PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why Demarcus cousins will be as good as Dwight.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
1) He has passion and a strong drive to prove people wrong. "The most powerful man is one on a mission to prove others wrong" Cousins will surely live up to expectations and more. Everyone keeps doubting him and criticizing him for his mistakes. He's stated in many interviews recently that he wants his actions to speak louder than his words.
2) His trade value is 5 stars in NBA 2k12.
3) He dishes out great assists very well for a center.
4) It is a fact that he should have been the #1 or at least the #2 pick in the 2010 draft.
5) He is only immature because of his age. In 2 years he will have no more problems. He has also stated in various recent interviews stating that he has been working tremendously hard on improving shot selecting, avoiding unnecessary fouls, and becoming more like Tim Duncan.
6) His size and strength are almost unmatched. His weight is perfect, despite the fact that so many people critique him for it. Shaq was 300+ pounds yet he was one of the most dominant big game in history. Weight is not the issue it is how you use that weight. And cousins seems to be using his weight to his advantage.
7) In NBA 2k12 he reaches 99 overall rating before age 30.

Who wants a 25 year old Dwight Howard who only has 5-7 years left when you got a 21 year old DMC who has 10 years of prime dominance left.

itsripcity32
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
lololololololololoolololololol the only thing they will have in common is leaving their respective teams

DoMeFavors
11-05-2011, 12:25 PM
posts like this are annoying, for a center he shot a terrible % this year

Crackadalic
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM
trololololololololololololololololololol. This made me giggle for some reason

Sadds The Gr8
11-05-2011, 12:29 PM
1) he has passion and a strong drive to prove people wrong. "the most powerful man is one on a mission to prove others wrong" cousins will surely live up to expectations and more. Everyone keeps doubting him and criticizing him for his mistakes. He's stated in many interviews recently that he wants his actions to speak louder than his words.
2) his trade value is 5 stars in nba 2k12.
3) he dishes out great assists very well for a center.
4) it is a fact that he should have been the #1 or at least the #2 pick in the 2010 draft.
5) he is only immature because of his age. In 2 years he will have no more problems. He has also stated in various recent interviews stating that he has been working tremendously hard on improving shot selecting, avoiding unnecessary fouls, and becoming more like tim duncan.
6) his size and strength are almost unmatched. His weight is perfect, despite the fact that so many people critique him for it. Shaq was 300+ pounds yet he was one of the most dominant big game in history. Weight is not the issue it is how you use that weight. And cousins seems to be using his weight to his advantage.
7) in nba 2k12 he reaches 99 overall rating before age 30.

who wants a 25 year old dwight howard who only has 5-7 years left when you got a 21 year old dmc who has 10 years of prime dominance left.
looooool

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:30 PM
posts like this are annoying, for a center he shot a terrible % this year

It is horrible because he sometimes attempts long shots. Obviously he understands that is bad and is going to improve upon it. He will start making more inside and close range shot and he will easily have 45~ % FG.

kingbrentg
11-05-2011, 12:32 PM
45% from the field is still horrible for a center.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:33 PM
45% from the field is still horrible for a center.

45% next year.............
He will start averaging 60 and higher when he enters his prime.

Gators123
11-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Season Age Tm Lg G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
2010-11 20 SAC NBA 81 2309 14.6 .484 .432 10.4 24.4 17.2 14.7 1.9 2.1 18.5 27.2 94 105 -1.9 2.9 1.1 0.022

Please don't put him in the same conversation as Dwight. I don't care if he was a rookie.

kingbrentg
11-05-2011, 12:34 PM
lol alright.

Young and Stupid
11-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Air-tight logic.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Season Age Tm Lg G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
2010-11 20 SAC NBA 81 2309 14.6 .484 .432 10.4 24.4 17.2 14.7 1.9 2.1 18.5 27.2 94 105 -1.9 2.9 1.1 0.022

Please don't put him in the same conversation as Dwight. I don't care if was a rookie.

You don't care if he was a rookie? Dude wtf is wrong with you. Dwight was just as bad as Cousins was (or should I say as good) when he was a rookie. Don't make illogical statements like that without looking at history. Comparing someone's rookie year to someones prime. Dwight is in his prime right now and cousins was in his rookie year. Look at Michael Jordan.. he certainly didn't put up GOAT numbers during his rookie year....Cousins will skyrocket his stats in following years.

Greet
11-05-2011, 12:43 PM
5-stars in NBA 2K12?

Give him a max contract now!

Chi~TwnHawksFan
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
1) He has passion and a strong drive to prove people wrong. "The most powerful man is one on a mission to prove others wrong" Cousins will surely live up to expectations and more. Everyone keeps doubting him and criticizing him for his mistakes. He's stated in many interviews recently that he wants his actions to speak louder than his words.
4) It is a fact that he should have been the #1 or at least the #2 pick in the 2010 draft.
5) He is only immature because of his age. In 2 years he will have no more problems. He has also stated in various recent interviews stating that he has been working tremendously hard on improving shot selecting, avoiding unnecessary fouls, and becoming more like Tim Duncan.
6) His size and strength are almost unmatched. His weight is perfect, despite the fact that so many people critique him for it. Shaq was 300+ pounds yet he was one of the most dominant big game in history. Weight is not the issue it is how you use that weight. And cousins seems to be using his weight to his advantage.

Who wants a 25 year old Dwight Howard who only has 5-7 years left when you got a 21 year old DMC who has 10 years of prime dominance left.

So you got 5 reasons?
smh :facepalm:

kingbrentg
11-05-2011, 12:46 PM
You don't care if he was a rookie? Dude wtf is wrong with you. Dwight was just as bad as Cousins was (or should I say as good) when he was a rookie. Don't make illogical statements like that without looking at history. Comparing someone's rookie year to someones prime. Dwight is in his prime right now and cousins was in his rookie year. Look at Michael Jordan.. he certainly didn't put up GOAT numbers during his rookie year....Cousins will skyrocket his stats in following years.

Did you watch Jordan his rookie year? :laugh2:

28.2 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 5.9 APG, 2.4 SPG, 51.8 eFG%, 59.2 TS%, 25.8 PER

And Dwight has never shot under 52% in his career.

Yeah, come on, dude.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:49 PM
How are those not legitimate reasons? When has NBA 2k's Ratings and trade value been wrong? Looking back at NBA 2k7...8..etc the players and their trade value has always been spot on correct and I dont suspect them to be wrong this time. It's not just a video game company they work very tightly with ESPN and the NBA to delivery accuracy.

KnicksR4Real
11-05-2011, 12:50 PM
NBA 2k12? LOL

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Did you watch Jordan his rookie year? :laugh2:

28.2 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 5.9 APG, 2.4 SPG, 51.8 eFG%, 59.2 TS%, 25.8 PER

And Dwight has never shot under 52% in his career.

Yeah, come on, dude.

Okay forget about the Jordan comment. He was an exception. What about other guys like Kobe. I know for a fact he certainty did not do incredible during his rookie year. People stop talking out your *** and let me hear some facts please.

kingbrentg
11-05-2011, 12:53 PM
People stop talking out your *** and let me hear some facts please.

Because you're not and you've provided them?

I'm sure many in here probably think Cousins will end up becoming a good player, but if you're going to come in here crowning him better than Dwight in a few years, you're going to have to have more than NBA 2K12 projections and your "because I say so" reasons.

Sadds The Gr8
11-05-2011, 12:53 PM
lol Kingbrentg didn't ban this troll yet? cmon...

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
lol Kingbrentg didn't ban this troll yet? cmon...

Really? A troll? So speaking my opinion makes me a troll? Honestly you people need to grow up. And Kingbrentg I do apologize for my language It just makes me laugh when people say Howard is better than Cousins because it's so illogical.

Mile High Champ
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
This is one of those posts that remind you there are still a lot of funny things in the world to laugh at. Bringing up 2K12 was just priceless..

Gators123
11-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Really? A troll? So speaking my opinion makes me a troll? Honestly you people need to grow up. And Kingbrentg I do apologize for my language It just makes me laugh when people say Howard is better than Cousins because it's so illogical.

Wait, what? LOL

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 12:58 PM
To further expand upon my point of view.
Look at guys like Gilbert Arenas. Guys like Ron Artest. Guys like Rondo. Who thought they would be great during their first year? And look what they ended out to be. The first years stats aren't the defining solid blocks for the future of one's career. Again, this is ALL about maturity and learning. When he WANTS TO He plays like Tim Duncan. When he WANTS TO he decimates the opponents like Dwight Howard. I have a gut feeling he will WANT it pretty soon. After feeling the wrath of the Lakers and company. He will start giving it his all with Tyreke.

Rivera
11-05-2011, 01:05 PM
he has 5 stars in NBA 2k12 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KnicksorBust
11-05-2011, 01:06 PM

I'm very high on Cousins as well. I think he and Blake are extremely underrated passers and Cousins has great size and skills. I see a future all-star. You gotta be careful though taking it too far. The points about the video game numbers make your whole post seem ridiculous. Just some advice for the future, keep the NBA2k numbers out and stick to more tangible evidence.

Lim
11-05-2011, 01:07 PM
no chance lol

Cal827
11-05-2011, 01:08 PM
To be fair, doesn't NBA 2k12 give Derozan a decrease in his overall and his value... despite basically doubling his numbers from his first year? lol

Cal827
11-05-2011, 01:09 PM

Really dude? I mean I think that Cousins could become a top 3 center, but I don't think he's going to be as good as Howard. He definitely isn't right now lol

We really shouldn't use NBA 2k12 to determine actual value in Life.. Last year, Bafnani got 4 stars lol

DoMeFavors
11-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I think this guy is kidding and enjoying all you people responding, he is obviously kidding.

lakers4sho
11-05-2011, 01:11 PM
When Brian Scalabrine wants to play like MJ he decimates his opponents too...

oh wait.

he already does.

truther
11-05-2011, 01:12 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/282/3/8/maximum_trolling_by_synknight-d30eobn.gif

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Kidding? Really? Where's the Joke in a 6'11 280 pound monster who craves to WIN. Where is the laughing when this kid racks up more assits than their point gaurds. When this kid goes and scrambles for rebounds like no one else at 21 years old. He rebounds like a veteran. He assits to win not to favor himself. He scores every time when he wants to score. Again. His lack of points are because of young immaturity and inexperience. This year he will stop taking 3 pointers and long 2 point jumpshots and focus on decimating the paint.

DoMeFavors
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Kidding? Really? Where's the Joke in a 6'11 280 pound monster who craves to WIN. Where is the laughing when this kid racks up more assits than their point gaurds. When this kid goes and scrambles for rebounds like no one else at 21 years old. He rebounds like a veteran. He assits to win not to favor himself. He scores every time when he wants to score. Again. His lack of points are because of young immaturity and inexperience. This year he will stop taking 3 pointers and long 2 point jumpshots and focus on decimating the paint.

Yeah rebounds like a 38 year old Juwan Howard

Young and Stupid
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
For the record, DeMarcus Cousins is one of the most talented players in the league. Assuming that his immaturity doesn't prevent it, he'll probably become a top-three center somewhere down the line. He certainly has the tools.

Having said that (Curb fans), Cousins had one of the more statistically underwhelming seasons we've seen, for a player of his promise. His numbers are pretty disturbing, to be honest. However, I hope that he's able to mature and improve his game; because the NBA needs some help at the center position.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I think Cousins will become a legit 20 and 10 guy but unless he gets with a real players coach like Doc or Byron Scott who can handle him that his attitude is going to get him bounced around the league a bit. You're old school coaches are not going to be able to deal with him.....

Evolution23
11-05-2011, 01:29 PM
He seems to hard headed to become elite. He doesn't seem like the type that would listen to his coach or get along with his players. He has the body and talent but still not nearly as gifted athletically as DH.

thekmp211
11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
you used nba2k as evidence for something happening in real life. Troy Bell used to become a superstar back in the day.

wut?

IndyRealist
11-05-2011, 01:37 PM
There are plenty of players thoughout the history of the NBA that had all the talent in the world and threw it away. He's hard headed, fights with his teammates, and doesn't take instruction.

Yes, it's immaturity. The problem is that not everybody outgrows it. But to prove the argument you don't need to show that he's talented. He's a monster and everyone knows it. What you have to show are indications that he's going to mature.

bears88
11-05-2011, 01:38 PM
this poster is :crazy:

I :laugh: and right after that I had to give this poster a :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 01:47 PM

dwight's rookie year ***** on DMC bro:laugh:

GodsSon
11-05-2011, 01:49 PM
How do you account for his piss poor attitude?

There's a reason he's constantly compared to Derrick Coleman.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 01:49 PM

you are obviously trolling

IndyRealist
11-05-2011, 01:51 PM
How do you account for his piss poor attitude?

There's a reason he's constantly compared to Derrick Coleman.

+1.

Another player who could have been great and flushed it down the drain.

phils07
11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
I am fully on the runDMC bandwagon. But Dwight is on another level, and it is likely he will get to one more step ahead where is. While I think DMC could get there, I think, just looking at the history of the league, that it is unlikely he can get there.

Dwight, if his actions match his words, might start hitting free throws now because he hired a shooting coach. I believe missing free throws is a combination of lack of practice, poor form, and anxiety from perceived pressure. These are all things that can be worked on, and I think Dwight will follow through to around 72-78 percent from the line.

That'd be really tough for DeMarcus to eventually top, a good free throw shooting Dwight. What I saw when DeMarcus played, though, was an extremely talented and smooth player with tons of potential. Even though I hate his haters, he does seem to have a maturity issue that will only subside with time and experience.

Some of that haterism is a result of misperceived passion. He does like and maybe even love basketball. Especially, as you said, when he is proving people wrong. As long as he works hard, it is definitely a possibility that we could be talking about the best big man in the league in 5 years. The only issue I have with this post is that that Cousins might not be as good as the current Dwight, and almost certainly won't be as good as a Dwight with an improved shot.

I really hope he is that good though. It would remind me of a Cam Newton type of situation. Even though it's not that equivalent because there weren't as many minor issues with Cam, there were tons of haters. They're still are haters, and he is having an amazing rookie season. People wanted Cam to fail like they do Demarcus. Let's hope DMC can continue his ascent and silence unjustifiably loud critics.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Cousins will never be the defensive player Dwight is, but he's already a better offensive player.

truther
11-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Cousins will never be the defensive player Dwight is, but he's already a better offensive player.

cousins is no where near as dominant offensively as dwight is.

YoungOne
11-05-2011, 02:18 PM
he is a completely different player..

itsripcity32
11-05-2011, 02:20 PM

:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 02:24 PM

what the hell lol?

Cousins has a terrible offensive game.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
dwight's rookie year ***** on DMC bro:laugh:
their rookie seasons per 36
Per 36
Howard 13.2 points/11.1 rebounds 2 turns 1ast 1.7blk 1stl on 52% shooting

DMC 17.8 points/10.9 rebounds 4.2 turns 3.2 ast 1.1blk 1.3 stl on 43% shooting

The numbers aren't really that different....

Sactown
11-05-2011, 02:29 PM
what the hell lol?

Cousins has a terrible offensive game.

Actually if you watch he has a great offensive game and has the vision of most guards... he tries to much at times and tends to take to many jump shots..

Tmath
11-05-2011, 02:32 PM
He's the next Eddy Curry.

Gators123
11-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Per 36

Look at their advanced stats. Its not close.

Beltrans Mole
11-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Dwight Howard>>>>>>>>Cousins

Sactown
11-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Look at their advanced stats. Its not close.

Actually IMO it's they're not crazy apart..
Especially as DMC had a terrible first half of the season

DoMeFavors
11-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Are the sac fans serious? This guy isnt in Dwights league, saying Cousins has the better offensive game..did you see Dwight in the first game of the series against ATL? Dwight has a high fg %, Cousins avg 15 pts with a terrible fg %. Cousins will never be at Dwights level.

meloman1592
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
This guy used 2k12 as a reason!! Lmao

THE GIPPER
11-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Per 36

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Per 36

dwight 9 FGA 7.3 WS
DMC 16 FGA 1.1 WS

Vincent33
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Didn't say they were logical or valid reasons, just reasons. Can't fault him for that.

IndiansFan337
11-05-2011, 02:51 PM
That's definitely not going to happen. Specifically on defense. His shot selection can be suspect at times too. He certainly has more range offensively than Dwight, but will never be as dominant on the low block of defensively.

onlythisfar41
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Holy **** this is hilarious. When i first read the OP's posts i thought he was being sarcastic. I mean common, obviously he has to be joking when using NBA 2K as legitimate evidence.

To my surprise upon further reading, I come to find out this kid is dead serious. Wow. Well buddy i was having a tough day and that really made me laugh, thanks for that.

onlythisfar41
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh and Dwight takes a giant dump on Cousins. He will never be as good as dwight.

Young and Stupid
11-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I find it important to note that Brook Lopez -- a player who people love to trash -- is a far better offensive player than DeMarcus Cousins. However, an attempt to compare Lopez to Dwight Howard would be senile.

*Before you make a joke about Lopez's rebounding: Check the numbers for his first two seasons.

Lakers + Giants
11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
this poster is :crazy:

I :laugh: and right after that I had to give this poster a :facepalm:

Is it just me or does that guy in your sig sort of resemble kid rock?

mdm692
11-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Cousinsevansduo just stop you used nba2k12, a videogame, to compare 2 players just stop bro. Youre lucky you havent been banned yet so just stop. And to the mods next time anybody uses nba videogames their post should just be deleted.

smith&wesson
11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
he will be a good C. just dont know about comparing him to howard yet. who knows he could reach thoughs heights or bust.

M.Bibby2.0
11-05-2011, 03:39 PM
DMC isn't an efficient scorer for the time being, but at age 21, his hands, passing, footwork and repertoire of post moves are all superior to Howards at the same age.
Frankly Dwight's efficiency in his rookie year due in part to putbacks, shots under the rim and dunks, similar to Tyson Chandlers offensive skill set. In terms of actually creating offence (for themselves and team-mates) there is no comparison (when dwight was a rookie).

All that being said DMC will still probably not be as good as dwight (definitely not defensively) but I can see him being a top 2-3 centre if he strives to be that good.

samevans7
11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe he will be the #3 center in the league someday; that doesnt mean jack ****.

Andrew Bynum is the 2nd best center right now. That says enough.

And Cousins will not become Dwight.

NJ#1FAN
11-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Several of your main reasons for Demarcus Cousins' future improvement are based off of a video game and yet you have the balls to tell someone else not to make illogical statements? This lockout really is driving people insane.

NJ#1FAN
11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
By the way everyone, I just created myself in 2K12 with a rating of 99. I guess that means NBA teams will be calling shortly to sign me to a max contract. Should I order dinner in for the GM's come to me or should I just wait for them to offer to take me out?

GodsSon
11-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Several of your main reasons for Demarcus Cousins' future improvement are based off of a video game and yet you have the balls to tell someone else not to make illogical statements? This lockout really is driving people insane.

lol

Slug3
11-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I created a player in 2K12, and starting my 5th season I am rated a 93 and have a 5 start trade value. I now know that I can play in the NBA and perhaps become a star.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Reasons he won't:

Fat
Lazy
Bad attitude
not athletic

Eddy curry 2.0.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I take that back. Eddy city was actually pretty good at one point.

Eddy curry 0.5

da ThRONe
11-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I think Cousins will become a legit 20 and 10 guy but unless he gets with a real players coach like Doc or Byron Scott who can handle him that his attitude is going to get him bounced around the league a bit. You're old school coaches are not going to be able to deal with him.....

I wouldn't let Byron Scott coach an AAU team.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Reasons he won't:

Fat
Lazy
Bad attitude
not athletic

Eddy curry 2.0.

He's lost weight and gained muscle during the lockout and has been working out daily on his weight issues and his post moves...

He has great footwork and incredible speed for his size

His attitude has been improving greatly throughout the year and a large part of his attitude was just being immature..

stop making assumptions based off of nothing

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 05:14 PM
35 posts into this dude's PSD career, and i think this thread should end it. :facepalm:

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:14 PM
And anyone who thinks Dwight Howard at this age had better post moves and a better jump shot is ridiculous... Yes his FG% was higher, but since obviously fg% determines the best offensive player then I guess Washingtons Hamady N'Diaye owns that title with an 80% FG percentage

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Maybe he will be the #3 center in the league someday; that doesnt mean jack ****.

Andrew Bynum is the 2nd best center right now. That says enough.

And Cousins will not become Dwight.

I'll take the center that can play a full season.. thanks tho
and the center with the 2 good knees, and if you think DMC shooting percentage was bad this season, Bynums was worse

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
And anyone who thinks Dwight Howard at this age had better post moves and a better jump shot is ridiculous... Yes his FG% was higher, but since obviously fg% determines the best offensive player then I guess Washingtons Hamady N'Diaye owns that title with an 80% FG percentage

cmon dude, 40% for a C is ridicilous.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I'll take the center that can play a full season.. thanks tho

cousins some day could be as good as bynum though

da ThRONe
11-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Cousins has a better jumlshot and post moves than Dwight Howard right now. I can see a scenario where 3 years from now Cousins will be competing to be the best center.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't let Byron Scott coach an AAU team.

Yeah the guy only took the Nets to their only back to back finals ever (haven't even been in the playoffs since btw), and NO to the playoffs for the first time in years. And a former COY. Besides that his resume isn't that impressive.......

Sactown
cmon dude, 40% for a C is ridicilous.

Oh I completely agree, but don't write off his offensive skill set because he takes bonehead outside shots consistently... but hey it's even worse that AB also shot 40% this season

Sadds The Gr8
lol at the Kings fans saying his offense is better than Dwight's. close this piece of **** thread

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Cousins has a better jumlshot and post moves than Dwight Howard right now. I can see a scenario where 3 years from now Cousins will be competing to be the best center.

That's what I've been saying and everyone is calling me crazy... Pau Gasol has the best offensive skill set in the league, but DMC is pretty high on the list as well. DMC just needs to work on his shot selection and cut down on the turnovers and silly fouls

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh I completely agree, but don't write off his offensive skill set because he takes bonehead outside shots consistently... but hey it's even worse that AB also shot 40% this season

Who's AB?

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:25 PM
lol at the Kings fans saying his offense is better than Dwight's. close this piece of **** thread

Cousins has a better offensive skill set

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Who's AB?

Andrew Bynum

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
i love how the kings fans won't back down from this fight. this is like me saying toney douglas is better than steve nash/chris paul.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:32 PM
i love how the kings fans won't back down from this fight. this is like me saying toney douglas is better than steve nash/chris paul.

Wow I'm not saying Demarcus Cousins is as good as Dwight Howard.. I'm saying with his current skill set and proper development it's not out of this world to think that in a few years DMC could compete with Dwight for the #1 spot.. and this comparison is not even close to toney douglas to nash/paul

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Andrew Bynum

:confused:
he didn't shot 40%

da ThRONe
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah the guy only took the Nets to their only back to back finals ever (haven't even been in the playoffs since btw), and NO to the playoffs for the first time in years. And a former COY. Besides that his resume isn't that impressive.......

Jason Kidd lead the Nets to those back to back Finals appearances and Chris Paul was the reason the Hornets had our post season success. So yes when Scott has the best PG in the game to make up for his inabilities to coach he's an outstanding coach.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM

No. That is comparing apples to oranges.
Toney douglas is a wimpy, soft chicken. Cousins is a determined, passionate, angry beast who's just been awoken. You can paint the picture in your mind.
This beast only needs taming,. which I cannot stress enough, WILL come in time. These recent interviews and recent games you can see the improvement and truth in his words and in his game. You can tell he wants it. Not only does he want it, you know he WILL achieve it.

Cousins has a better offensive skill set

I completely agree. These people obviously haven't watched any DMC games this year. Stats don't mean everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkh3BtMJOc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

This is the offensive that Dwight can't even dream to achieve. When cousins experience sets in, he will be bar none better than Howard's one dimensional dunks.

A true great center knows the paint. Loves the paint. Lives in the paint. Cousins is too natural once hes in it that all he needs is time and he will become literally unstoppable. Imagine Tim Duncan in 2006. That is who Cousins will be in 2015 yet with better assisting ability and better intensity.

Iggz53
11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sactown
:confused:
he didn't shot 40%

I meant his rookie season lol

knicks=love
Wow I'm not saying Demarcus Cousins is as good as Dwight Howard.. I'm saying with his current skill set and proper development it's not out of this world to think that in a few years DMC could compete with Dwight for the #1 spot.. and this comparison is not even close to toney douglas to nash/paul

cousins won't compete with dwight because dwight will go down as one of the better centers of all time. cousins is way too lazy to be anything dwight can and will be.

PocketKings
Andrew Bynum had a 57% FG PCT. lol.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I am in no way agreeing with what CousinsEvensduo is saying...

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 05:37 PM

Oh you mean the year he only attempted 82 shots? Only played 46 games.

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 05:38 PM
The rookie Andrew Bynum who averaged 1.8 FGA per game. :facepalm:

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I am in no way agreeing with what CousinsEvensduo is saying...

Sactown bro come on how are you going to bail out on me right here right now.....we're in this together we're on the same team dammit don't leave me for the bulls and oh no not the dreadful knicks not the knicks you can't be agreeing with them :mad:

-Kobe24-TJ19-

youngest player ever to play in nba game, straight from high school, and only played 7mpg.

you cant compare their tookie seasons.

Sactown
cousins won't compete with dwight because dwight will go down as one of the better centers of all time. cousins is way too lazy to be anything dwight can and will be.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/10/20/cousins.trainer/index.html
Proof he isn't lazy, where's your proof he is?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Sactown bro come on how are you going to bail out on me right here right now.....we're in this together we're on the same team dammit don't leave me for the bulls and oh no not the dreadful knicks not the knicks you can't be agreeing with them :mad:

epic troll is back:laugh:

5ass
cousins will be good, but not as good as howard.. cousins is a taller zach randolph, also slightly better defensively

PocketKings
Minus his rookie season in which he only averaged 7 MPG, he hasn't shot less 55.8% FG%

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM
youngest player ever to play in nba game, straight from high school, and only played 7mpg.

you cant compare their tookie seasons.

Because he was young and didn't deserve the playing time doesn't mean I can't compare their rookie seasons... Like I said Andrew Bynums inability to stay on the court isn't an argument you can use to say he's better, but proves his career will be shorter and less potent

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM

dreadful knicks? and your kings are moving from sacramento.. so how are the knicks dreadful. no one ****ing likes the kings because they blow.

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 05:42 PM

This thread is infinite lulz.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Correction. Cousins WAS lazy. If you've seen him compete during the summer he's nothing like he was during his 1st season.

Plus saying someone is lazy is not everything. Shaq was lazy so what? When you're that good it's okay to be lazy. Cousins acts lazy sometimes because these punks aren't worth his time. He knows how good he is and is insulted by those trash cans wasting his time. Again. When we're talking about when he WANTS to win. When he WANTS to score and WANTS to defend. He ALWAYS succeeds.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Because he was young and didn't deserve the playing time doesn't mean I can't compare their rookie seasons... Like I said Andrew Bynums inability to stay on the court isn't an argument you can use to say he's better, but proves his career will be shorter and less potent

he came out of HIGH SCHOOL, like KOBE, look at kobe's first 2 seasons.

Cousins had 2 years in college to polish his game but he looks still very raw.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:44 PM

I'm not ditching the argument that cousins has the potential to become comparable to Dwight Howard, I don't think they are ever going to be similar players, but I think Cousins will turn out to be the better offensive player, but never will have the game changing affect Dwight has on defense, I also refuse to use NBA2K12 has a legit argument, but would rather use other forms of evidence to prove he isn't lazy and has a good work ethic and potential to be great...

Gators123
11-05-2011, 05:45 PM
http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

Cal827
11-05-2011, 05:45 PM
On a side note, I really like Sacremento's future. Freaking Evans and Cousins...both have potential to be top 5s in their repective positions... just a few more draft picks and they should be good (especially since the next draft is SF friendly, which is the spot that they are lacking).

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Cousins posted a negative offensive win share total this year. A 94 ORTg.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:46 PM
he came out of HIGH SCHOOL, like KOBE, look at kobe's first 2 seasons.

Cousins had 2 years in college to polish his game but he looks still very raw.

:confused::confused: I don't recall him playing 2 seasons in college? and he was 1 year older then Bynum.. but that doesn't neglect the comments I also made about his inability to not stay on the court.. and as a Kings fan I know Knee injuries don't just go away...

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 05:47 PM
This thread = infinite fail / lulz

/close por favor.

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Correction. Cousins WAS lazy.

was and still is lazy.

If you've seen him compete during the summer he's nothing like he was during his 1st season.

don't you think he's just trying to stay with the game? if he doesn't play, he'll be straight up **** of a player. his first season was his ROOKIE season. obviously he'll get better because he'll get used to the tempo of the game.

Plus saying someone is lazy is not everything. Shaq was lazy so what? When you're that good it's okay to be lazy. Cousins acts lazy sometimes because these punks aren't worth his time. He knows how good he is and is insulted by those trash cans wasting his time. Again. When we're talking about when he WANTS to win. When he WANTS to score and WANTS to defend. He ALWAYS succeeds.

shaq? lazy? :facepalm: are you serious? he didn't play as much in the last 2 years of his career because of his injury, but still wanted to play. when you're saying when cousins wants to score, and wants to win, shouldn't that be all the time. he shouldn't go into a game and think, i don't want to score or win, **** it. you emphasize when he WANTS something, which is telling me he doesn't want to win/score all the time.

StriveGreatness
11-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Lol.

Cousins won't even be as good as Greg Monroe yet you think he will be in Dwight's class some day?

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 05:51 PM
This thread = infinite fail / lulz

/close por favor.

I don't understand why people are trying to close this thread. Perhaps it's because the magic fans can't stand the fact that a new great center is coming around the corner and he won't be playing for them. Sorry. But it's the KINGS time to rule the NBA.

Also no one has yet disproved my theory about Cousins. I mean, of course we don't know for sure,. we'll just have to wait and see, but when the day comes that cousins starts averaging 25-15-5 (which I predict will be in 3-4 years) you will all realize the truth spewing out of my mouth.

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't understand why people are trying to close this thread. Perhaps it's because the magic fans can't stand the fact that a new great center is coming around the corner and he won't be playing for them. Sorry. But it's the KINGS time to rule the NBA D-LEAGUE.

Also no one has yet disproved my theory about Cousins. I mean, of course we don't know for sure,. we'll just have to wait and see, but when the day comes that cousins starts averaging 25-15-5 (which I predict will be in 3-4 years) you will all realize the truth spewing out of my mouth.

it's because you used nba 2k12 as a reason why he'll be better than dwight. :facepalm: that right there is the biggest sign.

edit: i fixed the bold part for you.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 05:54 PM
when you're saying when cousins wants to score, and wants to win, shouldn't that be all the time. he shouldn't go into a game and think, i don't want to score or win, **** it. you emphasize when he WANTS something, which is telling me he doesn't want to win/score all the time.

Bro. Use your freakn' brain. Obviously cousins had trust issues. It's the mentality. He didn't even want to be on the Kings roster. It's tough being a great center and being drafted into an under-performing team. He's still just starting to mesh with the team and develop great chemistry and those natural team bonds. Again, experience is the problem here. When cousins gets that experience. Him winning will always be the mindset. When his chemistry with evans is at 100% he'll be hungry like a wolf.

CityofTreez
11-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Lol.

Cousins won't even be as good as Greg Monroe yet you think he will be in Dwight's class some day?

:laugh2: There's Strive!

Welcome to the boards CousinsEvansDUO. :clap:

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't understand why people are trying to close this thread. Perhaps it's because the magic fans can't stand the fact that a new great center is coming around the corner and he won't be playing for them. Sorry. But it's the KINGS time to rule the NBA.

Exactly, your position is a theory and not factual.

Theoretical facts = Fail.

Second, I'm not a Magic fan.

You've based your theory on the basis of a video game and assumptions.

No facts.

How do you expect posters to contribute to some form of dialogue with you when you've based your theory mainly off of video game statistics, an opinion that is based off your emotional feelings towards a player, and non-sense.

You've provided absolutely 0 statistical proof as why your theory holds as much as weight as a deflated baloon.

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Bro. Use your freakn' brain. Obviously cousins had trust issues. It's the mentality. He didn't even want to be on the Kings roster. It's tough being a great center and being drafted into an under-performing team. He's still just starting to mesh with the team and develop great chemistry and those natural team bonds. Again, experience is the problem here. When cousins gets that experience. Him winning will always be the mindset. When his chemistry with evans is at 100% he'll be hungry like a wolf.

All your doing is postulating this mindset of Cousins which is still no proof as to why you believe he is going to be as good or on the same plane as Dwight Howard.

If your going to argue, your going to have to do better than just use this "mindset" and "video game stats" as to why you believe what you believe.

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Exactly, your position is a theory and not factual.

Theoretical facts = Fail.

Second, I'm not a Magic fan.

You've based your theory on the basis of a video game and assumptions.

No facts.

How do you expect posters to contribute to some form of dialogue with you when you've based your theory mainly off of video game statistics, an opinion that is based off your emotional feelings towards a player, and non-sense.

You've provided absolutely 0 statistical proof as why your theory holds as much as weight as a deflated baloon.

PK, at his finest everyone :worthy:

Sactown
11-05-2011, 05:59 PM
was and still is lazy.

don't you think he's just trying to stay with the game? if he doesn't play, he'll be straight up **** of a player. his first season was his ROOKIE season. obviously he'll get better because he'll get used to the tempo of the game.

shaq? lazy? :facepalm: are you serious? he didn't play as much in the last 2 years of his career because of his injury, but still wanted to play. when you're saying when cousins wants to score, and wants to win, shouldn't that be all the time. he shouldn't go into a game and think, i don't want to score or win, **** it. you emphasize when he WANTS something, which is telling me he doesn't want to win/score all the time.
Proof or stfu I've already posted an article of him staying in shape and working out.. your turn..

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 06:02 PM

don't call me bro. stop trying to defend him. just like PK said, you have no facts or stats proving why he'll be better than dwight. you're telling us all of these things about himself that don't matter to me. i don't care if he has the mentality to be the ****ing president, he won't be better than dwight or the same stage as him. you act like you know him personally.. which i'm 110% sure you don't.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
All your doing is postulating this mindset of Cousins which is still no proof as to why you believe he is going to be as good or on the same plane as Dwight Howard.

If your going to argue, your going to have to do better than just use this "mindset" and "video game stats" as to why you believe what you believe.

Sigh. How many times do I have to stress this to you people. NBA 2k12 is one of the most ACCURATE basketball games in the HISTORY of basketball games. This has been proven on wikipedia. I'm using facts. You're using your emotional opinion to berail me as well as SacTown. We're putting up reality to the table. We're telling you how he's been working during the summer and how he has improved and why his game will one day excel dwights' game. If your going to debate at least try to be reasonable.

Gators123
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Proof or stfu I've already posted an article of him staying in shape and working out.. your turn..

I hope you realize that most (if not all) NBA players workout during the summer.

City
11-05-2011, 06:04 PM
He's using a computer game to back up his argument.

I guess he will be good as Dwight.

City
11-05-2011, 06:05 PM
And some SAC fans are baking him up.

LOL

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I hope you realize that most (if not all) NBA players workout during the summer.

No. Stop sugar-coating your lies.
Some players work out. Some players work THEIR *** OFF. Some are on their own level. Some are like DeMarcus Cousins who are HELLBENT on getting in shape and improving themselves. This guy works out 6 hours a day. Seriously and you mean to tell me he's lazy? Yeah and I'm the one BS'ing here.

Sactown
11-05-2011, 06:06 PM

He's losing fat and gaining muscle and working on his post game daily.. how does that make him lazy? If he comes into training camp out of shape that's being lazy, but coming in, in better shape then you left is not being lazy...

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 06:06 PM

ask 20 non-kings fans if he's lazy, and i'll guarantee that more people say he is. everyone is ****ing staying in shape because of the lockout. do you honestly think he would sit around, eating garbage food, risking an injury when the lockout is lifted? he has no choice pretty much but to work out and stay in shape. i'm sure his agent, trainer, or whoever is pushing him and telling him to.. not because he wants to.

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Sigh. How many times do I have to stress this to you people. NBA 2k12 is one of the most ACCURATE basketball games in the HISTORY of basketball games. This has been proven on wikipedia. I'm using facts. You're using your emotional opinion to berail me as well as SacTown. We're putting up reality to the table. We're telling you how he's been working during the summer and how he has improved and why his game will one day excel dwights' game. If your going to debate at least try to be reasonable.

I'm going to provide one question for you,

Has anyone ever, within the realm of professional sports journalism and the focus being on basketball, used NBA 2K12 statistics as their basis on why player X is better than player Y? Or player A having the potential to contribute based off of how player A developed on NBA 2k12?

Thank you.
You can't answer that question.

CityofTreez
11-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Reasons he won't:

Fat
Lazy
Bad attitude
not athletic

Eddy curry 2.0.

:laugh2:

I take that back. Eddy city was actually pretty good at one point.

Eddy curry 0.5

High school doesn't count.

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 06:08 PM
sigh. How many times do i have to stress this to you people. Nba 2k12 is one of the most accurate basketball games in the history of basketball games. This has been proven on wikipedia. I'm using facts. You're using your emotional opinion to berail me as well as sactown. We're putting up reality to the table. We're telling you how he's been working during the summer and how he has improved and why his game will one day excel dwights' game. If your going to debate at least try to be reasonable.

you're argument is a video game.

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 06:09 PM

Has anyone ever, within the realm of professional sports journalism and the focus being on basketball, used NBA 2K12 statistics as their basis on why player X is better than player Y? Or player A having the potential to contribute based off of how player A developed on NBA 2k12?

Thank you.

:hi5:

Sactown
11-05-2011, 06:09 PM
ask 20 non-kings fans if he's lazy, and i'll guarantee that more people say he is. everyone is ****ing staying in shape because of the lockout. do you honestly think he would sit around, eating garbage food, risking an injury when the lockout is lifted? he has no choice pretty much but to work out and stay in shape. i'm sure his agent, trainer, or whoever is pushing him and telling him to.. not because he wants to.

The argument X amount of people can't be wrong lost credibility during the Nazi era.. I showed he isn't lazy and you've shown jack ****... and if working out and staying in shape doesn't prove he isn't lazy then what the **** does?

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:10 PM
He's losing fat and gaining muscle and working on his post game daily.. how does that make him lazy? If he comes into training camp out of shape that's being lazy, but coming in, in better shape then you left is not being lazy...

That's exactly me point. If you've seen any of DMC's games this summer. You can clearly tell he has lost a ton of fat and gained a lot of muscle. He's looking more fit and more in shape. Imagine how dominant he was under the glass, now imagine how even more dominant he will become once he loses some fat and gets ripped. This guy's body will be just as good, if not better than dwights. I don't know how you guys can't see it. I should be an NBA scout. I see RAW talent.

Sactown
:hi5:

I agree with this.. NBA2K12 has no credibility when it comes to real basketball

PocketKings
I've actually not appealing to emotions, I've actually posted two statistics (well not the actual figure) his ORTg and his Offensive W/S which are both negative.

You talk about how Cousins is "hellbent on working his *** off" that is still postulating to believe it'll lead to success.

Just because a player works his *** off doesn't equate to automatic success. There are tons of players who work their *** off. Who the hell are you to judge on the quality of their attempts to better their game?

Now not only are you making absolutely ridiculous claims (Cousins on the same plane as Howard), you've supported your position with non-factual evidence and theories (ridiculous), and now your acting quite pious and disrespectful in your position of downgrading others work ethic to praise that of Cousins as his work ethic is superior to all.

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 06:11 PM
The argument X amount of people can't be wrong lost credibility during the Nazi era.. I showed he isn't lazy and you've shown jack ****... and if working out and staying in shape doesn't prove he isn't lazy then what the **** does?

everyone has to ****ing work out during the summer, idiot. do you honestly think they'd get away with not working out at all? they wouldn't ****ing play :facepalm: i don't need a stupid article to prove to you why he's lazy. he's lazy. end of story.

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 06:12 PM
If you throw out the NBA 2k12 statistics as his proof on why Cousins is going to be on a similar plane to Howard. Than your left with the claim of this:

"He has worked out incredibly hard, shed weight, done everything possible to improve the fundamentals of his game and even been hellbent on becoming a winner."

Now, that can all be true, but to naturally assume that it will translate into results when all we have is proof of one year which he had little success and does not have the individual statistical proof to back-up this claim either is purely non-sense.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:13 PM

Thank you.

I don't understand what the hell the problem is. Tell me one inaccessibility of NBA 2k12. Lebron is a 98 overall because he's that damn good. Dirk is 85 because that's what he gets for not playing defense. NBA and ESPN determined these stats NOT some video game fantasist. Stop looking for loopholes and accept the truth.

Sactown
I've actually not appealing to emotions, I've actually posted two statistics (well not the actual figure) his ORTg and his Offensive W/S which are both negative.

You talk about how Cousins is "hellbent on working his *** off" that is still postulating to believe it'll lead to success.

Just because a player works his *** off doesn't equate to automatic success. There are tons of players who work their *** off. Who the hell are you to judge on the quality of their attempts to better their game?

Now not only are you making absolutely ridiculous claims (Cousins on the same plane as Howard), you've supported your position with non-factual evidence and theories (ridiculous), and now your acting quite pious and disrespectful in your position of downgrading others work ethic to praise that of Cousins as his work ethic is superior to all.

For one I haven't said Demarcus is greater then Howard... I've said with his current skill set and proper development in a few years it isn't ridiculous to assume he could fight for the #1 spot... also the argument of him working is *** off is a product of everyone calling him lazy and we've shown facts of him working out and further developing his skill set.. I can't deny that his shot selection is poor at best currently, but the skill set and potential is there

knicks=love
That's exactly me point. If you've seen any of DMC's games this summer. You can clearly tell he has lost a ton of fat and gained a lot of muscle. He's looking more fit and more in shape. Imagine how dominant he was under the glass, now imagine how even more dominant he will become once he loses some fat and gets ripped. This guy's body will be just as good, if not better than dwights. I don't know how you guys can't see it. I should be an NBA scout. I see RAW talent.

will you use college hoops 2k12 to scout players?

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
you're argument is a video game.

I don't know man. My 2k Gilbert Arenas is still pretty sick, I think he may still have some allstar performances in him......

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:15 PM
If you throw out the NBA 2k12 statistics as his proof on why Cousins is going to be on a similar plane to Howard. Than your left with the claim of this:

"He has worked out incredibly hard, shed weight, done everything possible to improve the fundamentals of his game and even been hellbent on becoming a winner."

Now, that can all be true, but to naturally assume that it will translate into results when all we have is proof of one year which he had little success and does not have the individual statistical proof to back-up this claim either is purely non-sense.

Actually I am not even using NBA 2k12 as my main argument. It's simply a pointer in the right direction. "a view of what the future holds" shall I say. It's his stats in NBA 2k12 and his improvement and dominance in NBA 2k12 COMBINED with his real life gameplay and RAW talent that sends shivers down our kings fans spines. You gotta realize that and stop being a hater.

tyfreaks brotha
11-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't know man. My 2k Gilbert Arenas is still pretty sick, I think he may still have some allstar performances in him......

Lol

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't understand what the hell the problem is. Tell me one inaccessibility of NBA 2k12. Lebron is a 98 overall because he's that damn good. Dirk is 85 because that's what he gets for not playing defense. NBA and ESPN determined these stats NOT some video game fantasist. Stop looking for loopholes and accept the truth.

The truth that only you hold. So in essence, what your claiming is, that your the boy who cried wolf while the rest of PSD are the village idiots who just don't believe the shrieks and cries of the little boy in the woods?

Hmm...

Once again, I'm asking you to answer my question,

when in the realm of either professional or amateur sports journalism has NBA 2k12 ever been the basis to validate a writers or persons' claim in an argument?

It has never been so.

Here's another way to twist your position.

If this is the case, and it is actual ESPN & NBA analysts determinations in creating these "ratings" than shouldn't they be consistently pointing to NBA 2k12 as why they argue player X over player Y?

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 06:18 PM
tyfreaks brotha sighting.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:18 PM

You know what Gilbert Arenas is still one of the best Point guards in the league and if you deny that you're just freaking blind. The guy has been injured WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? He also got drafted to a rival team. Sometimes that's hard on people and you have to understand what he's going through. Give him a few years and Gilbert will be putting up decent numbers again. He has to make that adjustment. Besides why would they be paying him 100 million for nothing? Obviously he's worth something.

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Actually I am not even using NBA 2k12 as my main argument. It's simply a pointer in the right direction. "a view of what the future holds" shall I say. It's his stats in NBA 2k12 and his improvement and dominance in NBA 2k12 COMBINED with his real life gameplay and RAW talent that sends shivers down our kings fans spines. You gotta realize that and stop being a hater.

:facepalm: Oh so your not using NBA 2k12 as your main argument, but your using NBA 2k12 to show the proof as to why it "sends shivers down our kings fans spines." ?

You seriously should take a logic class.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:20 PM
The truth that only you hold. So in essence, what your claiming is, that your the boy who cried wolf while the rest of PSD are the village idiots who just don't believe the shrieks and cries of the little boy in the woods?

Hmm...

when in the realm of either professional or amateur sports journalism has NBA 2k12 ever been the basis to validate a writers or persons' claim in an argument?

It has never been so.

If this is the case, and it is actual ESPN & NBA analysts determinations in creating these "ratings" than shouldn't they be consistently pointing to NBA 2k12 as why they argue player X over player Y?
Fine, even so if the perhaps in the slightest chances, your point is valid, SO WHAT. Like you said it's a damn video game for crying out loud. I'm not talking about games I'm talking about the truth. Look at his game-play this summer look at his interviews this summer. Look at intensity when he's trying to win.

Gators123
11-05-2011, 06:20 PM
You know what Gilbert Arenas is still one of the best Point guards in the league and if you deny that you're just freaking blind. The guy has been injured WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? He also got drafted to a rival team. Sometimes that's hard on people and you have to understand what he's going through. Give him a few years and Gilbert will be putting up decent numbers again. He has to make that adjustment. Besides why would they be paying him 100 million for nothing? Obviously he's worth something.

:laugh2: Oh wow, This is funny!

CousinsEvansDUO
11-05-2011, 06:22 PM
You've asked me questions. Now it's my turn. Tell me a player who's more intense than cousins and who's more dominant than cousins when he is trying his hardest to win. *cricket* *cricket* That's right nobody.

daleja424
11-05-2011, 06:23 PM
this is actually the dumbest thread I have ever seen on PSD...and that is saying A LOT!

PocketKings
11-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Fine, even so if the perhaps in the slightest chances, your point is valid, SO WHAT. Like you said it's a damn video game for crying out loud. I'm not talking about games I'm talking about the truth. Look at his game-play this summer look at his interviews this summer. Look at intensity when he's trying to win.

Slightest chances that my point is valid? My point is 100% valid.

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES THOUGH KID!

You are using video games as your proof as to why you believe Cousins will be of equal playing plane as Howard.

Look at his game-play this summer? Where has he played? Who has he played against?

Interviews? Really? I didn't know that basketball became a game of dialogue.

Intensity? Really? I didn't know basketball became a game of who can be the hypest individual?

knicks=love
11-05-2011, 06:24 PM

:laugh: :laugh: with or without a gun?

god, i would love to see you build a redraft team and see how ****** it is.

tyfreaks brotha
11-05-2011, 06:24 PM

Hmm...

It has never been so.

If this is the case, and it is actual ESPN & NBA analysts determinations in creating these "ratings" than shouldn't they be consistently pointing to NBA 2k12 as why they argue player X over player Y? what about 2k11 :D

tyfreaks brotha sighting. boss.

ManRam
11-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Not sure if serious.

1. Who cares...poor logic.
2. Incredibly laughable logic.
3. Passing is so important for centers!
4. Should have, would have, could have...wasn't. Doesn't matter either.
5. We'll see about that. Have you met him before. I've seen plenty people his age more mature than him.
6. Unmatched...but still not at all like Dwight's.
7. Haha.

Now checking to see if dupe...

Corey
11-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Alright, this thread went nowhere fast. Make a thread in player comparisons or the Kings forum if you want to talk about the greatness that is "DeMarcus Cousins".

Sorry to the few people that put in the time to legitimately respond to this thread.