PDA

View Full Version : Shaq says LeBron never listened to Mike Brown in Cleveland

Punk
11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Not sure if this was posted...

Shaquille O’Neal knows how to sell books. Make friends, not so much. But he’s going to sell copies of his new book.

We already brought you excerpts where Shaq throws Kobe Bryant under the bus (and only Brian Shaw had a level head and dealt with the situation, but you don’t want him to be the Lakers coach). And there was the part where Shaq said he didn’t back down from Pat Riley.

Next up, LeBron. And how he didn’t listen to coach Mike Brown (via Hoopsworld).

LeBron was a huge star. He was as big as I was in 2000 in L.A. when I was dominating the league. … Our coach, Mike Brown, was a nice guy, but he had to live on edge because nobody was supposed to be confrontational with LeBron. Nobody wanted him to leave Cleveland, so he was allowed to do whatever he wanted to do.

I remember one day in a film session LeBron didn’t get back on defense after a missed shot. Mike Brown didn’t say anything about it. He went to the next clip and it was Mo Williams not getting back and Mike was saying, “Yo, Mo, we can’t have that. You’ve got to hustle a little more.” So Delonte West is sitting there and he’s seen enough and he stands up and says, “Hold up, now. You can’t be pussyfooting around like that. Everyone has to be accountable for what they do, not just some us.” Mike Brown said, “I know, Delonte. I know.” Mike knew Delonte was right. …

I’m not sure if Kobe is going to listen to Mike Brown. LeBron never really did. Here’s what we do know: Kobe will definitely be in charge.

I think the Kobe and Brown dynamic will be different because of the stage of his career. Brown was handcuffed with James. Kobe and the Lakers nearing the end of a championship window and they can’t waste a year feuding with the coach. They have no choice but to buy in. Kobe may be in charge but he is passionate about things like film and studying the game. It’s a different dynamic.

But it makes you wonder how Erik Spoelstra and Pat Riley deal with LeBron. Or do they have an intermediary in Dwyane Wade who can help?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/shaq-says-lebron-never-listened-to-mike-brown-in-cleveland/

Are we surprised? Nope. I feel like this might happen with Kobe in LA though.

AndyfromNeptune
11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
this is kobe's team.

but unlike lebron, he actually knows his stuff. he knows basektball and knows how to put his team in position to win.

im not concerned.

Dade County
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I already said... The next two people that Shaq talks about, is going to be Lbj & D wade.

Shaq is aiming high and taken no prisoners.

Arch Stanton
11-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Breaking news!

Shaq is kind of annoying lately.

beliges
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
We cannot compare Kobe's situation with Mike Brown to Lebron's. As the article said, Kobe is passionate about watching tape and getting better. Lebron, not so much. At least not as much. Furthermore, Kobe is a winner and knows how to get it done. As a Laker fan, if its not Phil Jackson who leads the team, Id want nobody other than Kobe to be the leader. Well, maybe Greg Popovic but thats a moot point.

lakers4sho
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
lol I love how Shaq remembers these all these quotes word-for-word.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
haha, it was only a matter of time. Shaq talks trash about literally every player he has ever played with.

PC
11-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Didn't read the article but I don't think the same will happen with Kobe. To my understanding, the Lakers didn't even confer with Kobe before hiring Brown.

The way I see it, the Lakers are a big market team that has no trouble attracting stars and free agents whereas Cleavland was a small market team that felt like they had to give LeBron the keys to the team in order to retain him. Two opposite situations in my opinion

Sadds The Gr8
11-03-2011, 01:47 PM
people are surprised by this?

smith&wesson
11-03-2011, 01:49 PM
mike brown wont have those problems with the lakers. kobe is much more mature and older and wants to win another ship. theres no way he will start feuding with brown. also brown is pretty much gonna let kobe run the show. we all know brown is a "yes man"

Arch Stanton
11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Is Shaq the next Jose Canseco?

ILMindState
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
:speechless:
Shaq airing dirty laundry????
LeBron acting spoiled???

NOOOOO

sep11ie
11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Shaq is gonna get an infraction if he doesn't stop baiting.

Baller1
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I love Shaq.

Shkelqim
11-03-2011, 02:02 PM
He is so quick to point out everyone's faults, never his own.

What a waste of a book i swear. It's like all the people that trusted him will probably be in this book, he's losing a lot of respect from everyone.

Sadds The Gr8
11-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Shaq is gonna get an infraction if he doesn't stop baiting.

lol

DaBUU
11-03-2011, 02:03 PM
So is it safe to say Kobe will be Player/Coach this year, while Mike Brown will be his lead assistant?

Punk
11-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Big difference is Kobe wants to win but if you take him out at the wrong time, put in the wrong player or call the wrong play. He'll get mad and pissed off.

We've seen alot of times where he and Phil Jackson went at it. Even this year. Mike Brown doesn't have thick skin and the fact Kobe hasn't reached out to him and spoken to him yet is kind of proving that he did not like the coaching change.

Things like this is why people get on LeBron and it backs up EVERYTHING that was talked about this year when he had problem's listening to Spo. He isn't a coachable player. Maybe he would win something if he actually listened and was coachable.

whitemamba33
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Why are these people comparing this situation to Kobe's current situation?

Shaq is pointing out an incident that happened during his final year under contract. Obviously the Cavs wanted him to stay, so calling him out and being confrontational wasn't something that was going to be promoted. When Mike Brown said "I know" in response to Delonte West, it was because he knew what was happening was wrong, but he was following orders. That doesn't mean he's going to be a little B$##$ in LA.

Kobe and LeBron are two VERY different people.

MTar786
11-03-2011, 02:39 PM
well obviously lebron would do what he wanted. he could get away with it. Thats just like how kobe knew he could do whatever he wanted in the 3peat years.. and thats why kobes growth as a player got stunted. Thats why kobe was utter garbage in 05 but then in 06 and 07 he went berzerk. in 08 once he got good players again he took advantage of the opportunity and started winning again, buying into the system like never before. Im not worried that kobe will combust now because he has too much to lose wit brown, also the lakers wont suck up to kobe as much this time around. They know hes dying for another ring, they know his trade value is not that good anymore and they know his age plays against him now. what im trying to say is in 04 kobe said trade shaq and get rid of phil and the lakers said yes sir. now in 11 kobe would never get away with something like this. The fact the never even consulted with kobe about hiring brown is proof of what im trying to say. Kobe will buy into browns defensive philosophy but if he starts deterring from the offense and taking dumb shots all the time without reprocussions then the lakers will not win. I just dont think kobe will be dumb enough to do that next season.

Chacarron
11-03-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't see how people can compare what Lebron allegedly did with Mike Brown to what Kobe could potentially do. Kobe has matured a lot and he will do whatever it takes to lead his troops to battle once again.

NYKnickFanatic
11-03-2011, 02:51 PM
“Hold up, now. You can’t be pussyfooting around like that. Everyone has to be accountable for what they do, not just some us.”

lmao, Delonte is such a boss.

Chronz
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Cant wait for this new book

blahblahyoutoo
11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
mike brown wont have those problems with the lakers. kobe is much more mature and older and wants to win another ship. theres no way he will start feuding with brown. also brown is pretty much gonna let kobe run the show. we all know brown is a "yes man"

kobe's known to be a prima donna himself.
if the lakers are off to a bad start, i can see him throwing a tantrum again.

Sinattle
11-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Did Shaq ever talk trash about Nash?

ink
11-03-2011, 03:29 PM
This shocks me. I can't imagine Lebron ever thinking he knows more than his coach. Just can't imagine it.

Chronz
11-03-2011, 03:36 PM
He is so quick to point out everyone's faults, never his own.

What a waste of a book i swear. It's like all the people that trusted him will probably be in this book, he's losing a lot of respect from everyone.

Did Phil lose Kobes respect?

KnicksR4Real
11-03-2011, 03:37 PM
classic LBJ

Chronz
11-03-2011, 03:38 PM
lmao, Delonte is such a boss.

Agreed, the guy has the balls to stir up trouble on a championship team like the Celtics despite being on a short leash and having run out of options. Him and Tony Allen are my favorite role players.

MTar786
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
delonte didnt like seeing his son get the easy way out

zizo
11-03-2011, 04:06 PM
that explains Lebrons underachievement
al least 3 rings by now

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm dying to read this book!

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 04:47 PM
delonte didnt like seeing his son get the easy way out

hahahahahahaha

Hangtime
11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Did he ever criticize Penny? D-Wade? Nash or Stoudemire?

jrm2054
11-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I believe what he said about lebron and i want to read this book shaq is entertaining

SteBO
11-03-2011, 06:32 PM
This shocks me. I can't imagine Lebron ever thinking he knows more than his coach. Just can't imagine it.
I don't know if it's as much that, as it is LeBron not really caring. What I mean by that is, he knows that nobody is call him out on anything, especially Brown, because that isn't who Brown is as a coach. He took advantage of the situation. I'm not shocked by any of this at all honestly. CLE was put in a tough spot though, because if they displeased LeBron in any way he was outta there. LeBron has been catered to his whole life, and it doesn't help him in that spot. That was CLE's biggest mistake.

mdm692
11-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I wonder what he is going to say about nash and the terry porter experiment.

GiantsSwaGG
11-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm not surpise that LeBron didn't listen to Mike Brown...I wouldn't be surprise if the whole team didn't listen to him. Just look at him, would you listen to him?

Wisdom Listens
11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm not surpise that LeBron didn't listen to Mike Brown...I wouldn't be surprise if the whole team didn't listen to him. Just look at him, would you listen to him?

If he were telling me the specials.

truther
11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
We cannot compare Kobe's situation with Mike Brown to Lebron's. As the article said, Kobe is passionate about watching tape and getting better. Lebron, not so much. At least not as much. Furthermore, Kobe is a winner and knows how to get it done. As a Laker fan, if its not Phil Jackson who leads the team, Id want nobody other than Kobe to be the leader. Well, maybe Greg Popovic but thats a moot point.

if kobe had more control than the coach he'd be taking 40 shots a night.

naps
11-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Breaking news: Shaq starts burning bridges.

Oh, he has been doing it since his Orlando days.

beliges
11-03-2011, 07:11 PM
if kobe had more control than the coach he'd be taking 40 shots a night.

Kobe knows how to win championships. Hes only won 5 throughout his career. I think he'll be just fine having more control than the coach.

naps
11-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Next up: Wade and Nash-Amare.

So far what he said about Kobe and LeBron are true or at least most of us had guessed it but I'll be really pissed if he takes shots at Wade and Nash.

naps
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Also, I am interested to see how Mike Brown deals with Kobe. If he had troubles in Cleveland containing LeBron, then it's safe to assume that he's gonna have troubles with Kobe.

There are only a few people who can deal big time egos: Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich....then after a gap, Doc Rivers. May be I am forgetting someone but that list is not too long. I am predicting Riley takes over if Miami had an unexpected start or fails to win the championship this year.

IBleedPurple
11-03-2011, 07:25 PM
While Shaq does this a lot, I'm not surprised

beliges
11-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Also, I am interested to see how Mike Brown deals with Kobe. If he had troubles in Cleveland containing LeBron, then it's safe to assume that he's gonna have troubles with Kobe.

There are only a few people who can deal big time egos: Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich....then after a gap, Doc Rivers. May be I am forgetting someone but that list is not too long. I am predicting Riley takes over if Miami had an unexpected start or fails to win the championship this year.

Again, Lebron is no Kobe. Kobe knows how to win and has done it more than any other player in the league right now. You dont "control" Kobe. You dont have to.

naps
11-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Again, Lebron is no Kobe. Kobe knows how to win and has done it more than any other player in the league right now. You dont "control" Kobe. You dont have to.

Are you kidding me? How much do you know about Kobe? I read Phil Jackson's book "The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul." Phil described Kobe as the most "un-coachable" one. Talk to me after you read that.

EDIT: Don't just make it another Kobe vs LeBron thread for Christ sake. People are mentioning Kobe simply because Mike Brown is Kobe's coach now and Kobe has just as big of an ego if not bigger.

Teeboy1487
11-03-2011, 07:46 PM
All I can say is Jim Buss is a moron :facepalm:. The lakers are doomed.

naps
11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
All I can say is Jim Buss is a moron :facepalm:. The lakers are doomed.

Agreed. It'll be interesting to see the Lakers this season without Phil. I will be closely watching Kobe's shot attempts.

barreleffact
11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Didn't Shaq make a negative comment about Wade after he joined the Cavs to play with Lebron? Also, why diss him? Didn't he buy Lebron a Royce or some really expensive car for his birthday?

naps
11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Didn't Shaq make a negative comment about Wade after he joined the Cavs to play with Lebron? Also, why diss him? Didn't he buy Lebron a Royce or some really expensive car for his birthday?

Are you really surprised?

The truth is ***** happen in every locker room. Most people don't let it out, Shaq does. That's the difference.

beliges
11-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Are you kidding me? How much do you know about Kobe? I read Phil Jackson's book "The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul." Phil described Kobe as the most "un-coachable" one. Talk to me after you read that.

EDIT: Don't just make it another Kobe vs LeBron thread for Christ sake. People are mentioning Kobe simply because Mike Brown is Kobe's coach now and Kobe has just as big of an ego if not bigger.

Huh? If Kobe was so un-coachable why would he come back and coach him? Also you do realize that this un-coachable guy has 5 titles right. I dont care whether youre coachable or not. All that matters is whether you win. Id rather have a guy that is not coachable and wins vs having a guy whose coachable but fails. The only reason Kobe was even brought in this conversation is to point out that Lebron is no Kobe and letting Kobe run the team as opposed to Mike Brown would not hinder the Lakers as much as it hindered the Cavs.

JDMVP
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
The guy is simply trying to sell his book, i meant what do u expect he would write in his book???Kobe's greatness?? LB this and that??? The guy is just simply trying to sell his book.
On the Mike Brown situation, unlike LeBron, Kobe already knows what it takes to WIN. Kobe knows what to do and what not to do on a CHAMPIONSHIP team so there is no way that Mike Brown and Kobe won't co-exist.

truther
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Huh? If Kobe was so un-coachable why would he come back and coach him? Also you do realize that this un-coachable guy has 5 titles right. I dont care whether youre coachable or not. All that matters is whether you win. Id rather have a guy that is not coachable and wins vs having a guy whose coachable but fails. The only reason Kobe was even brought in this conversation is to point out that Lebron is no Kobe and letting Kobe run the team as opposed to Mike Brown would not hinder the Lakers as much as it hindered the Cavs.

so are you agreeing or disagreeing kobe is uncoachable because your opinion << phills.

City
11-03-2011, 08:56 PM
This is classic, I hope he continues to tell funny stories like these.

Chi StateOfMind
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Shaq needs to just shutup already. Who gives a s---. Everyone has problems, opinions, etc. we dont need to hear every detail of shaq's past. Hop off lebron, kobe any future ex teammates jock. Every nba player has a story or some kind of fault. LeBron probably didnt need to listen bc he did everything he could but just didnt have a team.

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 09:32 PM

You dont think Kobe's matured a lot?

naps
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM

LOL. Why on earth Phil Jackson would lie about someone who he coached? You don't need to care if he's coachable or not. It's what Phil Jackson said, and I will listen to his coach who has been with him almost for his entire career rather than listening to your obsessed opinion. You are making it out like Kobe won the championships by his own. It took stacked Lakers teams to win. LeBron never had it in Cleveland.
If you can't deal with what Phil said then don't quote. I have seen kids talk like you who don't make any sense and are obsessed with their loved ones.

naps
11-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Ofcourse he matured a lot. No doubt. But ego never dies and stars like Kobe, LeBron will always have egos. It's natural dude. Kobe matured under Phil Jackson. Phil was like a father figure to Kobe. Phil was a master of mind games and had an extraordinary personality. Do you really expect Mike Brown criticizing Kobe for taking too many shots to fire him up in the gym like Phil used to do? Phil didn't give a **** and took shots at Kobe in the media if he felt that was needed to motivate Kobe. I can't fathom Mike doing that.

naps
11-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Shaq needs to just shutup already. Who gives a s---. Everyone has problems, opinions, etc. we dont need to hear every detail of shaq's past. Hop off lebron, kobe any future ex teammates jock. Every nba player has a story or some kind of fault. LeBron probably didnt need to listen bc he did everything he could but just didnt have a team.

Easily the post of this thread.

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
lol.. Stacked lakers teams huh?

truther
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM

thats why he refused to shoot in a playoff loss against the okc thunder so he could try to prove a message to phill who told him you shoot too much.

truther
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM

lol you're quite delusional if you don't think th lakers were stacked.

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM
thats why he refused to shoot in a playoff loss against the okc thunder so he could try to prove a message to phill who told him you shoot too much.

Quote where Kobe said that.... And i'll quote where Lebron said that Delonte banged his mom

naps
11-03-2011, 09:52 PM

YES. I don't get it why you are surprised. That was no shot at Kobe because winning championships require stacked teams. Kobe didn't win in his best years when because he didn't have a team, it was all Kobe in those Lakers teams from 2004 to 2007. They again he won when he had great casts. That's how it goes if you look into the history. I am not that stupid like most LeBron haters to deny that.

naps
11-03-2011, 09:55 PM
i'll quote where Lebron said that Delonte banged his mom

Matured :rolleyes:

Well, at least I am not surprised you would come up with something that's not basketball related when it's about LeBron like you always do and get banned for keep doing that.

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 09:55 PM
YES. I don't get it why you are surprised. That was no shot at Kobe because winning championships require stacked teams. Kobe didn't win in his best years when because he didn't have a team, it was all Kobe in those Lakers teams from 2004 to 2007. They again he won when he had great casts. That's how it goes if you look into the history. I am not that stupid like most LeBron haters to deny that.

I just liked how you slide that in there..

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Matured :rolleyes:

Well, at least I am not surprised you would come up with something that's not basketball related when it's about LeBron like you always do and get banned for keep doing that.

Calm down.. You always take things said about Lebron to heart. I was being sarcastic... Jesus

naps
11-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Calm down.. You always take things said about Lebron to heart. I was being sarcastic... Jesus

No, it's these little comments that take a good thread off-topic and eventually lead to close it. Why not just avoid them and have a civil discussion bro?

truther
11-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote where Kobe said that.... And i'll quote where Lebron said that Delonte banged his mom

lol

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
No, it's these little comments that take a good thread off-topic and eventually lead to close it. Why not just avoid them and have a civil discussion bro?

Because we are talking about NBA players. Not family members. Nothing wrong with a little light hearted comment. Its people like you that get all offended about it that screws everything up.

StanfordChamps
11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I love Shaq but he's been a real ******* lately. He talks **** about every former teammate. It's getting really old

Ebbs
11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Sort of entertaining but he is losing friends and credibility everytime he starts these controversies.

barreleffact
11-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Are you really surprised?

The truth is ***** happen in every locker room. Most people don't let it out, Shaq does. That's the difference.

Never said I was surprised at all. Shaq disses all his teammates. I just forgot what he said about Wade. I knew he would say something bad about Lebron eventually, but it is just funny that he would buy the guy a car that expensive that he probably doesnt care that much for anyway.

naps
11-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Because we are talking about NBA players. Not family members. Nothing wrong with a little light hearted comment. Its people like you that get all offended about it that screws everything up.

LeBron's mom ain't an nba player.

JonnyBrav000
11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Shaq is a piece of ****, no-one should buy his book. The dude is a snake, say what you want about Kobe Shaq, but wasn't the fat boy the one who went behind Gilbert Arenas back and had sex with his wife and also stole Steve Nash's idea for a tv show.

ldawg
11-03-2011, 10:38 PM
YES. I don't get it why you are surprised. That was no shot at Kobe because winning championships require stacked teams. Kobe didn't win in his best years when because he didn't have a team, it was all Kobe in those Lakers teams from 2004 to 2007. They again he won when he had great casts. That's how it goes if you look into the history. I am not that stupid like most LeBron haters to deny that.Kobe Allstar small Pau Allstar big, Odom, Fisher liability, Bynum one foot bynum who hardly played that playoff, bunch of ok players Farmar, Ariza, Powell, benga, Brown, Walton Can u tell me how that is stacked? Remove Kobe and Pau then look again. Second year you swap Ariza, for Artest who is far from the Artest in Indy and they aged the bench or got low draft pick players. With Bynum on a rise they my looked stacked now but thats the so called stack sqaud that got swept. Wade also won with a bunch of over the hill players.

nickdymez
11-03-2011, 10:43 PM
kobe allstar small pau allstar big, odom, fisher liability, bynum one foot bynum who hardly played that playoff, bunch of ok players farmar, ariza, powell, benga, brown, walton can u tell me how that is stacked? Remove kobe and pau then look again. Second year you swap ariza, for artest thats it. Team don't have to be stacked but you have to have the right mix of tallent.

exactly!!

JEDean89
11-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Big difference is Kobe wants to win but if you take him out at the wrong time, put in the wrong player or call the wrong play. He'll get mad and pissed off.

We've seen alot of times where he and Phil Jackson went at it. Even this year. Mike Brown doesn't have thick skin and the fact Kobe hasn't reached out to him and spoken to him yet is kind of proving that he did not like the coaching change.

Things like this is why people get on LeBron and it backs up EVERYTHING that was talked about this year when he had problem's listening to Spo. He isn't a coachable player. Maybe he would win something if he actually listened and was coachable.

how can kobe reach out to brown during the lockout?

Sactown
11-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Kobe Allstar small Pau Allstar big, Odom, Fisher liability, Bynum one foot bynum who hardly played that playoff, bunch of ok players Farmar, Ariza, Powell, benga, Brown, Walton Can u tell me how that is stacked? Remove Kobe and Pau then look again. Second year you swap Ariza, for Artest who is far from the Artest in Indy and they aged the bench or got low draft pick players. With Bynum on a rise they my looked stacked now but thats the so called stack sqaud that got swept. Wade also won with a bunch of over the hill players.

If that team isn't so great, why couldn't Kobe lead his team to the playoffs in 2005? or why didn't he get passed the first round in 2006? or why did they get beat again by the suns in 07? That team was a great team...

naps
11-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Kobe Allstar small Pau Allstar big, Odom, Fisher liability, Bynum one foot bynum who hardly played that playoff, bunch of ok players Farmar, Ariza, Powell, benga, Brown, Walton Can u tell me how that is stacked? Remove Kobe and Pau then look again. Second year you swap Ariza, for Artest who is far from the Artest in Indy and they aged the bench or got low draft pick players. With Bynum on a rise they my looked stacked now but thats the so called stack sqaud that got swept. Wade also won with a bunch of over the hill players.

I hate when Kobe fans start undervaluing the talent every single of Kobe's teammate just to make Kobe look great.
Let's look at the names:

Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Derek Fisher, Trevor Ariza etc.

This is super-stacked.
Sorry, I don't see what other superstar had more help during Lakers last two championship run. Put up the names if you think anyone had more help then Kobe. For the record, when Kobe fans say LeBron couldn't win in cleveland, well, Mo freaking Williams was the best player LeBron ever played with.

beliges
11-04-2011, 04:03 AM
If that team isn't so great, why couldn't Kobe lead his team to the playoffs in 2005? or why didn't he get passed the first round in 2006? or why did they get beat again by the suns in 07? That team was a great team...

Because in 2006 Kwame, Cook, Smush, Luke and Chris Mihm were the top 5 of the top 7 Lakers. As you may have guessed these guys did not play long in the league and played themselves out of the association. Cmon dude, Kobes got 5 rings. How can you hate on the guy so much?

Katspinal1313
11-04-2011, 04:43 AM
So is it safe to say Kobe will be Player/Coach this year, while Mike Brown will be his lead assistant?

There's going to be a "this year"?????

simsta
11-04-2011, 04:46 AM
This is why Shaq has no more credibility. Must see video.
Work ethic, practice is what its about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrwRvlaTHtM

MTar786
11-04-2011, 05:19 AM
the fact of the matter is lebron has the most stacked team between him and kobe. and im speaking of all time.
lebrons first season with miami = no ring
kobe first Full season as a starter with the lakers =1 ring and so on to a 3peat.

lebron with wade, bosh, haslem, miller, bibby, chalmers and big z
is wayyyy better than
kobe with shaq, horry, fox, fisher and shaw

PurpleJesus
11-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Shaq is telling the NBA like it is now, and I dont doubt what he says...the only problem I have with it, is when will he call himself out?

Bulls_fan90
11-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Kobe is a boss. He's not a cancer to a team like Lebron. It'll work fine with Mike Brown. Kobe knows how to win.

ldawg
11-04-2011, 06:36 AM
I hate when Kobe fans start undervaluing the talent every single of Kobe's teammate just to make Kobe look great.
Let's look at the names:

This is super-stacked.
Sorry, I don't see what other superstar had more help during Lakers last two championship run. Put up the names if you think anyone had more help then Kobe. For the record, when Kobe fans say LeBron couldn't win in cleveland, well, Mo freaking Williams was the best player LeBron ever played with.You have to have tallent not super stars that is why Kobe did not win then. And williams is not the best Player Lebron ever played with. All star big Z back in the day, Shaq, Boozer, Wade, Bosh, Larry Huges, R davis, D marshall, Gooden, Big Ben, Wally szczerbiak, Sebastian Telfair, Antawn Jamison. I think you have it the other way around Lebron never played with tallented players before. Boston, Dallas,Spurs,Denver,Blazers,Atlanta,Okc just to name a few who had a very tallented roster. How can i forget last year Miami team

Barracuda
11-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Shaq is like a lil' b!t@# talking $#!t about everybody. I agree that LB and some other superstarts r acting not like a players. But Shaq, you r done with basketball. No need NBA gossip blog here.

mjm07
11-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Gotta love all these delusional LBJ and Kobe haters. Shaq needs to just go away.

truther
11-04-2011, 09:17 AM

lol they were stacked because no one had that much talent on one team other than the celtics, no one had two legit franchise guys on one team like the lakers did, look at their competition in the west it was the lakers than everyone else, they took on orlando in the finals they overmatched them quite easily the talent difference was huge. only team that made them sweat during their run was the celtics who were the only other stacked team in the league. celtics and lakers are the reasons why everyone is forming their teams.

truther
11-04-2011, 09:21 AM
the fact of the matter is lebron has the most stacked team between him and kobe. and im speaking of all time.
lebrons first season with miami = no ring
kobe first Full season as a starter with the lakers =1 ring and so on to a 3peat.

lebron with wade, bosh, haslem, miller, bibby, chalmers and big z
is wayyyy better than
kobe with shaq, horry, fox, fisher and shaw

kobes first year as the man with a legit two man and solid team = no ring.

bagwell368
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Ha. Who needs Shaq to tell us what was clear for anyone with eyes.

I can't believe anyone hired Brown, he's a loser.

pebloemer
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM
At least Shaq doesn't need basketball to entertain us....

nickdymez
11-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Let's look at the names:

This is super-stacked.
Sorry, I don't see what other superstar had more help during Lakers last two championship run. Put up the names if you think anyone had more help then Kobe. For the record, when Kobe fans say LeBron couldn't win in cleveland, well, Mo freaking Williams was the best player LeBron ever played with.

lmao@ this statement. Its funny to me when people say this. When i tell people "The lakers are winning it this year", people laugh at me.. They say "Fisher is old, Bynum is broke, Gasol is soft, and Lamar isn't enough". But when the lakers win, they're stacked. And what has Ariza done since leaving the lakers? What did Lamar do before the Lakers? People say Ron Artest wasnt what he used to be. But we won the chip and it was "Ron Artest made the lakers a "stacked" team.

truther
11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
lmao@ this statement. Its funny to me when people say this. When i tell people "The lakers are winning it this year", people laugh at me.. They say "Fisher is old, Bynum is broke, Gasol is soft, and Lamar isn't enough". But when the lakers win, they're stacked. And what has Ariza done since leaving the lakers? What did Lamar do before the Lakers? People say Ron Artest wasnt what he used to be. But we won the chip and it was "Ron Artest made the lakers a "stacked" team.

lakers aren't stacked anymore because there are more teams with that kind of talent on thier team so in comparision they are not stacked, miami is stacked. but when they won 2 in a row they were stacked, because no other team other than the celtics n had that much talent on one team, gasol and kobe on one team was considered stacked because they're both elite players and kobe was wilidly considered the best in the league while gasol was the best pf in the league. they took on orlando in the finals the talent differential was pretty big.

beliges
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Kobe's first year with Pau was nowhere near the talent level of having Wade and Bosh on his team.

beliges
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
lakers aren't stacked anymore because there are more teams with that kind of talent on thier team so in comparision they are not stacked, miami is stacked. but when they won 2 in a row they were stacked, because no other team other than the celtics n had that much talent on one team, gasol and kobe on one team was considered stacked because they're both elite players and kobe was wilidly considered the best in the league while gasol was the best pf in the league. they took on orlando in the finals the talent differential was pretty big.

Dirk is and has been the best PF in the league for the past few years. And just remember Pau was pretty much nothing before teaming up with Kobe. He was never considered the best of one of the top 3 PFs in the league. But as soon as he teamed up with Kobe, he became a champion and considered by many to be one of the top PFs in the league. Go figure.

truther
11-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Dirk is and has been the best PF in the league for the past few years. And just remember Pau was pretty much nothing before teaming up with Kobe. He was never considered the best of one of the top 3 PFs in the league. But as soon as he teamed up with Kobe, he became a champion and considered by many to be one of the top PFs in the league. Go figure.

fox and many medias said pau was the best power forwards in the nba in 2010. still doesn't take away the fact that the lakers were stacked in comparisoin to other teams in the nba.

Ill21
11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah and Shaq acts like he is perfect.

SundaeBest
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
so are you agreeing or disagreeing kobe is uncoachable because your opinion << phills.

Are you brain-dead or just baiting? Opinions don't remain static. You know IT IS possible for someone to change their mind. Also, IT IS possible for someone to mature and grow over the span of a decade.

- First off, that book was written 10 years ago.
- I'm sure Phil embellished the facts as much as Shaq is currently doing to improve sales
- Phil then came BACK to coach this supposedly "uncoachable" player
- If you knew ANYTHING about Lakers basketball, you would know that Kobe bought into the triangle and Phil's system completely upon Phil's return which led to 3 Finals appearances, and back to back titles.

SundaeBest
11-04-2011, 02:08 PM
lol they were stacked because no one had that much talent on one team other than the celtics, no one had two legit franchise guys on one team like the lakers did, look at their competition in the west it was the lakers than everyone else, they took on orlando in the finals they overmatched them quite easily the talent difference was huge. only team that made them sweat during their run was the celtics who were the only other stacked team in the league. celtics and lakers are the reasons why everyone is forming their teams.

Two legit franchise players? I forgot Pau was a perennial all-star who could lead his team to deep playoff runs before he came to L.A. All that rampant success he had in Memphis must have slipped my mind.

Forgot to mention that the legit two-man came in halfway through the season into a completely new system. Yet they still made it to the finals.

It has become quite apparent that critical thinking skills are beyond your limited capacity.

fox and many medias said pau was the best power forwards in the nba in 2010. still doesn't take away the fact that the lakers were stacked in comparisoin to other teams in the nba.

Not more stacked than Miami was last year.....at least the Lakers won

mlisica19
11-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I knew it! I said it myself... the reason the Cavs were never truly successful was because of the Lebron. I guess you can blame the organization more actually for giving him so much power. The guy was the most talented athlete Clev has ever gotten (maybe since brown lol). I felt as though James spent more time picking out what Jersey to wear or what kind of entrance the team should come out to for each game rather than focusing on the game at hand.

Its nice of Shaq to confirm this.

Is it any surprise to anyone?
He was doing the same last year. James comes into the team with Bosh and Wade... they have a losing streak and they immediately put blame on the coach. Luckily Riley is no push over, he understands the mentality of these young stars and knows how to keep them in line

Shaq def was no help to the Cavs either, a prolific jokster. Guarantee you he wasnt giving it his 110%. He helped in all the entrances and jersey selections

beliges
11-04-2011, 02:14 PM

The only reason the Lakers were "stacked" as you would like to call them is because they had Kobe with good players. Thats hardly stacked. Dirk was clearly the best PF in the game and I dont think that needs much of a discussion. Again remember who the Lakers had. Pau, he was an average all-star before teaming up with Kobe. As soon as he teams up with Kobe and enjoys success people start calling him an elite PF. Bynum, he was drafted as a 17 yr old kid and improved his game playing around Kobe. Let me remind you he has never made an all-star game. Lamar, a very good role player but nothing more and nothing less. Again, hes never made an all-star team. This is a classic example of Kobe making his teammates better as opposed to Kobe falling into a stacked team. Bottom line is that there were several other teams in the league that had two all-stars and good role players on their team but none of them had Kobe and thats what separated the Lakers from the other elite teams in the league.

mlisica19
11-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Kobe is in a differ stage of his career. Like Shaq said and we all should know, cuz all i do is mention this: But Kobe loves to study the game, he has no problem hearing the critics especially at this day of age. He is not that punk nose kid he use to be or James is now.

He is the leader and wants to WIN, last thing on his mind now is his money or fame.

truther
11-04-2011, 02:26 PM
The only reason the Lakers were "stacked" as you would like to call them is because they had Kobe with good players. Thats hardly stacked. Dirk was clearly the best PF in the game and I dont think that needs much of a discussion. Again remember who the Lakers had. Pau, he was an average all-star before teaming up with Kobe. As soon as he teams up with Kobe and enjoys success people start calling him an elite PF. Bynum, he was drafted as a 17 yr old kid and improved his game playing around Kobe. Let me remind you he has never made an all-star game. Lamar, a very good role player but nothing more and nothing less. Again, hes never made an all-star team. This is a classic example of Kobe making his teammates better as opposed to Kobe falling into a stacked team. Bottom line is that there were several other teams in the league that had two all-stars and good role players on their team but none of them had Kobe and thats what separated the Lakers from the other elite teams in the league.

exactly kobe was a superstar, mega star. best player in the league with only a few guys even in the discussion with him. and now you add gasol who was a franchise type guy who led teams to 50 win season and than reallly good role players thats a stacked team for back than. im not trying to discredit kobe because at the end of the day he was the leader.

beliges
11-04-2011, 02:34 PM
exactly kobe was a superstar, mega star. best player in the league with only a few guys even in the discussion with him. and now you add gasol who was a franchise type guy who led teams to 50 win season and than reallly good role players thats a stacked team for back than. im not trying to discredit kobe because at the end of the day he was the leader.

Those really good role playiers you are talking about is essentially Bynum and Lamar. Bynum was drafted within the organization and developed his game playing alongside Kobe. Lamar is a very good role player but again not an all-star type player. And Gasol was a franchise player but a very bad one at that. He did not enjoy any type of success until teaming up with Kobe. I do agree that the Lakers organization did a great jobe at putting together a very good team but to say that the Lakers were more stacked than any other team in the league is just plain wrong. There are plenty of teams that have 3 All-stars on their team. Without Kobe that team would be considered a notch above average. With Kobe theyre a championship team.

truther
11-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Those really good role playiers you are talking about is essentially Bynum and Lamar. Bynum was drafted within the organization and developed his game playing alongside Kobe. Lamar is a very good role player but again not an all-star type player. And Gasol was a franchise player but a very bad one at that. He did not enjoy any type of success until teaming up with Kobe. I do agree that the Lakers organization did a great jobe at putting together a very good team but to say that the Lakers were more stacked than any other team in the league is just plain wrong. There are plenty of teams that have 3 All-stars on their team. Without Kobe that team would be considered a notch above average. With Kobe theyre a championship team.

name one team other than the celtics who had close to the same amount of talent on their team.

beliges
11-04-2011, 03:05 PM
name one team other than the celtics who had close to the same amount of talent on their team.

Denver had a great team, Dallas had a great team, Pho had great talent, Boston obviously, Orlando. All these teams had multiple all-stars and great role players. But none of these teams had Kobe. Thats what separated the Lakers from all the other elite teams in the league. There were many talented teams with multiple all-stars on their team. BUt when you have one of the best players ever with a good supporting case, youre gonna win titles despite the fact there are other great teams in the league.

truther
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Denver had a great team, Dallas had a great team, Pho had great talent, Boston obviously, Orlando. All these teams had multiple all-stars and great role players. But none of these teams had Kobe. Thats what separated the Lakers from all the other elite teams in the league. There were many talented teams with multiple all-stars on their team. BUt when you have one of the best players ever with a good supporting case, youre gonna win titles despite the fact there are other great teams in the league.

i disagree those team weren't nearly as talented and their number two options weren't nearly as good as gasol, i agree it was kobe alongside gasol and good role players is why they were stacked maybe we have a different meaning of stacked.

kblo247
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM

If you want to be technical, the guy in your avys last year in Clevealand saw him enter into a season where Jamison, Mo, and Shaq were all All Stars the year before. Kobe can't boast that. In fact Z was a multiple time all star and his team had full time starters in Parker and Moon, as well as an all nba defender in Andy

Nash was a 2 time MVP and he had the likes of Marion, Johnson, Amare, Hill, Richardson, and Shaq in his stay in Phoenix but failed to make the finals.

Dirk before last season actually had Caron, Marion, Kidd, and Terry but didn't win. He had Walker, Jamison, Nash, and Finley. Then he had Van Exel, Nash, and Finley.

It isn't unheard of for teams to have talent. Heck most of LA's teams have been no more than 6 deep in both the Kobe/Pau and Kobe/Shaq era with the other 4 of those 6 being role players.

Kobe summed himself up better than anyone else could in the summer of 08:

You give me that one all star caliber guy you promised, and I'll win. If I don't win it ain't on the team, it's on me. I'll take that blame. But I promise you I will win.

That was paraphrasing the interview he did with PMS on 570. Whether you like it or not, Buss called his bluff and brought him a guy who made 1 all star team in his career and not even the year before, while being winless in the playoffs. He took that guy in the middle of the season, with no camp, and on the road to the finals. He won two rings and made three straight trips to finals. Point blank, other teams have had more stars and more depth for their franchise players, but if you give Kobe a piece he wins and said piece especially if it is a big sees their efficency skyrocket whether their name is Shaq or Pau or Mihm.

beliges
11-04-2011, 03:16 PM
i disagree those team weren't nearly as talented and their number two options weren't nearly as good as gasol, i agree it was kobe alongside gasol and good role players is why they were stacked maybe we have a different meaning of stacked.

Gasol was never considered to be great before teaming up with Kobe. I guess we do disagree on the meaning of stacked. I think those teams I mentioned were just as stacked if not more. If Kobe had Amare and Marion, or the supporting cast of Dirk or that of Carmelo I think he would have won just as much. Gasol was nowhere near the caliber player of Dirk, Melo, Nash, Amare etc..before teaming up with Kobe. Now, all of a sudden he became elite? I dont think so, but thats what the great players do. They make their teammates and thus team better.

truther
11-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Gasol was never considered to be great before teaming up with Kobe. I guess we do disagree on the meaning of stacked. I think those teams I mentioned were just as stacked if not more. If Kobe had Amare and Marion, or the supporting cast of Dirk or that of Carmelo I think he would have won just as much. Gasol was nowhere near the caliber player of Dirk, Melo, Nash, Amare etc..before teaming up with Kobe. Now, all of a sudden he became elite? I dont think so, but thats what the great players do. They make their teammates and thus team better.

well he was on memphis no one really noticed him, and he stil led his team to 50 win seasons as the best player on the team in a tough western conf., something guys like amare,bosh and many others haven't been able to do. coming to La gave him more exposure i also do think playing with kobe made him become a better player. also im not saying kobe won because his teams are stacked im sure kobe would be able to win with denvers cast or phoenix's cast, all im saying is there weren't a lot of teams as talented as them or had a duo as good as kobe/gasol so i considered them stacked. nowadays maybe i wouldn't be inclined to call them that since mulitple stars on one team is the norm,

truther
11-04-2011, 03:34 PM
If you want to be technical, the guy in your avys last year in Clevealand saw him enter into a season where Jamison, Mo, and Shaq were all All Stars the year before. Kobe can't boast that. In fact Z was a multiple time all star and his team had full time starters in Parker and Moon, as well as an all nba defender in Andy

Nash was a 2 time MVP and he had the likes of Marion, Johnson, Amare, Hill, Richardson, and Shaq in his stay in Phoenix but failed to make the finals.

Dirk before last season actually had Caron, Marion, Kidd, and Terry but didn't win. He had Walker, Jamison, Nash, and Finley. Then he had Van Exel, Nash, and Finley.

It isn't unheard of for teams to have talent. Heck most of LA's teams have been no more than 6 deep in both the Kobe/Pau and Kobe/Shaq era with the other 4 of those 6 being role players.

Kobe summed himself up better than anyone else could in the summer of 08:

You give me that one all star caliber guy you promised, and I'll win. If I don't win it ain't on the team, it's on me. I'll take that blame. But I promise you I will win.

That was paraphrasing the interview he did with PMS on 570. Whether you like it or not, Buss called his bluff and brought him a guy who made 1 all star team in his career and not even the year before, while being winless in the playoffs. He took that guy in the middle of the season, with no camp, and on the road to the finals. He won two rings and made three straight trips to finals. Point blank, other teams have had more stars and more depth for their franchise players, but if you give Kobe a piece he wins and said piece especially if it is a big sees their efficency skyrocket whether their name is Shaq or Pau or Mihm.

again im not trying to discredit kobe whats wrong with considering the lakers stacked? and no i don't want to get technical and i dont believe i was being nit picky this isn't about lebron and you and i both know those guys weren't allstar calibre players when they were on the cavs.

beliges
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
well he was on memphis no one really noticed him, and he stil led his team to 50 win seasons as the best player on the team in a tough western conf., something guys like amare,bosh and many others haven't been able to do. coming to La gave him more exposure i also do think playing with kobe made him become a better player. also im not saying kobe won because his teams are stacked im sure kobe would be able to win with denvers cast or phoenix's cast, all im saying is there weren't a lot of teams as talented as them or had a duo as good as kobe/gasol so i considered them stacked. nowadays maybe i wouldn't be inclined to call them that since mulitple stars on one team is the norm,

Oh ya, i agree with you that those Laker teams were very well put together. I just dont agree with the fact that the Lakers were the most stacked or most talented team in the league because in my opinion there were a few teams in the league that had just as much talent. I hold the belief that anytime you give Kobe a good player as his partner, he will deliver championships. He did it with Shaq, he did it with Pau and I think he could have done it with the supporting casts of some of the other good teams in the league. But yes, I definitely agree that teh Lakers were one of the better talented teams in the league. Without a great team, youre not gonna win titles.

ldawg
11-04-2011, 10:11 PM
The NBA has and had some very talented teams that never won or even came close to winning. When La won titles they were not stacked they built a team they were just lucky to had the best Twp players in the game but Kings, blazers, Spurs, Boston, Dallas, Denver over all was a deeper team when the Lakers won. The thing was they were the best big small combo. Kobe best sg Shaq best Center. Kobe Pau and if you want to add Odom and a bunch of no name rookies and old man fisher who was never concidered a good pg was not even the most talented team. Lakers look stack now because Kobe, Pau and Odom is now join with Artest and a healthy, more develope more mature Bynum. Even Jerry said Last year Lakers was the best team he ever had. Well the stacked team got swept and Pitions beat the stack Lakers then too. I can't prove it now but i would bet Kobe/Shaq Lakers would beat Miami tripplets. I would Even bet Howard, Pau and Kobe lead team would Beat Bosh, Wade and Lebron lead team in 6 games. Stack teams don't normally win well coach and constucted talented team do.

TopsyTurvy
11-05-2011, 03:10 AM
I will read this book because will be relatively un-filtered (beyond Shaq's limited perspective - and whatever he and his editors want to save for another book). Shaq will be providing insight and dirt into some of the more successful locker rooms and teams of the past decade - you can't pass that up, even if you hate the skeletons he digs up.

abe_froman
11-05-2011, 03:13 AM
hasnt this been common knowledge for years:shrug:

naps
11-05-2011, 03:56 AM
You have to have tallent not super stars that is why Kobe did not win then. And williams is not the best Player Lebron ever played with. All star big Z back in the day, Shaq, Boozer, Wade, Bosh, Larry Huges, R davis, D marshall, Gooden, Big Ben, Wally szczerbiak, Sebastian Telfair, Antawn Jamison. I think you have it the other way around Lebron never played with tallented players before. Boston, Dallas,Spurs,Denver,Blazers,Atlanta,Okc just to name a few who had a very tallented roster. How can i forget last year Miami team

READ carefully before you quote me. I said Mo was the best player LeBron played in CLEVELAND. How does Wade, Bosh come here? How does last year come here when I am talking about his CLEVELAND years?

Big Z was an allstar with LeBron in just one year, 2005, when LeBron was just a sophomore.
None of those players were better than Mo Williams when they played with LeBron. Those names look good on paper but they were dinosaurs by then time they were in Cleveland.

5ass
11-05-2011, 04:54 AM
hasnt this been common knowledge for years:shrug:

exactly, Lebron always ran that team, especially offensively.
Lebron should have won coach of the year in 2009, not mike brown!

ldawg
11-05-2011, 07:55 AM
READ carefully before you quote me. I said Mo was the best player LeBron played in CLEVELAND. How does Wade, Bosh come here? How does last year come here when I am talking about his CLEVELAND years?

Big Z was an allstar with LeBron in just one year, 2005, when LeBron was just a sophomore.
None of those players were better than Mo Williams when they played with LeBron. Those names look good on paper but they were dinosaurs by then time they were in Cleveland. Wade won with dinos too, What about Dallas the older team last year, What about Duncan with old man Robinson, What about senior Boston? none of them had what one would say the best player in the game. Why does Lebron want dino nash? All the buzz is for the flashy players with no substance. Can you say Tim Duncan, this guy made any one he played with 10 times better. He turn no names into super stars and made old players look young again the real king of the NBA. Lebron is a coach killer how can your team have success if the leader of the team is at odds with him?

NJBASEBALL22
11-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Shaq speaks the truth.

KnicksorBust
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Breaking news!

Shaq is kind of annoying lately.

I couldn't disagree more. This book is going to be like MJ's Hall of Fame speech. Some people will bash it but I'm going to love it. Shaq's played with all these superstars Penny-Kobe-Malone-Payton-Wade-LeBron-KG-Allen-Pierce and nobody could write a book like he could. To steal a line from Delonte West, Shaq can't be *****-footing around when he's got the potential to write the best hoops book of all-time.

truther
11-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Wade won with dinos too, What about Dallas the older team last year, What about Duncan with old man Robinson, What about senior Boston? none of them had what one would say the best player in the game. Why does Lebron want dino nash? All the buzz is for the flashy players with no substance. Can you say Tim Duncan, this guy made any one he played with 10 times better. He turn no names into super stars and made old players look young again the real king of the NBA. Lebron is a coach killer how can your team have success if the leader of the team is at odds with him?

are you actually comparing the dinos in cleveland with the ones that played in miami and san antonio, i like how some people will say anything to try to discredit lebron even if it makes no sense.

ldawg
11-05-2011, 12:27 PM
are you actually comparing the dinos in cleveland with the ones that played in miami and san antonio, i like how some people will say anything to try to discredit lebron even if it makes no sense.

1 LeBron James 25 76 76 39.0 10.1 20.1 .503 1.7 5.1 .333 7.8 10.2 .767 0.9 6.4 7.3 8.6 1.6 1.0 3.4 1.6 29.7
2 Antawn Jamison 33 25 23 32.4 6.5 13.4 .485 1.1 3.2 .342 1.7 3.3 .506 1.5 6.2 7.7 1.3 1.1 0.5 1.2 2.7 15.8
3 Mo Williams 27 69 68 34.2 5.5 12.4 .442 2.3 5.4 .429 2.6 2.9 .894 0.4 2.6 3.0 5.3 1.0 0.3 2.5 2.5 15.8
4 Shaquille O'Neal 37 53 53 23.4 4.9 8.7 .566 0.0 0.0 .000 2.1 4.3 .496 1.8 4.9 6.7 1.5 0.3 1.2 2.0 3.2 12.0
5 Sebastian Telfair 24 4 0 19.3 4.0 8.8 .457 0.5 2.3 .222 1.3 1.5 .833 0.0 1.0 1.0 3.0 0.5 0.0 1.5 1.5 9.8
6 Delonte West 26 60 3 25.0 3.2 7.3 .445 0.4 1.3 .325 1.9 2.4 .810 0.5 2.3 2.8 3.3 0.9 0.5 1.5 1.4 8.8
7 Anderson Varejao 27 76 7 28.5 3.5 6.1 .572 0.0 0.1 .200 1.5 2.3 .663 2.5 5.1 7.6 1.1 0.9 0.9 0.9 2.9 8.6
8 J.J. Hickson 21 81 73 20.9 3.6 6.4 .554 0.0 0.0 .000 1.4 2.0 .681 1.4 3.6 4.9 0.5 0.4 0.5 1.1 1.6 8.5
9 Zydrunas Ilgauskas 34 64 6 20.9 3.0 6.8 .443 0.2 0.4 .478 1.2 1.6 .743 1.8 3.6 5.4 0.8 0.2 0.8 1.0 2.9 7.4
10 Anthony Parker 34 81 81 28.3 2.5 5.9 .434 1.3 3.2 .414 0.9 1.2 .789 0.4 2.5 2.9 1.9 0.8 0.2 0.9 1.9 7.3
11 Daniel Gibson 23 56 10 19.1 2.2 4.8 .466 1.3 2.7 .477 0.6 0.9 .694 0.2 1.1 1.3 1.3 0.4 0.1 0.6 1.4 6.3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Duncan 23 74 74 38.9 8.5 17.3 .490 0.0 0.1 .091 6.2 8.1 .761 3.5 8.9 12.4 3.2 0.9 2.2 3.3 2.8 23.2
2 David Robinson 34 80 80 32.0 6.6 12.9 .512 0.0 0.0 .000 4.6 6.4 .726 2.4 7.2 9.6 1.8 1.2 2.3 2.1 3.1 17.8
3 Avery Johnson 34 82 82 31.4 4.9 10.4 .473 0.0 0.1 .111 1.4 1.9 .735 0.4 1.5 1.9 6.0 0.9 0.2 1.7 1.8 11.2
4 Terry Porter 36 68 8 23.7 3.0 6.8 .447 1.3 3.0 .435 2.0 2.5 .806 0.4 2.5 2.8 3.3 0.7 0.1 1.5 1.2 9.4
5 Mario Elie 36 79 79 28.1 2.5 5.8 .427 0.9 2.4 .398 1.6 1.9 .846 0.6 2.5 3.2 2.4 0.9 0.1 1.6 2.0 7.5
6 Malik Rose 25 74 3 18.1 2.4 5.2 .457 0.0 0.0 .333 1.9 2.7 .722 1.8 2.7 4.5 0.6 0.5 0.7 1.3 3.1 6.7
7 Jaren Jackson 32 81 12 20.9 2.3 6.0 .381 1.3 3.8 .353 0.4 0.6 .647 0.4 1.8 2.2 1.5 0.7 0.1 0.8 1.9 6.3
8 Chucky Brown 31 30 27 20.1 2.7 5.9 .466 0.0 0.1 .333 0.8 1.0 .806 0.4 2.2 2.6 1.4 0.3 0.3 0.9 1.8 6.3
9 Antonio Daniels 24 68 1 17.6 2.4 5.1 .474 0.3 1.0 .333 1.1 1.5 .713 0.2 1.0 1.3 2.6 0.8 0.1 0.9 1.1 6.2
10 Sean Elliott 31 19 19 20.6 2.0 5.6 .358 0.7 1.9 .351 1.3 1.7 .781 0.3 2.2 2.5 1.5 0.6 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwyane Wade 24 75 75 38.6 9.3 18.8 .495 0.2 1.0 .171 8.4 10.7 .783 1.4 4.3 5.7 6.7 1.9 0.8 3.6 2.9 27.2
2 Shaquille O'Neal 33 59 58 30.6 8.1 13.6 .600 0.0 0.0 3.7 8.0 .469 2.9 6.3 9.2 1.9 0.4 1.8 2.8 3.9 20.0
3 Jason Williams 30 59 56 31.8 4.5 10.3 .442 1.8 4.9 .372 1.4 1.7 .867 0.1 2.3 2.4 4.9 0.9 0.1 1.7 1.7 12.3
4 Antoine Walker 29 82 19 26.8 4.8 11.0 .435 1.7 4.7 .358 1.0 1.6 .628 1.3 3.9 5.1 2.0 0.6 0.4 1.8 2.3 12.2
5 Udonis Haslem 25 81 80 30.8 3.7 7.3 .508 0.0 0.0 .000 1.9 2.5 .789 2.1 5.8 7.8 1.2 0.6 0.2 1.0 2.7 9.3
6 Alonzo Mourning 35 65 20 20.0 2.9 4.8 .597 0.0 0.0 .000 2.0 3.4 .594 1.9 3.6 5.5 0.2 0.2 2.7 1.2 2.7 7.8
7 Gary Payton 37 81 25 28.5 2.8 6.8 .420 0.8 2.8 .287 1.2 1.6 .794 0.4 2.5 2.9 3.2 0.9 0.1 1.3 2.1 7.7
8 James Posey 29 67 63 28.6 2.4 5.9 .403 1.7 4.3 .403 0.7 0.9 .787 0.5 4.3 4.8 1.3 0.8 0.3 0.9 2.9 7.2
9 Derek Anderson 31 23 3 20.2 1.7 5.7 .308 0.9 2.9 .313 1.4 1.7 .842 0.4 2.2 2.6 2.1 0.3 0.1 0.7 2.1 5.8

truther
11-05-2011, 01:05 PM
1 LeBron James 25 76 76 39.0 10.1 20.1 .503 1.7 5.1 .333 7.8 10.2 .767 0.9 6.4 7.3 8.6 1.6 1.0 3.4 1.6 29.7
2 Antawn Jamison 33 25 23 32.4 6.5 13.4 .485 1.1 3.2 .342 1.7 3.3 .506 1.5 6.2 7.7 1.3 1.1 0.5 1.2 2.7 15.8
3 Mo Williams 27 69 68 34.2 5.5 12.4 .442 2.3 5.4 .429 2.6 2.9 .894 0.4 2.6 3.0 5.3 1.0 0.3 2.5 2.5 15.8
4 Shaquille O'Neal 37 53 53 23.4 4.9 8.7 .566 0.0 0.0 .000 2.1 4.3 .496 1.8 4.9 6.7 1.5 0.3 1.2 2.0 3.2 12.0
5 Sebastian Telfair 24 4 0 19.3 4.0 8.8 .457 0.5 2.3 .222 1.3 1.5 .833 0.0 1.0 1.0 3.0 0.5 0.0 1.5 1.5 9.8
6 Delonte West 26 60 3 25.0 3.2 7.3 .445 0.4 1.3 .325 1.9 2.4 .810 0.5 2.3 2.8 3.3 0.9 0.5 1.5 1.4 8.8
7 Anderson Varejao 27 76 7 28.5 3.5 6.1 .572 0.0 0.1 .200 1.5 2.3 .663 2.5 5.1 7.6 1.1 0.9 0.9 0.9 2.9 8.6
8 J.J. Hickson 21 81 73 20.9 3.6 6.4 .554 0.0 0.0 .000 1.4 2.0 .681 1.4 3.6 4.9 0.5 0.4 0.5 1.1 1.6 8.5
9 Zydrunas Ilgauskas 34 64 6 20.9 3.0 6.8 .443 0.2 0.4 .478 1.2 1.6 .743 1.8 3.6 5.4 0.8 0.2 0.8 1.0 2.9 7.4
10 Anthony Parker 34 81 81 28.3 2.5 5.9 .434 1.3 3.2 .414 0.9 1.2 .789 0.4 2.5 2.9 1.9 0.8 0.2 0.9 1.9 7.3
11 Daniel Gibson 23 56 10 19.1 2.2 4.8 .466 1.3 2.7 .477 0.6 0.9 .694 0.2 1.1 1.3 1.3 0.4 0.1 0.6 1.4 6.3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Duncan 23 74 74 38.9 8.5 17.3 .490 0.0 0.1 .091 6.2 8.1 .761 3.5 8.9 12.4 3.2 0.9 2.2 3.3 2.8 23.2
2 David Robinson 34 80 80 32.0 6.6 12.9 .512 0.0 0.0 .000 4.6 6.4 .726 2.4 7.2 9.6 1.8 1.2 2.3 2.1 3.1 17.8
3 Avery Johnson 34 82 82 31.4 4.9 10.4 .473 0.0 0.1 .111 1.4 1.9 .735 0.4 1.5 1.9 6.0 0.9 0.2 1.7 1.8 11.2
4 Terry Porter 36 68 8 23.7 3.0 6.8 .447 1.3 3.0 .435 2.0 2.5 .806 0.4 2.5 2.8 3.3 0.7 0.1 1.5 1.2 9.4
5 Mario Elie 36 79 79 28.1 2.5 5.8 .427 0.9 2.4 .398 1.6 1.9 .846 0.6 2.5 3.2 2.4 0.9 0.1 1.6 2.0 7.5
6 Malik Rose 25 74 3 18.1 2.4 5.2 .457 0.0 0.0 .333 1.9 2.7 .722 1.8 2.7 4.5 0.6 0.5 0.7 1.3 3.1 6.7
7 Jaren Jackson 32 81 12 20.9 2.3 6.0 .381 1.3 3.8 .353 0.4 0.6 .647 0.4 1.8 2.2 1.5 0.7 0.1 0.8 1.9 6.3
8 Chucky Brown 31 30 27 20.1 2.7 5.9 .466 0.0 0.1 .333 0.8 1.0 .806 0.4 2.2 2.6 1.4 0.3 0.3 0.9 1.8 6.3
9 Antonio Daniels 24 68 1 17.6 2.4 5.1 .474 0.3 1.0 .333 1.1 1.5 .713 0.2 1.0 1.3 2.6 0.8 0.1 0.9 1.1 6.2
10 Sean Elliott 31 19 19 20.6 2.0 5.6 .358 0.7 1.9 .351 1.3 1.7 .781 0.3 2.2 2.5 1.5 0.6 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwyane Wade 24 75 75 38.6 9.3 18.8 .495 0.2 1.0 .171 8.4 10.7 .783 1.4 4.3 5.7 6.7 1.9 0.8 3.6 2.9 27.2
2 Shaquille O'Neal 33 59 58 30.6 8.1 13.6 .600 0.0 0.0 3.7 8.0 .469 2.9 6.3 9.2 1.9 0.4 1.8 2.8 3.9 20.0
3 Jason Williams 30 59 56 31.8 4.5 10.3 .442 1.8 4.9 .372 1.4 1.7 .867 0.1 2.3 2.4 4.9 0.9 0.1 1.7 1.7 12.3
4 Antoine Walker 29 82 19 26.8 4.8 11.0 .435 1.7 4.7 .358 1.0 1.6 .628 1.3 3.9 5.1 2.0 0.6 0.4 1.8 2.3 12.2
5 Udonis Haslem 25 81 80 30.8 3.7 7.3 .508 0.0 0.0 .000 1.9 2.5 .789 2.1 5.8 7.8 1.2 0.6 0.2 1.0 2.7 9.3
6 Alonzo Mourning 35 65 20 20.0 2.9 4.8 .597 0.0 0.0 .000 2.0 3.4 .594 1.9 3.6 5.5 0.2 0.2 2.7 1.2 2.7 7.8
7 Gary Payton 37 81 25 28.5 2.8 6.8 .420 0.8 2.8 .287 1.2 1.6 .794 0.4 2.5 2.9 3.2 0.9 0.1 1.3 2.1 7.7
8 James Posey 29 67 63 28.6 2.4 5.9 .403 1.7 4.3 .403 0.7 0.9 .787 0.5 4.3 4.8 1.3 0.8 0.3 0.9 2.9 7.2
9 Derek Anderson 31 23 3 20.2 1.7 5.7 .308 0.9 2.9 .313 1.4 1.7 .842 0.4 2.2 2.6 2.1 0.3 0.1 0.7 2.1 5.8

and what does this prove.

truther
11-05-2011, 01:08 PM
all that proved is jamison was the only dino with 15+ ppg and shaq wasn't nearly the impact player he was on miami. also don't know why you're listing bunch young cats on the cavs.

IndiansFan337
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
This was common knowledge already. At least here in northeastern Ohio - although I thought it was also known worldwide. I'm not sure why the media is treating Shaq saying it as big news.

I guess when there's no games, they need something to talk about.

Sportfan
11-05-2011, 01:45 PM
the best part is delonte west standing up to brown

go delonte and take LBJ's mom with you

Arch Stanton
11-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I couldn't disagree more. This book is going to be like MJ's Hall of Fame speech. Some people will bash it but I'm going to love it. Shaq's played with all these superstars Penny-Kobe-Malone-Payton-Wade-LeBron-KG-Allen-Pierce and nobody could write a book like he could. To steal a line from Delonte West, Shaq can't be *****-footing around when he's got the potential to write the best hoops book of all-time.

Are you saying that this isn't breaking news? I think most would have probably agreed (except Heat fans) that LeBron never listened to Coach Brown.
I think it's fine to write a book - if you can write! But I highly doubt Shaq is a solid writer and that's why someone else is writing it for him and making it look good. Which is fine too because most people would be interested in reading it. But I think the timing is interesting. Sounds like he needs attention now that he's out of the lime light. And I have nothing against Shaq. He was awesome!