunity cost. In the scenario you suggest, the difference in doing something smart and investing in an NBA team is 60 - 80M per year.

Yep, these misearable SOBs who are not willing to compromise a billion dollars in net worth over the course of 12-15 years are really bad people. Is it not perfectly reasonable that we expect of them to take an absolute shellacking financially so that our favorite small market team can spend like the Lakers and Mavs. :facepalm:

Dade County
11-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Yep, these misearable SOBs who are not willing to compromise a billion dollars in net worth over the course of 12-15 years are really bad people. Is it not perfectly reasonable that we expect of them to take an absolute shellacking financially so that our favorite small market team can spend like the Lakers and Mavs. :facepalm:

(In my singing voice)

Down with the lakers, down with the Mav's, no more teams over the luxury tax!! :laugh:

Come on to Miami :clap:

That would be to much... talk about the best "D" in the league.

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Ok... I didn't read the entire post... but just to let you know, I was joking, their is no super team club :facepalm:
You are to funny.

You don't know Tony Starks. He says there is & it's perfectly fine. There's a 30 team league, 10 of which are capable of contending. The other 20 are used to scrimage against in what is called the 82 gm regular season. In between there are real meaningful games between the super 10.

He fails to understand that this is not about 10 of the 20 scrimage teams having a chance to win a championship. They need all the luck in the world for that to happen. This is about getting them enough talent to at least present a challenge to the super 10 in the scrimages. They might even pull an occasional upset. With a little luck they might even be able to get past 35 wins mostly against other scrimage teams.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Are you really saying that you expect someone to put up hundreds of millions to own a team and then expect to lose 30 or 40 million a year. Of course, that capital could have been used to generate income so there is a substantial opportunity cost. In the scenario you suggest, the difference in doing something smart and investing in an NBA team is 60 - 80M per year.

Once again you've missed the point but it appears thats a pattern for you. I used a pretty simple illustration. Donald Sterling. Loyal fan base that attends games no matter what. Profits yearly regardless of what he puts on the floor. Spends the minimal amount. Winnning not that important. The last time he legitimately spent money and had a team with Cassell, Brand, Maggette, Miles, Q Rich... etc, they actually made a playoff run and went to the second round.

He can spend money, compete, and profit, but he won't. What about that is hard to understand?

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 09:27 PM
While were at it let's blame the NCAA. What are they doing? How many stars have come into the league since Rose? That's the real reason why 10 NBA teams might be challenged by the best in the NCAA.

Sadds The Gr8
11-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Come to Toronto to play with Dirk 2.0.

this

ackar
11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I still think its laughable that NBA snows people to believe the small market teams none sense. Small market teams are owned by billionaires billionaires......

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 09:45 PM
I still think its laughable that NBA snows people to believe the small market teams none sense. Small market teams are owned by billionaires billionaires......

Don't say that too loud man. The small market teams are owned by lowly men and the NBA has been doing so incredibly poorly the last few years that these guys are reduced to limiting their amounts of private jets and personal chefs......

Bulls_fan90
11-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Tyson Chandler has become one of the most overrated players in the NBA. Haywood 2.0

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 09:59 PM
What does a billionaire owner have to do with winning? If he can't sign FA's because his team sucks & his market sucks, what can his $ buy him? Why should he spend on gambles with the bottom rung of FA's that really have no where else to go? That's why his team is in dire straits to begin with. Start by giving him compensation picks when he loses his own to FA. You can't change his market, but if the team sucks less he might entice better than the bottom FA's to sign.

Dade County
11-05-2011, 10:10 PM
What does a billionaire owner have to do with winning? If he can't sign FA's because his team sucks & his market sucks, what can his $ buy him? Why should he spend on gambles with the bottom rung of FA's that really have no where else to go? That's why his team is in dire straits to begin with. Start by giving him compensation picks when he loses his own to FA. You can't change his market, but if the team sucks less he might entice better than the bottom FA's to sign.

A GM that can do HIS damn job.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Tyson Chandler has become one of the most overrated players in the NBA. Haywood 2.0

Nah man, he was the defensive anchor on a championship squad. Dallas poormans version of '07 KG....

Bulls_fan90
11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Nah man, he was the defensive anchor on a championship squad. Dallas poormans version of '07 KG....

I agree, he had a great season and was a key to their championship. But how many great seasons did he have prior to 2011? Just don't know if he's worth the money.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree, he had a great season and was a key to their championship. But how many great seasons did he have prior to 2011? Just don't know if he's worth the money.

Yeah I think its just the matter of being in the right situation. Put him on a mediocre team and he's not going to make a huge impact but let him go to like Boston even back to Chicago for example and it would be a problem!

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 10:23 PM
It gets back to spacing. How much did Tyson gain from Dirk's presence? Will that carry over to a new team? I have my doubts.

Kevj77
11-05-2011, 10:30 PM
It gets back to spacing. How much did Tyson gain from Dirk's presence? Will that carry over to a new team? I have my doubts.What does spacing have to do with his impact on the defensive end? He added defensive toughness to the Mavs something they had always needed.

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Tyson's always been a good D. I don't see that changing on a new team. I see his OR & scoring suffering without the presence of Dirk. The Knicks look like a good fit though. He would take pressure off of Amare on the D end & he should see good spacing for OR & some scoring on the O end. They apparently have the cap space as well.

jimbobjarree
11-05-2011, 11:00 PM
boo ****ing hoo

Angelus™
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Get ova it

LOOTERX9
11-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Tyson is overrated and does not deserve a huge contract. Waste of money for a franchise.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Tyson's always been a good D. I don't see that changing on a new team. I see his OR & scoring suffering without the presence of Dirk. The Knicks look like a good fit though. He would take pressure off of Amare on the D end & he should see good spacing for OR & some scoring on the O end. They apparently have the cap space as well.

Trust me if Tyson went back to ChiTown and you guys had him and Noah crashing boards and blocking shots you would be one happy fellow.It would basically be like having Noah in the game for 48mins. Assuming Tibbs finally gets over his man crush on Bogans and moves him to the bench where he belongs it would be a ticket to the finals....

mjokc
11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Tyson is overrated and does not deserve a huge contract. Waste of money for a franchise.

Yes he's so overrated that if Dallas didn't have him last season they would not have a chip. Period.

ink
11-05-2011, 11:37 PM
huh? Not at all.

What a tough life for poor Tyson. My heart is bleeding severely.

ChiSoxJuan
11-05-2011, 11:45 PM
The only Big the Bulls are interested in right now is Howard. If that falls through they might kick the tires on Tyson. Tyson under Thibs would be interesting.

LOOTERX9
11-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Yes he's so overrated that if Dallas didn't have him last season they would not have a chip. Period.

He's a great role player and that's it. You don't give great role players franchise player contracts. Those type of contracts to role players is what destroys teams. The teams believing that chandler is a star/ franchise player worth a huge contract will be screwed in the long term.

Denver-boy
11-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Assuming Nene leaves, JR leaves, Kmart Leaves, He should be here in Denver!!!

jimbobjarree
11-06-2011, 12:45 AM
he signs with whoever offers him the biggest contract, period. All this ******** is irrelivant.

BreakOutKid
11-06-2011, 02:14 AM
More like "Dallas cant afford to overpay me" like they did with Dampier
Unlucky Tyson, guess you'll have to go to another team with an HOF PF to disguise your non existent offence.

abe_froman
11-06-2011, 04:03 AM
might? no,its def not.this going to force breakups of nearly everyone fav team

LA_Raiders
11-06-2011, 04:12 AM
he is a good fit for Atlanta or NY...

dodie53
11-06-2011, 04:25 AM
tough luck

GodsSon
11-06-2011, 11:56 AM
fixed

He still shat on Christopher Bosh in the first game in Toronto lol

GodsSon
11-06-2011, 12:04 PM
he signs with whoever offers him the biggest contract, period. All this ******** is irrelivant.

This.

We all know for about 90% of players it's all about the money. How many stars would take less money to help their team out? Duncan and Dirk did it (Miami does NOT count), yet KG was making a cool 22 mil up in Minne and handcuffed his team from making any other moves. But hey, what did he care if he was still making his money, right?

It comes down to money or winning. You almost always can't have your cake and eat it too. That's life.

tredigs
11-06-2011, 12:08 PM
huh? Not at all.

Even the vet min for a 10 year pro is well over a million dollars bud. Unless that too was reconstructed in this lockout.

Personally I don't give a **** about them right now, why waste any energy caring about their contract disputes? Wake me up when these idiots figure it out.

ne3xchamps
11-06-2011, 12:20 PM
My boys the c's will take him! :D :clap:

sixer04fan
11-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Aw poor Tyson... (Don't care)

truther
11-06-2011, 12:24 PM
The only Big the Bulls are interested in right now is Howard. If that falls through they might kick the tires on Tyson. Tyson under Thibs would be interesting.

i don't see the point in bulls getting tyson when they have noah and omer, why waste big bucks on him.

Cal827
11-06-2011, 01:24 PM
:dance:

Good. I'm sorry, but they have screwed themselves with some of their bad contracts (e.g. Haywood) so I don't really have sympathy for the Mavericks or Chandler; they have a title. It's teams like them who go well over the cap and lose money that are one of the main reasons that we are in this lockout. Either sign for less or walk to another team with cap space and get more (like Sacremento, Boston, Toronto, New York, etc).

Cal827
11-06-2011, 01:28 PM
This is such simple logic but it probably will still not be comprehended. Add to that the fact of legitimate superstars being pretty hard to comeby and it seems easy to understand that there will never be a league full of contenders.

But you let some of these guys that are drinking the koolaid tell it the owners have a magical fix that will somehow have every team in the league playing at championship level come playoff time....

Agreed. This isn't like the NHL or the NFL where you need all 20 or all 53 players to pull their weight in order to win games.

smith&wesson
11-06-2011, 01:44 PM
perfect now you can sign with the raps:clap: casey welcomes you

ink
11-06-2011, 02:01 PM

No one is suggesting that every team will "play at a championship level come playoff time". That's the same distortion we see again and again and it intentionally parodies the actual point of parity. It's a strawman argument. The focus with the system innovations that some leagues have adopted is on the BEGINNING of the cycle, not the end. The focus is on giving all teams an equal shot at talent acquisition at the beginning so that all 30 teams have a chance of being competitive. Right now the system and all of its loopholes have proven again and again to favour those with deep pockets. But the focus is on the BEGINNING of the process, the acquisition phase. No one can control or predict outcomes and no one is suggesting that all teams will compete equally in the END.

What is interesting is that in the leagues where this is practised some very small market teams are able to turn their fortunes around quite quickly through careful management. They are able to practise better management because the system, by design, doesn't allow for agents to exploit nearly as many loopholes or create insane bidding wars for mediocre players. On the other hand, mid level players, i.e. the type that actually help build great teams, aren't just snapped up all the time by the big market teams. All 30 teams have to manage their budgets and if you've cleared room for those players, you can bring them in to complement the talent you already have on your roster. Prices are much more controllable, there isn't as much movement, but there is still enough movement to allow teams to renew themselves and climb back up after they have a bad year.

ChiSoxJuan
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
i don't see the point in bulls getting tyson when they have noah and omer, why waste big bucks on him. Athleticism. Of course it means moving Boozer, but let's say Howard goes to NY. Who do you want trying to stop him? Noah + Boozer or Noah + Tyson?

GhostfaceDrilla
11-06-2011, 09:59 PM
there's no point for chandler to resign there noway in hell dallas wins it again next year..

Just like there was no way in hell we were gonna beat Portland, then win a single game vs LA, then stand a chance against OKC, or then score a single point against Miami? STFU hater.

GhostfaceDrilla
11-06-2011, 10:02 PM

LOL but Joakim Noah is good right?