PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant: Kobe would beat LeBron in one-on-one

Longhornfan1234
11-04-2011, 03:46 PM
:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvWxE97FwAI&feature=player_embedded

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 03:52 PM
In a game of one on one with no post game and a streaky jumpshot how does that deserve a facepalm. Is ur opinion greater than KD who actually plays against these guys.

Longhornfan1234
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
In a game of one on one with no post game and a streaky jumpshot how does that deserve a facepalm. Is ur opinion greater than KD who actually plays against these guys.

Kobe's old legs cant stand in front of LeBron..

LeBron would lock him up.

sixer04fan
11-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I think Kobe could definitely beat Lebron in one-on-one...

sep11ie
11-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Does dribbling count in this one on one game?

KnicksorBust
11-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Exactly. Kobe's still got quick hands too. He is one of the best 2way players of all-time and still close enough to his prime to at least play LeBron even. I think Lebron would have a tough time dealing with Kobe's arsenal.

SA5195
11-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I agree with him.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Did Kobe have a tragic accident??? Lots of guys are quicker than him now. I wonder how he still scores?

Cano4prez
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM

LeBron has a better shot..

shep33
11-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Both are unreal players, and Lebron is ahead of Kobe at this point (I mean he's 7 years younger guys). But in a game of one on one, I'd take Kobe. A lot of Lebron's points are scored via pick and roll, whereas most of Kobe's are scored in isolation. Lebron never actually thrives on one on one isolation like MJ or Kobe do (i.e. MJ or Kobe getting the ball on the block/wing on post-up's etc.).

People say Lebron is too strong, yeah when he has a running start, but Lebron never really posts up, nor does he break people down with the dribble. To me LBJ is a couple improvements away from being unstoppable on offense. But as of right now, I'd take Kobe just because I've seen him play since he was a rook, and under the Triangle he basically scores all of his points in iso.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Both are unreal players, and Lebron is ahead of Kobe at this point (I mean he's 7 years younger guys). But in a game of one on one, I'd take Kobe. A lot of Lebron's points are scored via pick and roll, whereas most of Kobe's are scored in isolation. Lebron never actually thrives on one on one isolation like MJ or Kobe do (i.e. MJ or Kobe getting the ball on the block/wing on post-up's etc.).

People say Lebron is too strong, yeah when he has a running start, but Lebron never really posts up, nor does he break people down with the dribble. To me LBJ is a couple improvements away from being unstoppable on offense. But as of right now, I'd take Kobe just because I've seen him play since he was a rook, and under the Triangle he basically scores all of his points in iso.

This...

nyyfan4life
11-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Durant was being humble but he can beat both I think. His shooting ability and range is crazy.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 04:14 PM

This deserves a facepalm. Kobe with a bad finger and bad legs still shoots better than Lebron. Lebron has no confidence in his jumper and it showed in the finals. I'm sure you will point to his pct this season to prove your point. One good season does not make him a better shooter. If a shot depended on my life and yours between those 2 I'll put flowers on your coffin.

blahblahyoutoo
11-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Does dribbling count in this one on one game?

better question is does crab dribbling count.

Big Zo
11-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Both of them would take a dump on Kevin Durant.

Lim
11-04-2011, 04:24 PM
kobes game is suited for 1v1. so him

Dade County
11-04-2011, 04:29 PM
D wade will beat all 3 of them.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Now that I could see.

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Melo would destroy all four of them.

City
11-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok?

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Here is my take:

Kobe and Lebron on there worst day - Kobe destroys Lebron because Lebron won't be able stay with Kobe and Kobe will drive past him
Kobe and Lebron on a bad day - Lebron wins a close game (1 or 2 baskets)
Kobe and Lebron on an average day - Kobe wins a competitive game and wins by 2 - 5 baskets
Kobe and Lebron on a good day - back and forth extremely competitive could go either way might put a line on it of Kobe +0.5
Kobe and Lebron on there best day - Lebron embarrasses Kobe, Lebron's d would be unstoppable and he would be blocking Kobe and Kobe would not be able to get a good shot off

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Melo wouldn't be competitive with any of those 4 one on one. Melo can't spell or identify clutch or defense. He is also not nearly as athletic as any of those 3. Yes offensively he has it but that is all he has and in one on one you need more.

kntresistheheat
11-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I think Kobe has to much pride and is a major competitor, He won't let himself lose against the best player in basketball RIGHT NOW (lebron). In other words, He has more heart. That is coming from heat fan :) On that note: this might sound like I am contradicting myself...but it would be a close game and I think lebron can win. Either way, it would be fun to watch!

GREATNESS ONE
11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
:nod:

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Melo wouldn't be competitive with any of those 4 one on one. Melo can't spell or identify clutch or defense. He is also not nearly as athletic as any of those 3. Yes offensively he has it but that is all he has and in one on one you need more.

Stopped reading after u said Clutch!!.. And he's more athletic than his build lets on. Quick second jump as well as a mean post game. He's prob the most complete player offensively of the bunch with Kobe slowing down. And Melo has gotten the better of Lebron in head to head matchups. Does that mean he's better than all 4 guys no. But what u suggest is off base.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I think Kobe has to much pride and is a major competitor, He won't let himself lose against the best player in basketball RIGHT NOW (lebron). In other words, He has more heart. That is coming from heat fan :) On that note: this might sound like I am contradicting myself...but it would be a close game and I think lebron can win. Either way, it would be fun to watch!

Agreed... Totally get where ur coming from

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2011, 04:56 PM

:laugh2:

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 04:59 PM

You sir made me laugh with your comment, Melo is best at defending one on one not at team defense. He would be too strong for either Kobe or Wade and he would just have too many moves for lbj to stop. Melo is the player that would be unstoppable on one on one. Remember Kobe trying to defend Melo couple years ago, lol Melo was just beasting.

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 05:01 PM
:laugh2:

The biggest Melo hater is back im going to love posting on psd for the next 4-5 years while Melo makes all his haters swallow all the hate.:D

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
The biggest Melo hater is back im going to love posting on psd for the next 4-5 years while Melo makes all his haters swallow all the hate.:D

We'll all be waiting

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2011, 05:06 PM
You sir made me laugh with your comment, Melo is best at defending one on one not at team defense. He would be too strong for either Kobe or Wade and he would just have too many moves for lbj to stop. Melo is the player that would be unstoppable on one on one. Remember Kobe trying to defend Melo couple years ago, lol Melo was just beasting.

I'm sorry to say to you but melo's man to man defense is atrocious

blahblahyoutoo
11-04-2011, 05:07 PM

i hope you mean 4 on 1.
otherwise you'd just be stating the obvious.

RCarlson85
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
No way. Kobe isn't the same player anymore. He's getting older and slowing down. He couldn't handle Lebron on either side of the ball. People need to accept that Kobe is getting older and not able to play at the same level that he did in his prime.

I'm not trying to hate on Kobe, but it's just a reality. He's still a very good player, but he just can't be expected to do what he did in his prime. That's just how it goes as players get older.

BALLER R
11-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Kobe's game is more one-on-one than lebrons. Don't mean to be rude but a couple people said lebron would lock down kobe, Do you guys watch basketball? one-on-one Lebron is not gonna lock down kobe don't be foolish now

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 05:12 PM

You type pretty well for someone that is blind.

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 05:12 PM

You have clearly not watched this guy play or are just blind with hate, Melo is a pretty good one on one defender its his team defense that needs help.

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 05:13 PM
We'll all be waiting

And in 10 years we'll be well now that was anti climactic with all the waiting you would have thought something would have happened I guess he really wasn't that good.

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 05:13 PM
i hope you mean 4 on 1.
otherwise you'd just be stating the obvious.

1 on 1 Melo would be my pick to win followed by Lebron.

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 05:16 PM
You type pretty well for someone that is blind.

lol no need to attack me, but if you cant see that melo has his game built to beast on 1 on 1 i dont know what to tell you. I'm sure you still hurt from the game winner melo hit on the sixers this past season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2011, 05:17 PM
You have clearly not watched this guy play or are just blind with hate, Melo is a pretty good one on one defender its his team defense that needs help.

Dont remember who posted the numbers but melo was somewhere around 400th in one on one defense.

ddhulett
11-04-2011, 05:18 PM
not an easy pick but I would take Kobe he's the better shooter and that's my only reasoning.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM

It's really not.. Its no worse than Durant, Dirk etc etc. He showed positive signs in Ny on that end of the floor.

PleaseBeNice
11-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Not of fan of either but LeBron would win IMO

Bruno
11-04-2011, 05:22 PM
several of LBJs advantages over Kobe (superiority in rebounding team defense and play-making) don't come into play during a 1 v. 1 matchup. Age also favors Bryants disadvantage. He wouldn't be putting as much strain on his body as he would in a 5-5 game (not running full court, chasing players off screens, focusing on switches/rover). The matchup puts an emphasis on Kobes area of offensive expertise. LeBron could win, but he'd need to take Kobe to the paint and lock him up.

Arizas, Barnes, and Durants claim is fair. also worthy to note that KD idolized Kobe in his youth and Ariza/Barnes have been teammates of Kobe.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:23 PM
lol no need to attack me, but if you cant see that melo has his game built to beast on 1 on 1 i dont know what to tell you. I'm sure you still hurt from the game winner melo hit on the sixers this past season.

He was shooting from each side of Philly that game.. It was crazy !!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2011, 05:24 PM
It's really not.. Its no worse than Durant, Dirk etc etc. He showed positive signs in Ny on that end of the floor.

his defense was actually same or even worse in the knicks, it may have looked better because the knicks surrounded him with worse defensive players than the nuggets.

But the fact is his defense was not better when he was traded to the NY.

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 05:24 PM

First I've said for years he is not clutch and is highly overrated.

Secondly to prove he is a good defender you bring up a game winner because sentence 1 talks about his defense and sentence 2 about a shot. So you are do nothing to make you case and contradict yourself.

As far as 1 regular season game I don't really care about any one game. What I care about is how far my teams go and with that said my team won a playoff game against a better team then you guys failed to win a game against.

The one game you should have one had Melo standing right next to a lose ball in the closing seconds, if he had heart he grabs that ball, if had clutch or a sense of the game he gets that ball, and he is nothing more than a scorer, guys like Amar'e, Melo, TO, and Randy Moss only ever go so far because they aren't winners but they are great at one specific thing so people tend to overrate them.

He is a stat that only cares about what he does not his team and that is why he would lose to the 4 guys mentioned (Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Durant) in one on one.

ModernDaySavage
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Lebron is the best player in the NBA. That being said, Kobe would win a game of 1v1 easily. The only way Lebron wins is if he can just hit every one of his fadeaways that he'd be forced into. He wouldn't blow by Kobe as much as people would like to think.

The top 3 1v1 players in the league would have to be Wade, Melo, and Kobe in no specific order....Any one would beat any one depending on the day, period.

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 05:27 PM
several of LBJs advantages over Kobe (age/prime, superiority in rebounding team defense and play-making) don't come into play during a 1 v. 1 matchup. Kobe isn't putting as much strain on his body as he would in a 5-5 game. The matchup puts an emphasis on Kobes area of offensive expertise. LeBron could win, but he'd need to take Kobe to the paint and lock him up.

Arizas, Barnes, and Durants claim is fair. also worthy to note that KD idolized Kobe in his youth and Ariza/Barnes have been teammates of Kobe.

Very true, that his teamates would put Kobe over Lebron but i do think Kobe would have a chance even with Lebron being bigger and stronger. Kobe would not have to run so much and just let his back to the basket game do the talking.

on another do you think any of those guys could really beat melo one on one?

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
several of LBJs advantages over Kobe (age/prime, superiority in rebounding team defense and play-making) don't come into play during a 1 v. 1 matchup. Kobe isn't putting as much strain on his body as he would in a 5-5 game. The matchup puts an emphasis on Kobes area of offensive expertise. LeBron could win, but he'd need to take Kobe to the paint and lock him up.

his defense was actually same or even worse in the knicks, it may have looked better because thOe knicks surrounded him with worse defensive players than the nuggets.

But the fact is his defense was not better when he was traded to the NY.

It maybe hard for you to believe but he did play good d in NY. I understand the game and im not judging him in comparison with any1 on the Knicks . I was shocked bcuz I didn't expect it. He's a capable defender when focused.

shep33
11-04-2011, 05:31 PM
It'd be close, I'd still take Kobe just because he's scored nearly 28K points, a majority of which are in Iso's from the Triangle. If this was kobe in his prime though, I mean that's a whole different story. Along with MJ Prime kobe was IMO the best one on one player in league history. When his jumper was falling (often did), there was no way you could guard him. He'd go post, then hit a three, then go post again, drive by you on a one on one iso... absolutely dominant.

That doesn't mean LBJ isn't great, cause the guy is a beast.

Avenged
11-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Probably.

If they played 10 times, I'd say it would be around a 50/50 split.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:32 PM

Secondly to prove he is a good defender you bring up a game winner because sentence 1 talks about his defense and sentence 2 about a shot. So you are do nothing to make you case and contradict yourself.

As far as 1 regular season game I don't really care about any one game. What I care about is how far my teams go and with that said my team won a playoff game against a better team then you guys failed to win a game against.

The one game you should have one had Melo standing right next to a lose ball in the closing seconds, if he had heart he grabs that ball, if had clutch or a sense of the game he gets that ball, and he is nothing more than a scorer, guys like Amar'e, Melo, TO, and Randy Moss only ever go so far because they aren't winners but they are great at one specific thing so people tend to overrate them.

He is a stat that only cares about what he does not his team and that is why he would lose to the 4 guys mentioned (Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Durant) in one on one.

You do realize he leads the league in game winners over the course of a few years. How is that not Clutch??? Kobe sits right behind him in that category

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 05:33 PM

First off Melo has being clutch for his whole career and stats prove that, second i was stating his game against the sixers as your reason for hating him. Melo has won championships in high school and college so i dont know what you are talking about with him just being a stat you sir are just a hater.:)

ModernDaySavage
11-04-2011, 05:33 PM

Sorry sir, but that is pretty laughable.

EDIT: and to say all you care about is how far your team goes in the playoffs, and brag about your teaming getting massacred 4-1 instead of the other team 4-0....That is a bit of a joke also, end result is the absolute same.

truther
11-04-2011, 05:34 PM

what was that about he just stood there and was like whatever too lazy to pick it up.

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 05:35 PM
You do realize he leads the league in game winners over the course of a few years. How is that not Clutch??? Kobe sits right behind him in that category

Clutch isn't just 1 shot late in a game.

If you let a team come back or take the lead or fail to hold a lead then you aren't clutch.

He hits those shots because he has to take them because he isn't clutch enough to prevent it 30 seconds or a minute earlier. Kobe hits the shots because he is taking over a game and Melo is letting games slip away.

STATS DO NOT TELL THE HOW OR THE WHY ONLY THE WHAT. If you live on stats you miss the real story.

edit:

And to make this on topic since its not about Melo its about Durant, Lebron and Kobe.

I'd love to see that one on one and see if Kobe or Lebron would prove me wrong.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:40 PM

If you let a team come back or take the lead or fail to hold a lead then you aren't clutch.

He hits those shots because he has to take them because he isn't clutch enough to prevent it 30 seconds or a minute earlier. Kobe hits the shots because he is taking over a game and Melo is letting games slip away.
STATS DO NOT TELL THE HOW OR THE WHY ONLY THE WHAT. If you live on stats you miss the real story.

edit:

And to make this on topic since its not about Melo its about Durant, Lebron and Kobe.

Wow u really are trying to justify ur arguement with that post. Shameful
This is a horrible speculation that not only can you not prove. It just shows you are clearly hating.

truther
11-04-2011, 05:42 PM
i don't consider melo more clutch than lebron at all

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow u really are trying to justify ur arguement with that post. Shameful

No its called defending my point of view and in a debate its what someone does.

Shameful is not being man enough to defend your view and post something like you have when proven wrong.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:47 PM
By your logic Lebron is thee most unclutch player ever. And Iggy has no clutch gene either. He's known to hit the backboard only in clutch situations. My post just like ur post has zero merit. We are both making things up. U obviously dislike Melo and that's fine but making stuff up to prove a point isnt cool bro

edit:

basketfan4life
11-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony are the two players who are ridicuolusly underrated by psd i don't now what to say.

as for the topic, i know lebron is better than both Kobe and Melo at this stage of their carreers but Kobe has a shot at lebron in a one on one game and i am certainly sure Melo would crap all ove bron in a one on one game, this is no team game and people just talk out of their arses...

And i am aware people expect an explosion from lebron next season i expect the same from Carmelo,i say watch out.

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 05:49 PM
By your logic Lebron is thee most unclutch player ever. And Iggy has no clutch gene either. He's known to hit the backboard only in clutch situations. My post just ur post has zero merit. We are both making things up. U obviously dislike Melo and that's fine but making stuff up to prove a point isnt cool bro

Lol I feel sorry for you and I am moving on and not going to respond to again. Making stuff up you are funny.

To other Knicks fans I do not judge you by his posts.

Lets back on topic people.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
i don't consider melo more clutch than lebron at all

beasted86
11-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I always thought they should add a one on one segment to the all star break.

Start off with 4 players. Two games of one on one, then final. First to 7 points by ones.

StanfordChamps
11-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Kobe is not 26 anymore period. This would be a different story if he was in his prime but he's NOT!

truther
11-04-2011, 05:54 PM

when melo closes out two elite teams with the best defense in the league back to back than call me melo just hits flashy really meaningless regular season winners.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:56 PM
No its called defending my point of view and in a debate its what someone does.

Shameful is not being man enough to defend your view and post something like you have when proven wrong.

How did you prove me wrong lol. U clearly wrote a horrible response to something that shows the guy is clutch.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 05:59 PM
when melo closes out two elite teams with the best defense in the league back to back than call me melo just hits flashy really meaningless regular season winners.

NOT THAT HARD WHEN U HAVE WADE AND BOSH. He beasted on Detroit and Orlando. He disappeard against Boston(cavs season) & Dallas. Lebron cant be called a clutch player at the moment.

ivylleague1'
11-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Please define one on one.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2011, 06:06 PM

:confused:

Da Knicks
11-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony are the two players who are ridicuolusly underrated by psd i don't now what to say.

as for the topic, i know lebron is better than both Kobe and Melo at this stage of their carreers but Kobe has a shot at lebron in a one on one game and i am certainly sure Melo would crap all ove bron in a one on one game, this is no team game and people just talk out of their arses...

And i am aware people expect an explosion from lebron next season i expect the same from Carmelo,i say watch out.

Kobe and Melo are always underrated here on psd but whats new, as far as one on one if Kobe was not so old I would say he would kill Lebron very easily since Lebron does not have a game built for one on one. Eventhough Kobe is old I think he would still have a chance since his game translates better to one on one. Melo vs Lbj would not be fair with Melo just abusing him in the low post.

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2011, 06:15 PM

I'll indulge you on the slight chance this is a real comment.

1 player verse 1 other player on half a court playing against each other to a set number of points.

Chi City23
11-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow I'm a Bulls fan and I can't believe the people who think Melo wouldn't hold his own against Lebron or Kobe. Melo is one of the best 1 on 1 players in the league. He's got a post game, jumper, fadeaway, range.. you name it! ... and I hate all things Knicks related lol

RaiderLakersA's
11-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Just couldn't make it through the week without at least one LeBron v. Kobe thread, could we?

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Wow I'm a Bulls fan and I can't believe the people who think Melo wouldn't hold his own against Lebron or Kobe. Melo is one of the best 1 on 1 players in the league. He's got a post game, jumper, fadeaway, range.. you name it! ... and I hate all things Knicks related lol

It's rediculous when the arguement turns to Melo hits shots cuz he let the game slip and Kobe does it taking over games. Bias at its finest.

Chi City23
11-04-2011, 06:26 PM
^^ lol yeah that post was pretty hilarious. I hope he doesn't really believe the crap he was saying.

whitemamba33
11-04-2011, 06:27 PM
I think the closest we would ever get to this game actually happening is LeBron saying he's going to do it next year, and then b$#$%ing out when the time comes....ala dunk contest.

ManRam
11-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Good to know!

Jay
11-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Ultimately, it'll come down to who has more heart and drive = Kobe.

ManRam
11-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Ultimately, it'll come down to who has more heart and drive = Kobe.

Or just who's better...

Evolution23
11-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Both of them would take a dump on Kevin Durant.

Jay
11-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Or just who's better...

When talent is a wash, those intangibles will matter some.

MTar786
11-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Seriously, some PSD posters are ********. if its one on one kobe would KILL lebron. lebron could be the better player overall at this stage of kobes career. but lebrons is not beating kobe at one on one.. no way

ivylleague1'
11-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I'll indulge you on the slight chance this is a real comment.

1 player verse 1 other player on half a court playing against each other to a set number of points.

Thanks.

ModernDaySavage
11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Just couldn't make it through the week without at least one LeBron v. Kobe thread, could we?

Why does it bother you? If you see either name in the title, just don't open it. He's making a threat about a video posted that he saw, not just starting a Kobe vs Lebron thread out of the blue because he's a fanboy of either one.....although that is a high possibility here.

Teeboy1487
11-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Don't see why the initial post deserves a face palm. Kobe has a better shot than anyone beating Lebron one on one. Honestly, I would be more interested in Wade vs Kobe or Durant vs Lebron. I love position battles.

truther
11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
NOT THAT HARD WHEN U HAVE WADE AND BOSH. He beasted on Detroit and Orlando. He disappeard against Boston(cavs season) & Dallas. Lebron cant be called a clutch player at the moment.

and melo beasted on who exactly since he only won 2 series in his 9 year career. if lebron isn't clutch than melo isn't unless you value being clutch in the regualr season over being clucht in the playoffs.

truther
11-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Seriously, some PSD posters are ********. if its one on one kobe would KILL lebron. lebron could be the better player overall at this stage of kobes career. but lebrons is not beating kobe at one on one.. no way

okay i believe kobe would win but how is it ******** to think otherwise lol c'mon at his size with his ball handling skills i doubt anyone would kill him in a one on one game

rockbottom2010
11-04-2011, 07:37 PM
durant wants to talk garbage so he can make it controversial

Underdogz∞
11-04-2011, 08:16 PM
and Kevin Durant would likely beat them both anyway Go Heat!

showtym24
11-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I love KD. So humble. And yea he's right.

mlisica19
11-04-2011, 09:40 PM
This is ONE on ONE. This is not James getting the ball at half court running full speed while Kobe has to start at the free throw line.

Kobe is one of the most versatile players. He has the eye of the tiger. He has learned several styles of offense and is already considered one of the best and smartest defenders. Kobe played one on one with Duncan and learned that weird angle bank shot. lol

I think Kobe has the best chance to win

Ill21
11-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I think Kobe would win

lakersiznumber1
11-04-2011, 10:15 PM
its not only durant who said kobe better 95 % of the league says kobe is better and kobe is better. 1 injury year and kobe hater b like oh yea kobe finish u haters r on crack. sTOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA WITH THERE BS TRYIN 2 BUILD a new star hes a good player but he aint ready 2 b a great one yet.watch out 4 kobe he'll be back healthier then ever and that scary he hasnt had rest in how much years jus think about it. Hes a beast players like him play until there 40 hes like robert parrish they know how to keep there body fit. When i see lebron i see vince carter when he use to be in toronto kobe the best end of discussion

truther
11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
its not only durant who said kobe better 95 % of the league says kobe is better and kobe is better. 1 injury year and kobe hater b like oh yea kobe finish u haters r on crack. sTOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA WITH THERE BS TRYIN 2 BUILD a new star hes a good player but he aint ready 2 b a great one yet.watch out 4 kobe he'll be back healthier then ever and that scary he hasnt had rest in how much years jus think about it. Hes a beast players like him play until there 40 hes like robert parrish they know how to keep there body fit. When i see lebron i see vince carter when he use to be in toronto kobe the best end of discussion

yii bwoy bronz is vince carter mannzz i agreez forealzz :facepalm:

mdm692
11-04-2011, 10:37 PM
lebron, as great as he is, will not be the next mj like kobe was/is i truly believe kevin durant will be the face of the nba in this next decade with him winning multiple rings before he retires.

ewmania
11-04-2011, 10:38 PM

hahahha at this

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-04-2011, 10:38 PM
and melo beasted on who exactly since he only won 2 series in his 9 year career. if lebron isn't clutch than melo isn't unless you value being clutch in the regualr season over being clucht in the playoffs.

Lebron might not have even had that if he played out west. The east was pitiful until maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Sub .500 teams makin the playoffs. If Lebron is sooo clutch how come the knock on him is not being clutch. When people say clutch Lebron is an after thought . Wade, Kobe, Melo , Dirk are always mentioned b4 Lebron is thought about.

truther
11-04-2011, 10:43 PM
lebron, as great as he is, will not be the next mj like kobe was/is i truly believe kevin durant will be the face of the nba in this next decade with him winning multiple rings before he retires.

lebron is following a different mj(johnson) his game is most similar to his i don't know why people compare him to jordan, jordan was the most offensively dominant scorer the league has ever seen, hope you're right about durant if he brings mulitple championships to okc that would be great im really rooting for him.

truther
11-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Lebron might not have even had that if he played out west. The east was pitiful until maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Sub .500 teams makin the playoffs. If Lebron is sooo clutch how come the knock on him is not being clutch. When people say clutch Lebron is an after thought . Wade, Kobe, Melo , Dirk are always mentioned b4 Lebron is thought about.

well dirk was always considered a choker before this year, and no one can call guys who win chips chokers. and im sorry melo isn't the celebrity lebron is everything lebron does is held under a microscope, really this yeat was the only year where i heard people call lebron unclutch because he was like 1-9 on game winners or something i never heard it before this year,

doesn't even matter about what conf he was in he proved he can win playoff series by himself, he proved how cluch he can be in the playoffs and unless melo shows he can successfully close out a series the way lebron has done i don't think i can call him more clutch, maybe i can say hes the better regular season clutch player.

JAyster_21
11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Although Lebron is more talented than kobe now and heck of anyone in the league fact is kobe would beat lebron 1on1 becuz his competive drive is stronger than lebrons. Might jus be a little pick up game but knowing kobe he would seriously go after lebron. It would be nothing to lebron becuz its jus for fun he'd would probably check out he even checked out when there was a championship on the line...

D-Amazins
11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
several of LBJs advantages over Kobe (superiority in rebounding team defense and play-making) don't come into play during a 1 v. 1 matchup. Age also favors Bryants disadvantage. He wouldn't be putting as much strain on his body as he would in a 5-5 game (not running full court, chasing players off screens, focusing on switches/rover). The matchup puts an emphasis on Kobes area of offensive expertise. LeBron could win, but he'd need to take Kobe to the paint and lock him up.

T-Mac was KD's idol growing up.

ldawg
11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
I saw many holes in Lebrons game last year. He is not as good as some may think if he can't run the open floor or not allowed to run over folks.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2011, 11:06 PM
and Kevin Durant would likely beat them both!

This.

truther
11-04-2011, 11:06 PM
T-Mac was KD's idol growing up.

you can have more than one idol no?

Hawkeye15
11-04-2011, 11:08 PM
I hope nobody is in here talking about a 1-1 contest meaning anything. I am not going to even bother reading this honestly. There are guys like Rashad McCants that could take apart multiple NBA shooting guards 1-1, but that doesn't mean a damn thing in the team game of NBA basketball.

Who cares who would win 1-1. Seriously.

beasted86
11-04-2011, 11:12 PM
I recall Michael Jordan in SLAM magazine some years ago talking about how Chris Jackson (Mahmoud Abdul Rauf) skunked him 7-0 in a game of 1 on 1. It was some sort of demonstration in a camp of how team defense is important and nobody can consistently stop anyone 1 on 1.

mdm692
11-04-2011, 11:22 PM
lebron is following a different mj(johnson) his game is most similar to his i don't know why people compare him to jordan, jordan was the most offensively dominant scorer the league has ever seen, hope you're right about durant if he brings mulitple championships to okc that would be great im really rooting for him.

that is very true he should switch to pg in which he would be very efficient. But i dont know i just see durant and his work ethic and swag just screams out success and i cant help to think he will win multiple championships with the right pieces of course.

Sadds The Gr8
11-04-2011, 11:27 PM
he's right. Kobe would own Lechoke

Toxeryll
11-04-2011, 11:30 PM
im picking kobe, he dominates in iso. lebron on the other hand needs a running start to drive which he cant do when playing one on one

AndyfromNeptune
11-04-2011, 11:41 PM
In terms of being a 1 on 1 contest throughout the entire league I'd take

1. Dirk
2. Kobe
3. Melo
4. Durant
5. Wade
6. JR Smith

In terms of being a Kobe vs Lebron thing.. its clearly Kobe. It always will be. Lebrons game is not made for the ISO. Hes a point forward. He directs traffic. He controls the tempo. He pounds the ball. Hes more likely to get a triple double.. but scoring titles are not going to be the highlight of his career.

While with Kobe, he's a true shooting guard. His game is tailored towards isolation.

Now in regards to Melo vs Lebron. Again Melo's game is tailored towards scoring. Not triple doubles but putting the ball in the hoop. As we've seen time and time again Melo also can guard Lebron as well. Not stop him. But competitively guard him.

To me, Melo is underappreciated in terms of his clutch ability. Wasnt there a statistic last year that said under 2 min a game with a +- scoring differential of 2 points, Melo shot 44% for his entire career--a league best?

naps
11-05-2011, 03:09 AM
I take Kobe if his fade away jumper is on; Otherwise, I can't see him beating LeBron. LeBron is too strong and too quick for Kobe to beat him off the dribble. On the other hand, LeBron can hammer his way to basket at anytime one on one.

I, however, take Wade over both.

Zefflin
11-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Kobe is still better, and always will be.

naps
11-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Kobe is still better, and always will be.

True, as long as he breathes because he's God.

GSP
11-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Kobe Bryant !!!! ... but it wud also depend on how many steps they allow the players to take inclusive of the bunny hop !!

ldawg
11-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Kobe Bryant !!!! ... but it wud also depend on how many steps they allow the players to take inclusive of the bunny hop !!don't forget lebron walking crab dribble

jneises21
11-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure Lebron has said already that Kobe would beat him in a 1 on 1

Corey
11-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I honestly think that Carmelo could play anyone point for point in a game of one on one.

I dont even like Carmelo. :shrug:

Atownballa5
11-05-2011, 11:49 AM

yes his final appearances and multiple rings prove Lebron has the better shot..

nickdymez
11-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Lebron has said already that Kobe would beat him in a 1 on 1

Its funny because Lebron would say it, KD, Kobe, etc.. But people here at psd would still argue it...

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Its funny because Lebron would say it, KD, Kobe, etc.. But people here at psd would still argue it...

You got that right. God Almighty, the creator of all human life, could come down here and say Kobe is better one on one and people would probably try to argue him with advanced stats!

truther
11-05-2011, 01:17 PM

yeah, one on one is kobes thing i dont think anyone can beat him even at this stage of his career, and if we're talking his prime wow if he can drop 81 and 63 thorugh three quarters on nba defense while being doubled,tripled while playing on a team with no other player could create for himself imagine what he would do to someone one on one.

beliges
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Kobe's the most skilled out there. Nobody has the combination of fundamentals, skills, talent and dedication to the game like he does. One on one it would be extremely difficult to beat a guy with such a wide arsenal of footwork and ability. Lebron on the other hand is the most athletically gifted player to ever play in the NBA in my opinion. His size and strength is unmatched in this league. But I dont see Lebron being an amazing one on one player. His game is not built around skill or fundamentals. It would be one hell of a matchup though, one I would not mind watching.

championships
11-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Kevin Durant is a smart kid.

smith&wesson
lebron is a better assist man where as kobe is a one on one player at heart.

SportsFanatic10
yeah, one on one is kobes thing i dont think anyone can beat him even at this stage of his career, and if we're talking his prime wow if he can drop 81 and 63 thorugh three quarters on nba defense while being doubled,tripled while playing on a team with no other player could create for himself imagine what he would do to someone one on one.

i firmly believe wade would beat kobe 1 on 1 at this point in their careers. kobe wouldn't be able to stay infront of him and wade would d him up tough and not let him get to his spots with his back to the basket just like the christmas game last year.

smith&wesson
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
kobe thinks he can do it in his sleap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDrm8YPSBE

smith&wesson
11-05-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbAh1wPoNI

smith&wesson
11-05-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r_XQrmGlgE

beliges
11-05-2011, 03:24 PM
i firmly believe wade would beat kobe 1 on 1 at this point in their careers. kobe wouldn't be able to stay infront of him and wade would d him up tough and not let him get to his spots with his back to the basket just like the christmas game last year.

Kobe size advantage over Wade coupled with his back to the basket game and his footwork would make it very very difficult for Wade to beat Kobe one on one.

Zefflin
11-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I honestly think that Carmelo could play anyone point for point in a game of one on one.

I dont even like Carmelo. :shrug:

Tis true.

C-Style
11-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Wade does most of his damage with pick n rolls I doubt he can beat Kobe.

LOOTERX9
11-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Lebron would let kobe walk all over him cause lebron is scared and has too much respect for kobe. LBJ has no killer instinct.
KOBE>LEBRON

amos1er
11-05-2011, 11:30 PM

Great post.

If I were to bet on stats, I would put my money with Lebron

If I were to bet on who would win one on one I have to go with Kobe.

I am a Laker fan, so my opinion will probly be discredited, but I am a huge fan of the NBA and have been since age 9....I am giving an honest answer, I know Kobe is older, but still don't think Lebron has enough experience or enough of an offensive arsenal to take Kobe still.

truther
11-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Great post.

If I were to bet on stats, I would put my money with Lebron

If I were to bet on who would win one on one I have to go with Kobe.

I am a Laker fan, so my opinion will probly be discredited, but I am a huge fan of the NBA and have been since age 9....I am giving an honest answer, I know Kobe is older, but still don't think Lebron has enough experience or enough of an offensive arsenal to take Kobe still.

i think most people would agree with this, i think lebrons length and athleticism on defense might be a factor though.

Raph12
11-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Kobe would beat Lebron 1v1... A better matchup would be Wade, who I think would likely beat Kobe at this point.

ink
11-06-2011, 01:08 AM
I haven't read any of the thread but didn't Kobe himself say that he would beat Lebron because Lebron's game isn't a 1on1 game? Kobe's game is. Simple. 1on1 would go to Kobe.

heatwave
11-06-2011, 02:09 AM
i think D wade can take either one of them in a one on one game wade has a switch that he can guard anyone at anytime but over all i think kobe's prime has come and gone soon he'll be on medicaid watching heat games

beliges
11-06-2011, 02:07 PM
i think D wade can take either one of them in a one on one game wade has a switch that he can guard anyone at anytime but over all i think kobe's prime has come and gone soon he'll be on medicaid watching heat games

Wade wouldnt have the height or length to guard Kobe in the post. I think Kobe backs him down and scores all day when one on one.