PDA

View Full Version : Will the nba trade chris paul

flatbush knicks
11-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Everybody keeps saying chris paul will be traded.But the nba owns the hornets and in my opinion i don't think they will trade him.What do you guys think.

thenetslegend
11-02-2011, 11:16 PM
they should, i always forget he is on the hornets, i just think of him as a FA

Sadds The Gr8
11-02-2011, 11:20 PM
they should do what's right and trade him to the Toronto Raptors

CB29
11-02-2011, 11:22 PM
they should do what's right and trade him to the Toronto Raptors

love the sound of that

nyfinest4life
11-02-2011, 11:31 PM
it dont matter. we all know chris paul is going to be a knick whether by trade or by free agency.

flatbush knicks
11-02-2011, 11:37 PM
but thats what im saying wouldnt it be better for the knicks if he was traded to us and then we could use our mle or would stern just screw us

nyfinest4life
11-02-2011, 11:40 PM
i would rather get him in free agency so we dont have to trade our young players

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 11:43 PM
chris paul is only going to la lakers most likely. theyre getting rid of odom gasol and artest and trading those 3 for rudy gay and zack randolph.

Chris Paul PG
Kobe Bryant SG
Rude Gay SF
Zack Randolph PF
Andrew Bynum C

A younger, rejuvenated, stronger lakers= 2012,2013 and 2014 champs.

nyfinest4life
11-02-2011, 11:44 PM
hahahaha woww wake up from ur dream

nyfinest4life
11-02-2011, 11:45 PM
paul is going to the knicks. hes the one who made the infamous toast bout coming here. every1 knows hes comin to the knicks. paul, melo, n amare= unstoppable

flatbush knicks
11-02-2011, 11:46 PM
yea but i would rather them send us okafor back in the trade we dont really need imam more then a center and we could probaly get rip hamilton from the amnesty rule or the best available 2 guard an the use our mle next year

flatbush knicks
11-02-2011, 11:48 PM
i see chris paul going to the clippers before the lakers

Dade County
11-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Everybody keeps saying chris paul will be traded.But the nba owns the hornets and in my opinion i don't think they will trade him.What do you guys think.

They are going to cheat someway, somehow. Some new rule, or something slipped into the new CBA at the very last second.

It's not going to go down like how you guys think, even if they have to make a new super team in the west ( to a western conference team that has really never did anything in their existence )... They are not going to let one of the Biggest Big Market team form another big 3, after this CBA crap.

If they have to stack the LAC, or help OKC ... whatever, however; just know they are behind the scenes right now.

beasted86
11-02-2011, 11:49 PM
but thats what im saying wouldnt it be better for the knicks if he was traded to us and then we could use our mle or would stern just screw us

There's no screwing anyone. The Hornets have to do what's in the best interest of the team.

Not trying to hate, not sounding jealous or threatened or anything, but I hope you Knick fans yourselves can see why you aren't good trade partners to get Paul. You have no draft picks to offer until 2017, and traded the majority of your young talent away. The Hornets won't, and shouldn't help give away their franchise player for free. If he goes he goes, but they don't have to help him go.

MagicBucsSox
11-02-2011, 11:52 PM
chris paul is only going to la lakers most likely. theyre getting rid of odom gasol and artest and trading those 3 for rudy gay and zack randolph.

Chris Paul PG
Kobe Bryant SG
Rude Gay SF
Zack Randolph PF
Andrew Bynum C

Ban him

nyfinest4life
11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
ur right that the knicks dont have the peices to trade for paul. but it doesnt matter cuz if paul wants to be a knick, which he sure does, he could just say no to any other trade but the knicks or just wait for free agency. so at the end of the day paul will be a knick

Dankster
11-03-2011, 12:01 AM
There's no guarantee CP3 will be a Knick, for that matter there's no guarantee he'll even leave the Hornets. He has strong ties to the New orleans community and it's not as if they're a bottom dwelling team. That being said I hope he does end up coming here.

Maybe he'll pull a Durant and quietly sign an extension, you just never know.

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Quote:
There's no screwing anyone. The Hornets have to do what's in the best interest of the team.

Not trying to hate, not sounding jealous or threatened or anything, but I hope you Knick fans yourselves can see why you aren't good trade partners to get Paul. You have no draft picks to offer until 2017, and traded the majority of your young talent away. The Hornets won't, and shouldn't help give away their franchise player for free. If he goes he goes, but they don't have to help him go.

well thats why i made this thread i just dont think the nba has the best interest for the hornets the whole him being a knick thing is irrelavent i dont think they will trade him because they wont sell tickets thus making him a free agent an becoming a knick

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
and i might be in the minority on this but i really dont care if he becomes a knick i mean id be happy and i do think its gonna but i think deron williams would be a better fit and playing in nj he would definetly take a pay cut to win

nyfinest4life
11-03-2011, 12:11 AM
yea i def agree. i would def also rather sign deron williams. hes better n u dont have to worry bout injuries with deron. we know paul had knee problems

beasted86
11-03-2011, 12:20 AM
well thats why i made this thread i just dont think the nba has the best interest for the hornets the whole him being a knick thing is irrelavent i dont think they will trade him because they wont sell tickets thus making him a free agent an becoming a knick

The NBA approved trades (Marcus Thornton for Carl Landry) that the Hornets GM made even after George Shinn gave up the team... so they do have a working interest in not screwing the team long term.

If the right offer comes that gives them back a star talent in return for Chris Paul, maybe they might listen... but like I said, they aren't going to give him away for free, or help him leave for a meager return.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Sigh.
You people just need to realize the truth. The truth is the kings have over 20 mill in cap space. That right there is something you clueless Knicks fans need to understand. Money is everthing and Cap space is everything. CP3 will never sign for anything less than 10mill a year. How the hell can knicks afford that? That's right they cant. The kings can offer him the best possible deal and he will no doubt accept.

beasted86
11-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Sigh.
You people just need to realize the truth. The truth is the kings have over 20 mill in cap space. That right there is something you clueless Knicks fans need to understand. Money is everthing and Cap space is everything. CP3 will never sign for anything less than 10mill a year. How the hell can knicks afford that? That's right they cant. The kings can offer him the best possible deal and he will no doubt accept.

Cool story. :clap:

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 12:30 AM
if it was all about money then he would just stay in no why the hell would he go to the kings i said i can see him going to the clippers and thats it in cali def not the kings lol u funny

nyfinest4life
11-03-2011, 12:30 AM
hahahaha wow cousinsevans ur an idiot

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 12:32 AM
i already said I DONT CARE IF WE GET HIM BUT WE DO HAVE MONEY TO ADD ANOTHER STAR OF OUR CHOICE these people just sound salty DO YOUR HOMEWORK

nyfinest4life
11-03-2011, 12:32 AM
yea werd. hes mad funny lol. y would he go to that joke of a team?? just get ready for paul, melo, n amare on the same team. LETS GO KNICKS!!!!

JayHunter
11-03-2011, 01:02 AM
They have control over the team but Demps is the GM

douglas
11-03-2011, 01:50 AM
The NBA will trade Chris Paul to the MLB

Mudvayne91
11-03-2011, 01:54 AM
^ I can vouch for that.

abe_froman
11-03-2011, 01:57 AM
doubt it.ny gave up alot of assets getting melo,dunno if they'd have enough to get cp3 and they're really the ones hard after him.

da ThRONe
11-03-2011, 02:30 AM
There's no guarantee CP3 will be a Knick, for that matter there's no guarantee he'll even leave the Hornets. He has strong ties to the New orleans community and it's not as if they're a bottom dwelling team. That being said I hope he does end up coming here.

If there is a God this will be the outcome. And he will bless us with Dwight Howard. :clap:

Cal827
11-03-2011, 02:51 AM

Dear god, this is the first Knicks fan on PSD that I've seen that isn't already referring to him as a Knick. Kudos sir :clap:

Monta is beast
11-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Personally I think players like James, Wade, Bosh, Anthony, Stoudamire, and eventually Howard, and Paul are ruining the NBA.

da ThRONe
11-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Personally I think players like James, Wade, Bosh, Anthony, Stoudamire, and eventually Howard, and Paul are ruining the NBA.

What did A'mare do?

I don't think those guys a ruining the league persa. The NBA just had the best season in years due to the "Heatles". I do think that it hurts the league growth potential in the long run when guys gang up all on one team though.

abe_froman
11-03-2011, 03:24 AM
What did A'mare do?

I don't think those guys a ruining the league persa. The NBA just had the best season in years due to the "Heatles". I do think that it hurts the league growth potential in the lomg run when guys gang up all on one team though.

yes,but thats nothing new.they've been doing it for years.kareem gave no thought to ever go back to mil,wilt went to la to form one with baylor and west,hell in the 90's hakeem,barkley and pippen teamed up(too late to be effective but still).

players are going to team up,super teams will form no matter what.hell the nfl,the praised model of how to get stop them from forming saw the eagles form what was suppose to be one a few months ago

players will just take less(like lebron and bosh did,whats forgotten)to do it

da ThRONe
11-03-2011, 03:43 AM
yes,but thats nothing new.they've been doing it for years.kareem gave no thought to ever go back to mil,wilt went to la to form one with baylor and west,hell in the 90's hakeem,barkley and pippen teamed up(too late to be effective but still).

players are going to team up,super teams will form no matter what.hell the nfl,the praised model of how to get stop them from forming saw the eagles form what was suppose to be one a few months ago

players will just take less(like lebron and bosh did,whats forgotten)to do it

What James, Wade, and Bosh did has never been done. Players in their primes taking less to team up. When has this happenned before? Usually guys chase the money til their twilight years than start taking less to chase rings.
And even with that they left what 3-5mil per year of the table. When guys start leaving 7-10 mil per season in their primes then we have a problem. But it won't happen. While the cream of the crop will always get their picks and choosing of money and market other key guys (ie. Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson, A'mare Stoudamire, Zach Randolph, Kevin Durant) will use their prime NBA year to cash in. If it's in a small market so be it. It's these guys between star and super stardom that can tip the scale of competitive balance. If these guys can make 15+ mil and compete for titles on large rev teams well ofcourse they will, but if it's either compete for titles or get paid more often than not guys early in their careers are thinking about getting paid.

jay87shot
11-03-2011, 04:18 AM
I think the nba should just shut down for like 3-4 years let the whinny babies see what life is like without being grossly overpaid and restart the league up with a huge fantasy draft. Get new ref's get a better commissioner and play real basketball. Watching college basketball is way more entertaining. Who wants to watch a bunch of guys who are more worried about being entertainers than ball players. The way the league is running now I predict that 4-6 teams will fold within 5 years.

thenetslegend
11-03-2011, 04:22 AM
nba is like WWE in alot of ways

ModernDaySavage
11-03-2011, 06:44 AM
nba is like WWE in alot of ways

The only difference is, I'd **** the WWE divas.

thenetslegend
11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
The only difference is, I'd **** the WWE divas.

hahahahahahaha

uprightciti
11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
the hornets are gonna get moved out of N.O. Seattle of Vegas

VillaMaravilla
11-03-2011, 10:22 AM

Stat actually wanted to stay with the Suns, they were the ones that low balled him with a horrible contract he has made it known even after signing with the Knick the Pheonix was his #1 choice,,,,and you really cant blame Melo either if anyone is to blame its Wade, Bosh and James, I mean damn James of all people who is suppose to be the second coming having to go join Wade because he to scared to go at it alone is kind of sad......blame those 3 their the ones that started all this

Quietmoney
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
It don't matter to me... But everyone keeps saying what the hornets will and won't do with him. It's the same scenario the nuggets had with Melo but this time the hornets will have less leverage. There will be no Cba hanging over Paul's head. They can't trade him to a team he didn't want to go to. He has to accept the trade and that's the bottom line. He wants to win and win now! I'm sorry people, but Melo, CP3 & Amare together in Dantoni's offense is scary!! He's not gonna miss that opportunity. Not when the rest of his friends are doing it and competing on the highest level.

sixer04fan
11-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Chris Paul PG
Kobe Bryant SG
Rude Gay SF
Zack Randolph PF
Andrew Bynum C

That's not fair!

Also, I would be afraid to play a team that has a "rude gay" starting at SF. I hear those rude gays are vicious competitors.

29$JerZ
11-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Paul will be a Thunder or Magic long before the thought of him getting traded to NY is even possible

thapastime7
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
i think it makes sense for the league to trade him for some young players that way when a buyer comes they can buy the team which will be young and will have not have a huge team salary. If i was a potential buyer i would want to have a brand new team that way i can do it my way we all no if paul is kept he will be a free agent and you wouldnt get anythin from him so why not bring young players under contract and draft picks for someone leaving anyways.

smith&wesson
11-03-2011, 12:14 PM
do the hornets have a choice ? its either trade him or lose him for nothing.

sixer04fan
11-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I really don't believe that the NBA's front office is controlling the Hornet's personnel decisions (I understand the NBA owns the Hornets, but that's different then having a say in their personnel decisions), but for the purpose of the thread, I guess let's assume that David Stern's office is... At that point, you'd have to think there are two possible view points:

1) They want Chris Paul in a bigger market such as NY or LA to try to drive in more revenue for the league. It is pretty much an accepted fact that the league makes more money when its stars are in the biggest cities. Or,

2) They want to keep Chris Paul in NO to try to keep a franchise in that city and to try to keep some competitive balance while limiting these superstar teams.

Which do you think is in the best interest of the league?

mjm07
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Stat actually wanted to stay with the Suns, they were the ones that low balled him with a horrible contract he has made it known even after signing with the Knick the Pheonix was his #1 choice,,,,and you really cant blame Melo either if anyone is to blame its Wade, Bosh and James, I mean damn James of all people who is suppose to be the second coming having to go join Wade because he to scared to go at it alone is kind of sad......blame those 3 their the ones that started all this

Yes its b/c of the Heats big 3 that has ruined the NBA. B/c Melo did not force his way out of Denver he didn't want to sign the extension with the nuggest even though he said Denver was his #1. No he was forced out of Denver and the Knicks saved him.

I don't remember what happened to Stat in Pheonix but i doubt the Suns were his #1 either.

I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune if Knicks signed LBJ and Stat but i'm sure you'll say " i prefered Melo " ;)

Waaaay off buddy.

mjm07
11-03-2011, 12:39 PM
CP3 will leave or get traded from the Hornets unless they bring in more stars which I don't see happening. I dont know where he's going to go. If i were the NBA i'd trade him to OKC for Westbrook + picks/player. That would be a win win for both franchises.

McKnight
11-03-2011, 01:33 PM
What did he average last season? Around 15.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg and 9.8 apg? That will only improve with better quality around him.

DaBUU
11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Feels like a real big conflict of interest with this whole Hornets/CP3 situation.

McKnight
11-03-2011, 01:51 PM
I say if Paul is to be traded, the Lakers would possibly fit him best, with Bryant reaching the end of his career.

nate2usmc
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
If I were the Thunder, I'd keep Westbrook instead of a trade for Paul. Westbrook is young, durable and is very talented. He will only get better. **** I dont even know who they should trade or get rid off?? Everyone fits perfectly for their role. Now that's a well-oiled machine.

beasted86
11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
I really don't believe that the NBA's front office is controlling the Hornet's personnel decisions (I understand the NBA owns the Hornets, but that's different then having a say in their personnel decisions), but for the purpose of the thread, I guess let's assume that David Stern's office is... At that point, you'd have to think there are two possible view points:

1) They want Chris Paul in a bigger market such as NY or LA to try to drive in more revenue for the league. It is pretty much an accepted fact that the league makes more money when its stars are in the biggest cities. Or,

2) They want to keep Chris Paul in NO to try to keep a franchise in that city and to try to keep some competitive balance while limiting these superstar teams.

Which do you think is in the best interest of the league?

Doing what is the best interest for the Hornets.

Holding Chris Paul hostage and leaving good trade offers on the table isnt going to help them if Paul leaves anyway, and neither is trading him away to a bigger market and leaving the Hornets in turmoil.

The Nba isn't going to own the team forever. They have to protect the interests of the team or they will never be able to sell it. Same goes for their GM not getting owned on trades or else the new owners first order of business would be to fire him.

If everyone operates in the interest of the team, everything will work itself out.

KnicksR4Real
11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
The NBA can do what they would like, but why let Chris Paul walk?

futureman
11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
If I were New York, I would use that cap room to add more depth to their team and not another superstar. Outside of Paul, Anthony and Stoudimire, who do they have? They won't be able to keep Douglas and Fields. It will be those 3 and a bunch of d-leaguers.

I'm certain Miami will have this problem. They already do from the looks of it, I wouldn't be suprised if they traded Bosh or Lebron for some depth.

ChiSox219
11-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Paul will be a Thunder or Magic long before the thought of him getting traded to NY is even possible

He's going to LA.

PacersForLife
11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Sigh.

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you're ever talking about. If thats the case the Pacers could sign Paul, we got close to 30 Mil in cap space after the lockout is over. We all know that won't happen (except you maybe:facepalm:)
The Kings aren't going to attract any big free agents till they do some bigger things.

Garrett2010
11-03-2011, 02:54 PM
CP will play for the team that he wants to. That's what UFAs do.

If the Knicks are smart they would trade for CP and take back Okafur in the deal giving NO enormous cash relief and giving the Knicks a center they desperately need....

PacersForLife
11-03-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't want to see anymore super teams formed like the Heat ever again to be honest. Its disappointing that players can control where they want to go these days. It makes the league not very fun. If Chris Paul goes to the Knicks it will just be them and the Heat show, not the National Basketball Association... All I ask for in the new CBA is that there is something that prevents this.

Robbw241
11-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if CP3 stayed in NOLA?

nate2usmc
11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't want to see anymore super teams formed like the Heat ever again to be honest. Its disappointing that players can control where they want to go these days. It makes the league not very fun. If Chris Paul goes to the Knicks it will just be them and the Heat show, not the National Basketball Association... All I ask for in the new CBA is that there is something that prevents this.

I kinda didn't like it but it did well for the NBA ratings. best ratings since '98. Besides the Pacers are good to go man. There is still great competition among teams. Yeah a big 3 will give a team a higher chance to make it far but the road isnt easy and nothing is guaranteed.

da ThRONe
11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
do the hornets have a choice ? its either trade him or lose him for nothing.

Or maybe we are able to trade for another star to pair with Paul. With this luxury tax many teams will have to cut salary and willing to trade away star players for next to nothing.

da ThRONe
11-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if CP3 stayed in NOLA?

Not really.:eyebrow:

Honestly I know I'm a fan of all things New Orleans, but it's clear owners will have a system that much more small rev teams friendly. Many teams will be looking to shed contracts to avoid the hefty luxury penalties. I trust Dell Demps to be able to get the Hornets enough talent to make Paul happy.

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
i dont see cp3 going to okc to me westbrook is really young and still hasnt reached his potential yet the only real trade possibility if not the knicks is the clippers the only way okc trades westbrook is for d12

da ThRONe
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
i dont see cp3 going to okc to me westbrook is really young and still hasnt reached his potential yet the only real trade possibility if not the knicks is the clippers the only way okc trades westbrook is for d12

Why would we trade Paul to the Knicks. They traded anything remotely worth acquring to Denver for Anthony.

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
the reason why i think the nba wont trade him is what are they going to tell their fans sorry but we are just tanking the season i mean no isnt a bad team they will still make the playoffs and also they will probaly just make cp3 out to be the villan saying we fought hard for you and now your the 2012 lbj saying he doesnt care about the fans and he couldnt do it by himself espeacially when he goes to the knicks

mjm07
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Because they're the Knicks, DUH! An OKC deal for Westrbook makes too much sense. Thats why he's going to the Knicks.

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 04:46 PM
well i dont think it will be up to the hornets if he doesnt want to sign an extension with any other team then the knicks he can force his way out just like melo

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 04:50 PM
but why would okc want a pg with bad knees when they already have a younger no injuries yet one in westbrook i mean dam you act like they werent jus in the conf finals why would they mess up a young team

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
i mean you people act like him going to the knicks would be a surprise WHEN HE SAID IT HIMSELF PREDICTED MELO WOULD BE ON THE KNICKS BEFORE HE WAS THERE

netsgiantsyanks
11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
it dont matter. we all know chris paul is going to be a knick whether by trade or by free agency.

yeah, ok.

da ThRONe
11-03-2011, 04:53 PM
the reason why i think the nba wont trade him is what are they going to tell their fans sorry but we are just tanking the season i mean no isnt a bad team they will still make the playoffs and also they will probaly just make cp3 out to be the villan saying we fought hard for you and now your the 2012 lbj saying he doesnt care about the fans and he couldnt do it by himself espeacially when he goes to the knicks

We won't sniff the playoffs without Paul. If we win .250% of our games I would be shocked. Him leaving the N.O. will have a similar effect of LBJ leaving Cleveland.

flatbush knicks
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
im not saying you guys will make the playoffs without paul im sayin if he isnt traded you would make the playoffs

knicks4life33
11-03-2011, 10:28 PM
the nba should trade him cause if they let him get to free agency he is coming to the knicks but only problem what teams are out there that have the assets to give back at least good return on him ?? i have a feeling there is going be a rule in place b4 the lockout ends that will lower the length of the contract year or something or no sign and trades that will make this difficult or paul and howard

Dade County
11-03-2011, 10:47 PM
but why would okc want a pg with bad knees when they already have a younger no injuries yet one in westbrook i mean dam you act like they werent jus in the conf finals why would they mess up a young team

thank you :clap:

Raph12
11-03-2011, 11:08 PM
You guys throw out the dumbest trade ideas; maybe the Magic can trade Arenas and Turk for Wade and LBJ; then trade Nelson, Bass and QRich for CP3, DWest and Ariza:

New Magic Lineup
PG - CP3/Duhon
SG - Wade/Redick
SF - LBJ/Ariza
PF - DWest/Anderson
C - Dwight/Orton

Feels good to live in fantasy land, doesn't it? :eyebrow:

Sactown
11-04-2011, 03:14 AM
paul is going to the knicks. hes the one who made the infamous toast bout coming here. every1 knows hes comin to the knicks. paul, melo, n amare= no defensive stops

fixed

mjm07
11-04-2011, 09:17 AM

I agree but there are at least a cpl factors why both franchise might kick the tires on this deal.

1. CP3 is the best PG in the NBA
2. Westrbook isn't a true PG. He takes too many shots which was a problem during the season and in the playoffs.

Win win for both franchises especially since NO doesn't seem the favorite to retain CP3

jezzyman05
11-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Chris Paul PG
Kobe Bryant SG
Rude Gay SF
Zack Randolph PF
Andrew Bynum C

Jerry West is no longer in the Grizzlies front office so you can sratch that out

da ThRONe
11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
I agree but there are at least a cpl factors why both franchise might kick the tires on this deal.

1. CP3 is the best PG in the NBA
2. Westrbook isn't a true PG. He takes too many shots which was a problem during the season and in the playoffs.

Win win for both franchises especially since NO doesn't seem the favorite to retain CP3

Until a CBA is finalized I really don't know how anybody can start placing odds on players chances of leaving or staying.

marj987
11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
What do you mean the NBA? Don't you mean the Hornets?

nate2usmc
11-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Jerry West is no longer in the Grizzlies front office so you can sratch that out

LMFAO. Seriously. NBA2k12 has taken over some of these trade ideas and I'm a Knick fan lol.

Cp3 is my fav PG and it would be wild if he were a Knick BUT I'd prefer depth to surround Melo and Stat and save as many assets for the future as possible. If someone on the coaching staff teaches TD how to pass properly, Knicks will be ok and there's that thing..what is it..oh yeah Defense.

truther
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
the nba should trade him cause if they let him get to free agency he is coming to the knicks but only problem what teams are out there that have the assets to give back at least good return on him ?? i have a feeling there is going be a rule in place b4 the lockout ends that will lower the length of the contract year or something or no sign and trades that will make this difficult or paul and howard

too bad knicks don't have the cap space.

nolafan33
11-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Why on earth would the NBA trade him when they are trying to sell the Hornets?

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-07-2011, 01:07 PM
too bad knicks don't have the cap space.

We have enough to offer a decent contract. Totally up to him if he's willing to accept it

Sactown
11-07-2011, 01:12 PM
We have enough to offer a decent contract. Totally up to him if he's willing to accept it

Really? I didn't know there was a determined cap for next season... I must be wrong, but I thought there was a lockout going on determining the next CBA

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Really? I didn't know there was a determined cap for next season... I must be wrong, but I thought there was a lockout going on determining the next CBA

That is assuming the cap stays the same. Numerous articles have slated the cap to be the same or better next season. Love all your Knicks related sarcasm.

Sactown
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM
That is assuming the cap stays the same. Numerous articles have slated the cap to be the same or better next season. Love all your Knicks related sarcasm.

I wasn't fighting against you, but for you... I think if the lockout spins out of control and ends with a missed season, I wouldn't be surprised to see the owners go to a hardcap and up the limit to 65-70

Sactown
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I wasn't fighting against you, but for you... I think if the lockout spins out of control and ends with a missed season, I wouldn't be surprised to see the owners go to a hardcap and up the limit to 65-70

Or they could just lower to 52 and keep a flex cap, you just don't know

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-07-2011, 01:30 PM

My apologies then.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Or they could just lower to 52 and keep a flex cap, you just don't know

I doubt it drops that low.

Sactown
11-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I doubt it drops that low.

I doubt it does also, but I can't say with 100% certainty that it won't.

JEDean89
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
the nba better pray that paul doesn't end up a knick because the only thing that will stop him from being a knick is d12 being a knick.

Tony_Starks
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
The NBA will have no choice to trade him if they are smart. Keep in mind CP3 is on the players committee and has been dealing with Stern and these owners directly in these "negotiations." You think he's not going to remember how they tried to strong arm the players when this is all over?

They may have unwittingly just pushed him to New York or LA. The big market guys are smart, they're not making waves and just being ammendable to a agreement. One thing is for damn sure, he won't stay in NO and he's not going to any of those small market owners he's been sitting across the table from after seeing their true colors.....

Stack_NJNets
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM

Chris Paul PG
Kobe Bryant SG
Rude Gay SF
Zack Randolph PF
Andrew Bynum C

Where did you find such reliable information?

da ThRONe
11-07-2011, 07:19 PM
The NBA will have no choice to trade him if they are smart. Keep in mind CP3 is on the players committee and has been dealing with Stern and these owners directly in these "negotiations." You think he's not going to remember how they tried to strong arm the players when this is all over?

They may have unwittingly just pushed him to New York or LA. The big market guys are smart, they're not making waves and just being ammendable to a agreement. One thing is for damn sure, he won't stay in NO and he's not going to any of those small market owners he's been sitting across the table from after seeing their true colors.....

The Hornets will have a new owner once all this is done. One Paul will have no ill feelings towards.

Tony_Starks
11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
The Hornets will have a new owner once all this is done. One Paul will have no ill feelings towards.

Hey man him and Melo are boys, they've been hanging this whole time. NY has a big contract expiring with Chauncey and will have a gaping hole at pg and 2 allstars to play with.

I hate to break it to you my good fellow but you're about to see him take his talents to the Big Apple...... and I am not even a Knick fan.

Sactown
11-07-2011, 07:24 PM

I don't see why people think players are going to get mad... they aren't... when it's all said and done the players and owners will make up and be fine... That's like saying "Oh the Kings won't sign Lebron James because he was a strong fighter in the last lockout" it's just stupid... this isn't going to cripple anyone's chancing of signing anyone

da ThRONe
11-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey man him and Melo are boys, they've been hanging this whole time. NY has a big contract expiring with Chauncey and will have a gaping hole at pg and 2 allstars to play with.

I hate to break it to you my good fellow but you're about to see him take his talents to the Big Apple...... and I am not even a Knick fan.

This may be the case but it will have nothing to do with personal feelings relating to the current CBA situation.

His decision will be based largely on what happens with this CBA and what kind of deals our team can make when basketball action resumes.