PDA

View Full Version : More great Shaq book exerps "wanting to punch Big Baby" also disses Nate Robinson

spreadeagle
11-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I need this book in my life
“Big Baby” Davis kept looking me off and taking it himself. Doc is shouting at him to go inside, but he won’t. So Doc calls timeout and draws up a play for me. I go out there, and I back Andrew Bynum way under the rim. I’m loose, I’m ready. I’ve got Bynum under the basket and again, Baby won’t give me the ball. So I go up to him and say, “If you ever miss me again I’m going to punch you in the face.” I was hot.

Two nights later we’re playing in Sacramento and here we go again. I take three shots the entire game and again I’ve got my man isolated underneath the basket, and Baby ignores me and takes a jump shot. So the next time we’re in the huddle I let Baby have it.

I tell him, “Pass the [expletive] ball inside.” He comes back at me a little bit and now I’m really heated. All hell is breaking loose. We’re going back and forth. Doc is standing there and he’s not saying a word. The message is pretty clear: Work this out yourselves. I tell Baby, “You’re a selfish player. Everyone on this team knows it.” Hey, all the fans knew it. He takes shots when he shouldn’t.

That is not going to help Davis and his acceptance issues.

Then there is the story of why Doc Rivers never really loved Nate Robinson the way most fans did.

I wasn’t surprised at all when he got traded. Nate was always trying to get noticed by the public. He was always tweeting videos of himself punking his teammates … Some people are a little too focused on Twitter and Nate was one of them. He was too worried about how many followers he had. He kept saying, “Shaq, I need more people. Help me out.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/another-day-more-shaq-stories-today-big-baby-gets-smacked/

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I love it!

SMH!
11-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Is this book out? I want this haha

sixer04fan
11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Haha I love it

KnicksorBust
11-03-2011, 10:56 PM
As much as he became a bitter nuisance toward the end of his career, this book is a must-read. Think of all the great players he played with and all the stories he should have ready. Shaq's book will sell.

hgtiger32
11-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I put this book on my Christmas list

bagwell368
11-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, I hated Nate and I hate Davis, so a tell it like it is Shaq is fun!

Ebbs
11-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Wait is this a book in stores now?

beasted86
11-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Seems like he's lying and/or stretching the truth in a lot of these tales.

Ebbs
11-03-2011, 11:16 PM
THese excerpts from "Shaq talks back"

Avenged
11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Well judging by the responses here, he's promoting his book really well. Controversy sells even if it is BS.

Htownballa1622
11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
is this book out? I want this haha

+1

Sadds The Gr8
11-03-2011, 11:28 PM
this will be the first book i read in several years. Shaq is just snitchin out everyone

Ebbs
11-03-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm goign to chapters tommorow lol

kozelkid
11-03-2011, 11:40 PM
this will be the first book i read in several years. Shaq is just snitchin out everyone

That just explains SO much.

8lllllD
11-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I think it releases on November 15th

wizardsfan3
11-03-2011, 11:48 PM

beasted86
11-03-2011, 11:52 PM

Spam bot?

Hustlenomics
11-04-2011, 12:53 AM
thank you !! now where is Corey calling me a hater trying to argue with me about this even the damn players can see big baby was hurting the team

Angelus™
11-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Sounds likee he is gonna just let loose in this book

lakers4sho
11-04-2011, 01:06 AM

5ass
11-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Knowledge
11-04-2011, 01:28 AM

ShakeN'Bake
11-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I want this. Is this book out? haha

CousinsEvansDUO
11-04-2011, 09:15 AM
haha I want this book!!!! Is it out yet does anyone know?

WhiteWesWelker
11-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Is this want out? I book this haha

Brooklyn Mets
11-04-2011, 09:41 AM
if all of these stories are true this book is going to be hilarious and a must-read

daleja424
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
This is what is wrong with American writing these days. More people sell crap gossip stories than actual works of literature.

Why can't people just have their five minutes and move on... no one gives a **** Shaq... and the people that do give a ****... GET A LIFE!

So pathetic.

PrettyBoyJ
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Damn Shaq is going to make a lot of enemies.. Lol

RaiderLakersA's
11-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Well judging by the responses here, he's promoting his book really well. Controversy sells even if it is BS.

Exactly. This is going to sell because everyone wants the inside "scoop." It will last for about a season and then Shaq will be on everyone's **** list for the rest of his media career. Maybe the Big Enquirer hasn't quite figured out yet that he's just become the guy that he hates the most: Jim Gray.

Corey
11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
thank you !! now where is Corey calling me a hater trying to argue with me about this even the damn players can see big baby was hurting the team

Right here, chieftain.

Don't really care if Shaquille calls him selfish, big baby is still a productive bench player, and one of the celtics few legitimate free agent options.

Corey
11-04-2011, 11:24 AM
This is what is wrong with American writing these days. More people sell crap gossip stories than actual works of literature.

Why can't people just have their five minutes and move on... no one gives a **** Shaq... and the people that do give a ****... GET A LIFE!

So pathetic.

It's pathetic that people want to read something that interests them?

Well Aren't we very high and mighty...

Sadds The Gr8
11-04-2011, 11:26 AM

So pathetic.

cool story bruh

daleja424
11-04-2011, 02:29 PM
It's pathetic that people want to read something that interests them?

Well Aren't we very high and mighty...

Ya... it is. Shaq is selling books by bad mouthing every guy he ever played with. Im sorry but if you have a beef with EVERYONE, that tells me the problem is you... not everyone else.

you don't think it is pathetic that every joe schmoe who ever has anything happen to them suddenly writes a crap book? Hell I just heard this morning Kim Kardashian is "writing a book" about her wedding and divorce.

That is what is wrong with this country. That is why our academic standards are becoming increasingly abysmal.

The average American hasn't even read a single piece of classical American literature... but hell... they line up to read garbage from such well respected authors as Snookie, Kim Kardashian, Shaquille O'Neal, etc.

I am currently a teacher... so this is touchy subject for me... but when kids today don't know the meaning of some simple English words but they can define swag and green... that is problem.

tbone2171
11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
excerpts

beliges
11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Ya... it is. Shaq is selling books by bad mouthing every guy he ever played with. Im sorry but if you have a beef with EVERYONE, that tells me the problem is you... not everyone else.

you don't think it is pathetic that every joe schmoe who ever has anything happen to them suddenly writes a crap book? Hell I just heard this morning Kim Kardashian is "writing a book" about her wedding and divorce.

That is what is wrong with this country. That is why our academic standards are becoming increasingly abysmal.

The average American hasn't even read a single piece of classical American literature... but hell... they line up to read garbage from such well respected authors as Snookie, Kim Kardashian, Shaquille O'Neal, etc.

I am currently a teacher... so this is touchy subject for me... but when kids today don't know the meaning of some simple English words but they can define swag and green... that is problem.

I have no problem with someone writing about a book about their experiences. Its true that this is the type of stuff people want to read and while it does say a lot about us as a society but I have to admit, this type of reading interests me. But I do have to say this speaks loudly as to the type of person Shaq truly is. He burned bridges at every singe team he has ever played for and now he is bad mouthing the teammates he had. People were always to quick to jump on his side so I just hope this book sheds some light as to who Shaq truly was and why he had drama everywhere he every played.

Shmontaine
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
^^ i believe it's more of a biography on shaq... not an autobiography.. it's written by a sports writer

Jay
11-04-2011, 06:47 PM
The 'dog days' of the lockout has officially struck.

Hangtime
11-04-2011, 10:01 PM

So pathetic.

Yep. True that. **** this book. I won't be buying it.

Bravo95
11-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Some people are a little too focused on Twitter and Nate was one of them. He was too worried about how many followers he had. He kept saying, “Shaq, I need more people. Help me out.”
:laugh2:

Marques24kobe
11-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Shaq cracks me up. After complaining about Kobe snitching on cheating on his wife he goes and rights all this crap about everyone in the NBA. Two words come to mind when I heard this: SELL OUT. This guy has made $100s of millions of dollars and he has to put out this crap. I expect this out of Adam Morrison or someone like that but not Shaq. This guy has lost all credibility. He is funny though. Im just glad he never got lazy and fat...lol.

MJ-BULLS
11-05-2011, 01:35 AM
I must get this book.

Big Zo
11-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't see why this is news. I thought everyone wanted to punch fat baby.

Sportfan
11-05-2011, 09:20 AM

So pathetic.
Uh, I give a **** :shrug:

and how do you know he's bad mouthing everyone? It goes farther than just dissing guys out, how would you know, I didn't know you wrote the book alongside him

KnicksorBust
11-05-2011, 10:13 AM

I'm a teacher too but I'm not as eager to blame Shaq's book for the downfall of American education. You can listen to Marilyn Manson's music, watch the Jersey Shore, and read Shaq's book and still survive. I'm not ready to give the media that much power.

GiantsSwaGG
11-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Shaq is a snitch...

truther
11-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I must get this book.

KnicksR4Real
11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
my god he is such a hater

ChiSox219
11-05-2011, 01:06 PM
i don't see why this is news. I thought everyone wanted to punch fat baby.

+1

knicks_champ
11-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Shaq is snitching.... C'mon big fella.

IndyRealist
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Big Baby is a waste of roster space. Glad someone on the Celtics said it.

Chacarron
11-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Awesome. I might consider buying this book, especially if it pisses off a certain former mod.

IndiansFan337
11-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I need this book in my life

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/another-day-more-shaq-stories-today-big-baby-gets-smacked/

Big Baby is selfish. He is a chucker. Everytime I watched their games he was taking ill-advised shots instead of moving the ball around and finding the open man.

GiantsSwaGG
11-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Big Baby is a wanna be Ricky Davis...

ChiSox219
11-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Big Baby is a wanna be Ricky Davis...

:laugh:

daleja424
11-05-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm a teacher too but I'm not as eager to blame Shaq's book for the downfall of American education. You can listen to Marilyn Manson's music, watch the Jersey Shore, and read Shaq's book and still survive. I'm not ready to give the media that much power.

You misunderstand me. I blame the downfall of our system on the fact that children partake in this nonsense exclusively. They do so at the expense of their education.

IBleedPurple
11-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Spam bot?

Lol.

This book will be pretty awesome.

Tony_Starks
11-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Big Baby is such a gaylord. If he's foolish enough to leave the comfy confines of the Celtics he's going to get brought down to reality very quickly on a average team.....

beliges
11-05-2011, 08:26 PM
You misunderstand me. I blame the downfall of our system on the fact that children partake in this nonsense exclusively. They do so at the expense of their education.

The downfall of our system stems directly from the fact that the majority of these kids have dumbass idiots for parents. If youre raised right and taught values as a child, you can be exposed to anything and still think for yourself and make something productive of your life.

RaiderLakersA's
11-05-2011, 08:39 PM
The downfall of our system stems directly from the fact that the majority of these kids have dumbass idiots for parents. If youre raised right and taught values as a child, you can be exposed to anything and still think for yourself and make something productive of your life.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wade>You
11-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Shaq knows what's going on here. The 99 percenters are ganging up on the 1 percent. Good for Shaq for fighting back.

NYKNYGNYY
11-05-2011, 09:16 PM
i want it!

ghettosean
11-05-2011, 09:27 PM
And you know this how???

Were you on the Celtics too???

HeaTxRipZz
11-05-2011, 10:30 PM

Well said :clap:

mttwlsn16
11-05-2011, 11:26 PM
shaq could kill baby davis with one punch

City
11-05-2011, 11:38 PM

Yes he would lie for no reason.

Belmonts
11-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Spam bot?

What is the officer, problem?

BranWingss
11-07-2011, 10:42 AM

This, right here.

Shaq's going to say whatever the hell he wants, and people will eat it up. His book is going to sell big time. He's doing a good job promoting it.

BoSelecta!!!
11-07-2011, 12:46 PM
sounds like the nate and baby I have known

ldc62
11-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Agree with everything he said. Shaq Uncut: My Story comes out on the 15th.